OH - Suicide Of Pedophile The Good And Bad News

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Well, as if there could be any good news about a Tier Level 3 pedophile it'd be he decided to commit suicide. Slamming his van into a tree at a high rate of speed well he may have killed someone else. The bad news is Charles Lewis of Ohio is a registered sex offender. Where was he living? In his girlfriends home with her two small children and yeah he called cops to say he hurt the kids. Comes to be Charlie hadn't verified his addy and nobody really knew where he was. He was on a "stay" of some sort where the legal system is well plain messed up.http://www.wtov9.com/news/15346616/detail.html

I expect it to be bad news for those responsible for him slipping through the net. i expect the bad news for them will be to lose their jobs.

I still don't understand why we can't have mandatory death penalty for these sex offenders, especially Level 3 and other predators. They're only going to keep reoffending. What will it take to get the death penalty for them? Instead of letting this loose in the streets then "losing them"?

As I keep saying..just take them out of sight and shoot them..its the only cure.

So these guys who are protesting their status they are left to do whatever they want even though they have been prosecuted and served time for sexual offences to children. Instead of letting them do what they please while their "whine" is being looked at why not keep them on a short leash where they have to register and answer to someone? It shouldn't matter what level they are they need to register. They are protesting being level 3 offenders but the obviously are level 3 because of their crimes! The government's hands don't have to be tied while they figure things out for pity sake. They are the law! So I guess what that article is saying that as long as you disagree with the level you are placed at you can file something and in the meantime you are free to do what you please. That is B.S.

Because of letting this guy do what he wanted because the governments hands were tied there are two more little girls damaged for life.

Did this mother know what this guy was???? Glad he slammed his vehicle into a tree. He went straight to hell...and is burning as we speak...IMO.

A level three sex offender should not be on the street in any capacity period.
But do you notice they never have aproblem finding a girlfriend?
Any woman if shes aware that the guy is a sex offender and allows him access to her children should be equally liable. It happens too damn often.

Ongoing class action suit or not, there should be no stay list. That freaking law firm is just as much responsible for these children being molested as this dead perv was. :mad:

I am not familiar with this class action suit and I live here! I wonder if this is an article about the same suit they are talking about in the report:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22902637/

You touch a child inappropriately, you lose your rights. Period.

Ongoing class action suit or not, there should be no stay list. That freaking law firm is just as much responsible for these children being molested as this dead perv was. :mad:

I am not familiar with this class action suit and I live here! I wonder if this is an article about the same suit they are talking about in the report:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22902637/

You touch a child inappropriately, you lose your rights. Period.
Here's the problem:
In Central Ohio, hundreds of offenders who used to have the lowest label have been moved into tier three.
And, imho, and incredibly stupid move on the part of Central Ohio. The tiers are important. Generally tier one is for cases like an 18 year-old and a 16 year-old, where the parents press charges and the 18 year-old gets charged and convicted for something like statutory rape, even if they never had sex. Or some drunk guy taking a leak getting charged with indecent exposure, bc he took said leak in the public venue.

Tier threes, otoh, are those who are deemed most dangerous. Hence, those whom the community needs to be aware of when they are released from prison. And, unfortunately, unless laws change, they will be released. Hence, society needs an effective means for protecting themselves. And that means, knowing who is the most likely to reoffend. Hence, mixing in the tier ones, with tier threes, has the potential of having just the opposite desired effect.

By deciding to reclassify tier ones to tier threes, they not only opened the flood-gates for lawsuits, but also provided a means for predators to latch on and try to "slip through" via a legal loophole, or in this case, allow sexual predators to continue preying on children. And, they make it extremely tough for the community to know which SXOs are dangerous.

Here's the problem:
And, imho, and incredibly stupid move on the part of Central Ohio. The tiers are important. Generally tier one is for cases like an 18 year-old and a 16 year-old, where the parents press charges and the 18 year-old gets charged and convicted for something like statutory rape, even if they never had sex. Or some drunk guy taking a leak getting charged with indecent exposure, bc he took said leak in the public venue.

Tier threes, otoh, are those who are deemed most dangerous. Hence, those whom the community needs to be aware of when they are released from prison. And, unfortunately, unless laws change, they will be released. Hence, society needs an effective means for protecting themselves. And that means, knowing who is the most likely to reoffend. Hence, mixing in the tier ones, with tier threes, has the potential of having just the opposite desired effect.

By deciding to reclassify tier ones to tier threes, they not only opened the flood-gates for lawsuits, but also provided a means for predators to latch on and try to "slip through" via a legal loophole, or in this case, allow sexual predators to continue preying on children. And, they make it extremely tough for the community to know which SXOs are dangerous.

What was the reason their status was changed or was it a flub? I know they recently added this info the sex offender registry. Wow, what a way to open up the floodgates. Now every bona fide tier three is going to get in on the lawsuit just to avoid registry. Unbelievable.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
A level three sex offender should not be on the street in any capacity period.
But do you notice they never have aproblem finding a girlfriend?
Any woman if shes aware that the guy is a sex offender and allows him access to her children should be equally liable. It happens too damn often.

I think they just charm the socks off the gf to get at the kids.

So these guys who are protesting their status they are left to do whatever they want even though they have been prosecuted and served time for sexual offences to children. Instead of letting them do what they please while their "whine" is being looked at why not keep them on a short leash where they have to register and answer to someone? It shouldn't matter what level they are they need to register. They are protesting being level 3 offenders but the obviously are level 3 because of their crimes! The government's hands don't have to be tied while they figure things out for pity sake. They are the law! So I guess what that article is saying that as long as you disagree with the level you are placed at you can file something and in the meantime you are free to do what you please. That is B.S.

Because of letting this guy do what he wanted because the governments hands were tied there are two more little girls damaged for life.

Did this mother know what this guy was???? Glad he slammed his vehicle into a tree. He went straight to hell...and is burning as we speak...IMO.

This is everything I wanted to say. Tied hands? Give me a break!
The sad thing is that had this mother caught this SOB and had shot him in the head, she would have been arrested and tried and that would be more lives ruined. Meanwhile, I would be searching for an address to send my donation to her defense fund.

If you take the case of convicted serial killer, Arthur Shawcross, he originally had been sent to 3 different towns, each town didn't want him since he had a sex offender history of killing and sexually assaulting 2 children. When he got to where he was living, and being a serial killer, the locals weren't notified of his sex offender status. Then he moved on to killing prostitutes.
They need to just kill sex offenders.

Is there any genuine story of a sex offender being rehabilitated?? I know you can never be truly sure, but are there even any mildly convincing stories??

Is there any genuine story of a sex offender being rehabilitated?? I know you can never be truly sure, but are there even any mildly convincing stories??
closest i have heard of a cured pedo are the dead ones.

If there is an afterlife this is one guy I bet ain't got through the gates of heaven. Poor kids I hope the mom can NOW get them some help.

The short answer is, imnsho, a resounding "No"

Now for the long answer (and pardon my rant).

Some research indicates that SXO recidivism is curtailed due to SXO treatment. However longitudinal studies do not bear this out. The most well-known researchers in this area are Hanson, et al, whose research indicates that while risk is decreased for immediately following the programs, it increases over time. (Hanson, et al, 2004, 2005). And from my read and imho, those who seem to fall into the "low-risk" category and do not, in fact, reoffend (even over time), are not people whom most would characterize as true sex offenders (i.e., the 18 yr old & 16 yr old, the drunk guy taking a leak in public).

As for the programs? That I can tell the earliest SXO treatment programs began in the 1980s. Those were shortly followed by JSO (juvenile sex offender) treatment programs in the early 1990s. The theory wrt the latter is that 50% of SXO offended as juveniles (see OJJDP, 2001). In reviewing the JSO data, as well as conferring with those who work in that area, I am admittedly surprised (and appalled) wrt how they are run.

In one case (annecdotal, only), the individual quit after a week and relayed to me that the so-called treatment program was more like a warehousing program—where the kids would create a disturbance that would distract the staff so other kids could rape (yes, rape) the younger kids (who were also there for sex related offenses). The sex related offenses varied from exhibitionism, to fondling, to rape. The kids ages ranged from 8 years old to 18 years old. And these kids were not from impoverished and/or minority ESL areas (their parents were mostly white upper-middle to upper class icons of their community). The individual who quit stated that "[that] place wasn't a treatment facility, rather they were grooming our future serial killers."

As for other JSO literature? Imho, their approach—among which includes showing the kids videos of violent rapes, as well as the criminal justice process after said rape—is questionable. Although the so-called thought process is to teach them (ala Bandura's social learning theory), I am quite skeptical and in fact, believe that approach is just really... well, in a word, stupid. And, imho, we're ensuring these kids will go on to not only offend but offend in the most horrendous manner as adults. And, while there is no way to prove my contention—due to the sealing of juvenile records—I personally, think these so-called JSO programs are part of the problem.

Now, back to adult SXO programs. One thing the public is generally unaware of wrt to the SXO tier classification system (which, I'm guessing, though obviously do not know, may be what happened in Central Ohio). If a person admits they're a SXO and they agree to engage in outpatient SXO treatment, they can be classified at a lower tier. Though, those who engage in sex offenses against children and/or who violently rape an adult are not supposed to qualify for said lower tiers, I really do not know how much this rule is followed.

Okay, now for the ranty part.

The thing that annoys the heck out of me is that assessment and treatment of SXOs is a booming industry, with (again, imnsho) no valid and reliable data to back it up. And though our jails and prisons are indeed overflowing and we have to "do something" with these people, I say, how about freeing people who are serving time for possession of illegal substances (that would be 60% of our prison population, btw) and keeping the violent criminals and child abusers (that would include molesters, who, imho, present a very high risk of graduating to violence—think Couey who started out his offending career with exhibitionism) behind bars forever.

And sure, drugs are a problem. We see it all the time. However, of all of the drugs out there, the highest correlation to violent crime happens to be a legal and rather celebrated drug: alcohol. And then there's the abuse of otc & prescription medication—which is right up there with street drugs as far as drug abuse (and high correlations to child neglect, btw) goes. For their part in this mess, imnsho, we need to start holding prescribing docs accountable for handing out meds like candy while spending little to no time (approx 15 mins/monthly for exorbitant fees) actually assessing whether their clients need said meds.

So... that's my long (and ranty) answer. Not an answer, really... but anyway...

Wow, thanks, Shadowraiths. That was a lot of great info (and rant!).

Instead of letting any of them out, let's just build more prisons! :D

Do you know if JSO's are housed with all other Juvies or are they separated?

We recently had a convicted JSO in our middle school. Parents found out by watching the news. The victim's mom went to the media because she was upset nobody from the school alerted parents. In the meantime, he had assaulted two little boys on the playground (K-8 school). :( We should have been told but he's a minor so we don't have that right. Hmph.

I suppose that is O/T somewhat! Sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back