GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be too hard to keep a 12 year old happy when on the run for a murder. If he gets caught he is facing lengthy jail time so its not looking good at all. It would be much easier for him to run on his own. I pray for a happy ending, but there hasn't been too many lately :(

I am exactly Brittany's size.

I cannot be seen from the back if I am driving a Blazer, a 4Runner, a Durango. I often sit on my left leg to ensure I can see completely over the dashboard/steering wheel.

Having not had experience driving, she likely wouldn't have thought of that until it was too late and may not have been able to see very well.

I cannot be seen if I walk behind many full size trucks. Even driving in the Dodge 1500 which allows me to adjust the seat UP as well as forward... so I don't have an issue seeing over the dashboard, my head doesn't go above the headrest. So unless I lean over, you might not see me in that either.

Perhaps you didn't see the driver because the head wasn't visible from behind. BS wasn't that tall, and maybe didn't adjust the seat before taking off in it.

I think if he needed to move really quickly he wouldn't be worried about packing up the tent. Though I would keep everything not immediately needed in the car... so there would be less to leave behind.

I would attempt to find an out of the way spot for the car as well... but if they got the camping equipment maybe that is an indicator they intended to go to an area that would be good enough weather to camp?

I just don't think they woud be using a tent right now; the current weather conditions [even in the south] are frigid, so why would they not try to find an out-of-the-way spot for the car as it would provide much better protection from the elements??:waitasec:

I grasp that he would be concerned about the car being spotted, but I also think the tent, at this time with all the news coverage, would be equally worrisome for this guy. Plus, if he needed to move quickly, packing up a tent and all the gear that goes with it would be more difficult vice turning the car key and zooming away.:runaway:

I hope LE can narrow down the search parameters, because right now it's like looking for a needle in a haystack with all the combined states that are being listed.

I'm not feeling as hopeful at this point...:shakehead:

~Mish

I may have hit on something regarding that cnn post. Ted Bundy abducted a 12 yr old in Lake City, FL on Feb 9, 1978. I bet this guy is a Bundy fanatic.

If he's 32, he wasn't born yet.

Good Morning everyone.... News from Florida.... There was a meeting of the Super Troopers, County's and City LE Each county was responsible for there own.. But I had to attend ours here and one county above us and the main topic was to be on the extreme caution look out for them, also they are checking any calls of stolen vehicles and car jackings, missing persons and all spike in power bills in otherwise vacant homes.

Disney has also put out a special BOLO...

It is warming up here and there are a few big Rock Concerts happening at our Campgrounds down here....

You guy's have done a great job, I have been following this case but unable to do any research......I am going to look this morning while I have a little time!

What strike's me about this case, is that I can't find any of JE's friends chattering about him online, anywhere....I don't get it, usually someone wants their 15 minutes of fame! If I have missed something please enlighten me, I keep searching for someone to write on a blog, that they have known him for years, and then something good or bad!!!

Nothing other than a high school friend saying he was quiet and withdrawn, I believe.

Good Morning everyone.... News from Florida.... There was a meeting of the Super Troopers, County's and City LE Each county was responsible for there own.. But I had to attend ours here and one county above us and the main topic was to be on the extreme caution look out for them, also they are checking any calls of stolen vehicles and car jackings, missing persons and all spike in power bills in otherwise vacant homes.

Disney has also put out a special BOLO...

It is warming up here and there are a few big Rock Concerts happening at our Campgrounds down here....

Thank You1 I never thought of the Power Company.

My local news here in Bradenton, Florida just did a 20 second spot on the local news regarding Brittany.

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=13637587 I don't know how to link. Here's the story. . .ROANOKE, Va. (AP)- A police chief says he's received no new leads in the search for a 12-year-old Roanoke County girl believed to be with her slain mother's live-in boyfriend.

Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder tolds CBS's "The Early Show" on Wednesday that police didn't receive information overnight that would be helpful in locating Brittany Mae Smith.

Authorities found the body of Brittany's 41-year-old mother, Tina Smith, at her home in Salem on Monday. An Amber Alert was then issued for Brittany and police believe she may be with 32-year-old Jeffrey Scott Easley.

Easley's mother, Sallie Martin of Franklin County, pleaded Tuesday for her son to come forward.

WDBJ-TV reports Easley dropped out of high school in 1996 in Ayden, N.C., about 256 miles southeast of Roanoke.
Unrated

Robin Meade's show on HLN has covered Brittany's case several times this morning - they've showed a map w/ the states that LE has enlisted to assist.

Glad she's getting this kind of national coverage.

TS and BS were last seen leaving their home together Friday morning. I have not seen any reports of when they may have returned home.

I wonder if JE followed (stalking) them to wherever they went and jumped into the car with them making them drive back home. Leaving his vehicle abandoned wherever they happened to be. Could be why we haven't been told where the vehicle was located - as it would be the original crime scene of the abduction, the house being the original crime scene of the murder.

TS and BS were last seen leaving their home together Friday morning. I have not seen any reports of when they may have returned home.

I wonder if JE followed (stalking) them to wherever they went and jumped into the car with them making them drive back home. Leaving his vehicle abandoned wherever they happened to be. Could be why we haven't been told where the vehicle was located - as it would be the original crime scene of the abduction, the house being the original crime scene of the murder.

Very good theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member