Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree wholeheartedly. The latest activity in Madeline's case has me hopeful for justice.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Madeleine and Jonbenet's cases both, I hope.

To me, they are the same. Almost identical crimes perpetrated by people who took advantage of their station in life to hoodwink and lie to everybody.

It's time for both fairytales to end.

These are horrific, nasty crimes perpetrated by those in plain sight and it's time the various LE man up and investigate PROPERLY instead of whitewashing.

My fear and sincere feeling is justice will be served in neither.

The manufactured reasonable doubt has done irreparable harm in both cases. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linda, I have to disagree.

Time has a way of judging.

So do improved forensics, which only time can provide.

In both cases, the long term furore has been because the public smells a rat.

In both cases, the parents have never been exonerated (despite what various politicians have declared) and that is why we are still here, still sleuthing, still hanging on to the belief that ONE DAY, the truth will out.

As it has a habit of doing...eventually, despite deep pockets, fancy lawyers, PR gurus and the like.

We've been patient for these little girls all this time, a bit more patience will see justice.

I'm sure of it. I have to be otherwise what's the point of even HAVING courts and the law, if the wealthy can give it the bird and get away with murder?

I didn't see this posted.

Madeleine McCann News: Convicted Child Rapist Anthony Woodhouse Questioned In Prison

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann reportedly spent two hours quizzing a convicted child rapist in his prison cell.

Anthony Woodhouse is being held at Channings Wood jail in Devon, where he is serving a 17-and-a-half year jail term.

The 68-year-old spent more than ten years in hiding in Portugal after raping and impregnating 14-year-old girl in Herefordshire, The Sun reports.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ny-woodhouse-questioned-prison_n_5307999.html

Linda, I have to disagree.

Time has a way of judging.

So do improved forensics, which only time can provide.

In both cases, the long term furore has been because the public smells a rat.

In both cases, the parents have never been exonerated (despite what various politicians have declared) and that is why we are still here, still sleuthing, still hanging on to the belief that ONE DAY, the truth will out.

As it has a habit of doing...eventually, despite deep pockets, fancy lawyers, PR gurus and the like.

We've been patient for these little girls all this time, a bit more patience will see justice.

I'm sure of it. I have to be otherwise what's the point of even HAVING courts and the law, if the wealthy can give it the bird and get away with murder?

I hope you're right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:silenced:

Cadaver dogs are going to search for Maddie's body

"The English promised to use special equipment such as probes to help find cadavers and dogs that detect the trail of death."

(* Correio da Manhã, May 6, 2014 )

Kate McCann:

"Did they really believe that a dog could smell the 'odour of death' three months later from a body"

Madeleine: Our Daughter's Disappearance and the Continuing Search for Her.
- Page 219

* http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/caes-vao-procurar-corpo-de-maddie

:silenced:

Cadaver dogs are going to search for Maddie's body

"The English promised to use special equipment such as probes to help find cadavers and dogs that detect the trail of death."

(* Correio da Manhã, May 6, 2014 )

Kate McCann:

"Did they really believe that a dog could smell the 'odour of death' three months later from a body"

Madeleine: Our Daughter's Disappearance and the Continuing Search for Her.
- Page 219

* http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/caes-vao-procurar-corpo-de-maddie

Ah Kate.

Yes they can Kate.

Look at the LISK case where a cadaver dog discovered the burial grounds in his tea break.

Ah Kate.

Yes they can Kate.

Look at the LISK case where a cadaver dog discovered the burial grounds in his tea break.

Dogs can also be trained to discover 100 year old remains.
http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20090712/news/307129989

"Historical human remains detection dogs" are specially trained to detect buried remains more than 100 years old, said Adela Morris, founder and president of the Institute for Canine Forensics, a Woodside, Calif.-based nonprofit organization founded in 1989.

The full quote is:

"Supposing she had been killed- and we think this extremely unlikely- she must have been taken out of the apartment within minutes. Did they really believe that a dog could smell the 'odour of death' three months later from a body that had been removed so swiftly?"

The full quote is:

"Supposing she had been killed- and we think this extremely unlikely- she must have been taken out of the apartment within minutes. Did they really believe that a dog could smell the 'odour of death' three months later from a body that had been removed so swiftly?"

Thanks for the full quote. When it's been snipped it's misleading.

A dead body that has been moved shortly after death and HRD dogs being used is not the same scenario as HRD dogs being deployed to search for long buried remains. The quote doesn't pertain to the recent news IMO.

Mr Rowley did not give details about what the next phase would involve, but said officers were working through every credible line of inquiry as part of the "slog of a major investigation".

He said: "It's something that you would expect in any major inquiry.

"A thorough serious crime investigation works systematically through all the credible possibilities, and often in an investigation you will have more than one credible possibility.

"Therefore just because we're doing a substantial phase of work in the forthcoming weeks doesn't mean that it's going to immediately lead to answers that will explain everything."

No mention of digging.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27514800

From the Times, usually thought to be reputable - this article is written by the Times Crime Editor who one presumes is one of the "media scrum" being asked not to leak details.

BUT -

I simply cannot believe that this is a slip of the tongue -

Cost of investigating the past

North Wales care homes The investigation into alleged child abuse between 1953 and 1995 has 26 officers and staff and cost £1.3 million in its first year

Madeleine McCann The Met has 37 officers and staff investigating her murder in Portugal in 2007. The Home Office has met costs to date of £5.35 million

Yewtree The investigation into past sex crimes, which developed from the Jimmy Savile scandal, has 30 officers and cost £2.7 million to date

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

From the Times, usually thought to be reputable - this article is written by the Times Crime Editor who one presumes is one of the "media scrum" being asked not to leak details.

BUT -

I simply cannot believe that this is a slip of the tongue -

Cost of investigating the past

North Wales care homes The investigation into alleged child abuse between 1953 and 1995 has 26 officers and staff and cost £1.3 million in its first year

Madeleine McCann The Met has 37 officers and staff investigating her murder in Portugal in 2007. The Home Office has met costs to date of £5.35 million

Yewtree The investigation into past sex crimes, which developed from the Jimmy Savile scandal, has 30 officers and cost £2.7 million to date

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Do you have a link to this Times article? I would like to read the whole story.

Do you have a link to this Times article? I would like to read the whole story.

Sir Hugh Orde said an historical inquiry squad should be set up to ease the pressure on other units

Sean O’Neill Crime Editor
Published May 19 2014

The growing number of historical cases that the police are investigating is taking hundreds of officers away from present-day threats, one of the country’s top police officers has said.

(snip)

Madeleine McCann The Met has 37 officers and staff investigating HER MURDER in Portugal in 2007. The Home Office has met costs to date of £5.35 million

Yewtree The investigation into past sex crimes, which developed from the Jimmy Savile scandal,...........

Original Link

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4093651.ece

(subscription required)

Sir Hugh Orde said an historical inquiry squad should be set up to ease the pressure on other units

Sean O’Neill Crime Editor
Published May 19 2014

The growing number of historical cases that the police are investigating is taking hundreds of officers away from present-day threats, one of the country’s top police officers has said.

(snip)

Madeleine McCann The Met has 37 officers and staff investigating HER MURDER in Portugal in 2007. The Home Office has met costs to date of £5.35 million

Yewtree The investigation into past sex crimes, which developed from the Jimmy Savile scandal,...........

Original Link

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4093651.ece

(subscription required)

I'm not interested in subscribing to "The Times" so I'll pass on reading the whole article. Thanks for the link.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of it being a slip.

I learnt something from the ongoing trial arising out of phone hacking by tabloid newspapers. One of the most shocking allegations of hacking involved the phone of a then missing teenager, Amanda "Milly" Dowler. Her voicemail was hacked and as a result one of the tabloids investigated a story about her potentially working in a factory in Telford, as a woman from an employment agency had left a message on her phone offering her this position. It was a wrong number and the intended recipient had a very similar name.

The former editors on trial revealed on the stand that they didn't rate this "lead" at the time because they had been briefed off record by the police that the working theory was that she had been murdered (this ultimately turned out to be correct) and that the prime suspect was her father (it would later turn out that the culprit was serial killer, Levi Bellfield, who was living very close to where she went missing). None of this appeared in any of the press coverage at the time and the official line was that it was then a missing persons inquiry, and not specifically a murder inquiry, although I suspect that most observers could read between the lines that it wasn't looking good, and there were joint police press conferences with the parents appealing for her to get in touch.

All of this goes to show that what the police and press say publicly may not reflect what they're really saying behind the scenes (and also that they can ultimately be wrong)

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of it being a slip.

I learnt something from the ongoing trial arising out of phone hacking by tabloid newspapers. One of the most shocking allegations of hacking involved the phone of a then missing teenager, Amanda "Milly" Dowler. Her voicemail was hacked and as a result one of the tabloids investigated a story about her potentially working in a factory in Telford, as a woman from an employment agency had left a message on her phone offering her this position. It was a wrong number and the intended recipient had a very similar name.

The former editors on trial revealed on the stand that they didn't rate this "lead" at the time because they had been briefed off record by the police that the working theory was that she had been murdered (this ultimately turned out to be correct) and that the prime suspect was her father (it would later turn out that the culprit was serial killer, Levi Bellfield, who was living very close to where she went missing). None of this appeared in any of the press coverage at the time and the official line was that it was then a missing persons inquiry, and not specifically a murder inquiry, although I suspect that most observers could read between the lines that it wasn't looking good, and there were joint police press conferences with the parents appealing for her to get in touch.

All of this goes to show that what the police and press say publicly may not reflect what they're really saying behind the scenes (and also that they can ultimately be wrong)

The Crime Editor of the Times (one of the last reputable UK news sources) did NOT make a "slip of the tongue". He is a top level journalist, his entire livlihood depends on how he uses words.

We KNOW that the British press have been told of certain developments but have also been asked NOT to publish them.

If the Crime Editor of the Times refers to Madeleine's "murder", and apparently the dig is for her dead body, then I believe that SY are working on the theory that she was MURDERED in 5a.

Sir BHH said something similiar IIRC.

I pointed it out on this forum and got "it was a slip of the tongue".

IF someone says "murder" accidentally, oops, it still reveals that MURDER is on the person's mind.

So. Why would the Crime Editor of the Times UK speak of Madeleine's MURDER?

Only one reason that I can see....

Folks have to remember that the police know one heck of a lot more about that night than we do.

Also - the British media are completely ignoring the digs.

Check out the Daily Mail - usually screeching about some injustice to the Poor McCanns - not one word.

The cynical amongst us (me) believe that this is because there is about to be arrests and any mention of this case may interfere with that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong