KS - The Damage Done: the Rape & Molestation of Kellie and Kathie Henderson

From TM's link:

http://www.kansas.com/2010/12/19/1639958/girls-story-shows-how-broad-reach.html

"People have said many nice things," said Kathie Henderson, who is living with Shelly Vasey, the woman who called 911 and arranged her and her siblings' rescue five years ago.

"I've done a lot of thinking; one thing I have kind of changed about is how I feel about my oldest brother (Andrew Henderson). I mean, I still don't want to have anything to do with him. But I want to be a good Christian, and I now regret that I said I hoped that Andrew burns in hell."

Kellie, her twin sister, has not had any such change of heart. Andrew, in a letter published with the story series, said he was sorry and wanted to spend his life making things up to his sisters.

"He's a Christian now?" Kellie said. "I'm not buying it. And he said he did it partly because he was a victim too? His letter pissed me off. I sure haven't forgiven him. He had a choice of raping us or not raping us, and he raped us. All this talk about Christianity and forgiveness, including what Shelly has said, is upsetting me."

She wants to move on and dedicate her life in some way to helping people like those victims who wrote her directly this week.

"A few people have written to say 'this happened to me,' " Kellie said.

"I've told them I think it takes time, time to learn how to trust people again."

So a mixed reaction from the girls concerning his letter.

From TM's link:

http://www.kansas.com/2010/12/19/1639958/girls-story-shows-how-broad-reach.html

So a mixed reaction from the girls concerning his letter.

But Kathie is really saying she regrets saying she wished he would burn in hell because she wants to be a good Christian. That's not the same as saying she forgives him or that she was moved by his letter.

The main thing I hope at this point is that the two sisters can forge a loving, positive relationship and be assisted in leaving the blaming of each other behind. Easier said than done, I know.

Praying for all of them. :prayer:

I think that someone put the idea in Andrew's head that there was no issue with sexually molesting his sisters when he was 7/8. Perhaps he participated in assaulting his mother or dad suggested it to him. That is as blunt as I care to be, but this is what I believe.

There is no right or wrong for the girls and their reaction, I think. There is a huge right and wrong for the inmates in this case. Andrew is looking out for Andrew and pushing the buttons he knows how to push. JMVHO.

He is a sexual predator now-he is a danger who is learning to talk the talk as the rest of you have pointed out.

Kellie and Kathie Henderson first spoke of surviving years of sexual abuse by several family members in a Wichita newspaper series. Now their story and that of family, friends and professionals who vowed to rescue them will find a national stage on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" this week.

"The Oprah Winfrey Show" episode is scheduled to air on Tuesday.

http://www.ksallink.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=16202&format=html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back