FBI Involvement

A key witness in the trial of notorious Boston gangster 'Whitey' Bulger has been found dead by the side of a road in Lincoln, Mass., according to a report.

ABC News says police believe the corpse on Mill Road is likely that of Stephen "Stippo" Rakes.

Rakes was due to testify that Bulger and an associate threatened his daughter at gunpoint and forced Rakes to hand over his Boston liquor store, which later became a headquarters for the mob boss.

Police are calling the death of Stephen "Stippo" Rakes a (cough cough - ahem!!! - oh I'm soo sorry - i have to clear my throat) suicide,

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/key-...bulgers-trial-found-dead-2013-7#ixzz2ZPS1P7ir

I have posted this before but I will again. I would love to hear what retired profiler John Douglas would say about the case. He grew up on Long Island and I think he could add something to this case as prevailing wisdom is that the killer is a native.

I have posted this before but I will again. I would love to hear what retired profiler John Douglas would say about the case. He grew up on Long Island and I think he could add something to this case as prevailing wisdom is that the killer is a native.

Agree...and FYI:

My POI's x-wife (one of the 4 Atlantic City murder victims) grew up on Long island.

My POI and his x-wife spent ca 5 weeks on LI sep/oct 2006, his x-wife was found strangled in Atlantic City Nov 20, 2006

My POI's father lived in East Meadow on Long Island, he died September 1, 2009, Burried at New Montefiore Cemetery West Babylon Suffolk Co.

My POI's sister live in Ronkonkoma on Long Island (also brother in law, nephew and niece)

My POI's friends, some of them (several) live on Long Island

My POI's brother in law (his x-wife's sister's husband) stated back in Nov 22, 2006, about my POI's x-wife:
"that after Ms. Rxxxx and her husband separated about six years ago, she went to Atlantic City with a boyfriend and got involved with drugs and prostitution.
Later, she worked for her ex-husband’s construction
business on Long Island
."

I have not been abel to find anything whatsoever about my POIs mother...hmmmm

My POI is a hard/metal rock fanatic, and now and then frequent Jones Beach Theater at 1000 Ocean Parkway Wantagh, New York 11793

My POI...in an newspaper interview with my POI Nov 22, 2006 it stated that: "Mr. Axxxxxxxx, who splits his time between Florida and New York"

There might, probaly, be more...

Agree...and FYI:

My POI's x-wife (one of the 4 Atlantic City murder victims) grew up on Long island.

My POI and his x-wife spent ca 5 weeks on LI sep/oct 2006, his x-wife was found strangled in Atlantic City Nov 20, 2006

My POI's father lived in East Meadow on Long Island, he died September 1, 2009, Burried at New Montefiore Cemetery West Babylon Suffolk Co.

My POI's sister live in Ronkonkoma on Long Island (also brother in law, nephew and niece)

My POI's friends, some of them (several) live on Long Island

My POI's brother in law (his x-wife's sister's husband) stated back in Nov 22, 2006, about my POI's x-wife:
"that after Ms. Rxxxx and her husband separated about six years ago, she went to Atlantic City with a boyfriend and got involved with drugs and prostitution.
Later, she worked for her ex-husband’s construction
business on Long Island
."

I have not been abel to find anything whatsoever about my POIs mother...hmmmm

My POI is a hard/metal rock fanatic, and now and then frequent Jones Beach Theater at 1000 Ocean Parkway Wantagh, New York 11793

My POI...in an newspaper interview with my POI Nov 22, 2006 it stated that: "Mr. Axxxxxxxx, who splits his time between Florida and New York"

There might, probaly, be more...

and if we can tie the 4th victims in AC4 and GB4, ta-da

As I have stated in other places it was the Facebook pages that were made linking some of the victims as " Friends" that brought me to these cases and all that I came across afterwards. It is widely believed you POI might be behind those FB pages. I found this person very suspicious and the different places he lived and the construction stuff ,all you just mentioned and a lot more just way questionable. The guy definitely stands out. While reading early on I couldn't figure out why this guy wasn't looked at still as a suspect. But then I realized how many other characters were involved and how they all too were cleared. Still I agree with you Foreigner, you POI fits very well.

LOUD ones, too----the FBI has loaned out a "special scent" dog and various equipment to a smaller CT police dept working a serial case in New Britain, CT--funny how they didn't really ask for help but got it anyways---oh, and the reward is $50K for each vic, $150K total for the 3(a tad bit higher than LISK reward)--new remains were just found, but they are not sure yet if from one of the previous 3 or from a 4th vic

CM, Do you think these cases are related or are you just commenting on the differences in how the cases are being handled?

CM, Do you think these cases are related or are you just commenting on the differences in how the cases are being handled?

no link--just the difference--but it could be that FBI came in because a guy that was arrested in 2014 for killing his wife and daughter and dumping the daughter in these same woods in 1995 might have confessed to these 3 and more so maybe they want to look and see if it's true--

I believe the task force requested the FBI dog and it took a year or so to receive their help. How special could this dog be? The reward is from the State of CT. I don't think the mother and daughter murders are related to the others because they were out of staters and he came here to kill and dump them and he disappeared out west. I believe the other three are local or fairly local to the area where they were found. But who knows any thing is possible.

I believe the task force requested the FBI dog and it took a year or so to receive their help. How special could this dog be? The reward is from the State of CT. I don't think the mother and daughter murders are related to the others because they were out of staters and he came here to kill and dump them and he disappeared out west. I believe the other three are local or fairly local to the area where they were found. But who knows any thing is possible.

must have been pretty "special" lol--it found 4 more(that apparently no other dog or person could find before) that lead to naming William Devlin Howell as a "suspect" and probably by now the sk--I would tend to think CT is not where he got his start since he spent winters and time in NC and VA--Maybe a few people that like to follow cases could jump over to that forum and help see if he has left bodies in his wake in VA or NC--TF, the address and last known ties seem to be right up your alley--maybe you could help the FBI and these states solve some cases
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-and-possibly-earlier&p=11764672#post11764672

An amazing dog. I think I read Springer Spaniel.

I would look at missing hitchhikers also.

must have been pretty "special" lol--it found 4 more(that apparently no other dog or person could find before) that lead to naming William Devlin Howell as a "suspect" and probably by now the sk--I would tend to think CT is not where he got his start since he spent winters and time in NC and VA--Maybe a few people that like to follow cases could jump over to that forum and help see if he has left bodies in his wake in VA or NC--TF, the address and last known ties seem to be right up your alley--maybe you could help the FBI and these states solve some cases
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-and-possibly-earlier&p=11764672#post11764672

Hi CM

JFYI, His middle name is Devin not Devlin.

His name and DOB found in one of the photos, from the press conference Monday afternoon by New Britain police, in this link:

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...l-killer-bodies-unearthed-20150511-story.html

William Devin Howell
DOB 2/11/1970

I have now researched ancestry.com in all possible ways/combinations of his name and DOB, in all US states, but not found one singe record on him VERY ODD!
Now why this is; that is the question.

He probably used false ID.

But WDH's blue 1985 Ford Econoline van was apparently registered to D.H. of 307 Washington Street, New Britain, Connecticut.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Suspected-Connecticut-serial-killer-identified-6258233.php#page-2

The van was seized in North Carolina on April 22, 2004.

OK so the D.H did NOT mean Devin Howell it was his former girlfriend:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...killer-suspect-was-kindhearted-boyfriend.html

Howell’s van was registered in Dorothy Holcomb’s name, prompting investigators to pay her a visit in 2004.

Lots of info in the above link that kind of claim that WDH didn't commit any of the murders.

Hi CM

JFYI, His middle name is Devin not Devlin.

His name and DOB found in one of the photos, from the press conference Monday afternoon by New Britain police, in this link:

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...l-killer-bodies-unearthed-20150511-story.html

William Devin Howell
DOB 2/11/1970

I have now researched ancestry.com in all possible ways/combinations of his name and DOB, in all US states, but not found one singe record on him VERY ODD!
Now why this is; that is the question.

He probably used false ID.

But WDH's blue 1985 Ford Econoline van was apparently registered to D.H. of 307 Washington Street, New Britain, Connecticut.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Suspected-Connecticut-serial-killer-identified-6258233.php#page-2

The van was seized in North Carolina on April 22, 2004.

OK so the D.H did NOT mean Devin Howell it was his former girlfriend:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...killer-suspect-was-kindhearted-boyfriend.html

Howell’s van was registered in Dorothy Holcomb’s name, prompting investigators to pay her a visit in 2004.

Lots of info in the above link that kind of claim that WDH didn't commit any of the murders.

----THANKS for looking into it!!!---very odd indeed--fake ids definitely a possibility--or he was staying with people so never really had stuff in his name in VA or NC---still feels like he has bodies in VA and NC, using that stereotypical creeper van--if not, his CT kills were a very quick kill rate for starting out

----THANKS for looking into it!!!---very odd indeed--fake ids definitely a possibility--or he was staying with people so never really had stuff in his name in VA or NC---still feels like he has bodies in VA and NC, using that stereotypical creeper van--if not, his CT kills were a very quick kill rate for starting out

Had this thought:

What if William Devin Howell is innocent?

One of the recent 4 victims found in CT was a transgender:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/willi...y-martinez-mary-jane-menard-melanie-camilini/

"Another victim, Janice Roberts, was identified on May 13. She was a transgender woman who was previously known as Daniel Whistnant."

So here we have a cluster of 3 victims found in 2007 (all victims drug addicted woman, at least one of them a prostitue)
And now may 2015, a new cluster of 4, one of them a transgender. (The transgender victim was a prostitute, don't know about the other 3 victims, 2 of the victims still not IDed, the one IDed, Melanie Camilini was also a drug addict )

Thinking of LISK victim Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25 being of Norwich, Connecticut and disappeared July 9, 2007, and victim "John Doe" Also discovered on Gilgo Beach dressed in womans clothes (transgender?), makes one go hmmm, thinking that IF WDH is innocent, could the LISK and the CT SK be the same person???

Recent May 2015 discovered and IDed Victim: Melanie Camilini hight was 62 iches (157.5 cm)
Recent May 2015 discovered and IDed Victim: Daniel Whistnant hight was 5'10" (177.5)

2007 discovered and IDed victim : Mary Jane Menard hight was 64 inches (162.5 cm)
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Diane Cusack hight was 64 inches (162.5 cm)
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Joyvaline Martinez hight was 65 inches (165cm)
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Nilsa Arizmendi hight was 64 inches (162.5cm)

So ALL woman was pretty petite (just like the LISK victims)
The transgender male was avarege for a male but very tall as a woman.

Recent May 2015 discovered and IDed Victim: Melanie Camilini last seen : January, 2003 Waterbery, Connecticut
Recent May 2015 discovered and IDed Victim: Daniel Whistnant last seen : June 25, 2003, New Britain, Connecticut

2007 discovered and IDed victim : Joyvaline Martinez last seen : March 29, 2004, Hartford , Connecticut
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Mary Jane Menard last seen : October 04, 2003,New Britain, Connecticut
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Nilsa Arizmendi last seen : July 24, 2003, Wethersfield, Connecticut
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Diane Cusack last seen : late summer 2003, New Britain, Connecticut

And here in date chronological order:

Recent May 2015 discovered and IDed Victim: Melanie Camilini last seen : January, 2003 Waterbery, Connecticut
Recent May 2015 discovered and IDed Victim: Daniel Whistnant last seen: June 25, 2003, New Britain, Connecticut
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Nilsa Arizmendi last seen : July 24, 2003, Wethersfield, Connecticut
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Diane Cusack last seen : late summer 2003, New Britain, Connecticut
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Mary Jane Menard last seen : October 04, 2003,New Britain, Connecticut
2007 discovered and IDed victim : Joyvaline Martinez last seen : March 29, 2004, Hartford , Connecticut

Had this thought:

What if William Devin Howell is innocent?

One of the recent 4 victims found in CT was a transgender:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/willi...y-martinez-mary-jane-menard-melanie-camilini/

"Another victim, Janice Roberts, was identified on May 13. She was a transgender woman who was previously known as Daniel Whistnant."

So here we have a cluster of 3 victims found in 2007 (all victims drug addicted woman, at least one of them a prostitue)
And now may 2015, a new cluster of 4, one of them a transgender. (The transgender victim was a prostitute, don't know about the other 3 victims, 2 of the victims still not IDed, the one IDed, Melanie Camilini was also a drug addict )

Thinking of LISK victim Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25 being of Norwich, Connecticut and disappeared July 9, 2007, and victim "John Doe" Also discovered on Gilgo Beach dressed in womans clothes (transgender?), makes one go hmmm, thinking that IF WDH is innocent, could the LISK and the CT SK be the same person???

would be something to run with based on size and drug abuse of the vics, if they didn't have the blood evidence from arizmendi in his van and he told at least 1 inmate that he "beat the crap out of her" in the back of his van--although as of now she is the only vic he is forensically(at least publicly acknowledged) tied to--one blood sample from his van still not id'd

apparently NJ and GA as well

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back