TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the latest posts on the FB page set up by Karen's family makes me go hmmmm. They are asking everyone to think about a family in the area as the husband shot and killed his wife in front of their children.

Either they are very kind, considerate people who think of others' grief beyond their own, or it is a subliminal hint.........or possibly both.

Bless Karen's family, and her children, for all they must go through now.

:(

MOO

Either they are very kind, considerate people who think of others' grief beyond their own, or it is a subliminal hint.........or possibly both.

Bless Karen's family, and her children, for all they must go through now.

:(

MOO[/

IMO, they can relate to the situation....can't even imagine their devastation.

Thanks for the updates!

I wonder what is happening with her husband. What could be a reason that she has been released to her extended family ... aside from suspicious reasons. Could it be that the family made a special request and the husband didn`t object.

IMO, the husband would want to appear cooperative and his adult sons perhaps negotiated this?...since this wasn't a "quickie" autopsy he probably has nothing to gain by controlling her final resting place and could still even fight a request to exhume the body later on??? I have to assume that if he is involved that he is doing everything possible to keep up appearances and show that he is putting his children first.

As far as him attending the funeral, I'm not sure if his presence will mean anything or not. I think he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't attend. If he goes to support his children, his presence maybe viewed negatively, and if he's not there, he'll look guilty and cold.

And they will have LE watching him at the funeral, as well as everyone else, to gauge their reactions. IMO, it doesn't matter how he reacts, there will be some who will criticize him.
Why shouldn't he be there? He is the father of her children, he should be there to support them, I can't imagine why that would be viewed negatively by anyone. Even if they were already divorced, he still has the right to attend her funeral. I can't imagine him NOT being there for his children. The girls are still pretty young, they will need their dad beside them.

It would be good for the family if LE could rule out the husband publicly, but it seems they either can't or aren't going to do so, in which case speculation is bound to continue, IMO.

And they will have LE watching him at the funeral, as well as everyone else, to gauge their reactions. IMO, it doesn't matter how he reacts, there will be some who will criticize him.
Why shouldn't he be there? He is the father of her children, he should be there to support them, I can't imagine why that would be viewed negatively by anyone. Even if they were already divorced, he still has the right to attend her funeral. I can't imagine him NOT being there for his children. The girls are still pretty young, they will need their dad beside them.

Considering the length of time that has passed and that LE clearly has a suspect(s) I'm not sure that anyone's reaction at the funeral will be of much consequence in this case. It seems to me that LE is trying to build a case and that they don't need to smoke anyone out at this stage in the game. I think the funeral will provide more insight to the public rather than LE. I think that his interaction with her family and how they receive him will be of more interest to the media and the public than LE.
MOO

It would be good for the family if LE could rule out the husband publicly, but it seems they either can't or aren't going to do so, in which case speculation is bound to continue, IMO.

Hopefully LE will be able to either exclude him or have enough evidence for an arrest. Unless there is some proof she was headed out of the house to go somewhere early in the morning, he was the last known adult to see her, yet it may be lack of other evidence that LE needs.

MOO

I think of Karen every day and hope that there is some justice for her soon...

Thinking about Karen this morning. Praying for her family as they prepare for her funeral. There is something about a funeral that makes it all sink in. Burying a loved one is difficult, but usually brings some peace with it. There is some relief in Karen's case that this family will have a place to go to remember and honor her. :rose:

I wonder how significant not clearing him is. Since they have not used the media to put pressure on anyone, if he's innocent I really don't see the harm in clearing him, especially for the benefit of the children. Which leads me to think...
MOO

I wonder how significant not clearing him is. Since they have not used the media to put pressure on anyone, if he's innocent I really don't see the harm in clearing him, especially for the benefit of the children. Which leads me to think...
MOO

I haven't seen anything about the autopsy results or any evidence, so I guess that hasn't been released?

I keep going back to the fact that her car, belongings and Karen were found in such different places. That doesn't seem like something a random person would do, so it could be a situation where there's not enough for an arrest, but too much to rule the husband out.

I haven't seen anything about the autopsy results or any evidence, so I guess that hasn't been released?

I keep going back to the fact that her car, belongings and Karen were found in such different places. That doesn't seem like something a random person would do, so it could be a situation where there's not enough for an arrest, but too much to rule the husband out.

ITA, perhaps similar to the Anthony case where it's obvious yet the evidence isn't as strong as they would like?

MOO

I check here often to see if there has been news that I have missed. I haven't posted lately since I do not have anything to offer, but I want to say thanks for everyone who is keeping Karen's family and friends in their prayers.

Not sure if this matters, but while talking with Karen's mom weeks ago I had asked her to make sure to let me know when they make the arrangements for Karen. She told me back then that she doesn't know anything but thinks that David is planning on bringing her to Pocahontas, Ar.

I am still baffled and very torn with my feelings. I guess all we can do is wait and pray for justice. :sigh::praying:

I know nothing about the case other than what I have read in the news media. Let’s forget the husband aspect of this for a minute. If she did leave the house in the middle of the night; why? To get meds for the sick child or maybe to meet someone, possibly? The proximity of her vehicle to her home leads me to believe she wanted to be far enough as to not be sitting in front of the house.

I know nothing about the case other than what I have read in the news media. Let’s forget the husband aspect of this for a minute. If she did leave the house in the middle of the night; why? To get meds for the sick child or maybe to meet someone, possibly? The proximity of her vehicle to her home leads me to believe she wanted to be far enough as to not be sitting in front of the house.

Tracking dogs could not pick up Karen's scent around the car, implying that she never got our of the car at that location. I don't know that it's "Carved in Stone" that she wasn't there if the dogs didn't pick up her scent but it is a clue. Also, Karen was a runner - if she ran in that location, looks like her trail would have still been along the highway.

Tracking dogs could not pick up Karen's scent around the car, implying that she never got our of the car at that location. I don't know that it's "Carved in Stone" that she wasn't there if the dogs didn't pick up her scent but it is a clue. Also, Karen was a runner - if she ran in that location, looks like her trail would have still been along the highway.

Yea don't know how reliable the tracking dogs are, should have picke up on her scent if she runs in the area. I read an article about a man who went missing the dogs pick up on his sent at his office 3 weeks latter. Not to sure about the dogs they used. I am willing to bet that because they released the body they have to be close, or it will be one of those cases, LE knows who did it but just can't prove it in a court of law.

I think there were several cases here (on WS) where the perp was arrested on the day of the funeral. I have hope that Karen's murderer will be arrested this week. I know that it would be a relief for the family.

Am I mistaken in recalling that LE did say they had evidence from the body and or scene? I seem to remember that but can't be sure.

Am I mistaken in recalling that LE did say they had evidence from the body and or scene? I seem to remember that but can't be sure.

You are correct that they stated that DNA evidence was found on her body and in the car. They did not indicate if this was from the perp or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth