• Death resulting from actions of babysitter

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Misty Croslyn's brother (?)

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Someone the family knew after Misty left the kids alone

Votes: 27 6.1%
  • Sister Crystal isn't on the list

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think she walked out open back door and a gator got her.

• I have no idea and don't want to accuse an innocent party.

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • It is a male around the same age as the parents. Either an Uncle or a very close family friend. Ta

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks, the results to date are very interesting!

Choice|{colsp=2}
All Voters Combined​
|{colsp=2}
WS Member Voters​
|{colsp=2}
Anonymouse Voters​

Her Biological Father Ron|
21​
|
2%​
|
8​
|
4%​
|
13​
|
2%​

Her Biological Mother Crystal|
3​
|
0%​
|
0​
|
0%​
|
3​
|
0%​

Her Step Mother Misty|
130​
|
15%​
|
70​
|
32%​
|
60​
|
10%​

Her Biological Father Ron and Step Mother Misty|
295​
|
35%​
|
72​
|
33%​
|
223​
|
36%​

Her Biological Mother Crystal along with an accomplice|
14​
|
2%​
|
10​
|
5%​
|
4​
|
1%​

Strangers to the family|
7​
|
1%​
|
6​
|
3%​
|
1​
|
0%​

Other Persons not mentioned in this poll|
109​
|
13%​
|
38​
|
17%​
|
71​
|
11%​

maternal side Granny Marie with accomplices|
251​
|
30%​
|
5​
|
2%​
|
246​
|
39%​

Don't know? could have been any one of them|
7​
|
1%​
|
5​
|
2%​
|
2​
|
0%​

Donald Sapp & Misty|
3​
|
0%​
|
1​
|
0%​
|
2​
|
0%​

Johnny Sheffield , Crystals father|
5​
|
1%​
|
2​
|
1%​
|
3​
|
0%​

The Cummings Family, and the Croslin Family|
1​
|
0%​
|
1​
|
0%​
|
0​
|
0%​

{colsp=7}
By family side:​

Father's Side|
449​
|
53%​
|
151​
|
69%​
|
298​
|
47%​

Mother's Side|
273​
|
32%​
|
17​
|
8%​
|
256​
|
41%​

Other|
124​
|
15%​
|
50​
|
23%​
|
74​
|
12%​

What this tells me is that the general public seems evenly split but the WS members - who have really studied this matter and done some great work - overwhelmingly think Ron's family, and mainly Misty, know what happened.

And yes, I do know the proper way to spell anonymous.

WOW, just wow.

I changed my vote a couple of times until I finally found one I truly agree with;
Killed by RC, cover up by RC's family, and Misty,
though I also think the Croslins' may also be obstructing justice through knowledge of what occurred, and/or assisted MCC in the cover up.
moo
ty to whomever wrote that in.

I think this poll may have been hijacked. Can people who are not members vote more than once? There has not even been that much talk of it being Marie, and I find it hard to believe that category has increased so much without some manipulation.

I think this poll may have been hijacked. Can people who are not members vote more than once? There has not even been that much talk of it being Marie, and I find it hard to believe that category has increased so much without some manipulation.

I believe there are many people who believe the Griffis/Sheffield family may have been involved and many who believe RC had nothing to do with this. I believe a large number of people have found it easier not to post in the blogosphere because of what's gone on the last six months with a small group of very vocal, sometimes mean-spirited people who want that dialogue shut down. I believe people are also nervous about having their personal info splashed on the web so wish to remain anonymous.

It's been my experience that it is often not worth the aggravation and frustration to post any opinion, even with links, or do any sleuthing of anyone other than RC/MC etc. that doesn't match up with the lynch Misty/RC mentality that is espoused by some across the net.

I sat on this poll the other day and watched the RC/Misty numbers go up by one every refresh for about 80 votes. I believe it's the RC/Misty numbers that have possibly been manipulated. The other numbers IMO are people who have been silenced out of frustration... Anonymous doesn't necessarily mean "less informed", esp. in this case.

I believe there are many people who believe the Griffis/Sheffield family may have been involved and many who believe RC had nothing to do with this. I believe a large number of people have found it easier not to post in the blogosphere because of what's gone on the last six months with a small group of very vocal, somewhat mean-spirited people who want that dialogue shut down. I believe people are also nervous about having their personal info splashed on the web so wish to remain anonymous.

