Moving van at Cooper House now (11/13/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the blogspot link Fran.

Hmmmm, so the key table was not used for the placement of keys -interesting since that is exactly where Nancy's keys were found by LE.

Yes, I thought this was interesting, too. I'm also still wondering what items used to be on the key table. AS was definitely interested in that.

The poster was MISTAKEN. Brad was paid the balance of his annual bonus in September -after Cisco's fiscal year closed on 7/31/08. It was completely in line with what a top performer would have received with someone with his salary - approximately 35% or so and 3.5% was paid in February as the mid year bonus.

Unless he was a fairly high ranking executive - and he's not - he would not be seeing $250K in bonus. Additionally, the other poster claimed that he was getting that huge bonus due to a major deal he helped land. He's not in sales, he's not a sales engineer - positions that might have a different bonus structure.

All of this would have been easy to substantiate and there's no way he'd have lied about that.

Well, it very well MAY be the poster was mistaken, I have no idea. However, IF it were me, (one of the plaintiffs), I would be ABSLULTELY SURE this poster was mistaken. After all, this 'poster' spent the better part of a day defending their claim and SEEMED to be SURE they were CORRECT. :bang:

I guess the next question would be, WHERE did this poster get their alleged information?:waitasec:

AS far as this being able to be substantiated and 'no way he'd have lied about that....'.................

That's what some people said about ALL of Brad's affidavits and stateaments given at the very beginning of this case. MANY of Brad's statements have now proven to be ehhhh...............NOT absolutely what he said. :eek:

IMO, I would err on the side of caution, IF it were me.:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Thanks for the blogspot link Fran.

Hmmmm, so the key table was not used for the placement of keys -interesting since that is exactly where Nancy's keys were found by LE.

Wasn't there also a statement by one of Nancy's friends that she 'kept the car key' so that Brad couldn't get into the car where she kept her 'personal stuff,' ie passport, divorce papers, notes, etc?:rolleyes:

I thought THAT was why the second key to the auto was located inside the car? IIRC

JMHO
fran

I do not begrudge Brad using his money to fight for his kids. By the same token however I am of the opinion that his legal fees ran up to date are both excessive and most likely not even justified. I say that because of all the bluster put up before the first hearing in July - it was ridiculous some of the stuff K & B was doing - demanding autopsy notes and reports that weren't even finished for example. The best example of wasting money is the publicity battle to argue over Brad's image and so on are other fine examples of K & B, in my opinion, taking advantage of this man just so they can bow out of the hearing before it even took place. Hiring a PI, for what ? Hiring a shrink when not yet so ordered - for what ? The defense had nothing to prove - Brad was not accused of anything by any legal means.

Then comes Sandlin and who knows how many hours billed, knowing full well that the judge would have to consider things beyond a simple custody issue in reality. Sandlin knew Brad would not be put on the stand and without doing so, the case was lost before it was heard. It is my opinion these lawyers ripped him off and if Brad was pushing them to do something - they should have had the guts to confront him and properly advise him of the silliness of his actions. To me there has been a theft - a bunch of lawyers basically stole financial support from two little innocent children whose Mother was murdered. That's how I see it anyhow. I wonder how they sleep at night or look in a mirror actually.

JMO
RC....these have been my thoughts all along.

How many of us have asked, "Have you ever heard or seen anything like this before?"
This dog & pony show has chased down anyone and anything they could, treating it like it was a ciminal case and not the custody case that was at hand. Most issues they were chasing had absolutely NO business pertaining to the custody case.
I said in the beginning he should have fired them when they started this crap. Not only us on WS, but the media is also getting a chuckle from all this.

Then comes Sandlin...why? My memory is vague, but BC had K&B for the seperation, Lynn Prather was dealing with the issues of custody in the beginning, why was Sandlin brought in?

What has now become obvious it leaves 2 innocent little girl with nothing! The possibly something they would treasure for memory sake in the near future, gone because Sandlin and for all we know possibly K&B got hold of it to sell for their selfish reasons. It could be as simple as a rocking chair NC held them in at night to rock them to sleep, but now it's gone.

They hired Dr. Gould, not BC. Who's decision was it?? Did he ask the cost?? Was he told this was the normal fee?? We will never know, but I bet ya there are plenty in Wake County who could have done a mental examination as well without all the travel expenses. The list goes on....

FWIW....I hired an attorney yrs ago for a class action lawsuit. Even though he came highly recommended, he was working for me and I interviewed him. I had to determine if I was going to get my money's worth and what was he going to do for me.
He later left the firm and my case stayed behind. I got a bill when my case settled, from the new attorney who took over my case. I refused to pay the extra charges knowing they were inflated and unreasonable. Charges for calls, and paper work they had NOT done or not needed to be done, most were to be included in their final percentage. She served me a subpoena to sue me, so I filed a grievance with the NC Bar Assoc. NC Bar Assoc agreed with me, so I ended up cutting my bill in half.

Case being, the attorney's will try to take all they can if you don't watch their every move.

So I do wonder just who is driving the Jeep Laredo? Maybe BC mommy, but maybe not. If not mommy who is the female directing the movers???

As for my feelings on a deal to be worked out with the DA...never. K&B want their name out there in the media to make a NAME for themselves. Isn't that how it works?? Not if they win or lose, just recognition.

Brad didn't hire just one law firm, he hired two. K&B and Sandlin & Davidian. That's a lot of attorneys for a 'custody case.' Obviously K&B were gearing up for a criminal case since that's what they were focused on from the beginning.

He would have been much better off continuing the temp custody arrangement willingly, and staying far away from any depositions, which only served to help LE because he lied and made inconsistent statements between his affidavits and deposition, which will now come back to haunt him in the criminal case.

Not very smart, these various strategies to go on the offensive.

So that's how lawyers furnish their homes, eh Mom?
Guess so...if you notice @ 56 seconds on the WRAL video they even took the precious little blue and pink children's chairs out to the truck. Guess it doesn't matter if it is the little girls items either.:furious:

How can anyone sleep at night taking an item like this? What will they get out of it...$50? :waitasec:

Well it appears Sandlin has 2 girls so maybe she feels she has the need for the chairs worse...who knows?:confused:

Guess so...if you notice @ 56 seconds on the WRAL video they even took the precious little blue and pink children's chairs out to the truck. Guess it doesn't matter if it is the little girls items either.:furious:

How can anyone sleep at night taking an item like this? What will they get out of it...$50? :waitasec:

Wasn't BC allowed to keep the furniture anyway?

With all this back and forth, what I'd like to know is, what happened to that HUGE bonus of Brad's? You know? the one that a member here was 'absolutely positive' Brad was to get over the next year? The one Brad 'failed' to mention in his deposition? ($250K?) I would hope the grandparents have instructed their attorney to persue this and whether it's in fact true or not. That could be a hefty sum to assist in raising these two children for the next 20 years or so.

LOL. This again? This one was proof positive that an anonymous person can make up pretty much any story and post it on the Internet without a shred of proof and some people will believe it.

Keep in mind that the guy who spun this yarn supported his claim by saying that his employer was a Cisco customer and that status of being a customer somehow afforded him access to people at Cisco who: 1) knew Brad's salary and bonus information and 2) would be willing to disclose that information to employees of customers.

So, do you think the house will sell???
It has too much "history" for me to even think about moving my family into it.

There must be plenty of homes on the market now and I think there has to be full-disclosure if someone died in a house....hard to imagine someone hasn't heard about the story in the news around Cary and could move into the house unaware.

Second question:
Does anyone know if Bella and Katie have cousins their age that they are living with? I haven't read anywhere about Krista and Jim Lister having children of their own.

I can't remember just which thread the question about which side of the driveway the individual Cooper cars were usually parked, and I'm too tired to go looking - but I just did a google maps street view of the Cooper house. It appeared to me that the watermarked date said 2007. But the SUV was on the left, and the sedan was on the right, both in the driveway, and both garage doors shut. Just in case anyone is still interested in this question.

It burns me up to see these children's items removed and not knowing what else was taken we didn't see.
This is most likely where the girl's sat to make puzzles, colored pictures, etc. PLAY TIME=HAPPY TIME!

Furniture vs toys (children's belongings).
Toys R Us vs Kids Pottery Barn.
Is it considered toys or furniture depending on where you purchase it?
Is it determined by wood or plastic?
If this is how Sandlin is determining what to take the swingset is next to be taken since it's wood, and the Little Tykes cozy coupe can remain.:waitasec:
So yes, it's a toss up if it is considered toys or furniture.

