NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I could have written this myself! We are pretty much on the same page. Although, I do think there is a slight chance she was hit by a car or something.

BBM
Hadn't thought about a car clipping her. The driver then takes her and doesn't know what to do and keeps her hostage.... she is able to make the one sobbing phone call to her BF...

I'm not sure how good a view the late SBD had of the scene from where he was sitting in his bus that he had backed up into his driveway. Seems he did that to keep and eye on the scene since it was said he never parked it that way.
The SBD was investigated allot, yet from what I've read he told conflicting stories...

BBM
Hadn't thought about a car clipping her. The driver then takes her and doesn't know what to do and keeps her hostage.... she is able to make the one sobbing phone call to her BF...

I'm not sure how good a view the late SBD had of the scene from where he was sitting in his bus that he had backed up into his driveway. Seems he did that to keep and eye on the scene since it was said he never parked it that way.
The SBD was investigated allot, yet from what I've read he told conflicting stories...

I didn't realize he told conflicting stories. Can you give me any examples?

Well there was an article which indicated that the bus driver told law enforcement that Maura was so drunk she could hardly stand, or something to that nature. He later said he never said that. I don't think the SBD was ever a suspect, and it seems he was unfairly targeted as one, but I don't think these discrepancies were ever explained.

All IMO, and I cannot site specific links to any news articles - so I may be wrong about this.... My feelings are based on reading the tons of stuff posted on other forums, including:
http://findmauramurray.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=38

I found the thoughts and analysis of "peripeteia" there to be most interesting.

All IMO, and I cannot site specific links to any news articles - so I may be wrong about this.... My feelings are based on reading the tons of stuff posted on other forums, including:
http://findmauramurray.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=38

In my opinion, the bus driver didn't have enough time to hurt her and/or hide her according to the timeline. I also think the neighbors witnessed him pull away in the bus and she remained at the vehicle. There was some conflict as to whether it was Maura or a man with a cigarette with the neighbors (Westmans), but IMO, I think it was Maura. Mr. Westman thought the person in the car was a woman with a cell phone, but Mrs. Westman thought it was a man with a cigarette. I thought a light from a cell phone was a cigarette once, so I think Mrs. Westman was mistaken. Also, supposedly, the bus driver's wife was at home. Unless, the wife was in on it, I don't think the bus driver was involved. I think the contractor was more likely the culprit or a stranger not known to these boards or the police. JMO

A poster here was positing a theory that Maura "willfully disappeared", took off on her own accord and doesn't wish to contact anyone. I thought it was BS but then again I just saw an episode of "Disappeared" where a girl willfully disappeared for 6 years and was found alive and her family basically said the same thing as Maura's... she'd "never do that" etc. While her family loves her it seemed like she was under a lot of pressure...

My understanding is that once someone moves even to another country it becomes very difficult to track them... and almost near impossible. Maybe Maura's in Europe somewhere... did Maura have a passport?

Consider this: Maura is missing but watches TV and feels tremendous guilt about people looking for her and for that reason finds it even harder to contact home.

A poster here was positing a theory that Maura "willfully disappeared", took off on her own accord and doesn't wish to contact anyone. I thought it was BS but then again I just saw an episode of "Disappeared" where a girl willfully disappeared for 6 years and was found alive and her family basically said the same thing as Maura's... she'd "never do that" etc. While her family loves her it seemed like she was under a lot of pressure...

My understanding is that once someone moves even to another country it becomes very difficult to track them... and almost near impossible. Maybe Maura's in Europe somewhere... did Maura have a passport?

Consider this: Maura is missing but watches TV and feels tremendous guilt about people looking for her and for that reason finds it even harder to contact home.

You never really know what's going on inside someone's head, but I guess it's my gut feeling she didn't take off. I saw that episode of Disappeared too, where it was discovered a woman was actually alive and living on the other side of the country. The difference was that she had a bad drug problem, which was causing a riff with her family. She felt her parents didn't love her, but they were just hating her behavior--not her. I believe there was a lot of drama before that woman took off and it had gone on for quite sometime. I also think it isn't that common for someone to just disappear and be found alive years later. With Maura, I think she would have come to her senses after a day or two. I guess I will be very surprised if Maura came forward alive and well.

If she did take off, which I doubt very much, I don't think she went to Europe. She would have needed a passport. She had no money and no clothes. She didn't even realize that you need to have a lot more lead time to rent a condo. To me, she was a little naive about things like that, so I can't imagine her hunting down a fake ID and applying for a passport.

You never really know what's going on inside someone's head, but I guess it's my gut feeling she didn't take off. I saw that episode of Disappeared too, where it was discovered a woman was actually alive and living on the other side of the country. The difference was that she had a bad drug problem, which was causing a riff with her family. She felt her parents didn't love her, but they were just hating her behavior--not her. I believe there was a lot of drama before that woman took off and it had gone on for quite sometime. I also think it isn't that common for someone to just disappear and be found alive years later. With Maura, I think she would have come to her senses after a day or two. I guess I will be very surprised if Maura came forward alive and well.

If she did take off, which I doubt very much, I don't think she went to Europe. She would have needed a passport. She had no money and no clothes. She didn't even realize that you need to have a lot more lead time to rent a condo. To me, she was a little naive about things like that, so I can't imagine her hunting down a fake ID and applying for a passport.

Sometimes it feels like any given scenario is equally as likely as all the others. :(

Sometimes it feels like any given scenario is equally as likely as all the others. :(

I wonder if LE has anything on someone? They claimed in court (when Fred Murray sued them) that they have 75% of the case solved, if I remember correctly. LE didn't want to divulge their case information to Maura's family, because it may jeopardize possible future prosecution of a perp. They may very well have their eye on someone. Yet, maybe they don't want to admit they have nothing.

I read about Fred Murrays lawsuit to get info and thought about commenting on it but forgot. I for a living sell police reports to the public and when I read that it really jumped out at me. If the police had nothing then more of that police report would be available to Fred Murray or any other outlet for information. Its hard for me to explain this but I'll try. Say you have a robbery but no suspect, then you not only get incident and property stolen but the whole narrative. If there was a suspect however you get only incident (one page telling you when, where, what happened) and property but no narrative. From reading what I have read I honestly believe that their is a suspect, if charged his name would stay in and be open to Fred Murray if not it wouldn't be. Also if suspect was wanted name and charges would be left out. Also I've learned that the public perception of a incident gets distorted by the media. Not blaming media as most info is confidential and closed to the public but I've read hundreds of police reports that didn't match what media was reporting at all. I firmly believe based on my work that there is way more to this then we know.

I wonder if LE has anything on someone? They claimed in court (when Fred Murray sued them) that they have 75% of the case solved, if I remember correctly. LE didn't want to divulge their case information to Maura's family, because it may jeopardize possible future prosecution of a perp. They may very well have their eye on someone. Yet, maybe they don't want to admit they have nothing.

Really? Do you have a link? Because that was 2006 or so wasn't it?

Really? Do you have a link? Because that was 2006 or so wasn't it?

Yes it was from 2006. As testified by Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin.

Prosecutor: Maura Murray Case Could Result in Charges
BY MARK DAVIS
Valley News Staff Writer

NORTH HAVERHILL - A state prosecutor said yesterday there's still a "75 percent chance" he'll file criminal charges in the case of a Massachusetts college student who vanished in Haverhill in 2004. But he said releasing investigative records as requested by the student's father could ruin the potential prosecution.
http://image16.webshots.com/16/0/23/13/2187023130098837713hhBRRV_fs.jpg

The above link is forbidden as I cannot open it for read.

Clicking on the link gives me the 403 error as well. You could also try the following which worked for me: right click the link and "copy shortcut", then paste it into the address bar at the top of your browser.

I think I once read that Fred felt that LE came up with 75% just to deny him access to the records.... Considering it's been 5 years since this was mentioned, he may be right!

I think they didn't want do anything with the missing case (gave up after fruitless search) and they'll wait until the hiker(s)/hunter(s) found the remains from the deep VT/NH/ME woods anytime in the future. It's painful waiting for Fred & his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts