GUILTY TN - Jennifer Hampton, 21, Knoxville, 19 Sept 2008

yes, doesn't sound good :(
bluestarzz

This so upsetting. Although it hasn't been confirmed that it is Jennifer it makes me so angry that a young woman could go to another town for work and not come home again. This is much different that an unavoidable accident but rather a terrible scourge that someone decided to inflict. And, destroy her life.

I hope the police catch this person (s) soon and inflict the most severe punishment our justice system will allow. It is only right. And, fair.

This so upsetting. Although it hasn't been confirmed that it is Jennifer it makes me so angry that a young woman could go to another town for work and not come home again. This is much different that an unavoidable accident but rather a terrible scourge that someone decided to inflict. And, destroy her life.

I hope the police catch this person (s) soon and inflict the most severe punishment our justice system will allow. It is only right. And, fair.

God bless her family ...so sad..

Canada

I would like to know more about her co-workers who were also staying at the hotel. I am suspicious as to why her boss, Jim Lewis, was late to meet the others the morning she was reported missing.

Susan

I would like to know more about her co-workers who were also staying at the hotel. I am suspicious as to why her boss, Jim Lewis, was late to meet the others the morning she was reported missing.

Susan

Susan, I scanned the news articles and can't seem to locate this info. Do you have a link to this?

ewwww i didn't know this.that he was late......a co worker of mine was talking about an interview she saw on tv,...had to be him.....i didn't see it, but he wouldn't look at the tv recorder........so she said.....just something to think about.....
bluestarzz
i am a person who will look you in the eye :)

There was also some sort of discrepancy in the timeline that her boss gave. I have to go back and find it, but I believe she was supposed to have told everyone goodnight after dinner, but he said he had "spoken with her" or something to that effect around 11:00 pm - which was a few hours after dinner. Now, I have gone on a LOT of business trips with various bosses, and any situation where they were contacting you after 10:00 pm was usually, "a bad thing", if you know what I mean... Of course, and best boss in the world would be confused about times if an employee was missing. This case will be solved, and justice will be served - it just doesn't feel like one where the trail grows cold.

What??? Her boss was late????
Sorry if i'm a little behind, but this is the first i've heard of this about the boss. :(

Does anyone know how long they have to wait to find out if the body is Jennifer or not? :(
OMG the waiting has to be agony....

I read on one of the local news channels that there will be a press conference at 8am est on monday
bluestarzz

A press conference - yea.... How sad. I would really love to hear about an arrest at that press conference.

I wonder who the two guys were that were hanging around outside the motel door? Does LE know? I also wonder how the killer (s) got her to open the door. LE said there was no forced entry. I wouldn't think that she went outside for anything as she was leary of the two guys hanging around outside. I hope this young girl is found soon. I can only try and imagine what her family is going through while they look for her and wait for something to happen. It would be wonderful if they found her alive somewhere. We need a miracle for a change.

The family believes it's her, too...

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/29878204.html

UPDATE 9/29/08 11:13 p.m.: KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Family attorney Eddie Daniel says that Jennifer Hampton's family has enough information to believe that the remains found over the weekend in Melton Hill Lake in Oak Ridge are in fact those of the missing Alabama waitress.

Daniel says the family is making arrangements to have Jenniffer's body taken back to Alabama.

Daniel says, "The family holds out a minuscule amount of hope that the body found in Melton Hill Lake is not that of Jenny," but that they do feel that, unfortunately, it is.

The two illegals look suspicious. The chart cast for Last Heard From (9/19/08, 11:30 pm) suggested two people, one younger, one older. One was definitely male, the other probably male. The one guy (older) probably resented women. The other guy (younger) probably went along for the "thrill" of it (sick as that sounds...). The two guys were hidden, hiding. She was targeted. They had sex (rape) on their mind. Fantasies up the yin-yang. Maybe they wanted to get kinky & things got out of control. COD likely suffocation/strangulation. They used their hands. I don't see a weapon in the chart....

Thanks,
Soulscape

Bad News..........I am very sorry to report..............

She was found by a fisherman in Melton Hill Lake - about 8 miles from the hotel. There is something wrong with this entire investigation. I don't have time to type it right now, but I will tell you my observations later this evening. I was in Knoxville last Monday and was searching with my search/rescue dog and was told they did not need my help. Friends from her hometown had a large search team assembled and when they called the Knoxville City Police they were told they could not search as they only used their own teams. I will get back with everyone later today.

RIP Jennifer

Author: unknown
We little knew that morning,
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved your dearly,
In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
You did not go alone,
For part of us went with you,
the day God called you home.

You left us beautiful memories,
Your love is still our guide