Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is not the best interview...and also the media can sway things by how they present things...camera angles, what they edit or don't edit etc. I have seen that countless times when a story is about something that I know more about or the people involved.

Aside from this we shouldn't forget that there could have been other factors at play like lack of sleep, effects of possible medications post car crash or for anxiety/ depression in relation to the events that could have effected his responses and body language etc. It wasn't a formal press release. He obviously wasn't that keen to speak either. I am sure that we all have days when we are more communicative and presentable than other days. Stress can have a big effect of people....and yes he could be stressed because he had done the deed......or he could just be stressed because Allison was missing, he'd crashed his car, compounded by all of his financial/ business/ relational issues regardless of whether he committed the crime or not. We can't label someone as a sociopath or whatever other disorder based on one brief interview.

I respect your opinion but to me regardless of the circumstances or influences, a normal relative of a missing person would still ask for help finding them, plead for their return or at least asked them to come home, call and say they're ok something. We got none of that which is a huge red flag for me...The only reason I can thing of for him not doing this is that he knows she ain't coming back! Geese I lost my son at the shop the other day and I was asking everyone around the shop if they had seen him telling them what he was wearing, what he looks like, how tall etc...or maybe I'm the one with the strange behaviour :what:

I agree it is not the best interview...and also the media can sway things by how they present things...camera angles, what they edit or don't edit etc. I have seen that countless times when a story is about something that I know more about or the people involved.

Aside from this we shouldn't forget that there could have been other factors at play like lack of sleep, effects of possible medications post car crash or for anxiety/ depression in relation to the events that could have effected his responses and body language etc. It wasn't a formal press release. He obviously wasn't that keen to speak either. I am sure that we all have days when we are more communicative and presentable than other days. Stress can have a big effect of people....and yes he could be stressed because he had done the deed......or he could just be stressed because Allison was missing, he'd crashed his car, compounded by all of his financial/ business/ relational issues regardless of whether he committed the crime or not. We can't label someone as a sociopath or whatever other disorder based on one brief interview.

Thanks for your response, Seeking.

Personally, I have acknowledged the multitude of reasons why GBC may have presented in the manner he did, during that brief interview. As you mentioned, it wasn't a "formal press release". So, placed on the spot, and obviously under a great deal of pressure, GBC wouldn't have had much time to think about his responses; there was nothing "scripted" in his responses. MOO.

And that is where one of my issues with his presentation lies; that is, placed on the spot, GBC did not respond in a manner that many people would expect someone to respond, if they were worried about their loved one's whereabouts. In particular, I cannot get past his deflection, when asked about ABC's wellbeing ("Was Allison upset...?"). The reporter asked GBC about ABC's emotional state, not about his interactions with the police. So, when GBC provided a very brief, "No", in response to the reporter, and then immediately spoke about his interactions with the police, I think that moment in his interview spoke louder about what was going on in his mind, than anything else he said.

MOO.

how about we stop talking about sleepovers until we hear whether or not there was one and what it has to do with anything at all? I just don't see the point of this constant round and round on it. I mentioned this point this morning that we do not know where the children were whilst their mother was being murdered, we should just leave it be for now maybe.
the only reason it keeps being brought up is because early on a local said that the cops were suspicious when they arrived at GBC's because one of the children disagreed with something GBC said. ITs all hearsay in my opinion

sorry to be so snappy, I just think we should talk less about the girls and what they may or may not know, I think whatever happened to Allison happened away from their presence, so I don't think its so important, that's all

Parents and Best Friend are good enough for me?

You don't need to SHHH (lol).....Everyone is entitled to opinion....My rant was more the fact that I get frustrated by the constant request for links by newcomers that have been done a million times over....i just want the newbies to read from Thread 1 all the way to Thread 11 for the benefit of everyones sanity.......I am delighted for fresh comments and theories but only after they have caught up on what has already been linked and discussed. This would save everyone time.

Parents and best friend would definitely be good enough for me too.... But I find the friends quote ambiguous. I'm gonna file it in the I'm-not-sure part of my mind :)

Parents and Best Friend are good enough for me?

