NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, don't want to scroll back- but for the poster who asked if Z slept with her prosthetic leg on, I recall an older article about B (that she stayed with sometimes) the one who said Z was sad/mad when it was time to go home. She said that Z took it off for sleeping when she was there.

I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post but several key players have shown up on facebook since I last checked.

Lovely article about Zhara. Might have been posted but worth posting again

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/10/13/176621_hpphoto.html

Excellent article - thanks for sharing. From that link:

"She was the life of any camp we went on - the kids loved her.

"Other kids were so inspired by her enthusiasm and her fight to live against all the odds. On a camp last year with the little kids, she was doing the ropes course on one leg, and I remember the kids saying to her: 'Zahra, how can you do that?'

"And she said 'Because I want to' - and that was just incredible.

"She was the most inspiring kid."

What a great kid... and those two monsters didn't even know the beauty within her.

....but at least it's available to all, regardless of income and ability to afford private insurance.

Same here...just paid for differently. Available to all. Even non citizens. Legal, illegal...

Same here...just paid for differently. Available to all. Even non citizens. Legal, illegal...

If you're suggesting that we have a national insurance that covers every one of us, you are incorrect; though this is not the thread to debate the matter.

Well they might have told her she was with them but Grandma had obviously not spoken to Zahra herself or she would have been able to verify to LE that Zahra actually was alive after the move. The only verification they have at this point seems to be the employees of the furniture store.

Also Grandma left out the fact that they had lived first with EB's father and then an apt before the trailer park and the move to the rental home.

I also thought Grandma was not giving interviews? :waitasec:

MOO

Also keep in mind that all that info the grandmother is quoted as giving had already appeared in US/internet media before she said it. She could very well have gotten the info from media and/or speaking to LE.

Photo of Zahra obviously during or right after cancer treatments. She looks so pretty.

Zahra is a brave and beautiful child. While in Australia she was accepted and loved throughout her entire treatment. Surgeries, chemos, etc. She had the support and love children should have. moo mho

I bet that laid down the foundation for her future strength and endless ability to love. moo

I can tell you that you do not need to be a us citizen to apply for Medicaid, My daughter works for the State of Indiana for the Medicaid office and she has told me on more that one occasion that the main people that she had to qualify for benefits are illegal aliens and with Zahra having the disabilities that she had I have no doubt that she would qualify for benefits..

They lived with EB's Dad when they first came here. All the family seems to state that they haven't seen them in over a year. Do we know when they first moved from his home?

AB was only working for the landscaping co for about 6 months. Was that his only job here?

Health insurance in Australia and Canada is not "free"....

Insurance is a business . . . not FREE as many of us like to think it is. Health care, especially preventive services, are "free" in AU & Canada & Europe & USA (ha!) soon . . . I would believe Zahra, with a pre-existing condition, would be cared for by a few providers IF she was receiving services. I hope LE has tracked her medical history in US -- may be of help :innocent:

If you're suggesting that we have a national insurance that covers every one of us, you are incorrect; though this is not the thread to debate the matter.

No, not here...yet. Hopefully, never...but, you are correct. Not the place to debate it.

I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post but several key players have shown up on facebook since I last checked.

You can paraphrase and link to the page. As long as it's public and not a minor.

You can't copy and paste the comments. You can post time/date to give direction.

Insurance is a business . . . not FREE as many of us like to think it is. Health care, especially preventive services, are "free" in AU & Canada & Europe & USA (ha!) soon . . . I would believe Zahra, with a pre-existing condition, would be cared for by a few providers IF she was receiving services. I hope LE has tracked her medical history in US -- may be of help :innocent:

I think it would be very interesting to know what her health care was here..or lack of...I suspect lack of. Mom and dad seemed to have other priorities. Sadly.

I think it would be very interesting to know what her health care was here..or lack of...I suspect lack of. Mom and dad seemed to have other priorities. Sadly.

Yeah, kinda hard to see a dr when you are only allowed out of your room for 5 minutes at a time. JMO

Question please

What county were they living in BEFORE they moved to the last residence? Was it Burke, Caldwell, Catawba?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member