GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Nancy Grace, did anyone else hear that the neighbor said he was introduced to Alicia in Longoria's garage that night? I remember reading or hearing that the neighbor thought he saw her but I didn't know he was introduced to her and knew it was her for a fact. The gf said he was only gone 2 hours but maybe he returned with Alicia and friends and then left again, late. I wonder what time they were seen hanging out in Longoria's garage?

Oh yea welcome to a teenage boy's life. Have girl friends break up with them or get broken up with = end of life as they know it. They are so emoctional at that age.

He's 24, engaged and has a new baby. The posting on his FB were very disturbing and troubling, imo. He's calling out for help. Since I can't find an addy for him, I'm wondering if he is still living at home or with his GF's parents?

Isn't there a 3 strikes law in Texas? Or a career criminal law or something? Why was this guy ever out of jail? And shouldn't the community get to know what's moving in on their street?? This is sickening to me.

I heard that too on NG, where he said he was introduced to her.
Did anyone else catch it on NG where AL said that her 19 year old boyfriend had him text her or something to that effect to state their was a party?
Why did they only show those clips in a collage of sorts, never saw them before, and cannot find them in their entirety.....

He was still 17 in 1991 for first shown arrest in Texas. All from that one county.

Any year prior would be juvenile record, and some states won't show anything, or it will show nothing but sealed. Might be worth checking Wyoming for anything prior.

LOL....I guess I'd better sharpen my math skills. Sorry AOT. :blushing:

Thanks again for all the info.

LOL....I guess I'd better sharpen my math skills. Sorry AOT. :blushing:

Thanks again for all the info.

Doesn't mean he didn't start earlier. My bet he was in trouble by the time he hit early double digits.

This guy couldn't live straight if his life depended on it, which now, it may well.

No apparent unpaid access to WY court records, at least none I can find. Have to sign up for pay service (at 8 cents a page for dockets), and I'm honestly not that interested. Have seen enough to know he is a bad seed.

Isn't there a 3 strikes law in Texas? Or a career criminal law or something? Why was this guy ever out of jail? And shouldn't the community get to know what's moving in on their street?? This is sickening to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_strikes_law

The following states have enacted three strike laws:
In 1974: Texas[4]
In 1993: Washington
In 1994: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, North Dakota
In 1995: Arkansas, Georgia, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin
In 1996: Florida, Tennessee, Virginia.

That's right....he was charged in TX. Making call on cell phone smuggled in to prison....and the act was committed there? He was charged....in TX..couldn't they hold him or something until he faced those? Sorry, not legal smart here.

From your link: In February, 2009, Detective Kevin Fineberg of the McDowell County Sheriff's Office charged Longoria with phoning in a bomb threat to Marion Elementary and Glenwood Elementary the month before.

(I read this incorrectly, but I am just throwing my 2-cents in)

This was/is reckless parenting.

The status quo of "You should be married and your children should have a father" doesn't help ALL cases. It should be noted, some women are smart (like another poster here once said) and value their children MORE than than the status quo.

JMO, of course. I feel for those children more than the "heartbroken" girlfriend.

:toast:

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!

From personal experience, I can tell you that NO father is better than a jack**s. It's not my experience alone. I look around and see the same situation with various, minute differences. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, so I am not trying to offend anyone that has found love after children, divorce, death of spouse, etc...

But me, personally? Should I ever divorce or become widowed, I will NOT bring a stepdaddy into my children's lives while they are still living under my roof. I just don't understand! Are there not grandfathers, uncles, cousins, teachers, coaches, etc that they can expose their kids to? I'm not saying kids don't "need" fathers or trying to downplay their role at all. I'm saying that if that is the card you are dealt, it does not mean the mother needs to run out and find a "daddy"...there are other avenues.

And to top it all off, let's find a "daddy" in prison?|!|?!?|!?!?!?!?!?|!?

I know mothers are entitled to their happiness, but for God's sake! You won't have your kids thisclose forever! Be a mom now and someone's lover later! Or at the very least, date outside the home, away from your kids, until your kids are grown and out of the house. It just sickens me how many kids see a revolving door of "daddies" and "uncles"...:furious:

Get a sitter and go out but leave it at the door and don't bring it in the home! Kids need a safe place that is theirs and they need to know they come before romance!

Ok, getting off my soapbox...:banghead:

Doesn't mean he didn't start earlier. My bet he was in trouble by the time he hit early double digits.

This guy couldn't live straight if his life depended on it, which now, it may well.

No apparent unpaid access to WY court records, at least none I can find. Have to sign up for pay service (at 8 cents a page for dockets), and I'm honestly not that interested. Have seen enough to know he is a bad seed.

Bet he lied to his parents, teachers, and exxagerated his tales to his buddies....even as a child.

That's right....he was charged in TX. Making call on cell phone smuggled in to prison....and the act was committed there? He was charged....in TX..couldn't they hold him or something until he faced those? Sorry, not legal smart here.

From your link: In February, 2009, Detective Kevin Fineberg of the McDowell County Sheriff's Office charged Longoria with phoning in a bomb threat to Marion Elementary and Glenwood Elementary the month before.

I believe the charges are in NC? They just haven't MOVED on those yet, but I bet they are scrambling now.

Transcripts from tonights Nancy Grace
http://www.livedash.com/transcript/nancy_grace/50/HLN/Monday_August_30_2010/287162/

Six 'confident murder charges will be filed' in teen's death
http://dailyme.com/story/2010083000003617/confident-murder-charges-filed-teens-death.html

Some really mean and uncalled for stuff going on here tonight. Please, help me flag if you can

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alicias-Story/155025607840910?v=wall&story_fbid=154618041222458

Snipped from Sherbie's MSM Link above:

He said Longoria also has a pending case in North Carolina in which he is charged with calling in threats to an elementary school

I wonder why NC didn't go to pick him up when he got out of prison? They do that don't they? Just curious.

This particular quote struck me as kind of funny (haha not odd):

Longoria said authorities told him after questioning last week that he was not being held and could "go as I pleased."

Yes Adam you weren't being held but going as you pleased didn't mean stealing a truck to do it. Lordy.

I was talking about 1991 and prior.....is this what your referring to? Did you find other charges besides these in the one TX county? Just clarifying here...

He's really one for loss of reasoning in my book and I bet a box of donuts LE had survellience on him and grabbed that parcel before it even left the KS PO. Too, if he was headed to TX he seemed to be going the wrong way. Seems I remember a IL connection too. Logic? Now one of the many reasoning ?'s...Why mail two cowboy hats and a pr of pants to TX? Huh?
Curious, as was another poster, if these were the "party pants"?
As far as the red arms...I think that is just exposure to the elements. Long sleeves being rolled up while working in the sun. Nature's heat along with hot asphalt added to it I think. Besides, he hadn't had any real recent exposure to the hot summer sun in a quite a few years. Prolly some pretty tender lily white skin exposed for the first time in a long time. JMO

ETA: Still wanting to know why he was running around free if there was a warrant for him. But, if he's caught and has a limited warrant (per prior poster) would the LE still be able to act on it....in someway? TIA

In regards to the way he was traveling - if he was not from this area, and it doesn't sound like his is, he probably didn't know what small highways to take to remain undetected. The way he was traveling makes sense to me, only because I imagine he was going up Hwy 156 from GB to I-70. After he would have gotten on I-70, I suspect he would have taken the I-135 Interstate South to Texas. Salina, KS is where the 2 Interstates connect for N/S & E/W travel. Pretty stupid if you ask me though, to take the main interstate when you are in a stolen vehicle.

What I don't understand is where was he from the time he stole the vehicle between 1a-2a and when he was arrested shortly before 12pm. It would only be a 90min drive from GB to Salina. This makes me question where he mailed the personal belongings? The article states "Six said Longoria, who was released from a Texas prison in May, had some personal items, including clothing, mailed to Texas around the time authorities say he stole a car from his employer and left Great Bend". Unless he just put a bunch of stamps on the package & put it in the post office box, that he would have to go somewhere in person to ship it. There would be no place in GB until at least 8am open to do that. So, that makes me wonder if he went to another town along his route to mail it, which would make up for some of the time he was out and about. I'm just so confused by all his actions. It appears he can't function in the outside world (like the ex said) and maybe he was looking for a way to get back to prison life.

Here in IL, a simple search of the IDOC website, which you can search by name, or inmate number, etc. would reveal ALL charges which have not been discharged (thus including time out on parole). If that info is not readily available in KS, I'll rescind my annoyance with apologies to the GF, but IMO when you move a man into your home with your kids, you do a careful check on him...already knowing he had been incarcerated, you do a (imo) background check!! (Or don't do it, but that is neither here nor there)

Last complaint I promise.
Longoria's GF saying that her son saw him as a 'father figure' when they have only known each other for such a short time, even INCLUDING his incarcerated days, is sickening. IMO, kids shouldn't even meet a parent's BF/GF until the relationship is solid and 'for sure' going to last, or as sure as one can be. To have men/women jump into and out of the life of a child is cruel. To bring a man, potentially dangerous as a convicted felon, without doing a careful verification of his rap sheet, is idiocy IMO. A quickie check of his charges could have proven him a liar prior to him moving in (she says she was not informed of his full criminal background, IOW, he shaved off a few charges).

Sorry to ramble, just wanted to share what I know and ramble a bit. :blushing::blushing:
I

Just wanted to say that KS does have an way to search for offenders in the system. I use it quite frequently. And certain counties (usually the larger ones) have their inmate records online and you can see their info. Barton Co. does not, which doesn't surprise me b/c of how small it is.

I 100% agree that the GF should have done a background check on him before moving this habitual offender in with her 2 kids. If she was single and had no kids, I could care less what she does. But when you are a parent, you HAVE to put your kids 1st, no matter what. I really hope LE has talked to these kids and asked them about abuse. It really scares me that she had a young daughter.

I believe the charges are in NC? They just haven't MOVED on those yet, but I bet they are scrambling now.

The detective charged him in TX, because the act was committed in TX even tho the call was received in NC. He wasn't in NC when the call was made. Maybe they both, TX and NC, charged him?????

Nancy was right, it's a different ball game when you have an adult do this carp. I think he is very emotionally immature, and prolly one of the reasons he reasons the way he does and the decisions he makes. Did you get that? ...sort of scrambled.

Transcripts from tonights Nancy Grace
http://www.livedash.com/transcript/nancy_grace/50/HLN/Monday_August_30_2010/287162/

Six 'confident murder charges will be filed' in teen's death
http://dailyme.com/story/2010083000003617/confident-murder-charges-filed-teens-death.html

Some really mean and uncalled for stuff going on here tonight. Please, help me flag if you can

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alicias-Story/155025607840910?v=wall&story_fbid=154618041222458

Pat Brown has this one nailed. Both on NG and Levi's program. She said AD's jeans were pulled half off, only one leg in them with the shoe; she thinks AD was assaulted in the SUV.
NG & Jane Casarez discussed the called in bomb threat. I'll catch it on the go around again and see if I can hear anything on the two questions ask...if they are not in the transcripts and only as a lead in. (collage). I personally hate that and then when they show maps or text quoting people and don't leave it up long enough for you to read or comprehend.:crazy: Sometimes I think someone from the program reads WS, because they say exactly what we have posted. :)

Please read post pulled from Thread #1

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5564008&postcount=587

To save you time, I was basically just asking what you can tell us about the Great Bend airport, hangars, storage buildings, etc in the airport area. Are they easily accessible, hidden...?

TIA!!:waitasec:

I don't know much about the GB airport, but here is the info I found. All I personally know is that it's a very small airport, I'm pretty sure they are still doing 1 "puddle jumper" flight from GB to Denver daily. There is the main part of the building where people would go to check-in/arrive.

It appears on google map there are only a handful of hangars, possibly 6-8. There are other buildings near the property as well, but I can't tell if they are airport regulated or privately owned. I know where I live, we have the same type of small airport (well, even smaller) and there are many people that own their own planes in town that have privately owned hangars. All of those are locked down and secured independently. But I'd imagine if anyone was in the hangar area, they'd have access to all the buildings, just not inside of them. I don't know what type of fencing there is around the GB airport, but here the fence is very small and I could imagine it'd be very easy to gain access.

According to the GB airport website, the hours of operation are 0630-1800. They are a 24hr fueling center, but it is by credit card only, so it doesn't appear there is anyone working at night overseeing the premises.

Here is the link I referenced from: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KGBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member