It's been my experience that it is often not worth the aggravation and frustration to post any opinion, even with links, or do any sleuthing of anyone other than RC/MC etc. that doesn't match up with the lynch Misty/RC mentality that is espoused by some across the net.

I sat on this poll the other day and watched the RC/Misty numbers go up by one every refresh for about 80 votes. I believe it's the RC/Misty numbers that have possibly been manipulated. The other numbers IMO are people who have been silenced out of frustration... Anonymous doesn't necessarily mean "less informed", esp. in this case.

I totally agree with this post. I am in contact with many people who no longer post on the HaLeigh threads because of the "issues" that never seem to get resolved.

A crime sleuthing forum should be just that, a place to sleuth out the crime and who may have committed it. It should not be a place to bash families, and post blatant lies and mistruths, outing the identity of other posters, going forum to forum bashing other WS posters that have a different theory.

So I can totally understand why so many are voting anonymously. It is sad that so many WS members and guests feel the need to do that.

For those that do not believe there are a lot of people out in cyberland that believe Marie and/or Crystal's side of the family committed this crime, all I can say is you may need to do more research, because there are many, many of them out there.

Oh my goodness! You mean some members might be trying to perpetrate a hoax??? That's something that would be pretty bad - and we addressed it some time ago (read down):

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Perhaps we should look into this more deeply...but I cannot imagine anyone, say, repeatedly voting using an "anonymous proxy". I just can't see how anyone could be that dishonest and look at themselves in a mirror every day. But you never know.

Very respectfully but being "dishonest" in a loose poll is nothing compared to some of the vile things that have been posted on the net regarding the Cummings family, who until they are charged with a crime, are still crime victims. Not to mention professional people posting on websites to further their own agendas. IMO there are a lot of people who might have a hard time looking in the mirror regarding this case.

I totally agree! Like I told a friend of mine the other day, I pretty much, eat, sleep and breathe this case, and there is NO way on God's green Earth, that there are over 300 people on the planet that think Marie Griffis is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.
Manipulation? Absolutely. Quite frankly, it disgusts me what lengths people will go to just to be "right".

I totally agree! Like I told a friend of mine the other day, I pretty much, eat, sleep and breathe this case, and there is NO way on God's green Earth, that there are over 300 people on the planet that think Marie Griffis is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.
Manipulation? Absolutely. Quite frankly, it disgusts me what lengths people will go to just to be "right".

I have been researching this case since day one and I have well over 300 email contacts of people that believe that various family members on Crystal's side committed this crime, but most agree that it was Marie that was behind the plan.

Maybe how many people you believe do not believe that, is based on who you associate, communicate, and research with.

When one makes assumptions, they often do not get or give accurate information.

I haven't been following this case as closely as I would have liked, because of time constraints (job, sleep), so I admit I'm not very sure why the grandmother would be such a suspect in some people's minds.

But, that's not what bothers me about the possible manipulation of the polling results.

I was so excited about having the voices- the individual voices- of each person following this case heard.

The idea was to have each individual cast one vote- and one vote only- and the results be forwarded to the media.

It is so disappointing to me if the results are null and void because one (or a few) people took it upon themselves to be dishonest and manipulate the results.

I am slow to anger, but if this is the case... shame on whomever messed up the results of this poll!

I am still happy to have the poll. Thanks for putting it on here.

A couple of points.

Let's say you are me, looking at the vote tallies to put together the results I posted. You see that a member wrote in a new choice, and voted for it. In the next few minutes over 30 votes are cast for that same choice, from the same computer, using an "anonymous" proxy. Other votes for this choice are cast the same way. Other choices don't show this pattern. What would you conclude?

The argument that "It's OK for me to be dishonest because my opponent is dishonest" doesn't work in any place I know of.

This poll is in no way scientific, obviously. And it doesn't matter - the facts are what they are regardless of how many people believe in a position, and that's all that will ultimately be considered by a jury. Myself, I have not been following the case, so I don't know. I do know that I admire people who back up their position well, even if they are in the minority. There is no logically validating concept of "Proved because lots of people agree with me", so I have zero respect for people that argue that way or try to make it look that way. It's illogic, insecurity and insincerity all rolled in to one ugly package.

