17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's not saying Martin committed a crime. He's saying any reasonable person would have feared for their life in this circumstance, and sometimes those are horrible misunderstandings.

It could very well be here that no one committed a crime - that Martin was innocent but acting in a way that a reasonable person would find them very suspicious, and then through a series of misunderstandings he assaulted Zimmerman and at that point Zimmerman reasonably feared for his life and shot and killed him. Just as through a series of misunderstandings, Martin also feared for his safety.

A horrible series of misunderstandings, that reasonable people would agree were confusing, no crime scene, sadly one young man is dead.

BBM

That is a crime. Trust me.

I think we're getting our pronouns mixed up. I think JeannaT was talking about Horace Finklestein.

Ok then let's do it this way...:floorlaugh: I am saying it was a crime scene. Period. Either an assault or murder took place.

Im sorry but I need something cleared up. There is so much going on with case, did Zimmerman get out of his car and run after Martin? Is that definitely what happened. Because if so, how the hell can you plead self defense when you are the pursuer? Plus couldnt that be some time of assault with a deadly weapon?

Im sorry but I need something cleared up. There is so much going on with case, did Zimmerman get out of his car and run after Martin? Is that definitely what happened. Because if so, how the hell can you plead self defense when you are the pursuer? Plus couldnt that be some time of assault with a deadly weapon?
That might be harassment at best. I'm not sure where assault with a deadly weapon comes in during the following episode itself.

Yes, Zimmerman got out of his car, even told the dispatcher he was following Trayvon (run? walk? who knows?)... other than that... yeah, we're still trying to make sense of the whole thing? It's not easy so please continue to jump in the discussion.

This may help.
If Zimmerman was told not to continue to follow Trayvon, can that be considered in thisinvestigation?
Yes it will; however, the telecommunications call taker asked Zimmerman “are you followinghim”. Zimmerman replied, “yes”. The call taker stated “you don’t need to do that”. The calltaker’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow.Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck tomeet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman-Martin-Shooting

Yes, Zimmerman got out of his car, even told the dispatcher he was following Trayvon (run? walk? who knows?)... other than that... yeah, we're still trying to make sense of the whole thing? It's not easy so please continue to jump in the discussion.

You left out his heavy breathing.:seeya:

Well if this is the case that means it's either two things imo.

1. The police force is covering something up and Trayvon's race could be an issue.
2. They are just incompetent idiots.

Im leaning more with #2 as most police officers are incompetent.

I have no idea what is going on with my spelling tonight? Sorry for all the typo's?

I know that it had been raining that night, but police got there pretty quick, wouldn't they have tried to immediately take photographs of any blood (with an evidence marker) on the concrete before they lost it? I've watched 48 hours and they are always placing evidence markers by all blood on the ground and photographing it.

bbm

AND take blood, hair & skin evidence from the sidewalk?! Betcha they didn't do that either, jmo. :furious:

Zimmerman's brother is on CNN right now.

bbm

AND take blood, hair & skin evidence from the sidewalk?! Betcha they didn't do that either, jmo. :furious:
Can you please link to the crime scene report? TIA

thanks, even if he was attacked didnt he initiate it? So I can go to Florida, stalk someone like an animal, get in a fight, shoot and kill the person, and not be charged due to self defense? great rule Florida.

I saw the interview with the lady's whos yard it happened, and she said the fight was 4 houses down, Then he was shot. Are the police this stupid?

Lots of guests tonight!! :seeya: Join the forum and join in the discussion!! We'd love to have you (not you, Casey!!). Don't be shy!

bbm

JMO means just my opinion, no link needed for that. :)

Tonight on AC360: Witness: George Zimmerman 'didn't appear hurt'

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/

Video has a snippet of witness talking........but I want to hear from "the guy with a flashlight" who he said came up almost immediately.

That part is not clear either, I have heard that Zimmerman was already out of his car when he called 911 and when he was told not to follow was when he turned to go back to his car, and I have heard that he got out of his car after calling 911 and being told not to follow. As with so much of this case NO ONE knows for sure at this point.

thanks, even if he was attacked didnt he initiate it? So I can go to Florida, stalk someone like an animal, get in a fight, shoot and kill the person, and not be charged due to self defense? great rule Florida.

I saw the interview with the lady's whos yard it happened, and she said the fight was 4 houses down, Then he was shot. Are the police this stupid?

my bolding

There are different opinions about that, some experts say the self defense/SYG flew out the window when he chose to pursure, others say it can still be self defense.

JMHO

BBM
I'm not sure who initiated the physical contact. As far as I know, no one has come forward saying that they saw the initial contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer