Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I posted last week about Troy Graves, the Center City rapist. Philly still has one serial rapist/muderer on the loose, and they aired it on the news last night that he's been on the loose for five years.

In all, DNA has linked him to 3 rapes, one attempted rape and one murder. All attacks took place in park settings against women who were jogging or walking. After attacking the women, he sometimes tries to console them. This guy actually varied from his hunting grounds last year by attacking someone jogging in a park in a different area of the city. Police have said that he might appear "normal" to people, yet despite a sketch, no one has been apprehended.

I bring this perp up because it's another case of a rapist murdering only on of his victims, in this case, his second one. We have talked a lot about progression is Bri's case, but now we have two cases that we can look at where the perp didn't continue killing. I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this.

So, I posted last week about Troy Graves, the Center City rapist. Philly still has one serial rapist/muderer on the loose, and they aired it on the news last night that he's been on the loose for five years.

In all, DNA has linked him to 3 rapes, one attempted rape and one murder. All attacks took place in park settings against women who were jogging or walking. After attacking the women, he sometimes tries to console them. This guy actually varied from his hunting grounds last year by attacking someone jogging in a park in a different area of the city. Police have said that he might appear "normal" to people, yet despite a sketch, no one has been apprehended.

I bring this perp up because it's another case of a rapist murdering only on of his victims, in this case, his second one. We have talked a lot about progression is Bri's case, but now we have two cases that we can look at where the perp didn't continue killing. I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this.

Good points NH. Profiles can only provide a probable description of these disturbed men. The fact that they are obviously demented in and of itself make them unpredictable. They just don't think like us "normal" people but are able to act the part very well. Bri's killer could continue to attack and escalate his violence or he may never kill again. The probability of him raping again is extremely high but who really knows. It could be years before he is ever identified, or worse he may never be apprehended. I'm not expecting any resolution in the near future but I hope I'm wrong and LE is hot on his trail. With no really new information it is hard to tell if they are making progress. What is the time frame before a case is officially considered "cold?"

Good point! He may even have had enough for himself to handle, possibly might stop trying to rape and kill ever again....

Could the intertwined underwear mean that this perp is connected somehow to Brianna, her friend and also the people whose DNA is on the other pair of underwear. Maybe the perp was known to Brianna and he killed her because she recognized him.

Anything is possible, Ispy. Or maybe he wanted to be connected with her and in his mind, the interwining of the undwear could signify something known to ONLY him. It is something to think about. For himt to take the time to intertwine the underwear lets us know that it was important to him. Now we are trying to figure out what it means. When I think of intertwined, I think of the word TOGETHER...I posted a few days ago that perhaps it was a message to Brianna's friend that she would be his next victim. Or maybe he enjoys the idea of two women having sex and the intertwining of the underwear is the way he expresses that feeling...I wonder how much he is into *advertiser censored*. I am willing to say he is pretty into it.

SS, what is curious to me is why did he needed 2 pairs of underwear to strangle her. I mean he could have used his hands. That's why I feel the underwear means something. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I think the victims of the previous rapes might be able to come up with more info. As someone else said in a previous post, if they are hypnotized they may remember more. It's probably a very slow process trying to get them to remember details. Remember Elizabeth Smart's little sister who remembered who her sister's kidnapper was.

I'm a real true crime nut and love reading those type of books, my mind works like crazy trying to think of the why's and wherefors. I probably should have studied criminal psychology.

I'm not sure two small pairs of panties would be long enough to strangle a person, and wouldn't they have been found tightly twisted around the neck instead of near the body as they said. I don't know about the pink pair, but one was a little thong. Maybe he used them as binding for wrists.

They are not going to release where they actually found them especially if he used them to strangle her.

I think intertwined means he used them to strangle her and has no hidden meaning.

That could be, but intertwined panties, one pair of which did not belong at the scene, is an intentional message and not is per chance. He strikes me as an organized offender- so he's arriving with an instrument for murder, imo

ok.....so authorities have captured Cesar Laurean in mexico. That had to be a difficult thing to do, so you would HOPE they can get Brianna's killer in a smaller area!

That could be, but intertwined panties, one pair of which did not belong at the scene, is an intentional message and not is per chance. He strikes me as an organized offender- so he's arriving with an instrument for murder, imo
I don't disagree that he had the pp thong on him when he arrived as I believe it came from a prior vic and left on purpose with Bri. I think he grabbed the other pair while he was there.

ok.....so authorities have captured Cesar Laurean in mexico. That had to be a difficult thing to do, so you would HOPE they can get Brianna's killer in a smaller area!

If only LE knew WHO her killer was. They were onto Cesar before they even believed Maria was dead. :(
So sad, all these young women thrown away like garbage.

I haven't kept up on this case and I'm coming in very very late. But I am SHOCKED that an arrest has not been made yet.

If this is a "serial" rapist/killer, I would think he has committed another rape/killing by now. Have there been any cases of rape or other types of similiar crime in the area recently? Say, within a 50 mile radius??

He might have also realized that LE and the community were going to hunt him down and has left the area for another "killing" ground.

Sorry if this has been brought up already.........will try to speed read and catch up.

I haven't kept up on this case and I'm coming in very very late. But I am SHOCKED that an arrest has not been made yet.

If this is a "serial" rapist/killer, I would think he has committed another rape/killing by now. Have there been any cases of rape or other types of similiar crime in the area recently? Say, within a 50 mile radius??

He might have also realized that LE and the community were going to hunt him down and has left the area for another "killing" ground.

Sorry if this has been brought up already.........will try to speed read and catch up.

I'm not in the Reno area but I would think if an attack that could possibly be linked to this perp had occurred we would have heard....and I haven't heard anything.

It is not really shocking to me that an arrest hasn't been made. These type of perps tend to target victims they have no ties to. Descriptions of him and his vehicle have changed, and although detailed they really aren't of much help to most of the public...could be thousands of men I assume. DNA provides nothing to help ID him.

If he has no secure ties to the area then I also believe he'd likely get of town. He's had a few months to make his exit now and it wouldn't seem as suspicious to others at this point.

I think he is very much still in Reno and is living his life quite normally...which he has done all along. I also believe he has been on the internet continuously and has inserted himself in this case through various avenues.

His wife/SO isn't suspicious because his behavior has not changed during this whole time frame. He is still doing exactly what he always has done with the family and work. This is why he has been difficult to find, but he has made mistakes which will come back to haunt him.

I think he is very much still in Reno and is living his life quite normally...which he has done all along. I also believe he has been on the internet continuously and has inserted himself in this case through various avenues.

His wife/SO isn't suspicious because his behavior has not changed during this whole time frame. He is still doing exactly what he always has done with the family and work. This is why he has been difficult to find, but he has made mistakes which will come back to haunt him.

I agree with SS that he is smart enought o go undetected in everyday life, however I believe that he may only have superficial SO, or other relation ships because someone as ill as this person has gaping cracks/ holes in his sidewalk that will be detected if someone close is paying attention.

I have searched endlessly for the case where a perp offends "out of the blue". But unfortunately I seem to always here "well no, no real signs this would happen, except there was that time when he was setting cats on fire in the backyard and bedwetting into his twenties..." Not trying to be funny, but the point is, people always leave a trail if you are looking.

I think he is laying low right now. Continuing to live his normal day to day life.

Did one of the victims say that he smelled clean or was I mistaken. Does this mean that he had a shower prior to the attack? For example, getting off the afternoon shift, showering and then heading home or in his case preparing for his attack. Maybe where he works there is an odour left on him or his clothes or he sweats alot doing his job. He might be a real clean freak.

If he works the afternoon shift, he may not spend a lot of time with his SO if she works days. The other thing is he might be very controlling and although the SO may suspect him she is too afraid to come forward. She probably needs a bit egging from LE to come forward if she suspects anything.

Does anyone know has he taken mementos from the other victims?

Blink, I agree. I don't think this is something that happens out of the blue. Most serial rapists/killers have a history of abnormal behaviour or trauma in their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong