Clever or Lucky?

Clever or Lucky

• Total voters
Are you sure they weren't semi-hardened?

How do you mean?

Define the difference.

Okay. To my mind, what separates a hardened criminal from a first-timer is exactly that: experience. A hardened criminal is inured to committing crimes. Very little remorse. No real desire to make an attempt at honest life. Has been in prison at least once before, and has no real desire to go back, yet has no appreciable fear of it.

Contrast that with an amateur, especially one with no real forethought about it. They rush. They make mistakes.

Don't you get it?

Just WHAT am I supposed to get?

How are you qualified to figure out what they should or shouldn't be thinking?

I'm not. I'm just going by what those more qualified have said.

And, BTW, if you look closely, you hand them all kinds of credit with hardened criminal capabilities.

I realize it must seem that way. You're not telling me anything I don't know.

You need to step back and take a good, hard and very long look at what you offer here. If you will, and you won't, you could end up learning some important things.

What makes you think I haven't? I wish other people would take a good look at what I have to offer.

Fang, I'll level with you: I'm well aware the limitations of my theory. I just happen to think that my theory is LESS ridiculous than the alternative. Some time ago, I quoted Arthur Conan-Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. I shall do so again:

"When you eliminate the impossible, that which remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

I'd also like to say that when you and MurriFlower decide to get serious, you do very well for yourselves. And if it turns out that I'm wrong, I'd have to say that your ideas seem like the best ones. In fact, let me go a bit further.

My mother, RIP, seemed to think similarly to how you do, to a degree. Except her suspect was someone nobody's thought of: Pam Paugh. Any thoughts?

How did Pat reach the stick that locked the wine-cellar door?

I thought it wasn't that high off the ground. No?

Oh kind lord and Master, thou art full of mercy and knowledge. We thank thee for thine most kind admission of our mere existence and especially for thine kinds words as to our humble strivings to offer something non-offensive to thee, the Great One. Amen and amen.

Come off it, man. Don't embarrass yourself.

And, BTW, if you look closely, you hand them all kinds of credit with hardened criminal capabilities. WF

I realize it must seem that way. You're not telling me anything I don't know. SD

Why do you think it looks that way?

How tall was P?

Standard doors are 6' 8" high.

So far 100% reckon they're just lucky, no one has voted for clever. Let's see, can we make a list of their luck in order of importance? I'll start....

1. Incompetent Cops
2. Corrupt DA
3. Stupid Coroner
4. Superhero Attorney(s)
5. Useless Experts
6. Suspect Collusion (lucky or clever??)
7. No witnesses
8. Using a pen that distorted writing (sharpie) (lucky or clever??)
9. The pediatrician not bothering to conduct a vaginal exam
10.The hardware store losing their sales records.

Ok, this is going real good. Looking forward to the next instalment.

I think this is a fine compilation.

Hi Dave! Let's look at it the other way for a moment. If IDI, do you think he was lucky or clever? He was extremely clever throughout the whole crime, right up until he took those pesky gloves off in order to touch the long johns. You think he forgot himself for a moment after all those hours in the Ramsey home?

Hey, Beck.

Let's look at it the other way for a moment. If IDI, do you think he was lucky or clever? He was extremely clever throughout the whole crime, right up until he took those pesky gloves off in order to touch the long johns. You think he forgot himself for a moment after all those hours in the Ramsey home?

Well, if it was IDI, then he was either incredibly clever or the gods truly do look out for fools. In order for IDI to have done this, they'd have to know everything there was to know. They'd have to have clothes that didn't shed, and yes, they'd have to wear gloves. That's Break-in 101 right there.

As for forgetting himself for a moment, no I don't buy that for a minute, and let me tell you why: the only motive I can possibly think for doing that, was that the guy was such a monstrous pedophile, he couldn't help but touch her with his naked hands. But IF that were the case, there's no way JB's private area itself would not have been fondled, and there's even less chance that any sexual attack on her would have been anything less than gruesome. That didn't happen. JB's vaginal injury was almost an afterthought.

Hey, Beck.

Well, if it was IDI, then he was either incredibly clever or the gods truly do look out for fools. In order for IDI to have done this, they'd have to know everything there was to know. They'd have to have clothes that didn't shed, and yes, they'd have to wear gloves. That's Break-in 101 right there.

As for forgetting himself for a moment, no I don't buy that for a minute, and let me tell you why: the only motive I can possibly think for doing that, was that the guy was such a monstrous pedophile, he couldn't help but touch her with his naked hands. But IF that were the case, there's no way JB's private area itself would not have been fondled, and there's even less chance that any sexual attack on her would have been anything less than gruesome. That didn't happen. JB's vaginal injury was almost an afterthought.

You are exactly right. When I try to think IDI, I can't even come up with a reasonable motive. For those who believe it was to destroy JR, I would have to say "too bad" it didn't work. Yes, JR was devastated by JB's death, but it by no means destroyed him. If someone that devious and clever had been in the house that night they had the power to not only destroy him but to annihilate his whole family!

You are exactly right. When I try to think IDI, I can't even come up with a reasonable motive.

No single motive explains this crime, IDI-wise.

For those who believe it was to destroy JR, I would have to say "too bad" it didn't work. Yes, JR was devastated by JB's death, but it by no means destroyed him. If someone that devious and clever had been in the house that night they had the power to not only destroy him but to annihilate his whole family!

:clap:

You are exactly right. When I try to think IDI, I can't even come up with a reasonable motive. For those who believe it was to destroy JR, I would have to say "too bad" it didn't work. Yes, JR was devastated by JB's death, but it by no means destroyed him. If someone that devious and clever had been in the house that night they had the power to not only destroy him but to annihilate his whole family!

Hi Joe,
this reminded me of a movie I saw recently (Crimes of the past).At the end the russian tells the ex-cia agent "If I kill you,you only die once and that's not enough for me.If I kill your daughter,you'll die every day."

Maybe JR didn't seem destroyed on TV.We don't know how he really took it behind the scenes.

Hi Dave! Let's look at it the other way for a moment. If IDI, do you think he was lucky or clever? He was extremely clever throughout the whole crime, right up until he took those pesky gloves off in order to touch the long johns. You think he forgot himself for a moment after all those hours in the Ramsey home?

The DNA and WHERE it was found is the ONLY thing that IMO points to a pedo or someone fixated on JB,nothing else does.My only explanation for it is he NEEDED to touch her and didn't care about the risk,the fantasy finally became true.THE moment.

Hi Joe,
this reminded me of a movie I saw recently (Crimes of the past).At the end the russian tells the ex-cia agent "If I kill you,you only die once and that's not enough for me.If I kill your daughter,you'll die every day."

Maybe JR didn't seem destroyed on TV.We don't know how he really took it behind the scenes.

Well we know he wasn't too worried about intruders after the death of JonBenet.

Well we know he wasn't too worried about intruders after the death of JonBenet.

madeleine said:
You all seem to know him so well.

If we could put the sarcasm aside for a moment, all we have to go on is his public behavior. And as far as that goes, he certainly has not ACTED like he was too worried about them. Just to give you a short list:

--going on all of those vacations--some to foreign countries--often leaving BR alone

--And then there's the alleged Atlanta "break-in" I tried to get people to talk about, where JR, by his own admission, claims a thief got into the house through a door that he left WIDE OPEN. (Not that I buy that story for a minute, mind you. For a lot of different reasons.) True or not, it doesn't do much for his claim to be worried about intruders. Especially since in 1998, PR said that if she had it all to do over again, she'd have made the house like a fortress.

I'm sorry, maddy, but from what is out there for us to examine, Linda is right.

And I'm kind of at a loss to figure out where you're coming from. You brought up their seeming lack of feeling yourself.

The DNA and WHERE it was found is the ONLY thing that IMO points to a pedo or someone fixated on JB,nothing else does.

I would agree with that, at least to a point. Indeed, that's one of the big red flags in this case: real crime scenes are not inconsistent.

My only explanation for it is he NEEDED to touch her and didn't care about the risk,the fantasy finally became true.THE moment.

I've heard that argument before, maddy. But as I told joe:

But IF that were the case, there's no way JB's private area itself would not have been fondled, and there's even less chance that any sexual attack on her would have been anything less than gruesome. That didn't happen. JB's vaginal injury was almost an afterthought.

It opens up problems of its own.

You all seem to know him so well.

Do you?

We can only base our opinions on what we see. We saw him (allegedly) leave his Atlanta house unlocked, resulting in an (alleged) break-in. This happened after an (alleged) intruder came into his Boulder house and assaulted and "kidnapped" his daughter to the basement, and killed her.

Hi Guys

While you all have been going about your normal business, I've been using my self imposed 'time out' to work on clues.

I'm not going to debate the pros and cons of this, I haven't either the time or the energy to continue trying to convince any of you who have already know who did it.

So, this is for anyone who still has an open mind about this case.

Take a look at the photo of the blanket in the wine cellar I've been working on. Remember there was a piece of what looked like silver/grey tape stuck on it? Well, in this enhanced photo you can also clearly see some cord that goes around the bottom right corner of the blanket and back to what appears to be something in a fold in the blanket (another stick perhaps?). Although it isn't as clear, there could also be another piece of cord around the other corner (bottom right). Interesting eh?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=10586

If this link is blocked, you can look at the album on my page. So it appears that the blanket may have been tied to JBR with cord? Any ideas??

Hi Guys

While you all have been going about your normal business, I've been using my self imposed 'time out' to work on clues.

I'm not going to debate the pros and cons of this, I haven't either the time or the energy to continue trying to convince any of you who have already know who did it.

So, this is for anyone who still has an open mind about this case.

Take a look at the photo of the blanket in the wine cellar I've been working on. Remember there was a piece of what looked like silver/grey tape stuck on it? Well, in this enhanced photo you can also clearly see some cord that goes around the bottom right corner of the blanket and back to what appears to be something in a fold in the blanket (another stick perhaps?). Although it isn't as clear, there could also be another piece of cord around the other corner (bottom right). Interesting eh?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1224&pictureid=10586

If this link is blocked, you can look at the album on my page. So it appears that the blanket may have been tied to JBR with cord? Any ideas??

