TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I've heard of the Robert Mosher case.....no words.

1982 ~ The Death Of Robert Mosher

Quote:
In 1982, Bobby Randell Wilcoxson was paroled from Leavenworth Penitentiary, Kansas, into the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. Before the year's end, Wilcoxson would murder again.

Robert Mosher of Signal Mountain, Tennessee, a swank country club suburb of Chattanooga, was a chemical engineer with the Dupont company. According to court records, his second wife, Evelyn Faye Mosher, developed a very expensive drug addiction that nearly bankrupted the Mosher family. Already connected by drug dealers to the seedy underbelly of the Chattanooga criminal network, Evelyn Mosher put the word out - she would pay anyone who would murder her husband and make it look like an accident. Robert Mosher's life insurance paid double for accidents.

One of Wilcoxson's fellow ex-cons from Leavenworth mentioned Evelyn Mosher's need to Wilcoxson.

"If she hires me," Wilcoxson told the con, "she's getting the meanest son-of-a-***** she's ever seen in her life."

In December, 1982, Evelyn Mosher gave Wilcoxson a key to the Mosher family house. Wilcoxson and an accomplice went to the Mosher's Signal Mountain home before Robert Mosher was due from work. They ransacked the place to give the illusion of a burglary, then they waited for Robert Mosher to arrive.

The intruders captured Mosher in his garage, duct tapped his hands behind his back and took him into the kitchen. There, Wilcoxson and his accomplice stood Mosher on a step ladder and pushed him off, hoping the fall to the floor would break his neck. They repeated this several times - resulting in a good beating of Mosher but no broken neck.

Frustrated, Wilcoxson took a piece of plastic tarp and rammed it down Mosher's throat using ten inches of a mop handle.

The local police could not solve the crime and Evelyn Mosher would not talk to them. She collected $209,000 of insurance benefits but never paid Wilcoxson. In 1985, she came under the surveillance of the local police for her drug activity.

Snipped..

O/T...I remember that and knew her from Moda Tienda Beauty Salon many years ago....She was a tall blonde.. Didn't she take his daughter to a concert that night so no one would suspect she was involved? She craved attention from good looking men and IIRC a very good looking undercover agent was the one who got her to admit what she did..She was a real piece of work..Do you know IF she is still in jail? JMHO

This is the first I've heard of the Robert Mosher case.....no words.

When I first started searching, it had been so long I almost couldn't remember his name. But that was a huge case back in the 80s! :(

O/T...I remember that and knew her from Moda Tienda Beauty Salon many years ago....She was a tall blonde.. Didn't she take his daughter to a concert that night so no one would suspect she was involved? She craved attention from good looking men and IIRC a very good looking undercover agent was the one who got her to admit what she did..She was a real piece of work..Do you know IF she is still in jail? JMHO

OMG - Moda Tienda! :) I never went there - I was a college student at the time, and more of a hippy, lol.

I don't recall what the outcome was. I'll have to look around for some articles when I get the time (I'm supposed to be cooking supper at this minute, LOL, and instead I'm on WS). :crazy:

Welcome to Websleuths! :welcome5:

I don't think you've lived there long enough, but I'm sure the Chamber of Commerce and all the real estate agents don't tell newcomers about the murder history of Signal Mt.

There have actually been some unusual murders and violent crime there

Thanks for the quick history ThoughtFox - I'm a bit disturbed now :)

I still feel relatively safe in comparison to the kind of violence that seems commonplace every day in Chattanooga, but obviously we are not immune.

I haven't seen the video yet, but did it seem like the police were slow to respond to the 1988 murder? What did it take to get that one solved?

I still feel relatively safe in comparison to the kind of violence that seems commonplace every day in Chattanooga, but obviously we are not immune.

I haven't seen the video yet, but did it seem like the police were slow to respond to the 1988 murder? What did it take to get that one solved?

IIRC... It was a couple of years later..Seems LE set her up.. To their advantage she had a weakness for good looking men and an undercover agent with "gorgeous" eyes got her to spill everything...JMHO

ETA..Sorry, I responded in regards to the Mosher case being solved... I didn't realize you werent talking about the Mosher case...

I have registered Gail on NamUs, a national missing persons system. But I think it needs more info, if maybe someone can supply the police info.

Attachments

• screen-capture-2.jpg
    screen-capture-2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 7

There may have been some delay getting a search warrant for the property. I hate to say because it's been a while since I studied the case, and I'd have to go back and watch Unsolved Mysteries to get it right.

What it took to get it solved was finding the bodies, which they did, buried in the woods. What it took for a conviction was several trials. Casteel's wife stayed loyal to him, but his girlfriend turned state's evidence and she had taped him on the phone saying stuff about the cover-up. I'm not sure if they allowed those tapes to be played, but he was convicted anyway.

Here's the Crime Stoppers that was shown on Channel 3 before it was solved. It has a reenactment of the events leading up to the dissapearance of the three men. It would be nice to see a reenactment of the Palmgren case with a reward attached like this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eOyIkya9g4[/ame]​

Its recorded and posted now (the 8 minute press conference).

Here is a link to it

I was gone much of the day. So I didn't see the news conference until now. I had earlier heard that Gail's husband had attended.

:whoosh: After watching this so called 'news conference,' all I can say is..... :thud:

Let me catch up.

fran

(eta i WROTE SOME COMMENTS next to the recap of the pc)

ok i realize i'm a newbie here and far too close (w/o being actually involved w/ the family) to the sitch so forgive my frustration. can some of you experts tell me what this stuff means? is it just a "appease the frothing public" kinda thing or was there real info in there that i'm missing? :waitasec:

I'm definitely no expert! But I've been around for awhile.

nothing
yes
no

:maddening:

JMHO
fran

:aktion1:
Per Channel 3's FB, a woman, LBS, states there was a tape of GP taking the $420K. LBS's FB shows one of MP's brothers as a friend. FWIW

http://www.facebook.com/WRCBtv/posts/225253184158731

Withdrawing $420K from a joint account on a single day without the other signatory's authorization? I don't think so. I'd be shocked if she (or MP for that matter) could have withdrawn even $5K cash in a day. I call BS on this... :aktion1:

Is it possible LE is playing possum so as not to give anything away, but is really working on this case? Please--because I can't believe they aren't doing anything!!!!

I believe this PC said what it means, and means what it said.

LE isn't doing anything except waiting for Gail to return.

Gail's sister is in shambles and doing everything she can, without any help from LE or the husband.

The husband waited how many weeks to put a plea out to Gail?
The husband said himself, when he was saying she's done this before, 'but she always stayed in touch with the children.'

The husband's hired criminal defense attorneys accompanying him to the pc, speaks VOLUMES!

Unfortunately, I think we saw the uphill battle that those who CARE for Gail are faced in order to get SOMEONE to REALLY look for Gail.

I admit, this doesn't look good for Gail IF she's NOT out there somewhere and someone did something to her. I can see the names STEBIC or
STACY PETERSON written all over this unsolved bin this is headed for!

Oh My Goodness!

:mad:
JMHO
fran

PS>.....oh, does anyone know if Matt gave out his new cell phone number IF his wife decided to call? Or does he already know, she won't be needing it, after all? :(

Withdrawing $420K from a joint account on a single day without the other signatory's authorization? I don't think so. I'd be shocked if she (or MP for that matter) could have withdrawn even $5K cash in a day. I call BS on this... :aktion1:

agree, don't believe it either, IMO

I believe this PC said what it means, and means what it said.

LE isn't doing anything except waiting for Gail to return.

Gail's sister is in shambles and doing everything she can, without any help from LE or the husband.

The husband waited how many weeks to put a plea out to Gail?
The husband said himself, when he was saying she's done this before, 'but she always stayed in touch with the children.'

The husband's hired criminal defense attorneys accompanying him to the pc, speaks VOLUMES!

Unfortunately, I think we saw the uphill battle that those who CARE for Gail are faced in order to get SOMEONE to REALLY look for Gail.

I admit, this doesn't look good for Gail IF she's NOT out there somewhere and someone did something to her. I can see the names STEBIC or
STACY PETERSON written all over this unsolved bin this is headed for!

Oh My Goodness!

:mad:
JMHO
fran

PS>.....oh, does anyone know if Matt gave out his new cell phone number IF his wife decided to call? Or does he already know, she won't be needing it, after all? :(

Fran, BBM

I think he filed a restraining order instead.

Thanks for your take on all this. When you say a celebrity will have to take notice to get things moving faster, I wonder,has the case been featured on AMW yet?

I also wonder if the police don't want to investigate because of MP's status in his job --even though he is on administrative leave now? Could they be fearful of him because of his position? Just a thought.

OT

Just fyi, AMW is on a break, I don't know why. But then I read that FOX had cancelled them.

Take that fwiw,
fran

PS....otoh, there's Nancy Grace, JVM, I guess that's all......maybe they could get some traction....fran

And what a coincidence, the person who makes this claim also says what a "great dad" MP is to look out for his children like he is doing. Ummhmmmmm...

UPDATE: Sheriff assisting in search for missing mother
Posted: May 17, 2011 12:30 PM EDT Updated: May 17, 2011 6:27 PM EDT

Watch this video. Starting at 00:55, a dispatcher is communicating a "be on the lookout" broadcast. At 01:08, it shows the dispatcher's screen. There are several entries regarding Gail. One says "She has left various items w/friends in case something happened to her"

Attached is the screenshot.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14661367

Attachments

• Gail_Palmgren.pdf
    141.3 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online