Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is such confusion about her actions and movements during the two days - its infuriating. But if someone had her phone on Thursday - that person could be leading everyone on a wild goose chase about her movements. I doubt she didn't visit the hairdresser as that would be huge red flags - but who knows maybe her no show at salon is what clued police into the the time frame of when she dissappeared. (How many hubbies know when their wives hair appts are?)

But if we assume ABC went to the salon on Thurs to get prepared for her big day on Friday we at least have a time where someone (3rd party) saw her that day. Not something that has been forthcoming from the info. And she would have had to go home to change from her walking clothes ostensibly before the appt. (maybe not tho) So a busy day preparing on Thurs for Friday. I wonder if any of the guest lists are accessible for those conferences that were mentioned by the posters here.

maybe she went straight to the salon after work, then went home and changed into her running clothes, which seems odd, youd think she would just shower and get pjs on with a big day planned friday. or maybe she changed into running clothes when/if she picked the girls up from school and gave them their dinner then went to the apt with gerard? minding the girls?
her actions and schedule thursday are obviously key to this investigation, but police im sure have checked with all her usual contacts and appointments and just not releasing the info. when the police took items from the home one of them was a diary, she probably wrote everything down and had lists.

Peter Davis SC also worked on the Deidre Kennedy case (Raymond Carroll). VERY big case here in Qld. But don't read the details of the crime unless you have a strong stomach. This case still makes me think the justice system can really stink sometimes. Particularly the double jeopardy law...don't get me started...

R v Carroll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To clarify - he defended Carroll.

Yes it makes you wonder what job satisfaction these guys get when they win these cases (when they must know they are most likely defending someone who is guilty) I guess it stems down to the dollar and winning, though I don't know how they sleep at night. I remember the case of that dear little Deidre, makes me feel like murder myself!

I normally get my hair done when i have a dinner, function, meeting to go to. Not to go home and sit on the sofa. The blow dry is too good to waste!
just makes me think maybe they had something else on that night. You locals may have more insight. Anything exciting on thursday nights?

Thursday night is the only night hairdressers are open, which is why I often go then.

Was Allison working? Full or part time? Or in the real estate firm at her time of death?

With respect to the missing phone. The police and SES did a hands and knees search of the property and surrounds. Does anyone know if they searched up in the trees and on rooftops?

marlywings said:
Or septic tanks?

I rang CrimeStoppers after the announcement about the phone probably being within 150m of the house, and suggested they could check roof/gutters of surrounding buildings (church/showgrounds/childcare etc) and water tanks / septic tanks. Not sure if they had already done that, or whether they have since. I can't imagine they'd find a phone in a septic tank without pumping the whole thing out though.

I have a theory that the crash, and subsequent behaviour that probably led him to be being admitted to the psych ward could be him sewing the seeds of a diminished responsibility plea?

Yes, I wondered that also.

I rang CrimeStoppers after the announcement about the phone probably being within 150m of the house, and suggested they could check roof/gutters of surrounding buildings (church/showgrounds/childcare etc) and water tanks / septic tanks. Not sure if they had already done that, or whether they have since. I can't imagine they'd find a phone in a septic tank without pumping the whole thing out though.

Thanks for doing that Keyboredom, good job!!

Pathways advertises a Brisbane Training date on the 20th of April... not quite a conference but an interesting coincidence?

http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-trainers/brisbane-training-dates-2012/

Actually that is the 'conference' I was wanting to find because i remember hearing Alison Sandy talking about ABC's work with Pathways and mentioning the conference ABC was planning on attending that Friday.

http://video.couriermail.com.au/2230644016/The-life-of-Allison-BadenClay

Hi all - have been watching for a few days and now have the chance to share some more thoughts. Have been very interested to see your thought processes (minus the bickering - which btw if any of the family are following this, they would be loving, as it may lead to us getting closed down)....

Would be interested to hear thoughts on the following and very keen to hear if you don't agree as I do not want to be right!:

1. The Kenmore roundabout. A few posters have suggested that maybe some type of "transaction" or "exchange" was occurring there, which is why police are calling for witnesses. I cannot see why on earth anyone would do this at the Kenmore roundabout, the most well lit and public/busy places in Kenmore - there are so many dark streets and bush around. I think perhaps something did happen though - perhaps a car went round the roundabout a few times in indecision?

2. I am kind of stuck on the whole roundabout thing. As many people have said, it just isn't the logical way to go from the GBC residence to Kholo Creek, especially if you were in a hurry and not wanting to be noticed. Perhaps ABC was driving to GBC's offices in Taringa? Or perhaps GBC was driving home from Taringa at that time? Perhaps they are just trying to catch him in a lie, it mightn't be that anything sinister actually happened at the roundabout....your thoughts?

3. My thoughts are starting to lean towards it being something to do with GBC's business. This was obviously struggling and appearances seemed to mean a great deal to him (I don't know him personally but am a local) - perhaps ABC did discover something fraudulent was going on - thus wanting to go to the office at that late hour....?

4. I am also concerned about the children - I believe that if they go back home to that house with them alone, and everyone allows it, then we have to accept the fact that he isn't going to be arrested. I cannot fathom how the family and/or authorities could allow this to happen at present when there is such a big question mark over his head - thus, if the kids go with him, I reckon he is out of the frame. I'm hoping my theory is correct and thus they are working hard to make the arrest before the living situation becomes an issue. I don't think I'm being over the top - surely they wouldn't allow the children to be back in his custody solely, if they thought he was a murderer?

5. All the public interest in this case has made me think more than once of the pedophile case here a few years back - Ferguson I think - you may recall that the case against him was jeopardised as it was successfully argued that he could not possibly get a fair trial, given the rallying of the public against him and they could not find an unbaised juror - I guess we should be careful about this.

Let's get some more thoughts and discussions out there.

I am in south NSW and not that many people in my area know much about this case, maybe jurors would have to be brought in from inter state.
If I were a juror on this case and there was evidence or lack of, I think I would be able to keep an open mind with what the defence had to put forward, even though at the moment I am about 80% sure he is guilty. Though I also have a feeling that there is someone else involved, ( after the murder).

do you think abc may have had a weekend away or night out planned for when her girls had the friday sleepover, her friend could have been minding them. she could have known someone from her travels at the conference and made plans for a catch up? it could have caused an enormous violent fight. i guess the media would have hunted down any male friends by now though and police would have interviewed them which would also have been in the news.
sorry, just thinking aloud.

Just back to the roof/gutters/septic tank...

Anyone know how long it would take for a phone to short out after being in water??...it would go straight into water in a septic tank, but what about the gutter on roof. On that Thursday night it was dry weather?? the rain didn't start till the Friday or Saturday??

WHO was Allison Baden-Clay?

She was the wall print of Van Gogh's Sunflowers that hangs over her living room.
She was the framed pictures of family and friends cluttering her bookshelf. She was the mother by a bedside lamp softly singing Away in a Manger to send her three daughters off to sleep.

She was the sum total of two deeply loving parents, the kind of people thoughtful enough to bring lunch and supplies to a team of emergency workers searching for their missing daughter.

http://www.news.com.au/national/eve...or/story-e6frfkvr-1226347315119#ixzz1u00UJDwj

So I looked him up on abn lookup and lo and behold it is. That's not the interesting part. The interesting part is that he also has an investment trust trading as Oasis Finance. Under the Property Agents and Motor Vehicles Act 2000 this is a conflict of interest. Naughty Gerard could well have been lending buyers the money for houses he was selling, thus giving him a vested interest in the property post sale and the ability to alter the sale price by being the agent and mortgager. The question that this raises is who is the underwriter for the finance he is selling? Because that person could be owed an obscene amount of money and not be of desirable character like the big four banks. It also has me wondering how much of this Allison knew.

I remembered reading this excerpt:
'Days before Christmas, Mr Baden-Clay took out a $300,000 loan for one of his companies from two partners who exited the business the same day.
A former colleague said the venture "should have worked and it could have worked, but it didn't''.
"There was a dramatic decline ... the market caused some financial issues as well,'' the former colleague said.'
Link is below:-
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...usiness-suffered/story-e6freoof-1226344121450

With regards to the hairdresser appointment, it was pointed out last night that this was an unsubstantiated claim that was made by someone who heard it from a friend who heard it from someone else, or something. The police have never made comment about this even being part of the timeline.

I was just going over footage and noticed that the view from the chopper at the site of ABC's discovery show's the body ( I think ) Itried to link it but my Mouse is not co operating....Ten news footage RE: The dickies going to BC's Home.

What I think I see is ABC lying face down with arms above her head and it looks like her hands are tied.......Like I said " I THINK " feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I paused the footage to see if I could see the tide marks that some are speaking about, now I understand why there was so much talk about this...It is indeed an interesting thought now that I have seen the Marks???

I know this sounds morbid that I am talkng about her body but I am not being disrespectful just looking for answers and clues as to what has happend to her...Can anyone else see what I see?

Sometimes when I read these threads, I think of my parents and how they would be if something so awful happened to me............and the Dickie's so remind me of my parents.....The Dickie's bringing lunch for the SES, is exactly what my mom/dad would do (maybe to try to take their mind of things). Even in the face of their grief, they still think of others....and others sustenance....What beautiful people.

With regards to the hairdresser appointment, it was pointed out last night that this was an unsubstantiated claim that was made by someone who heard it from a friend who heard it from someone else, or something. The police have never made comment about this even being part of the timeline.

Thanks - I indicated that yesterday also.

KISS - Keep it simple ... We are not talking about an underworld victim or a wealthy millionaire or a famous politician. We are talking about the average suburban family and the death of a seemingly nice woman. I believe we should keep our speculation simple. Who had a motive? What was the motive? Who had an opportunity according to the time frames? I think police have clearly (with their actions and appeals) lead me to think in one direction only. I don't see any other property searches, or appeals for information relating to other vehicles, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288