I always determine something by what it was used for, this being child's set. IMO, this was most likely a table and chair set, (only seeing the chairs removed), going in the category of girls personal belongings, something they played on.

The issue I have is the precious girls have so little left that if familiar to them...I would like to see the Rentz's & Lister's decide what they feel they need or want for the girls 1st.
But greed is setting in as we are witnessing before they get that chance.:mad:

There must be plenty of homes on the market now and I think there has to be full-disclosure if someone died in a house....hard to imagine someone hasn't heard about the story in the news around Cary and could move into the house unaware.

The house will be marketed in the very near future IMO.
Not knowing the condition of it will be hard to say just how long it will take to sell. It could be it only needed painting, but being 15yo, my guess is it needs much more than that. IIRC, NC had asked for a large amount of $$ to prepare the home to market, so I feel it is needing some work. Of course all negotiable.
The home backs up to a main intersection so there is road noise, but is in a cul-d-sac.
There is an identical home down the street that has NOT sold for several months. So it will be anyone's guess at this point the time frame to sell.

It does NOT have to be disclosed as a material fact about a death in the home. With that being said, the Statute DOES say a seller can't knowingly make a false statement. This applies for agents as well.
IOW, if asked you must tell.

Well, it very well MAY be the poster was mistaken, I have no idea. However, IF it were me, (one of the plaintiffs), I would be ABSLULTELY SURE this poster was mistaken. After all, this 'poster' spent the better part of a day defending their claim and SEEMED to be SURE they were CORRECT. :bang:

I guess the next question would be, WHERE did this poster get their alleged information?:waitasec:

AS far as this being able to be substantiated and 'no way he'd have lied about that....'.................

That's what some people said about ALL of Brad's affidavits and stateaments given at the very beginning of this case. MANY of Brad's statements have now proven to be ehhhh...............NOT absolutely what he said. :eek:

IMO, I would err on the side of caution, IF it were me.:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Please enlighten me on these proven lies. I don't think anything has been proven to be a lie yet except the last name of his girlfriend from 10 years ago. And there is no way of knowing if that was a lie or a mistake.

RC....these have been my thoughts all along.

How many of us have asked, "Have you ever heard or seen anything like this before?"
This dog & pony show has chased down anyone and anything they could, treating it like it was a ciminal case and not the custody case that was at hand. Most issues they were chasing had absolutely NO business pertaining to the custody case.
I said in the beginning he should have fired them when they started this crap. Not only us on WS, but the media is also getting a chuckle from all this.

Then comes Sandlin...why? My memory is vague, but BC had K&B for the seperation, Lynn Prather was dealing with the issues of custody in the beginning, why was Sandlin brought in?

What has now become obvious it leaves 2 innocent little girl with nothing! The possibly something they would treasure for memory sake in the near future, gone because Sandlin and for all we know possibly K&B got hold of it to sell for their selfish reasons. It could be as simple as a rocking chair NC held them in at night to rock them to sleep, but now it's gone.

They hired Dr. Gould, not BC. Who's decision was it?? Did he ask the cost?? Was he told this was the normal fee?? We will never know, but I bet ya there are plenty in Wake County who could have done a mental examination as well without all the travel expenses. The list goes on....

FWIW....I hired an attorney yrs ago for a class action lawsuit. Even though he came highly recommended, he was working for me and I interviewed him. I had to determine if I was going to get my money's worth and what was he going to do for me.
He later left the firm and my case stayed behind. I got a bill when my case settled, from the new attorney who took over my case. I refused to pay the extra charges knowing they were inflated and unreasonable. Charges for calls, and paper work they had NOT done or not needed to be done, most were to be included in their final percentage. She served me a subpoena to sue me, so I filed a grievance with the NC Bar Assoc. NC Bar Assoc agreed with me, so I ended up cutting my bill in half.

Case being, the attorney's will try to take all they can if you don't watch their every move.

So I do wonder just who is driving the Jeep Laredo? Maybe BC mommy, but maybe not. If not mommy who is the female directing the movers???

As for my feelings on a deal to be worked out with the DA...never. K&B want their name out there in the media to make a NAME for themselves. Isn't that how it works?? Not if they win or lose, just recognition.

It wouldn't have mattered. If he didn't use it on the custody case, he would have had to on the criminal case.

LOL. This again? This one was proof positive that an anonymous person can make up pretty much any story and post it on the Internet without a shred of proof and some people will believe it.

Keep in mind that the guy who spun this yarn supported his claim by saying that his employer was a Cisco customer and that status of being a customer somehow afforded him access to people at Cisco who: 1) knew Brad's salary and bonus information and 2) would be willing to disclose that information to employees of customers.

Exactly...and it will be somewhat believed on here until it is officially proved not to be true, which won't ever happen.

Second question:
Does anyone know if Bella and Katie have cousins their age that they are living with? I haven't read anywhere about Krista and Jim Lister having children of their own.

I don't think they would have to disclose that now since it hasn't been proven that someone died in the house yet.

It burns me up to see these children's items removed and not knowing what else was taken we didn't see.
This is most likely where the girl's sat to make puzzles, colored pictures, etc. PLAY TIME=HAPPY TIME!

Furniture vs toys (children's belongings).
Toys R Us vs Kids Pottery Barn.
Is it considered toys or furniture depending on where you purchase it?
Is it determined by wood or plastic?
If this is how Sandlin is determining what to take the swingset is next to be taken since it's wood, and the Little Tykes cozy coupe can remain.:waitasec:
So yes, it's a toss up if it is considered toys or furniture.

I always determine something by what it was used for, this being child's set. IMO, this was most likely a table and chair set, (only seeing the chairs removed), going in the category of girls personal belongings, something they played on.

The issue I have is the precious girls have so little left that if familiar to them...I would like to see the Rentz's & Lister's decide what they feel they need or want for the girls 1st.
But greed is setting in as we are witnessing before they get that chance.:mad:

While I agree it is sad that the things the children used are being taken, I don't think he could have kept them. Don't possessions of minors technically belong to the parents (ie, minors have no rights to ownership)?

Now we don't know if these items will be sold or stored...they could just be clearing out to sell the house.

Please enlighten me on these proven lies. I don't think anything has been proven to be a lie yet except the last name of his girlfriend from 10 years ago. And there is no way of knowing if that was a lie or a mistake.

You are right that we don't know everything yet and there are still many questions and needed clarifications. But, we have been discussing this for quite a while, so I am sure that Fran is referring to those discussions. There have been inconsistencies in Brad's story from the beginning. These can be considered lies.

There are specific threads where Brad's lies have been discussed and that may be a good place to discuss this. Read the 'Brad's lies' thread. Review the 'inconsistencies' threads. Review the affidavits that Brad wrote. Are there inconsistencies? Does he tell the same story in the 7 hour deposition? Are there also inconsistencies there? Of course, you can argue with the specific information in those threads, if you wish.

You should also have a look at Det. Daniels affidavit, where he emphasizes that there are inconsistencies in BC's story. Certainly we don't know what these are, but I would assume that Det. D is not making this up. We will learn more of course when we read about the trial.

This is just a starting point. I suspect that we will find out much more as the case unfolds.

JMHO:)

You are right that we don't know everything yet and there are still many questions and needed clarifications. But, we have been discussing this for quite a while, so I am sure that Fran is referring to those discussions. There have been inconsistencies in Brad's story from the beginning. These can be considered lies.

There are specific threads where Brad's lies have been discussed and that may be a good place to discuss this. Read the 'Brad's lies' thread. Review the 'inconsistencies' threads. Review the affidavits that Brad wrote. Are there inconsistencies? Does he tell the same story in the 7 hour deposition? Are there also inconsistencies there? Of course, you can argue with the specific information in those threads, if you wish.

You should also have a look at Det. Daniels affidavit, where he emphasizes that there are inconsistencies in BC's story. Certainly we don't know what these are, but I would assume that Det. D is not making this up. We will learn more of course when we read about the trial.

This is just a starting point. I suspect that we will find out much more as the case unfolds.

JMHO:)

I have read that thread. My point is there hasn't been any proven lies to this point in time. We don't know what those inconsistencies are that Det. Daniels says. As of right now, I don't believe there has been anything shown that proves BC has lied about his version of events. Obviously there is speculation...and if he killed NC, that would be the biggest lie of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member