Finding Jacob Wetterling - The 27-Year Investigation From Kidnapping to Conclusion

Jacob's life and the life of his family could be a movie. The unbearable tragedy and how they faced it with the love and grace. How they helped untold amounts of people even though they were filled with pain.

How they looked at injustice. They addressed and worked on the issue that white,middle class families got more coverage than poor and minorities in missing children cases.

Strong caring family . Unbelieveable.

And reading the victim impact statement. Jerry talking about how he was suspected by people. I am sure when the tips come out, people will have said all kinds of things about them. I heard several things that were untrue. Think of living with that with your child being missing!

Jacob's life and the life of his family could be a movie. The unbearable tragedy and how they faced it with the love and grace. How they helped untold amounts of people even though they were filled with pain.

How they looked at injustice. They addressed and worked on the issue that white,middle class families got more coverage than poor and minorities in missing children cases.

Strong caring family . Unbelieveable.

In most cases, family, relationship partners and friends are the first to come under suspicion by LE and the community. Even when cleared by LE, in many cases they are still the subject of gossip, more so if they have one or more non-mainstream lifestyle choices like religion, clothing, body art, etc...

And reading the victim impact statement. Jerry talking about how he was suspected by people. I am sure when the tips come out, people will have said all kinds of things about them. I heard several things that were untrue. Think of living with that with your child being missing!

Agreed. During my research it was remarkable to me how many people felt that Jerry was involved. I attribute much of that to people not wanting to believe there are "bad" people walking around freely - one of the meanings behind the title "It Can't Happen Here"

Agreed. During my research it was remarkable to me how many people felt that Jerry was involved. I attribute much of that to people not wanting to believe there are "bad" people walking around freely - one of the meanings behind the title "It Can't Happen Here"

I think his demeanor and because he is different. Head of the NAACP, for instance

I think his demeanor and because he is different. Head of the NAACP, for instance
I never once suspected him of having any direct involvement or there even being a tertiary connection, but his demeanour has always been rather detached, certainly in contrast to Patty. But everyone deals with such a situation differently. Some, like Patty, become very active, vociferous, and media-savvy, while others, like Jerry, withdraw somewhat into the background because that is their way of retaining a semblance of normalcy, I guess.

I wonder how all of these tips being printed will help anything. I have no doubt that there will be horrible things said about DR as well as the Wetterlings. I am sure other people will have tips about them as well. Some have probably moved away or are dead, but for those who are not, this may be very sad

Here are a few of the items I'm most looking forward to learning more about when all the investigative files are released, in no particular order:

1. Will tips to the FBI be included in the release, or just those made to Stearns County?

2. What prompted investigators to locate Danny Heinrich's gun in Morrison County?

3. Who is the FBI agent (from Oklahoma, I'm hearing) that came forward in fall 2014 and helped refocus the investigation back onto Danny Heinrich, just as the FBI was taking the cases over from SCSO? Did he/she work the case back in 1989/1990?

4. Did Stearns County truly forget about Danny Heinrich, or simply did they believe that he did not commit the crimes against Jared and Jacob?

5. What led Sheriff Sanner to break the link between Jared's and Jacob's cases in 2004? (And I don't mean Kevin, because that story about his coming forward and changing the direction of the investigation is mighty thin).

6. Did the FBI know about the Paynesville cases back in 1989? I'm on the opinion that they did, but I know that DR's lawyer contends they did not.

7. When Patty spoke at the Paynesville area schools, I believe it was twice, within a few months of the abduction - was the FBI or Stearns monitoring those speaking events? It would be classic FBI tactic to do so.

8. Do investigators believe that Heinrich was the man involved in the attempted abduction of Andrew Newton in July 1989, in St. Joseph Township?

9. Did investigators question Heinrich after Jared's abduction and assault, and before Jacob's?

10. Did SCSO and BCA really think that Duane Hart was a prime suspect in 2013/2014?

11. When and how did Heinrich come onto investigators' radar after Jacob was abducted?

I know there are more, but these are the ones topping my mind today.

If I knew about the Paynesville abductions after they were printed in the newspapers, and people were asked to call in tips, I would be surprised if LE did not know.

I am also surprised people in Paynesville knew nothing of DH as people in small towns know all.

I am white non speaker of the language where I live in a foreign country of a couple thousand people and I know lots of what is going on here.

Here are a few of the items I'm most looking forward to learning more about when all the investigative files are released, in no particular order:

1. Will tips to the FBI be included in the release, or just those made to Stearns County?

2. What prompted investigators to locate Danny Heinrich's gun in Morrison County?

3. Who is the FBI agent (from Oklahoma, I'm hearing) that came forward in fall 2014 and helped refocus the investigation back onto Danny Heinrich, just as the FBI was taking the cases over from SCSO? Did he/she work the case back in 1989/1990?

4. Did Stearns County truly forget about Danny Heinrich, or simply did they believe that he did not commit the crimes against Jared and Jacob?

5. What led Sheriff Sanner to break the link between Jared's and Jacob's cases in 2004? (And I don't mean Kevin, because that story about his coming forward and changing the direction of the investigation is mighty thin).

6. Did the FBI know about the Paynesville cases back in 1989? I'm on the opinion that they did, but I know that DR's lawyer contends they did not.

7. When Patty spoke at the Paynesville area schools, I believe it was twice, within a few months of the abduction - was the FBI or Stearns monitoring those speaking events? It would be classic FBI tactic to do so.

8. Do investigators believe that Heinrich was the man involved in the attempted abduction of Andrew Newton in July 1989, in St. Joseph Township?

9. Did investigators question Heinrich after Jared's abduction and assault, and before Jacob's?

10. Did SCSO and BCA really think that Duane Hart was a prime suspect in 2013/2014?

11. When and how did Heinrich come onto investigators' radar after Jacob was abducted?

Number 11 is easy, DAH ratted him out.

12. Was Ken McDonald truthful when he said he listened to a phone callback in which Hart asked to have his belongings moved?

I don't think so. Hart was arrested same day that a warrant was served on Heinrich. Hart didn't sill in Heinrich until after that. LE was speaking to Heinrich in December 1989.

Dah ratted out Heinrich for Jared well before December 1989. That is why he was in a lineup for Jared.

4. Did LE forget Heinrich?

No they never forgot Heinrich. If he changed employment they noted it, if he moved they noted it. He was always on their list of suspects, unless you got a confession you would never find anything of value.

2. I"d want the gun. It could be tied to other crimes and also out of his hands for good.

5. Kevin was a big impact on this and just a growing suspicion over DR and his circumstances over the years. He was alone, He's single, Living with his parents still. And if you remember we had 3 media interviews of DR that didn't exactly impress anyone. People had said time and time again that they probably didn't think he did it, but that even if he didn't he is one cold turkey.

Dah ratted out Heinrich for Jared well before December 1989. That is why he was in a lineup for Jared.

It was The Paynesville police that pointed rob heinrich for Jared's case.

2. I"d want the gun. It could be tied to other crimes and also out of his hands for good.

Of course, but what I'm curious about is who was it that had the gun, and did they know anything else?

Of course, but what I'm curious about is who was it that had the gun, and did they know anything else?

I'm sure the person wishes to remain to anonymous or holds little importance. This is a question for the investigators.

It was The Paynesville police that pointed rob heinrich for Jared's case.

I might challenge the credibility of that. It was probably Hart who helped the Paynesville police with a name to pursue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back