Allen Iverson to police: Do you know who I am?

Gozgals

Reaction score
Allen Iverson, Basketball Star, was in his car as a passenger and pulled over by the police. He did not have the car registered. He seemed to go on and on to the police as to who he was, and asked the cop if he knew him!
This sounds like the Iverson of the old days. He went on a rant, swearing at the police and finally told them they could keep his car as he has 10 other ones. Ah, celebrities do have big egos...
I am a fan of his playing.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/07/georgia.iverson.police/index.html?npt=NP1

Snip
Former NBA star Allen Iverson launched an expletive-ridden tirade against police when a car belonging to him was pulled over for a traffic violation last week, at one point telling the officer, "Take the vehicle, I have 10 more," according to a police report.
Snip

I heard Allen Iverson was playing overseas and broke???

AI is beloved here. We love him.

However oh Lord did he get in enough trouble. Was his Uncle Gregory with him? Always something going on. This is OT, but the fact his mom named one of her little kids Mr. Allen Iverson is golden.

Oh yes and he did throw his wife out the house naked one time. There's classic photograph of one of his kids giving the finger out the window to photographers out there somewhere.

He got or was getting divorced. That wedding was classic as well. Sorry for the hijack Goz it just brought back old AI memories. Indeed he has an ego. Something is up though.

However oh Lord did he get in enough trouble. Was his Uncle Gregory with him? Always something going on. This is OT, but the fact his mom named one of her little kids Mr. Allen Iverson is golden.

Oh yes and he did throw his wife out the house naked one time. There's classic photograph of one of his kids giving the finger out the window to photographers out there somewhere.

He got or was getting divorced. That wedding was classic as well. Sorry for the hijack Goz it just brought back old AI memories. Indeed he has an ego. Something is up though.

Love AI as a player,but not as a human being,he is too arrogant,and it has been widely reported he is broke. If he still had any talent he certainly would not have had to go half way around the world to play basketball,someone with the NBA would have signed him. It is really a shame too,because reality will greet him one day when he wakes up and realizes that he is truly broke with no where to play ball. He is one of those players who may be homeless when he's in his 50's or 60's maybe even before then. but he squandered millions while trying to "Keep it real" as he would say:sick:

Filly- thanks for the Iverson Update. Years ago I loved watching him play. He was great. Sad he wasted his life..

Goz :)

Filly- thanks for the Iverson Update. Years ago I loved watching him play. He was great. Sad he wasted his life..

Goz :)

Oh you know me.:crazy: Back in the day...........................

http://www.mugshots.net/allen_iverson/

Lemme see if I can find the Uncle.

Too many articles about Uncle Gregory from trouble on the train to using handicapped parking places. However, I do recall this: "We're Not A Posse".

http://articles.philly.com/1997-01-28/sports/25558258_1_greg-iverson-posse-friends

Of course none of this is funny, but the only thing more entertaining was TO doing his workout on his front lawn in front of the press and fans. I know law breaking isn't entertaining, but.............oh he had a nice house too.

I love this- It's Golden. That Iverson is a nut...ha ha.

"The dictionary defines ``posse'' as a force of men, taken from the group sometimes put together by a peace officer in pursuit of wrongdoers. But it has also become a term used by the MTV generation, defining a circle of friends. Sometimes, though, there's a negative connotation, including groups who ride the coattails of the rich and famous."

Hard to believe they actually wrote an article on this.

We should form a WS posse. :crazy:

Goz

Sad turn of events for this player who caught the attention of the basketball community wayback, and certainly me too. I have him on my Twitter but haven't noticed him around lately.

Arrogance is a hard beast to tame, especially when one is not in the fast lane anymore.

Hope he gets some help and will get his life straightened-out for a financially secure future, at least.

I love this- It's Golden. That Iverson is a nut...ha ha.

"The dictionary defines ``posse'' as a force of men, taken from the group sometimes put together by a peace officer in pursuit of wrongdoers. But it has also become a term used by the MTV generation, defining a circle of friends. Sometimes, though, there's a negative connotation, including groups who ride the coattails of the rich and famous."

Hard to believe they actually wrote an article on this.

We should form a WS posse. :crazy:

Goz

Goz, ya gotta look in the urban dictionary for stuff such as this.:crazy: They don't even call it that anymore.

O.K. you can be the leader. The Posse leader. Can I take the name BobbyBee for my name?:innocent:

What a shock!

This is a man raised by a woman that named his baby brother Mister Allen Iverson. That's the kids name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back