ID ID - Lonnie Jones, 13, Orofino, September 1951

It makes sense to me that as populations exploded there were more killers and more places to hide, when towns and villages were small anyone out of place was instantly noticed and folk knew who in their village was a little 'weird'.
That's how I see it.

It makes sense to me that as populations exploded there were more killers and more places to hide, when towns and villages were small anyone out of place was instantly noticed and folk knew who in their village was a little 'weird'.
That's how I see it.

And starting around the 60's, there was much more travel and relocation across the country. People were coming and going and towns were flooded with 'strangers' unlike the old days, where you knew everyone and their family.

And starting around the 60's, there was much more travel and relocation across the country. People were coming and going and towns were flooded with 'strangers' unlike the old days, where you knew everyone and their family.

Funny thing is, while there are no comprehensive statistics, the data material appears to indicate the number of victims of serial killers per 100,000 population seems to be almost constant (during and after WWI and WWII and after Vietnam seems to be a little lower number for some years).
So my conclusion is, there were always SKs and the always made up a pretty constant share in the population. Only certain typologies got the way of the Dodo while others popped up more. We have for example more medium and high organized SKs now than in the 70s. Which is probably because our media and TV shows train them better nowadays.

Peter

I agree that our film and tv shows are educating them to the ways the FBI can track them. I wish it wasn't working that way.

I agree that our film and tv shows are educating them to the ways the FBI can track them. I wish it wasn't working that way.

On the other hand, the high organized ones are not so much harder to catch than the low organized ones. The difference is only, you have to look closer at the details ... wait, wasn't there an FBI white book lately ...

[=Peter Brendt;8027272]On the other hand, the high organized ones are not so much harder to catch than the low organized ones. The difference is only, you have to look closer at the details ... wait, wasn't there an FBI white book lately ...

:waitasec: :what: :floorlaugh:

Just a note to think on....You didn`t have to attend the movie to buy popcorn in those days.People would buy treats & then wait til the movie was over to catch their ride or possible ride w/whoever was going their way.It was still common practice w/kids when I was a teenger, as there were few cars.

Just a note to think on....You didn`t have to attend the movie to buy popcorn in those days.People would buy treats & then wait til the movie was over to catch their ride or possible ride w/whoever was going their way.It was still common practice w/kids when I was a teenger, as there were few cars.

Yeah, he didn't have to, But it is intriguing to think, he was there because it would explain, why he wasn't seen by anybody in that time gap. And of course, he noticed earlier that he may intended to ho to a movie. But then, you're maybe right and the sheriffs couldn't find anybody who saw him simply by asking on the fair grounds instead asking the teenagers.

:bump:

Bumping to see if Peter has heard back about the pictures yet. Thanks to everyone for the amazing sleuthing. Lonnie deserves justice.

Bumping to see if Peter has heard back about the pictures yet. Thanks to everyone for the amazing sleuthing. Lonnie deserves justice.

Well, those are sixty year old pictures and while I am not at liberty to discuss all, that is spoken currently between me and any LE agency (not only Clearwater County, but all in all cases, I follow), I can say that much: The picture quality is lousy! So it's not done by merely looking at them, that is inconclusive. But there are other ways.

I, for one, have no desire or need to see the pictures. I can imagine how graphic they would be. I just hope to see some progress in the case.

Thank you Peter for all your hard work!

Sure look like yourall are on the right track.

Just need a little break in crime so local LE have little extra time to dig a little bit deeper into this case.

Be nice see yourall's name on front page of local paper under 61 year old Case Is Sloved..

Sure look like yourall are on the right track.

Just need a little break in crime so local LE have little extra time to dig a little bit deeper into this case.

Be nice see yourall's name on front page of local paper under 61 year old Case Is Sloved..

I'm afraid, this will take a little bit longer. But certainly, we got some motion in the case again.

Just wondering if anything was going on for this case. It breaks my heart that Lonnie had to walk so far to get home that night. So sad that he was basically raising himself.

We're down to one prime suspect, but all ways to get a forensic firm tie are blocked by the fact, the case is officially still open and thus, evidence can't be released. And there are still some doubts, how much evidence is left in the police locker anyway, since it appears before 1968 at least, a lot of people with direct connections to the case had access. In other words, we are working on it, but it will take time for example to reconstruct the moves of a man in 1951 and admittedly, it will also cost some money to get some old court documents lets call it "de-dusted".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back