Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #21

Reward Renewed for Information in Weleetka Murders
[SIZE=-1]KSBI 52 - Oklahoma City,OK,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... has just announced the substantial reward announced in July of $160000 in the murders of Taylor Placker and Skyla Whitaker in Weleetka has been renewed.[/SIZE]

The reward will be renewed for 90 days beginning Wednesday, October 28.

DD got picked up. YAY!! Maybe some justice will come out of this. It's about time.

Thanks for keeping us posted on this info RPS RUF and GETSMART and whoever else is on top of this.

His Revocation Hearing is scheduled for Nov 4. I assume this is when they will determine whether he will need to serve his full sentence or not.

Ruflossn, Correct me if I'm wrong about the following.
I remember reading months ago, that DD was at the P.'s that Saturday and possibly that Sunday.

IF, I say if, he was at the P.'s that Sunday, maybe he is 'only' a witness too scared to talk and collect the reward.

Remember the blonde girl and dark haired guy they brought in in handcuffs?
These 2 people were un-willing witnesses also.
IF they were not visiting the P.'s that Sunday how were they witnesses?

Hi Mystery Lover,
I wish I knew whether DD was at the Plackers house on the Sunday the girls were killed. The timeline and the people at the Plackers have always been a point of contention w/ myself and so many others that are interested in this crime. There does not seem to be any clear cut answers to either question. UGH.......... Personally, I do believe DD has knowledge of the perp. that killed the girls. He may not have been the one to 'pull the trigger(s)" but, he does have some knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the murders. Again, this all my opinion only.

I do remember the man and woman that were unwilling witnesses to the Grand Jury. (Wendy was the female and I can not remember the male's name). IIRC, they had made comments that alluded to the fact they had knowledge of the crime and possibly those involved. They MAY have been related to DD? I do not have my notes w/ me so this is from memory only. Also, they allegedly, were harrassing a member of the Placker family. Again, this all from memory and mostly my opinion.

Hope this helps. Sorry, I could not be more helpful..........
RuFlossn

I have never read at that website before.. all I can say is WOW... it sure does bring an interesting way to look at things, and I I really don't think its that far off target. sure opens up my minds window to think about certain things. :waitasec: Thanks Suthrnqt

Another find that I thought worthwhile to put out there for thought. Remember when we discussed Gangs ect.. well DD has photo albums dedicated to "CRIP 4 LIFE" and more

Attachments

• dd crip power.JPG
    dd crip power.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 27
http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2008/06/taylor-dawn-paschal-skyla-jade-whitaker.html

Hope I am allowed to post this here. Thought you might find it interesting. According to the charts, 3 people were involved and they were looking for a "thrill kill". Sounds sick, I know. Maybe it will help move the investigation in the right direction.

Our very own F.R.O.G. posted this link back when. Very interesting idea but hard for me to believe that if what happened was remotely close to this scenario that no one has talked yet or turned on each other for the $$$. One hundred sixty thousand dollars is enough to live on for years in that town. Or get the hell outta dodge and start fresh.

Nope, I think it's people that are connected. And I still believe that P's know who and why. But we'll never know because they won't talk. LKP told me in an email in August "its up to OSBI to solve it".
Sounded more like a challenge than a wish.

I don't know how to post a link to CNN.Com, but there is a story from the cold case files about the girls. There is really nothing new, just a review and plea for information. It is dated 10/27/09. It also has a great picture of Skyla and Taylor. On the webiste, click on Justice across the top bar and scroll down to Cold Cases.
Praying for Justice for Skyla & Taylor

I don't know how to post a link to CNN.Com, but there is a story from the cold case files about the girls. There is really nothing new, just a review and plea for information. It is dated 10/27/09. It also has a great picture of Skyla and Taylor. On the webiste, click on Justice across the top bar and scroll down to Cold Cases.
Praying for Justice for Skyla & Taylor

Houndacres, credit for that photo belongs to one of our very own WS'ers, GetSmart. Early on, she cropped a group cheerleading photo and combined Taylor and Skyla into the single photo. The Whitakers have used it on a large cross they put at the Memorial. Mr. Whitaker has indicated it's their favorite and he supplies it to the media when asked for pictures. Kudos to GetSmart!!

It would be nice to have the picture posted here. ;)

Here's the CNN link: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/24/justice.grace.coldcase.oklahoma/index.html

Here is the pic boots was talking about.. Thank you for the kind words. I have a nice one of the cross somewhere I will have to look on my flash drive..

Attachments

• art_ok_poster_cnn.jpg
    art_ok_poster_cnn.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 46
Bumping this one because it should never be forgotten.

(Also, sweetheart29 has graced WS with a new link ["What is going on in southeastern Oklahoma"] which includes a variety of unsolved cases, including Weleetka [and others in SE OK and across the state]. The number of fairly recent, unsolved cases here is mind-boggling: this one, the Denney and Huls double homicides, Joe Neff and Jody Rilee-Wilson, the missing Jamison family, et al.)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91813"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Okay, I get nervous when a few weeks pass and no comments appear for Taylor and Skyla. So....BUMP! This case can be solved. LE needs to solve it.

(Also, sweetheart29 has graced WS with a new link ["What is going on in southeastern Oklahoma"] which includes a variety of unsolved cases, including Weleetka [and others in SE OK and across the state]. The number of fairly recent, unsolved cases here is mind-boggling: this one, the Denney and Huls double homicides, Joe Neff and Jody Rilee-Wilson, the missing Jamison family, et al.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Okay, I get nervous when a few weeks pass and no comments appear for Taylor and Skyla. So....BUMP! This case can be solved. LE needs to solve it.

Let's not forget the bizarre murder of Carol Daniels. The 61 yo pastor that was murdered in her church on a Sunday morning. She lived in Oklahoma City and drove every weekend to Anadarko, OK. I can not believe that crime remains unsolved. :banghead:

http://newsok.com/anadarkochurchkilling

The Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, was found dead in an Anadarko church, Sunday, Aug. 23. Daniels, a pastor from Oklahoma City, traveled to Anadarko every other Sunday to preach. The district attorney involved in the case called it "horrific."

Let's not forget the bizarre murder of Carol Daniels. The 61 yo pastor that was murdered in her church on a Sunday morning. She lived in Oklahoma City and drove every weekend to Anadarko, OK. I can not believe that crime remains unsolved. :banghead:

http://newsok.com/anadarkochurchkilling

The Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, was found dead in an Anadarko church, Sunday, Aug. 23. Daniels, a pastor from Oklahoma City, traveled to Anadarko every other Sunday to preach. The district attorney involved in the case called it "horrific."

Amen. Just gave that thread a bump, and here's another for this one.

Good News/Bad News Dept.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation forms new cold case unit to find DNA evidence

Wow, it sounds like we in Oklahoma just discovered the wonders of DNA. But....

"Some cases the unit will examine are from the 1970s, but some are just a few years old, Perkinson said. The OSBI does not consider recent high-profile cases such as the fatal shootings of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, near Weleetka in 2008 and the August slaying of pastor Carol Daniels in Anadarko to be cold, because investigators still have leads to follow."

Well, this means they're still---apparently---following leads.

http://newsok.com/osbi-forms-new-co...article/3420292?custom_click=lead_story_title

Good News/Bad News Dept.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation forms new cold case unit to find DNA evidence

"Some cases the unit will examine are from the 1970s, but some are just a few years old, Perkinson said. The OSBI does not consider recent high-profile cases such as the fatal shootings of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, near Weleetka in 2008 and the August slaying of pastor Carol Daniels in Anadarko to be cold, because investigators still have leads to follow."

http://newsok.com/osbi-forms-new-co...article/3420292?custom_click=lead_story_title

It's about freaken time!!!

ITA. Bump for Skyla & Taylor:angel:

Good News/Bad News Dept.

I am so tired of the OSBI stating they are still following leads in regards to Taylor and Skyla. :banghead:

However, I am thankful there is a cold case unit being established. I wonder if the CC Unit will look at the Locust Grove Girl Scout murders?

I am so tired of the OSBI stating they are still following leads in regards to Taylor and Skyla. :banghead:

However, I am thankful there is a cold case unit being established. I wonder if the CC Unit will look at the Locust Grove Girl Scout murders?

Couldn't agree with you more; OSBI's reputation at this point is like the punchline to a bad joke.

Locust Grove was the first case that sprang to my mind, as there should have been a huge amount of physical evidence collected at the camp. I wonder if it's been saved, though. LE was so sure Gene Leroy Hart did it that they may have just tossed it all after the trial.* (For those unfamiliar with the case, here's a good short account: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Girl_Scout_Murders[/ame])

*"Thirty years later authorities conducted new DNA testing, but the results of these proved inconclusive, as the samples were too old."

I'm hoping that OK media do some stories over the holidays about Taylor and Skyla. Not holding my breath, you understand. But, frequently, they'll do some human interest-type things.

All crimes against children are horrific and always, always sad.. I'm so glad that you have pushed this as I know as with other cases this should not be forgotten or left to collect dust. I like everyone else here totally agree with you.
I have read on a few other forums people debating this case, one in particular forum seemed to have the girls family members and I can only presume locals that live in the area getting into heated and pretty nasty 'debate'. It got all too personal, they seemed to forget that it was not about them and their personal issues.

How can such a small community not notice anything? Everyone knows everyones business and yet such a tragedy to occur and they know nothing.

Wfgodot - it is wonderful that people like you make sure cases like this are not lost and forgotten, that you remind us this is not just a 'case' but a tragedy which involves two beautiful, innocent children, who once had dreams, who had just started to venture into life.... Thankyou

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back