All I see are shadows in the creases of the folds. I do not see any cord. I would hardly call that an enhanced photo. For one, if that cord appears in the crime photo, that meant someone in LE had photographed it, and it would have been taken into evidence with the blanket and tape, and we would know about it. Also, don't forget that JR was not alone in that wineceller with his daughter's body. FW was right behind him. They were in there seconds, not minutes. Don't you think JR would have mentioned if he'd had to unwind cord from her body? And don't you think FW would have seen this? For JR do actually have done everything he said he did (untape her legs, give CPR, try to untie her wrists) to add unwind more cord from the blanket wrapped around her would have taken FAR longer than the time he actually spent down there.

If we could put the sarcasm aside for a moment, all we have to go on is his public behavior. And as far as that goes, he certainly has not ACTED like he was too worried about them. Just to give you a short list:

--going on all of those vacations--some to foreign countries--often leaving BR alone

--And then there's the alleged Atlanta "break-in" I tried to get people to talk about, where JR, by his own admission, claims a thief got into the house through a door that he left WIDE OPEN. (Not that I buy that story for a minute, mind you. For a lot of different reasons.) True or not, it doesn't do much for his claim to be worried about intruders. Especially since in 1998, PR said that if she had it all to do over again, she'd have made the house like a fortress.

I'm sorry, maddy, but from what is out there for us to examine, Linda is right.

And I'm kind of at a loss to figure out where you're coming from. You brought up their seeming lack of feeling yourself.

1.It wasn't sarcasm,it's sad actually.
2.Their seeming lack of feeling on tv yes but I have no idea how they reacted in private.Do you?Maybe they cried,maybe they laughed,dunno,at least I don't pretend to know for SURE what happened.
There are indeed some things about their behaviour that make no sense.Does that mean PDI?NO.It could mean JR has a clue re who did it and won't say.Why?Now THAT would be interesting to find out.Maybe it was blackmail,you know I killed her but if you tell I've got some things to tell about you too.
There are two things I find weird.Them calling 911 when the RN clearly said NOT to call LE or she will be executed.And another thing.You guys always blame them for pointing fingers at everybody.This is interesting though,that they actually never said,I FEEL that it was X or it must have been Y BECAUSE...they never had a valid suspect.You will say it's because they did it.But what if you're wrong,what if they didn't but know who.This COULD explain their behaviour.BDI could explain it very well as well.So can JARDI.
Maybe you still don't get it.I don't have a problem with RDI,I have a problem with "PDI is guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT,which is absurd IMO given the (poor) evidence we have,and with people KNOWING FOR SURE that this or that happened.
I don't know whether they were devastated or happy in private,I wasn't there.I can judge what I saw on tv or in the papers,which is maybe not the real thing anyway.

Madeleine, I agree with what you are saying. I think a lot of RDI's do as well. If there are those that believe with certainty that PDI, well, I'm just not one of them.
I guess I could be called a fence sitter on which "one" I believe it was. That being said, I do believe there are only four choices as to the "who": JR/PR/BR/JAR. I have always believed that there is more to the story of John hiring an attorney for his ex-wife.
You can believe it wasn't to protect her, but himself or JAR.

1.It wasn't sarcasm,it's sad actually.

Sure sounded like it. But it's neither here nor there, so we'll forget about it. All I'm saying is that, from what is out there for us the public to examine, the rhetoric does not match the reality. One cannot help but be reminded of OJ Simpson promising to track down the real killers, then searching for them on all the golf courses he can find.

Actions speak louder than words, do they not?

2.Their seeming lack of feeling on tv yes but I have no idea how they reacted in private.Do you?Maybe they cried,maybe they laughed,dunno,at least I don't pretend to know for SURE what happened.

Neither do I. You may be right.

There are indeed some things about their behaviour that make no sense.Does that mean PDI?NO.It could mean JR has a clue re who did it and won't say.Why?Now THAT would be interesting to find out.Maybe it was blackmail,you know I killed her but if you tell I've got some things to tell
about you too.

I think there is a lot of merit to what you say. In fact, maybe someone should open a thread on it?

There are two things I find weird.Them calling 911 when the RN clearly said NOT to call LE or she will be executed.

Hear, hear!

And another thing.You guys always blame them for pointing fingers at everybody.This is interesting though,that they actually never said,I FEEL that it was X or it must have been Y BECAUSE...they never had a valid suspect.You will say it's because they did it.But what if you're wrong,what if they didn't but know who.This COULD explain their behaviour.BDI could explain it very well as well.So can JARDI.

Good points.

Maybe you still don't get it.I don't have a problem with RDI,I have a problem with "PDI is guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT,which is absurd IMO given the (poor) evidence we have,and with people KNOWING FOR SURE that this or that happened.

I understand where you're coming from, madeleine; even if it may seem like I don't.

I don't know whether they were devastated or happy in private,I wasn't there.I can judge what I saw on tv or in the papers,which is maybe not the real thing anyway.

I guess that's what I'm saying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back