Please note that I'm not directing these comments at you, individually, but I'm just responding to your remarks. I don't know where anyone stands and it's not important for this discussion. I know there is passion around this case, and passion is admirable but it's also the enemy of reason.

I hear what you're saying . Before choices were even allowed to be written in (irrc) one of the original choices went up astronomically. I think there's a lot of frustration in this case no matter what side ones on:

08-20-2009, 08:45 PM
atherella
Where is Haleigh?
Wow! One of the choices changed by 88 votes in one hour a little while ago.

have a question. If you are a registered member, you have one vote although you are allowed to change your vote, it is still only one vote. What is stopping guests (non registered voters) from voting multiple times? Is there any way that guest can only vote once, like the registered members. I think that the poll results could be eschewed. Just asking.

It is a shame that the poll was skewed and does not accurately reflect what the general public thinks has happened in this case, but what is a bigger shame is that people feel that they can't post their thoughts and discuss this case like adults. There is a large number of people out there that do feel like the Sheffields are involved in Haleighs disappearance but have just given up voicing their opinions. I had no doubt when the poll was started that the results would be Misty and RC because that is where the majority of WS posters that have remained stand.

This case has brought out the worst in people. I truly don’t understand the bullying and nastiness this case has brought out in people. So many people have chosen to just no longer post at WS because if you do not agree with the “popular” crowd about what happened to Haleigh, your post are taken to other forums to be mocked, your user name is mocked, awful hurtful things are said about you all over the internet, pms are altered to where you are not even comfortable answering pms any longer, you are followed from thread to thread on different cases and afraid to post for fear of an attack and a thread being disrupted on another missing persons case, and avenues are taken to try and find out your identity. Some have stuck it out others have said it is not worth it. I accept some of the responsibility for what has happened to me, because I did not use the alert button on the personal attacks, when people pmd me or emailed me an apology I trusted them, I felt we were all adults and things would work themselves out. I was also very naïve and believed everyone was here for one purpose and that was Haleigh. I was wrong and have learned a valuable lesson.
The only hope some have is that once the Haleigh case is over the people participating in these activities will just go away and they can return to WS and feel like they can freely discuss cases without any repercussions. It is a shame that a group of approximately five people have caused this much hurt and disruption amongst the WS family.

i was very surprised to see the jump in vots for Marie, as I was with the Ron and Misty votes.

It is a shame that the poll was skewed and does not accurately reflect what the general public thinks has happened in this case, but what is a bigger shame is that people feel that they can't post their thoughts and discuss this case like adults. There is a large number of people out there that do feel like the Sheffields are involved in Haleighs disappearance but have just given up voicing their opinions. I had no doubt when the poll was started that the results would be Misty and RC because that is where the majority of WS posters that have remained stand.

This case has brought out the worst in people. I truly don’t understand the bullying and nastiness this case has brought out in people. So many people have chosen to just no longer post at WS because if you do not agree with the “popular” crowd about what happened to Haleigh, your post are taken to other forums to be mocked, your user name is mocked, awful hurtful things are said about you all over the internet, pms are altered to where you are not even comfortable answering pms any longer, you are followed from thread to thread on different cases and afraid to post for fear of an attack and a thread being disrupted on another missing persons case, and avenues are taken to try and find out your identity. Some have stuck it out others have said it is not worth it. I accept some of the responsibility for what has happened to me, because I did not use the alert button on the personal attacks, when people pmd me or emailed me an apology I trusted them, I felt we were all adults and things would work themselves out. I was also very naïve and believed everyone was here for one purpose and that was Haleigh. I was wrong and have learned a valuable lesson.
The only hope some have is that once the Haleigh case is over the people participating in these activities will just go away and they can return to WS and feel like they can freely discuss cases without any repercussions. It is a shame that a group of approximately five people have caused this much hurt and disruption amongst the WS family.

:clap:

I could care less if I am part of the popular crowd. Being "popular" doesn't necessarily mean you are right. ;) If being popular means having secret boards where you talk bad about some members here and go to different boards under other nics and do the same, well they can have their 'popular' because being popular ain't all it's cracked up to be.

My :twocents:

WOW. This makes me sad. Our first poll and someone or people is messing with it?...
I was so excited to have it. I just hope it can be worked out so that we can enjoy what it was meant to be.
I did go in and change my vote b/c I think Ron or Misty or both of them know what has happened to Haleigh.
I'm sorry about this whole mess. I really want the poll thread to stay and all of us to act our age.
Thank you for reading.

Wow, I find this poll sad, seriously- Is it even about this little girl or skewering her maternal side?

Sad indeed for Haleigh and sad and telling that people would assume only the maternal side was skewed. 88 votes were cast in rapid succession in one hour on the 20th for RC & MC. Before Marie was an option, when the pole still appeared "clean". Why isn't that relevant as well. If true, why would a "side" that would clearly be in the lead feel the need to fudge the pole in the first place?

It's sad indeed that an idea that started out as a very good idea turned into a travesty. A sadder travesty would have been if the shenanigans hadn't been "noticed" and the poll called a "true" accounting when it was slanted almost from the get go.

Well folks, the results to date are very interesting!

Choice|{colspan=2}
All Voters Combined​
|{colspan=2}
WS Member Voters​
|{colspan=2}
Anonymous Voters​

Her Biological Father Ron|
21​
|
2%​
|
8​
|
4%​
|
13​
|
2%​

Her Biological Mother Crystal|
3​
|
0%​
|
0​
|
0%​
|
3​
|
0%​

Her Step Mother Misty|
130​
|
15%​
|
70​
|
32%​
|
60​
|
10%​

Her Biological Father Ron and Step Mother Misty|
295​
|
35%​
|
72​
|
33%​
|
223​
|
36%​

Her Biological Mother Crystal along with an accomplice|
14​
|
2%​
|
10​
|
5%​
|
4​
|
1%​

Strangers to the family|
7​
|
1%​
|
6​
|
3%​
|
1​
|
0%​

Other Persons not mentioned in this poll|
109​
|
13%​
|
38​
|
17%​
|
71​
|
11%​

maternal side Granny Marie with accomplices|
251​
|
30%​
|
5​
|
2%​
|
246​
|
39%​

Don't know? could have been any one of them|
7​
|
1%​
|
5​
|
2%​
|
2​
|
0%​

Donald Sapp & Misty|
3​
|
0%​
|
1​
|
0%​
|
2​
|
0%​

Johnny Sheffield , Crystals father|
5​
|
1%​
|
2​
|
1%​
|
3​
|
0%​

The Cummings Family, and the Croslin Family|
1​
|
0%​
|
1​
|
0%​
|
0​
|
0%​

{colspan=7}
By family side:​

Father's Side|
449​
|
53%​
|
151​
|
69%​
|
298​
|
47%​

Mother's Side|
273​
|
32%​
|
17​
|
8%​
|
256​
|
41%​

Other|
124​
|
15%​
|
50​
|
23%​
|
74​
|
12%​

What this tells me is that the general public seems evenly split but the WS members - who have really studied this matter and done some great work - overwhelmingly think Ron's family, and mainly Misty, know what happened.

And yes, I do know the proper way to spell anonymous.

Doesn't surprise me at all..WS members were allowed to read in the rumor thread where all the "locals" posted lie after lie and rumor after rumor...No surprise to me at all that the general public thinks otherwise..They wasn't able to read the lies and rumors...Which is a good thing because some in the rumor thread had agendas and stopped at nothing to fulfill their agendas... Even professionals on the case posted in the rumor thread...IMO

Doesn't surprise me at all..WS members were allowed to read in the rumor thread where all the "locals" posted lie after lie and rumor after rumor...No surprise to me at all that the general public thinks otherwise..They wasn't able to read the lies and rumors...Which is a good thing because some in the rumor thread had agendas and stopped at nothing to fulfill their agendas... Even professionals on the case posted in the rumor thread...IMO

At this point I don't think we can be sure what is a lie and what isn't. We really don't know much more than we did the first day except for some background on some of the key people. Only when Haleigh is found will we know what was a lie and what was the truth. The purpose of this poll was to see what people are thinking and what they believe. I wish everyone would do it honestly. I really like to see what others think, but when some try to manipulate it for whatever reason, it messes it up for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks