17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had him at gunpoint while he lay dying on the ground? :cry:

I know they have to be safe, but that's sad!

What about the shooter, the guy with the gun? Did they have him at gunpoint at the beginning?

Dershowitz doesn't mince words, lol.....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/dershowitz-trayvon-prosecutor-overreached-with-murder-charge/

Dershowitz: Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case overreached with murder charge

“If I were this prosecutor, I’d be hiring a lawyer at this point,” Dershowitz said of Angela Cory, the Florida state attorney and special prosecutor who Gov. Rick Scott appointed to handle the case.

Dershowitz leveled his bombshell charges in an interview Wednesday with Fox News' Megyn Kelly. The Harvard law professor, noted for winning an acquittal of Claus Von Bulow in the case that inspired the film “Reversal of Fortune,” said Cory overreached by charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder. And he said the affidavit she filed in support of the charges was illegal because it did not include evidence favorable to Zimmerman.

“This affidavit submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a crime.”

Wow! Those are strong words IMO.

I think the prosecutor over charged as well. I don't think they will ever get a 2nd degree murder conviction.

JMO

He was an adorable kid. But that whole Reuters story lacks sources throughout and is clearly biased. Was that part of the deal to get the photos? I don't recall reading an in-depth article with so little in the way of crediting sources!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Look at that sweet face. A pic of George at around the same age as Trayvon was killed.

What I would like to know is why both George and this "photographer" were not held at gunpoint? How would LE know who the shooter was until they had everything secure and could sort everything out?

It's just all weird to me.

MOO

Me too ! and if this person were there with GZ when LE arrived why isn't that in their reports ? :waitasec:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/dershowitz-trayvon-prosecutor-overreached-with-murder-charge/

“If I were this prosecutor, I’d be hiring a lawyer at this point,” Dershowitz said of Angela Cory, the Florida state attorney and special prosecutor who Gov. Rick Scott appointed to handle the case.

Dershowitz leveled his bombshell charges in an interview Wednesday with Fox News' Megyn Kelly. The Harvard law professor, noted for winning an acquittal of Claus Von Bulow in the case that inspired the film “Reversal of Fortune,” said Cory overreached by charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder. And he said the affidavit she filed in support of the charges was illegal because it did not include evidence favorable to Zimmerman.

“This affidavit submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a crime.”

Just goes to show how even a professor can be really wrong.

Wow! Those are strong words IMO.

I think the prosecutor over charged as well. I don't think they will ever get a 2nd degree murder conviction.

JMO

To be fair, if you watch the video, he says it's contingent on the prosecution knowing about the picture and not having included in in the PC affidavit. The quotes are taken somewhat out of context (for sensationalism, I presume).

It's an opinion piece. When Dershowitz comes to Florida and takes a look at the case file, then he can offer his opinion. Until then, it's meaningless.

~jmo~

It wasn't EMTs conducting the initial CPR, it was officers. Likely, with Smith covering them (according to the report, he had Zimmerman at gunpoint, while the two others were trying to assess/resuscitate Martin). Another officer showed up and relieved the officer doing compressions, and at that point it's possible that a more formal dispersing of onlookers could occur. EMTs were on scene only after more officers arrived. It's all in the police report.

It's not a big deal as far as I can see, but Zimmerman was secured when Ayala arrived. According to the SPD Event Report, Officer Ayala arrived at 19:19:52 or almost 7:20 pm. EMT's pronounced TM dead at 7:30 after some unspecified period of attempts to revive him. No way from the report to know how long SPD vs the EMT's made their attempts, but either way, SPD's efforts only involved a matter of minutes.

TMAyalaArrival.png

TMAyalaArrival1.png

It's an opinion piece. When Dershowitz comes to Florida and takes a look at the case file, then he can offer his opinion. Until then, it's meaningless.

~jmo~

So basically no TH should offer their opinion, considering not one of them has looked at the case file except the prosecutors.

I don't disagree, I just wish everyone had this mentality.

I haven't bothered to look, nor do I intend to, but he must have a new book coming out.

He used to have at least two new books a year and I haven't really heard much from him in a couple of years it seems. He would appear with his opinion, if the TV shows would let him plug his latest book. IMO.

Yeah. I rank it right up there with, when, 20 years from now, we read;
"Jose Baez, noted for freeing Casey Anthony said......."

:floorlaugh:

It's not a big deal as far as I can see, but Zimmerman was secured when Ayala arrived. According to the SPD Event Report, Officer Ayala arrived at 19:19:52 or almost 7:20 pm. EMT's pronounced TM dead at 7:30 after some unspecified period of attempts to revive him. No way from the report to know how long SPD vs the EMT's made their attempts, but either way, SPD's efforts only involved a matter of minutes.

TMAyalaArrival.png

TMAyalaArrival1.png
I'm not entirely sure what "secure" meant in that context (whether he was actually disarmed and cuffed, or just contained at gunpoint), and I would assume that Smith would have stayed with him and walked him to his car (but the two officers were giving CPR, so I would like to think he stayed at the scene with Zimmerman until they got backup).

Bring out the bombast. Does he need the publicity?

~jmo~
It being his opinion doesn't make it untrue. If the prosecution knew about exculpatory evidence they failed to disclose in the affidavit, it's still a crime. He is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member