Consumer Reports Study Backs Dr. Oz’s Claim About Arsenic in Apple Juice

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Just about two months after Dr. Mehmet Oz reported he found potentially dangerous levels of arsenic in apple juice, Consumer Reports released the details of its own investigation, which found 10 percent of sampled fruit juices contain arsenic and lead levels exceeding the federal drinking-water standards.

Oh my gosh! My great-grandson LOVES apple juice! I have been really concerned about what apple juice would do to his little teeth, but I never thought of arsenic poisoning!

Oh my gosh! My great-grandson LOVES apple juice! I have been really concerned about what apple juice would do to his little teeth, but I never thought of arsenic poisoning!

You would be shocked what the FDA allows in your food. They claim that since it's such a small amount that it won't hurt you, but I'm seeing more and more cases of children with cancer. They know nobody will do anything, so they continue to do it. It's scary.

Well don't forget the lead that's being found in it. That could be the cause of the increase in autism and other learning disorders in children.

I'm confused by this "news" story. I thought it was common knowledge that apple seeds contained arsenic. Isn't it possible this arsenic found is just a result of crushing the whole apple?

I read a similar report a few years ago. There are few sources of US apple juice...Martellis is one. It is worth seeking it out...even organic brands contain apples from China.

I switched my kids to white grape juice once I read the reports a few years ago.

Our Government at work... sigh.
Sad what we've become as a country. Capitalism at its worst.
I sit here wondering if it is also related to such a high level of autism in this country as well.

Our Government at work... sigh.
Sad what we've become as a country. Capitalism at its worst.
I sit here wondering if it is also related to such a high level of autism in this country as well.

Think about the number of heavy metals our infants, toddlers, kids are exposed to between vaccinations, food products, books and toys.

The body doesnt shed heavy metals. It is maddening. :maddening:

Then, how about lipstick, face creams, yada yada yada when you become a teen/adult?

Think about the number of heavy metals our infants, toddlers, kids are exposed to between vaccinations, food products, books and toys.

The body doesnt shed heavy metals. It is maddening. :maddening:

Then, how about lipstick, face creams, yada yada yada when you become a teen/adult?

I agree. Mostly ALL are controlled by the FDA (an organization created by the government for the "safety" of the people) and in the case of vaccinations REQUIRED by our government!
The older I get, the more scared I get about where we're headed...
George Orwell had amazing insight!

Ironically, there are those who say eating the seeds of apples prevents or even cures cancer, as the cyanide, also known as vitamin B17 (I think, I could be wrong) attacks the cancer cells.

I'm confused by this "news" story. I thought it was common knowledge that apple seeds contained arsenic. Isn't it possible this arsenic found is just a result of crushing the whole apple?

They found high levels of inorganic arsenic as well.

Arsenic naturally occurs in apple seeds. Anything with apple juice in it will have traces arsenic due to the pressing of apples with the seeds still intact. New studies say it is not arsenic, it is cyanide. I still believe the old ones, as I don't think people are dumping rat poison in apple juice. Organic farmers supposedly don't spray the apples with chemicals, so where would the source be there?

ETA: Okay, wiki says it can commonly occur in drinking water. All others seem to be with heating metals, but I'm not sure I understand all this stuff:

Arsenic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote from article:

"In the United States, arsenic is most commonly found in the ground waters of the southwest.[62] Parts of New England, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas are also known to have significant[clarification needed] concentrations of arsenic in ground water. Increased levels of skin cancer have been associated with arsenic exposure in Wisconsin, even at levels below the 10 part per billion drinking water standard.[63] According to a recent film funded by the US Superfund, millions of private wells have unknown arsenic levels, and in some areas of the US, over 20% of wells may contain levels that exceed established limits.[64]"

Arsenic naturally occurs in apple seeds. Anything with apple juice in it will have traces arsenic due to the pressing of apples with the seeds still intact. New studies say it is not arsenic, it is cyanide. I still believe the old ones, as I don't think people are dumping rat poison in apple juice. Organic farmers supposedly don't spray the apples with chemicals, so where would the source be there?

ETA: Okay, wiki says it can commonly occur in drinking water. All others seem to be with heating metals, but I'm not sure I understand all this stuff:

Arsenic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote from article:

"In the United States, arsenic is most commonly found in the ground waters of the southwest.[62] Parts of New England, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas are also known to have significant[clarification needed] concentrations of arsenic in ground water. Increased levels of skin cancer have been associated with arsenic exposure in Wisconsin, even at levels below the 10 part per billion drinking water standard.[63] According to a recent film funded by the US Superfund, millions of private wells have unknown arsenic levels, and in some areas of the US, over 20% of wells may contain levels that exceed established limits.[64]"

Oops, I mean arsenic, not cyanide, my bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back