TX TX - Corsicana, near Chambers Creek, UnsFem 2-5, 1052UFTX, clothes, May'77

Hi, Welcome,Judy, I have posted this little girl on my missing kids site www.geocities.com/kidmissing . I have given you credit for what I quoted.
Gabby, can I post a link on my site to your pics of her gravesite? I so hope we can help give her her name back and put the monster who did this in prison.

definately use my pictures. no problem:blowkiss:

2 more years and still nothing! The Daily Sun never ran an article. Was going through the Doe Network last night and found these.

Tiffani Wise
Brandi Summers
Sheri Lynn Johnson
Julie Ann Guthrie

You may also want to look at some missing people from charleyproject.org.

There definitely appears to be a pattern with those cases. It could go a long way in putting together an MO for a serial killer, abducting young girls, drowning them, and then leaving them in moving water (ie rivers, streams).

I knew her. Yes, Shelley Watkins.... I don't think it was the husband... I think it was the father in law.

I use to work at the DA's office where this case is on file. My last day there in Dec. 2007 I asked and was allowed to go through 4 boxes of files that were on the very top shelf in the file room. There are more boxes but they are housed at a different location across town so these 4 boxes is all that I saw but these 4 boxes included Grand Jury testimony, autopsy, field notes from Investigators, TX Rangers, photos,.....

Grand Jury testimony of the father-in-law is a joke. When asked simple questions such as his name his reply was "what do you mean?" or "I need to speak with my Attorney before answering." I AM NOT JOKING... After whispering with his Attorney he would answer with a question such as "do you want my full name including middle?" Meticulously detailed with his very short answers.

Personally knowing this family what I "think" is that it was a family argument over Shelley being out on the lake after dark on jet ski's, drunk & with a teenage niece, worrying everyone about their safety, a holiday where everyone was intoxicated at the lake house. One Jet Ski had run out of gas so one had to pull the other back to shore which is why they returned after dark. Family rule was no jet ski's after dark, this rule was mentioned quite often in Grand Jury testimony.

Once they returned and everyone realized they were safe, worry turned to anger. Maybe she was shoved and fell and hit her head....no way to truly know but I do feel it was an accident that the family then tried to cover up to protect the kids/wealth/name/status (your choice) in the community.

Shelley was a Rebel, haha,,, it is easy for me to picture her bucking other family rules and perhaps in their drunken state, animosity grew and other incidents were brought up and everything got out of control. I must mention that I do not feel that the father-in-law was present during the accidental death but was called after the fact and possibly the mastermind of the cover up along with the help of a veteran police officer.

2 more years and still nothing! The Daily Sun never ran an article. Was going through the Doe Network last night and found these.

Tiffani Wise
Brandi Summers
Sheri Lynn Johnson
Julie Ann Guthrie

Going back through my notes,,,I'm pretty sure the Navarro County Sheriff's office ruled out Tiffani Wise and Brandi Summers.

I use to work at the DA's office where this case is on file. My last day there in Dec. 2007 I asked and was allowed to go through 4 boxes of files that were on the very top shelf in the file room. There are more boxes but they are housed at a different location across town so these 4 boxes is all that I saw but these 4 boxes included Grand Jury testimony, autopsy, field notes from Investigators, TX Rangers, photos,.....

Grand Jury testimony of the father-in-law is a joke. When asked simple questions such as his name his reply was "what do you mean?" or "I need to speak with my Attorney before answering." I AM NOT JOKING... After whispering with his Attorney he would answer with a question such as "do you want my full name including middle?" Meticulously detailed with his very short answers.

Personally knowing this family what I "think" is that it was a family argument over Shelley being out on the lake after dark on jet ski's, drunk & with a teenage niece, worrying everyone about their safety, a holiday where everyone was intoxicated at the lake house. One Jet Ski had run out of gas so one had to pull the other back to shore which is why they returned after dark. Family rule was no jet ski's after dark, this rule was mentioned quite often in Grand Jury testimony.

Once they returned and everyone realized they were safe, worry turned to anger. Maybe she was shoved and fell and hit her head....no way to truly know but I do feel it was an accident that the family then tried to cover up to protect the kids/wealth/name/status (your choice) in the community.

Shelley was a Rebel, haha,,, it is easy for me to picture her bucking other family rules and perhaps in their drunken state, animosity grew and other incidents were brought up and everything got out of control. I must mention that I do not feel that the father-in-law was present during the accidental death but was called after the fact and possibly the mastermind of the cover up along with the help of a veteran police officer.

I read this and thought wow. Growing up I read Molly Ivins and Jim Hightower and respected both tremendously. I remember crying when learning Molly Ivins died. I'd read her stuff and think are you serious, thats deep. I even have family from Texas but have never been. They are kinda out there as well but great people. Working for Pd in Missour and we have had our share of cover ups (towing scandal, etc. ) but homicide not in my time.

I don't think that this child is Julie Guthrie, Julie's Guthrie case and that of her brother and mother seems to me that it is a mother hiding out from and abusive husband or boyfriend. But back to the unknown little girl, could she have come from another country somewhere outside the United States and her family members don't know if she dead, or what if the child's parents are dead too, could the detectives in her case check through the database to see if her DNA match any unidentified bodies of females found in and around that time

Sometimes I feel as though I am the only person in the whole world that ever thinks of this little girl. How I wish that someone in LE of this community would take another look. Science has come so far since then.

I am moving to Nashville, TN this week but I'll still continue to search missing children in hopes of identifying her.

Sometimes I feel as though I am the only person in the whole world that ever thinks of this little girl. How I wish that someone in LE of this community would take another look. Science has come so far since then.

I am moving to Nashville, TN this week but I'll still continue to search missing children in hopes of identifying her.

Let's make sure you aren't the only one who cares about this precious child.

:rose: This is our featured cold case from 2/12 to 2/19/2012 :rose:

Let's make sure you aren't the only one who cares about this precious child.

:rose: This is our featured cold case from 2/12 to 2/19/2012 :rose:

Kim, It is nearly impossible to get anyone to even look at this. I have tried, JudyGirl has tried. I am the one who posted the pictures of this dear little girl. Anyone with more suggestions, I live close enough I could do legwork.

send me an Instant message and I'll get back with you.

BBM

Good luck with your move and your future endeavors--and thank you for all your hard work attempting to identify this little girl!!!

Some great sleuthing! My instinct tells me this child was from some distance from where the body was located, a neighboring state. If the recovery of the body was highly publicized (as I would suspect it was), *someone* within the vacinity would have come forward at minimum to state that they knew someone who was missing a child about that age? I think the body was delivered from out of state and deposited there. I don't agree with the theory of the indigent family not being able to afford burying her, that doesn't ring right. I also have a very strong instinct that this case will be solved! Judygirl, you are an earth Angel! Don't give up!

I wonder if the National Missing and Exploited children organization could persuade LE to at least put in a DNA sample.

Since the locals aren't interested, perhaps national media. Wasn't it Dateline that did a story about the I45 murders. Perhaps this could be a followup? Or America's most wanted.

Somebody!

I just took a quick look at the Visitor's info links for Corsicana, Texas. Looks like a lovely place to live, and I can't imagine that they wouldn't want to claim their little "Corsicana Angel", and help find her identify and name. She ended up in *their* back yard for a reason, and I would think they would want to put her soul to rest properly. I know Texans, and they are just that kind of people, good people. Not sure why this has malingered without an aggressive attempt at identification. Thank God for Websleuths, and bringing this to light!

Again, my best instincts tell me this is a child transported from either Louisiana, Arkansas, or Oklahoma and dumped in Corsicana. Why Corsicana? Two theories there. Someone who grew up there and moved to one of these states, or someone who came there on business frequently and knew the lay of the land. I'm going to see if I can find any news archives on girls fitting this description missing in those states during this timeframe. There are several major highways that lead out of Dallas/Corsicana that are straight shots to major hubs in those other states.

These are just my instincts and impressions.

I scanned through all missing females from 1974 - 77 in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas. Nothing close to the child. This would lead me to believe that following the death of the child the family moved to avoid questions of a missing child. Obviously they didn't report it. It couldn't have been an accidental death because they would have buried her lovingly, vs. disgarding her in this manner. So here's how I connect the dots....someone who lived or worked in or near Corsicana at one time and knew the lay of the land but moved away. (Otherwise the townspeople would have known a child was missing.) I wonder if the people of Corsicana can remember anyone who might fit this type of description? Small towns keep tabs on their present and past citizens. I really think this one is going to get solved. Even after all these years. If the child had siblings, perhaps a memory will get jarred and they will finally speak up. The adult perpetrator(s) in question would be at least 60 years old. The child would have been around 40 now if she had lived. Who moved rapidly and mysteriously around that time that was connected to that town? Let's figure this one out for the "Corsicana Angel"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back