Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a very strange, horrible story! First Max, and then Rebecca...

I'm not sure where the planking story started, but I highly doubt the kids were planking on the staircase. My kids plank and video tape it and post it to their youtube accounts, but I know they'd never try planking on a second story banister. My daughter is 13, another daughter 7 and my son is almost 6; and my niece is 15 and lives with us. I can see the kids sliding down the banister and falling. I can also see Max climbing the outside of the banisters and falling. My stairs are almost identical to those in the mansion (although I don't have a mansion), with a two story foyer and a chandelier hanging from the second story. The banister has been used for sliding down and the kids have been grounded and reprimanded for it. My almost 6 year old also climbed the outside of the banister all the way to the second floor and I had to stand in the foyer while the husband raced up the stairs to rescue him. It scared us all to death! I can also imagine a child trying to jump from the stairs and hang on the chandelier. I've seen it in kids movies and wouldn't put it past a child trying to re-enact that stunt. What a sad, sad story for Max... and for Rebecca. I cannot figure the Rebecca part out yet. Her grief over dropping her dog off is intriguing to me... why would she be so upset kenneling the dog for a short time while Max is still hospitalized. She died Wednesday and Max the following Sunday. Was she that grief stricken to take her own life? I don't feel JS or DS are directly involved, as it's in several of the linked MSM articles that they were by Max's bedside until he passed away. This is just strange, and so sad all the way around.

Maybe Max's dad asked her to move? I would have if she was watching my 6 year old. I have a six year old and while he is brave and does do things he shouldnt I would not be able NOT hold her responcible.

What will be interesting to see is who pays for her services. Burial and memorial.

also from article........

Ted Greenberg, owner of Camp Diggity Dogs on Imperial Avenue, said Zahau called his business on Monday afternoon asking if her Weimaraner could be boarded due to the boy’s fall

BBM perhaps the dog was involved in the accident?

A few thoughts: I was watching JVM earlier today with this fella's interview. He SEEMED to say Rebecca told him, during this convo about boarding the dog, the only other person home beside Rebecca and the boy was a 13 or 14 yr old daughter of Jonah's. Now, a link on the first page I read said this would be a step-sister to Max, from the 1st Wife. Now, let's assume we have 3 people home during the fall...

A few scenarios pop to mind: Would what happened to Rebecca be insurance that the third person isn't looked at in a negative light, did Rebecca know something, see something? Was there a fight between the half-siblings? Or was this retaliation for not watching the child, either from the mother or father, another? Certainly an interesting, tragic case. Suicide, I cannot believe, though...not like this.

With a powerful man it doesn't matter where they are physically located...their power extends like tentacles, imo.

"Rebecca was a beautiful, vibrant, loving and kind person and she would never do this to herself," Zahau's sister Mary Zahau-Loehner told ABC News.

The sisters spoke the night before Zahau died, she said, and Rebecca talked about her plans for the following day.

"She was going to call mom and dad the next morning and text me throughout the day with updates on Max," said Zahau-Loehner. "She was very hopeful. She had to be strong and there for Jonah."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/spreckels-mansion-hanging-suicide-sister/story?id=14106680

I hope they check Rebecca for needle punctures. Nope not a suicide this way.

1..Ex-wife..could be assorted reasons she might want Rebecca gone.
2..or jonah's brother..could have tried to sexually assault Rebecca and she would have told Jonah.
3..business enemy.

Rebecca could have been sleeping in the buff when she was attacked..knocked out or whatever.. My prayers are with her family and with Maxie. This is an different kind of case.

hmm.that is strange

Did you watch JVM? Owner of the dog boarding business says that there was another woman there with Rebecca at the mansion. JVM said more after the break. Then the owner was not brought back on to tell who the woman was. Evidently was told by someone (police?) not to say anymore.

I heard him say it was the daughter...the teen daughter of Jonah from the first Wife, that Rebecca and she were there when Max fell and Rebecca was very upset. It aired where I am in Canada, not sure which hour. I'm moving and unpacking; times irrelevant, right now. ;) I watched it; he was brought back on...

ETA: To clarify, I heard him say it was the daughter of Jonah; I read upthread the two teen daughters were from the 1st marriage.

On July 11, police received a call from a woman at the mansion who they would not identify, requesting medical aid for Max.

The child "had fallen from stairs and was not breathing and did not have a pulse," Coronado Police Chief Louis Scanlon said last Thursday.

"They were together for two or three years and I think they were happy," she said. "She goes to that Coronado house with his kids, they go there in the summertime."
anyone have a link as to who made the 911 call for the child?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/spreckels-mansion-death-boy-max-schacknai-dies/story?id=14097880

According to police, on Monday, July 11, the Coronado Police Department received a 911 call at 10:10 a.m. from a distraught 13-year-old girl inside the Spreckels mansion. The caller told the 911 operator that a boy later identified as Max Shacknai had fallen down the home's grand staircase. When paramedics arrived, they discovered that the boy was not breathing and did not have a pulse. Also in the home at the time, said police, was an adult female, reportedly Nalepa.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...man-hanging-coronado-california-mystery_n.htm

This electrical cord, is it an extension cord, a cord that plugged into a gaget?
What exactly is an electrical cord if not?

IMO

As another poster said, an electrical cord is a male trait. Meaning, why would a woman pick an electrical cord to tie herself up with (bound or otherwise). A scarf, robe tie, tape -- but electrical cord?? You can easily tie your hands and legs with a scarf or robe tie...but she would have to go get a cord to tie herself with. I doubt an orange cord would be handy in the bedroom. We have one, but it's only used in the garage -- not something you would keep as an extension cord in such a stately home. Where did the cord come from? Where was it stored? hmmmm....

MOO - thanks.

Mel

Around 4:30 p.m., just hours after the incident, Ted Greenberg, the owner of San Diego-based Camp Diggity Dogs, received a call from Nalepa, who explained that her son was injured in a fall and she needed the dog-boarding service to pick up her 14-month-old Weimaraner pup so she could go to the hospital.

“I spoke to her numerous times,” said Greenberg. “She was definitely upset.”

Greenberg told The Daily Beast that she was “very quiet and calm, almost like someone was asleep in the house.

Later in the evening, Nalepa’s sister Mary Zahau-Loehner told ABC News that she spoke to her sister and that she was “normal, fine, just getting ready to go to bed."

That same night, a neighbor reportedly heard loud music coming from the mansion. San Diego County Sheriff’s Sergeant Frank wouldn’t comment on the report, adding only that “sometimes it comes down to perception.”

SO...did someone turn up the music so she would not be heard, if it was homicide? I wonder what time that 'loud music' started and ended. I'd start my search there.

Why was she quiet? Was she trying not to be heard? Was she saying something she felt shouldn't?

She never made it to the hospital, did she? Anyone have a link? He talked to her "numerous times", why? Was she waiting for something? A few questions that come to mind...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...d-rebecca-nalepa-son-max-die-within-days.html

This electrical cord, is it an extension cord, a cord that plugged into a gaget?
What exactly is an electrical cord if not?

IMO

Remember, we have not one electrical cord, but two. One that bound the wrists, and one the ankles (or unbound - whichever media report you want to refer to). The presser defintely said she wasn't hogtied (refer to earlier post for presser link).

So Rebecca has 2 separate and distinct cords on her body. One appears to be quite long if you look at the pictures.

My guess is that once the knots themselves are tied in a re-enactement, it will show the cords were applied to the body by a 2nd party. Just my opinion of course.

MOO

Mel

I'm just going by what I would do, and not what the father would do. But if he stayed in the hospital with his son, HIPPA rules would appy. The minute he left the hospital to sleep elsewhere, that information could/would be released.

I really think he was at his sons bedside until he passed -- I can't think of any other scenario for him or Dina to leave -- even if for lunch. I know I sure wouldn't. :(

Just my opinion.

Mel

I think the reporting on this case is all over the place and we are missing vital pieces of information to work out what really happenend.

No one has come out and confirmed who was at the house with max and rebecca, and in some of the reporting the name of the other person is being kept a secret at the moment, the pet person has been reported as saying he was told to keep it a secret. We have reporting that it was Rebeccas sister, then the 13 year old daughter and another saying another undisclosed woman.

We havent been told how she died, some reporting saying it was very violent and suspicious, some say by suffocation. Alot of reporting has her laying face down, when in the photos it is evident she was either on her side or face up.

The way max died is also being reported as either near the staircase, off the staircase and may or may not have something to do with the chandelier.

To me both cases are suspicous and something has me wondering about the 3rd person and why they were removed so quickly. (this also has been reported as either left before the accident or was the person who called 911, and then other reporting has rebecca calling 911).

Too many secrets and I am sure both deaths are going to be because of some family dispute gone wrong.

Yes, and I also find it odd that JS has had nothing to say about the death of his girlfriend. Lots to say about his son, but nothing about Rebecca, to my knowledge.

I don't find it odd at all. If something were to happen to both my husband and my son in the same week...I would be so heavily medicated, I doubt I would be capable of SAYING anything. I'm sure the statement was released by a spokesperson and not penned by his parents. imo

Granted... I am on the heartless end of the spectrum. But my husband would not even be on my radar.

I also factor in that he is issuing JOINT statements with his ex wife. This is about his son. I don't think his child's mother would appreciate him throwing in something about his girlfriend.

He may at some point issue his own statement about both deaths. But for now, he's likely in shock.

Her Body could have hit the table then bounced to the ground. I would think that it would have been difficult to cut her down. Sometimes dogs have a good
sense about them. I am wondering if DS could have done this..woman stole her man..she may be blaming her for sons death.. He had no reason to kill her. She was just a g-friend not a wife. He could have made her leave the mansion. would like to see knots used to bind hands and feet.

If you thought that somebody was negligent and led to the death of your child or had murdered them...

Would you go to their house before the child was even dead...
somehow subdue them
strip them naked if they aren't already
bind their ankles and wrists
put a noose around their neck
then heave them over a balcony?

I would just go in with whatever weapon was handy... (baseball bat, knife, gun, candlestick, my bare hands...) and beat the freaking $#!t out of the person.

There would not be any methodical planning involved.
I would snap and it would be violent, impulsive and messy.

This doesn't seem like an angry mother to me. Although, this mother also has more of a Psyche background than most... which could have some impact I guess.

Still... I don't think either parent did this. I don't think they had time to go from mourning to anger. Max wasn't even dead yet. They were focused on their dying son I believe.

I've heard so many differing reports on how she was bound... Can someone tell me if it has been confirmed that her hands WERE tied behind her back? TIA

I disagree.
Her legs appear to be bound with the same orange cord that is around her neck.

I should have said "bound together." Her legs are clearly apart, but something is definitely on them.

Granted... I am on the heartless end of the spectrum. But my husband would not even be on my radar.

I also factor in that he is issuing JOINT statements with his ex wife. This is about his son. I don't think his child's mother would appreciate him throwing in something about his girlfriend.

He may at some point issue his own statement about both deaths. But for now, he's likely in shock.

If you thought that somebody was negligent and led to the death of your child or had murdered them...

Would you go to their house before the child was even dead...
somehow subdue them
strip them naked if they aren't already
bind their ankles and wrists
put a noose around their neck
then heave them over a balcony?

I would just go in with whatever weapon was handy... (baseball bat, knife, gun, candlestick, my bare hands...) and beat the freaking $#!t out of the person.

There would not be any methodical planning involved.
I would snap and it would be violent, impulsive and messy.

This doesn't seem like an angry mother to me. Although, this mother also has more of a Psyche background than most... which could have some impact I guess.

Still... I don't think either parent did this. I don't think they had time to go from mourning to anger. Max wasn't even dead yet. They were focused on their dying son I believe.

I totally agree with this post. I don't find it unusual JS hasn't released a statement about RN's death. He doesn't owe it to anybody. It's his private loss - not anything that would be published to the world.

And yes, if RN's death was retaliation for Max, the obvious cause of death would be more violent - and quick. This cause of death certainly seems like suicide (but of course things don't make sense) or at the hands of a man.

And I don't think for 1 second either parent left the hospital while Max was there.

I've heard so many differing reports on how she was bound... Can someone tell me if it has been confirmed that her hands WERE tied behind her back? TIA

Reports have said various things. If you look at the fox5 photos though, you can see her legs spread but her arms appear to be under her body. They are not laying out next to her or visible in the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22