You don't need to SHHH (lol).....Everyone is entitled to opinion....My rant was more the fact that I get frustrated by the constant request for links by newcomers that have been done a million times over....i just want the newbies to read from Thread 1 all the way to Thread 11 for the benefit of everyones sanity.......I am delighted for fresh comments and theories but only after they have caught up on what has already been linked and discussed. This would save everyone time.

Newbies can ask questions if they want. There isn't any rule about asking questions that have already been answered.

If someone asks a question and you don't have the time to answer it, please roll on by and don't worry about it.

Cheers!

If the girls were at a sleepover, then I wonder about a few more things. Someone may have mentioned these thoughts already and if they did, please ignore me. :angel:

The girls being at a sleepover could mean premeditation. The killer could have used that time to get Allison alone and fulfill his/her plan. :(

I'd love to know who initiated the idea of the girls going to a sleepover. Do we know?

I respect your opinion but to me regardless of the circumstances or influences, a normal relative of a missing person would still ask for help finding them, plead for their return or at least asked them to come home, call and say they're ok something. We got none of that which is a huge red flag for me...The only reason I can thing of for him not doing this is that he knows she ain't coming back! Geese I lost my son at the shop the other day and I was asking everyone around the shop if they had seen him telling them what he was wearing, what he looks like, how tall etc...or maybe I'm the one with the strange behaviour :what:

BTW I did set up my own command post at Woolies that day lol had every employee I could get my hands on to search for him...turned out he had gone out of the shop looking for ME. And if I ran into a wall, it would've never occured to me to say "I'm a little bit hurt but i'm ok" ;)

how about we stop talking about sleepovers until we hear whether or not there was one and what it has to do with anything at all? I just don't see the point of this constant round and round on it. I mentioned this point this morning that we do not know where the children were whilst their mother was being murdered, we should just leave it be for now maybe.
the only reason it keeps being brought up is because early on a local said that the cops were suspicious when they arrived at GBC's because one of the children disagreed with something GBC said. ITs all hearsay in my opinion

I can understand what you are saying - but there are others who may wish to discuss it - it is an open forum - I suggest to those who no longer wish to contribute info on it - then don't - I don't mind reading what they all have to say although I rarely comment on the 'sleepovers' myself because it does not seem clear that anyone seems to know when and if it did happen at all. Then again a lot on here is just heresay and chinese whispers so one has to sift the wheat from the char and get practically nothing new at all.

If the girls were at a sleepover, then I wonder about a few more things. Someone may have mentioned these thoughts already and if they did, please ignore me. :angel:

The girls being at a sleepover could mean premeditation. The killer could have used that time to get Allison alone and fulfill his/her plan. :(

I'd love to know who initiated the idea of the girls going to a sleepover. Do we know?

I think we can safely say GBC has never been reported as mentioning where they were. Its also safe to say that the hairdressers believe Allison mentioned they were having a sleepover, but not safe to say which night she was referring to. I think you can definately say that Allison's best friend believed that the girls were "going" to have a sleepover on either Thursday or Friday night. I don't know of anyone else who has been reported as claiming to know about the sleepovers
(and here I am talking about them again, one thing is for sure, you can't trust me as far as you can throw me!!)

That would be interesting. If it was all planned, then they would have to have a likely 'reason' for the sleepover.. like Allison had a busy day etc... then people wouldn't look at it as though it was premeditated. {Hope that makes sense, in 'real life' I tend to talk round in circles...ha}

I can understand what you are saying - but there are others who may wish to discuss it - it is an open forum - I suggest to those who no longer wish to contribute info on it - then don't - I don't mind reading what they all have to say although I rarely comment on the 'sleepovers' myself because it does not seem clear that anyone seems to know when and if it did happen at all. Then again a lot on here is just heresay and chinese whispers so one has to sift the wheat from the char and get practically nothing new at all.

you are right coffee chick, if its annoying me I should skip right on by it. sorry to all, I wish we knew for sure were they were too, then we could narrow down our speculations....feeling frustrated a bit today :banghead:

Yes Kimster...I noted the same:
The continued speculation regarding motive for sleepover is unnecessary considering it has been outlined as per above many times over the last couple of weeks.

Bolded by me - I'm not sure that this speculation is unnecessary. For me, there may be quite a big difference between "sleep over at friends" and "sleep over with GBC's parents". The latter may well have been "arranged" (if indeed any of the actions were premeditated). And if they were staying with their grandparents, perhaps that is why the kids were at the house the next morning.

As far as we know...Allison's friend Kerry-Anne mentioned the girls were at a sleepover. The last report I read was her stating the sleepover was Thursday night. Presumably so Allison could get an early start to the conference she was attending Friday morning.

So I'd think it would have been Allison who initiated the idea.

What spoke volumes to me was the fact that he never attended the Command Point nor did any of his family (Probably because the Dickies knew he had cheated on their daughter - But No excuse!) and also that he was at work of all places when he was notified of Allison's body being discovered....he has spent alot of time WITHOUT his children in all sorts of places and yet NO time was spent looking for his wife and the Mother of his children - The very same children that he professed to be Taking care of during all of this????? THIS IS WHY I AM DOUBTFUL OF HIS INNOCENCE!

His lawyer may have advised him to stay away, especially as the lawyer would have known that he would be considered the prime suspect. He may also have not wanted all of the attention of people at the Command Point even if he is innocent. Believe it or not some people prefer to be alone when they are under stress or in grief.

In regards to going back to work in the middle of the crisis: if he wasn't allowed to help at the search because he could have interfered with it as a potential suspect, he may have felt that he couldn't do much at the command post and been frustrated by the sitting around waiting. Some people cope with stress by keeping busy doing things that take their mind off what they find painful. The Dickies, I believe are retired and probably have more time on their hands too. (I know that retired people can be very busy but they may have had more flexibility with their time than someone who had three girls to look after, a struggling business, financial problems, staff and clients to deal with.) I asked my husband what he would do if it was me missing and he said that he would be keen to help with the search, but if he wasn't allowed to he would be frustrated sitting around the Command Post. He has a business and we have 4 children and the demands of these things would keep pressing on him in the midst of the crisis and he would, if he couldn't be actively part of the search keep in touch with the Command Post but not sit their all day. He would do what he could to deal with things to do with the children (keep them with their usual activities to minimize their anxiety) and deal with business issues as needed. When you have a business and you are the boss... it doesn't go away...even in times of crisis. Whilst you can delegate and postpone things there are some things that you still do need to attend to especially when a crisis is going on for more than a week.
In our family, I could see our parents helping and perhaps saying we'll sit at the Command Post you go and deal with those urgent things. Having said this, my husband indicated that he would find it hard to concentrate at work in the circumstances and he would definitely be on survival mode....urgent tasks and delegating to others, trouble shooting rather than focused project work. He would probably exhaust himself trying to juggle things knowing my husband and our experiences as a family like having a child in hospital etc. Just for the record....my hubby is definitely NOT a sociopath or a narcissist!

Of course GBC's sister was nervous and uncertain. I would certainly be in the circumstances....massive media attention outside your home, shock/ grief at missing relative/ confusion about how/ why/ where/ who? Dealing with media is not something everyone is skilled with at the best of times.......but to try and do it in the midst of a serious family crisis......challenging to say the least. The other thing is that GBC's sister may have strongly encouraged GBC to front the media barrage outside their parent's home and so she may have been nervous because of his reluctance and the fact that she had made him do something he didn't want to do. This is all regardless of any guilt/ innocence of people.

funny from my perspective GBC's sister didn't really look nervous...she looked normal...delightful....although I believe she suffered from depression....

Regarding the sleep over, who lets their three kids all have sleep overs on a school night?
I know I wasn't allowed on school nights.

As far as we know...Allison's friend Kerry-Anne mentioned the girls were at a sleepover. The last report I read was her stating the sleepover was Thursday night. Presumably so Allison could get an early start to the conference she was attending Friday morning.

So I'd think it would have been Allison who initiated the idea.

Ah...yes, that is a logical conclusion.

Regarding the sleep over, who lets their three kids all have sleep overs on a school night?
I know I wasn't allowed on school nights.

Me either. But if it was because Allison had to prepare for an event the next morning, it may have been more of a babysitting issue than a sleep over.

funny from my perspective GBC's sister didn't really look nervous...she looked normal...delightful....although I believe she suffered from depression....

hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member