Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kind of makes me wonder if this offender knew that the phone would be found if he left it turned on. It seems like if he/she were really trying to hide these things they would know to turn the phone off so they could not ping it to find it.

There are offenders who do these things on purpose to confuse LE or get media attention.

If that is the case then it would seem like this person is experienced and organized and a sociopath..

Or that person is trying to make it look like an abduction!

IMO they did her well enuff why did they leave her phone and this bag out where they knew it would be found?
---- diversion?

Refer to my map in post 734.

Why wouldn't the bag have been put in the pond behind that shed? Much better odds of it not being found unless the perp knew that water was really shallow.

Maybe because the perp pulled over really quickly and made a fast dash from the car to the building and back to the car so that no one would see his car sitting there or notice him?

Maybe because the perp pulled over really quickly and made a fast dash from the car to the building and back to the car so that no one would see his car sitting there or notice him?

You can drive within a few feet of that shed. There is a well worn area right off the black top. Look at the legend on the map. 1" = 20'. You can get closer than 20' to toss that bag and have it land there. Hit the shed and let it tumble down. IMO.

The building that the bag and books were found beside, wedged between the cactus is ON DEAD END ROAD.. so IMO there's no flying down the road away from the crime and whisking the bag out as some believe.. this is a dead end..

Wait a minute- surly that goes to show something???? i mean it's hardly indicative of the perp throwing it out the window whilst trying to get away IF IT'S A DEAD END??? I wish they would say the position of the books found! Or if the clothes were freshly laundered or worn. Something is not adding up here about the bag, the contents and the location!

Refer to my map in post 734.

Why wouldn't the bag have been put in the pond behind that shed? Much better odds of it not being found unless the perp knew that water was really shallow.

Either Sierra put that bag there herself or the person that hurt her wanted it found

You can drive within a few feet of that shed. There is a well worn area right off the black top. Look at the legend on the map. 1" = 20'. You can get closer than 20' to toss that bag and have it land there. Hit the shed and let it tumble down. IMO.

That works too. Tossed from the car after getting close to the building; then he doesn't have to leave the vehicle.

Welcome to WS, Korrigan!

I agree, that's a possibility and one I hadn't thought of.

I think particularly if another teen found the bag, they might be spooked and do exactly what you outlined, not really realising how it could compromise the investigation. They'd be thinking "I'll just put it as close to where I found it as I can and it will be like nothing really happened."

So as some of you may know, last fall I went to a conference that included a series of public lectures about neuroscience and the law, given by people who are the most expert in their fields. I recently found the link to the full session on YouTube provided by the Society for Neuroscience (so no piracy or anything). I would like to post it here because one or the speakers talked about her research with kids and teens. I think she is the 2nd or 3rd speaker, if you want to try to skip. Iiirc the main focus of her talk was about how decision-making is such a different process for kids/teens vs adults.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Kavli Symposium: Neuroscience 2011 - YouTube

Sent from my iPad

I don't think a phone has to be "on" to be pinged? As long as there is a battery in it? I know I have read that...

For some killers, staging is part of the thrill. An example of this would be Jack the Ripper.

I don't think the purse was staged, though. I still think it was a matter of grab the girl, pitch the phone, pitch the bag and get the heck out of town before anyone knew she was missing.

As strongly as I felt that Laurie May and Destiny Gruba were basically okay (not injured, not lying dead in a hidden crash somewhere), I feel Sierra is not alive now.

I hope I'm wrong.

I find it interesting that he/she/they didn't just put the phone in the bag and leave it with Sierra if she in fact is no longer with us.

Given that, It also makes me question if this person/people intended to kill Sierra or are keeping her and therefore disposed of her belongings so she could not be identified.

It also makes me question if she was actually in the car when these items were disposed of. I'm seriously questioning that.

I can see disposing of the phone, but I can understand the purse...It poses no harm if they planned on keeping her. Unless she is involved in sex trafficking...I can see disposing of it then.

There has got to be some psychology in hiding the purse and in the ay it as hidden. (sorry about the doubleyou's)

I don't think a phone has to be "on" to be pinged? As long as there is a battery in it? I know I have read that...

True.

But I have always wondered why this guy didn't remove the battery from the cell and dispose of it in a better way. It does seem like he expected or evn wanted it to be found. imo

Interesting statements
SHERIFF LAURIE SMITH, SANTA CLARA COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE: Absolutely not. From the last time we have a text, no one saw her walking to the bus. No one saw her leaving her home. Absolutely nothing. It is somewhat of a remote area.

COSBY: How do we know that she actually left her home?

SMITH: We don`t but she`s missing from her home. We don`t know why or at what point she became missing.

COSBY: That`s what I`m asking. Do we know if she physically -- we don`t know if she physically walked out of her house or something else happened to her.

SMITH: We don`t.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

And what possible motivation would the bloke want it all to be found/ The bag looking like a plant is starting to hold weight...

The "delapidated metal sheds" are open to view but everything about them, including their rust and color, chills the blood in my veins. They look like ancient crime scene locales you would see in a beach arcade. Euh!
-------------
Tuba, I think we are on the same wavelength. You commented on two of my posts, the first, the "control" issue with the phone and bag, and then this here delapidated metal sheds. No one had described them that way before I did, only...I spelled it: dilapidated. I'm saying this in friendly jest. Hugs.

The photo doesn't show her entire outfit, unless there is a different version floating around that I have missed. All I saw was an oversized T-shirt or sweatshirt, apparently black with a white squiggly line that resembles the fin portion of the "Sharks" team logo. It was cut off a few inches below her shoulders (the photo, not the top).

We could not see, in that photo, if she was in jeans, a skirt, PJ pants, shorts, or even if the shirt had long or short sleeves.

We haven't seen the clothes in the bag at all.

What makes you say they are the SAME CLOTHES?

I really dont know but Marlene did say the Shark shirt that was inside the purse was the one seen in the photo that was sent to her friend that morning and the FBI does believe she was wearing that shirt when she disappeared because they have it described on their site.

Maybe Marlene also knows which of her favorite pants are missing that she usually wears with a sweatshirt or that particular Shark shirt and she may know if she has a particular kind of bra that she likes to wear to school and it isnt at home.

While I wouldnt know everything my teen daughters owned, I would know the things they often like to wear during the school year, and would know if those things were missing.

The police may have done a visual too before sending the clothing onto the lab. The jeans/pants could have looked like they had been worn with creases already forming in the thigh area or behind the buttocks or in other pressure point areas. There may have been perfume on the clothing. They would also notice if the panties looked like they had been worn with fresh staining perhaps? Since the purse and clothing wasnt found until Sunday we do not know how long Sierra may have had these clothes on before they were disgarded. They would also look at the clothing to see if there were any hairs and fibers on the clothing. From what I understand the evidence has been sent to a local lab. Of course they could have looked for traces of blood on the pants or underpants. I dont think it would be that hard to detect whether the clothes had been worn or not worn.

While we have not seen the clothing the FBI has along with local LE. I think they have surmised this was the outfit she had on when she disappeared. Evidently the Shark shirt matches what was in the photo of Sierra so that is in the purse. It would be logical that the pants they found along with the bra and panties would be the rest of the outfit she had on when she was kidnapped, imo.

JMO

It kind of makes me wonder if this offender knew that the phone would be found if he left it turned on. It seems like if he/she were really trying to hide these things they would know to turn the phone off so they could not ping it to find it.

There are offenders who do these things on purpose to confuse LE or get media attention.

If that is the case then it would seem like this person is experienced and organized and a sociopath..

I recall in the very beginning of this case, the media in the local Bay Area stated the cell phone was turned off (this was before it was found).

Also, I do not believe a sweatshirt could have fit in the JC handbag. I read and hear tee-shirt and jersey reported. I recall that day being on the cool side, so it makes sense Sierra would be wearing a sweatshirt early in the morning.

Musing out loud: The crime lab should have completed its testing, or close to it. Seems to me LE is keeping the results close to the vest.

As much as Marlene talks in circles, she, father and BF would have been vetted first thing by LE, so I am sure this is her personality, although the poor woman has to be going through hell.

As far as running away, Sierra was too hooked into her friends and SM. I doubt a 15-year-old could be 100% confidential and not tell anyone of her plans. If she didn't have her Samsung smart phone with her, she would have no need for another cell phone because she hasn't attempted to call anyone that we know of, so the cell phone necessity has turned into a moot point.

Finally, there has never been mention of the house keys. I find it unnerving if the keys were missing -- I would not want to stay in that house. Probably the locks have been changed, but it's still creepy to be there.

All JMO from following the case and reading Web Sleuths. I have been praying for safe Sierra's return every day. I am thankful for everyone on this site.

Adding this from same link:

COSBY: Sheriff Lamar (sic) Smith, I have to ask you. Do we know for sure -- we know that the dogs picked up the scent. Do we know for sure she left the house because it`s my understanding that everyone left the house before Sierra, is that right?

SMITH: That is correct.

COSBY: So is it possible that someone broke into the house, took her from the home? Do we know that someone, if, say, somebody took her, do we know that it wasn`t just in the home, that it could have been somewhere else? What do we know?

SMITH: We don`t know. There`s no forced entry in the home. The doors were locked. That`s why we believe it was outside the home. But if this was -- is an abduction, it doesn`t make any difference if it was in front of her house, inside of her house, and that`s why we`re putting the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken