TX TX - Houston, WhtFem 34-58, UP600, clear hospital bracelet, clothes, shoes, Aug'02

ikoihil

Verified User
Reaction score
M8803014.jpg

Anna T. Dimmitt
Missing since May 11, 1984 from Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing - Disabled

Name: Anna T. Dimmitt
AKA: Anastasia
Case Number: M8803014
Case Type: Disabled
Last Seen in: Fort Worth (Tarrant County)
Last Seen on: 5/11/1984
Height: 5' 1 "
Weight: 125 lbs.
Age Missing: 38
Eye Color: Grey
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 11/4/1945
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Unknown
-
Anna Dimmitt was last seen in Fort Worth, TX on May 11, 1984.

Anna has a history of mental illness and had just been released from the Wichita Falls State Hospital when she went missing.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Texas Department of Public Safety
512-424-5074

Agency Case Number: M8803014
The Doe Network: Case File 2379DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2379dftx.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dimmitt_anna.html

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...ssing Person

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase646.html

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 646

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on August 7, 2002 in Houston, Harris County, Texas
* Estimated Date of Death: greater than 3 years
* Cause of Death: Blunt trauma to head
* State of Remains: Skeletal

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 38 - 58 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 4" - 5' 8"
* Distinguishing Characteristics:
* Clothing: Long sleeve beige shirt with collar (Jimmy Connors label by Slazenger); size 8, dark color Maidenform panties; white slip-on shoes
* Other: She was wearing a clear, plastic, band bracelet, similar to a hospital bracelet, with writing worn off.
* Fingerprints: Not Available
* Dentals: Available
* DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located at 100 Fariss in Houston, Harris County, Texas on August 7, 2002.

The skeletonized remains were found in a wooded area and represent a virtually complete skeleton of one individual.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Texas Department of Public Safety
512-424-5074
--
Harris County Medical Examiner
Jennifer Love
713-796-6827
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
U0310026
ML02-2656

NCIC Number:
U-080005896
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0310026

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase646.html

______________________________________________​

Name: Anna T. Dimmitt

Name: Unidentified White Female​

Last Seen in: Fort Worth

UID Found: Houston, TX​

Last Seen on: 5/11/1984

UID Found: 08/07/2002

Height: 5' 1 "

UID Height: 5' 4" - 5' 8"​

Weight: 125 lbs.

UID Weight: Unknown

Age at time Missing: 38

UID Estimated age: 38 - 58 years old

______________________________________________​

If skeletized remains are found, how accurate is the height given?

Anna T. Dimmit just got out of the hospital the day before she disappeared, and I found a doe wearing a hospital band, and is the correct age and time frame - just the height is off by a few inches... the information is above... let me know any feedback you may have.

Thanks,

ikoihil

If skeletized remains are found, how accurate is the height given?

Thanks,

ikoihil

I'd allow 2-3 inches on both sides of estimated height.

Thank you for your feedback, Carl.

Do you see any other reason that this match should not be considered as a possibility?

Thank you for your feedback, Carl.

Do you see any other reason that this match should not be considered as a possibility?

The height estimate is already pretty wide (5'4" to 5'8"), so it looks like they already added the margin. Anna's listed height (5'1") is three inches outside of that range, so I would say that if Anna's listed height is correct, then I would say probably not.

On the other hand, we've seen some recent ID's on persons whose listed heights were well off from the measured height of the UID (and these weren't even skeletal).

If the height is the only thing off, then I'd still go with it if there is a good solid point of comparison (in this case, the bracelet). I don't see any indication that Anna has DNA available, so it doesn't look like a CODIS rule-out.

The height estimate is already pretty wide (5'4" to 5'8"), so it looks like they already added the margin. Anna's listed height (5'1") is three inches outside of that range, so I would say that if Anna's listed height is correct, then I would say probably not.

On the other hand, we've seen some recent ID's on persons whose listed heights were well off from the measured height of the UID (and these weren't even skeletal).

If the height is the only thing off, then I'd still go with it if there is a good solid point of comparison (in this case, the bracelet). I don't see any indication that Anna has DNA available, so it doesn't look like a CODIS rule-out.

At least they both have dentals available... I believe I've read that Anna still has family alive, so maybe they could submit DNA for matching?

Even if the hospital could provide a description of what clothes Anna was wearing at the time of her discharge would help, since the victim found has a pretty thorough indication of her outfit, or what patients traditionally wore while in care... Size 8 panties would be about what size Anna would be wearing, going by her physical attributes.

Just some thoughts...

The article linked below has the date the victim was found listed as 08/17/2002 -- but the Doe Network and TXDPS list 08/07/2002 (just a FYI note about the discrepancy I found just now).

Please call either the HCME ID Unit or HCME Investigators office with any information or inquiries at the following numbers:
ID UNIT: (713) 796-6774
Investigations: (713) 796-9292
http://www.hctx.net/CmpDocuments/21/Unidentified Decedent Fliers/2002-08-17.pdf

Again, thanks so much for your feedback on this matter. I appreciate your help.

Hi,

I was just wondering if any moderator had called in this possible match, and if so, what was the outcome?

The only thing about the bracelet is this: Wichita State Hospital is a state-run psychiatric facility. Up until the early/mid 1990s patients with chronic illness would stay for extended periods (later they changed the whole admission process and people were admitted for short stays). I really don't think, esp in the early 80s, that patients at this facility would have worn a "hospital bracelet" at all.

But that's just my .02 - could be totally off base. I wish they would show a photo of the bracelet, that way we could see if it was a newer plastic type or if was one of the rubbery types that the staff slid the paper into. Would probably make it easier to look at 1980s vs 1990s missing (write-on vs. computer printout).

3 missing person exclusions
--
MP25303
Anastasia Dimmitt
05/11/1984
Tarrant TX
MP9059
Gwendolyn Suchy
01/11/1999
Wilson TX
MP7733
James Mayberry Jr
04/02/1999
Karnes TX

Here's her current Doe Network link
1342UFTX

It looks like the shirt she was wearing was a sports-type (tennis) popular in the late 80s-early 90s. I remember that the main road that she was found near was not as built up in the late 90s-early 200o's as it is now. I wish there was something on the hospital bracelet, as she was located relatively close to the Texas Medical Center.

When I read the description of the bracelet, it seemed to me like the ones people are given at concerts, clubs, etc. to show they either paid admission or are legal drinking age. Something like this:

keith-vinyl-translucent-translucent-clear-500-3-4-vinyl-wristbands-translucent-colors-500-pack-14277682102308_600x.png

Maybe she had recently been to an event in the area like a show or carnival?

Late to the party, but, the clothing description has me confused. Due to the oddities in sizing of women's clothing, a size 8 shirt indicates a different size woman than size 8 panties.

The ruled-out missing person, Anna Dimmitt, might have found the size 8 shirt too big, at 5'1" and 125 pounds.

5'1" and 125 pounds, size 8 panties might not even stay up!

JMHO YMMV LRR

Late to the party, but, the clothing description has me confused. Due to the oddities in sizing of women's clothing, a size 8 shirt indicates a different size woman than size 8 panties.

The ruled-out missing person, Anna Dimmitt, might have found the size 8 shirt too big, at 5'1" and 125 pounds.

5'1" and 125 pounds, size 8 panties might not even stay up!

JMHO YMMV LRR
As someone about that size, a size 8 shirt is like a nightgown on me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back