What evidence does the prosecution have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Back to topic?

I am wondering what the club house tapes will show - I have to admit, I am anxious to see them. Normally they only show people coming into the gate and the immediate area of the clubhouse - and most are on a 36 hour loop, so hopefully they were pulled immediately. Again, I doubt it is a smoking gun since the only inconsistency Gilbreath pointed out was whether or not GZ moved off the sidewalk to shield his head.

BBM

Do you live there or is there a club house at every gate in a gated community? There isn't one at the other gate in this one. What are you basing this knowledge on? Dang I have a feeling I am asking one of those stupid questions like I did about the link but what the heck you got to ask questions to learn something.

The way it was worded it seems like they are having 2 separate fingerprint experts, one from Sanford and one from the FDLE. Makes me wonder if Corey found something that needed a different fingerprint expert on.

Could be, Doc. Or one entity might have tested item A while the other tested item B. Or...if the SP is going to cast doubt on the SPD investigation during trial (no idea how they're going to deal with that), they might have had all the evidence retested - backup examinations that might or might not show the same as SPD evidence exams?

Here is the WFTV link about the article.

AFAIK, that other link has not been permitted. Checking with other mods to make sure I have that right. Until then, I have removed the posts referencing the non-MSM link since it only cited the WFTV article.

Could be, Doc. Or one entity might have tested item A while the other tested item B. Or...if the SP is going to cast doubt on the SPD investigation during trial (no idea how they're going to deal with that), they might have had all the evidence retested - backup examinations that might or might not show the same as SPD evidence exams?
Yep, there is a lot to think about there. Dang them for just giving us a taste of the evidence and not all of it. LOL LOL

If his name is not on a lease agreement, he is not a "legitimate resident" of Twin Lakes. In fact, had GZ been a courtesy officer, and had he asked TM for his name, he'd have had to prove he lived there or was visiting. Those officers have access to resident records and his name would not have been there. He wouldn't have been listed on BG's lease either because he is not her child.

All that matters, as regards the bold, is they will not have proof that he is a resident, mainly because he wasn't.

I'm really not sure why it is being discussed whether or not TM was on the lease? I'm not familiar with the "courtesy officers" referenced above, but I would hope that we can at least all agree that TM had every right to be there?

I have never been in a gated community. I walked by one in Cali when I was hitchhiking through there.

Thank you, I thought it was a text. Sorry I have been watching the Tammi Smith trial and my brain is mush.

It was definitely on the phone, questioning during the mini-trial of a bail hearing brought it up, but GZ claimed not to remember.

I've been absent lately (finally graduated on Saturday!), but I am so happy to check in and see all of these "developments"!!!

BBM

Do you live there or is there a club house at every gate in a gated community? There isn't one at the other gate in this one. What are you basing this knowledge on? Dang I have a feeling I am asking one of those stupid questions like I did about the link but what the heck you got to ask questions to learn something.

Managing gated communities for a couple of decades. It's cost prohibitive to place cameras all over the property. It's been my experience that they only place them at entrances, exits, and amenities. In high and mid-rise, usually all the hallways, depending on the property class. A lot of the government housing offices are placing them around the leasing and management interior offices. The employees say they feel uncomfortable, but there's so much "he said, she said" when it comes to discrimination, it helps.

I've been absent lately (finally graduated on Saturday!), but I am so happy to check in and see all of these "developments"!!!

:woohoo: :takeabow: :congrats: :takeabow::woohoo:

BBM

Wonder if the clubhouse video will help the Feds understand what prompted George to label TM as a "real suspicious guy, on drugs or something, up to no good, and just looking about" all in the first 25 seconds of his 911 call?

The clubhouse video is coming out now, but I wonder if there are others. The sign on the gate refers to surveillance cameras. If they were concerned about crime, there should be additional cameras. I sell surveillance systems, they are not expensive, nor are they complicated to install. Look at how many crimes result in all kinds of video coming out. It is rare for people to get away with anything these days because video cameras are so prevalent. Could even be that some of the residents have their own surveillance cameras that might have captured something of value.

This appears to signal they have Martin's fingerprints on the gun or they don't have them or the gun was wiped. Where else might fingerprints be important in the case?

Five fire-rescue personnel are listed as witnesses. So are a fingerprints expert with Sanford police, and FDLE experts in the fields of firearms, DNA, trace evidence and fingerprints.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rosecutor-angela-corey-evidence-rachel-fugate

Trayvon's phone...the skittles, the iced tea, Trayvon's body...

Trayvon's phone...the skittles, the iced tea, Trayvon's body...

I'm not in the field of forensic fingerprinting, but something tells me getting a fingerprint off a body that's out in the rain probably isn't going to be very likely using the superglue fuming technique.

I'm not in the field of forensic fingerprinting, but something tells me getting a fingerprint off a body that's out in the rain probably isn't going to be very likely using the superglue fuming technique.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's possible, but it's 2012 so maybe it is...maybe it wouldn't be fingerprints, but some other kind of test.

BBM Yes, I believe you are correct.

This appears to signal they have Martin's fingerprints on the gun or they don't have them or the gun was wiped. Where else might fingerprints be important in the case?

Five fire-rescue personnel are listed as witnesses. So are a fingerprints expert with Sanford police, and FDLE experts in the fields of firearms, DNA, trace evidence and fingerprints.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rosecutor-angela-corey-evidence-rachel-fugate

I'm really not sure why it is being discussed whether or not TM was on the lease? I'm not familiar with the "courtesy officers" referenced above, but I would hope that we can at least all agree that TM had every right to be there?

I was replying to the poster reader, who wrote: "Trayvon's mother and father can testify he was staying in Sanford and that he was legitimately a resident."

I never said he didn't have a right to be there, he had every right to be there. I was just pointing out that witnesses testifying that he was a "legitimate resident", could be easily disproved. IMO, they would be saying this only to try and say GZ should have seen him before, which has been alluded to.

I've read that both the defense and state want certain witness information redacted. What if they want and agree to redact chunks of the actual witness accounts in the state's evidence vs. just identifying info? :eek:

I'm guessing we'd see a full-on media challenge if that were to happen. I think this case could end up being the biggest testing ground yet of the FL Sunshine Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk