SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious why the details of what HE was last SEEN wearing were not released? Since she was last SEEN by her date, it seems these details would be very important for the public to know. An article of clothing, purse, cell phone could surface ANYWHERE and if it's not in the thoughts of the public it could easily be discarded... I recently read about a home abduction that took place in Columbia SC area and the young girls phone was found in Myrtle Beach near Walmart/ Seaboard St... The family and community has done such an amazing job getting HE's disappearance out there but the public needs to be aware of these details just in case something should surface so it is not overlooked.

If people want Heather's case to get more national attention, they need LE to hold a press conference. I believe that is the reason why Heather's case is getting ignored, despite the fact that she is a pretty, attractive, white, middle-class women, has 30,000+ people who have liked the FB page, has proactive parents who would definitely give an interview to anyone who asked, and went missing right before the slowest news week of the year, between Christmas and New Years. Sure, getting more and more people to "like" the page will look good, but every day that goes by, the case gets older and older. I think the national media needs a video of LE holding a press conference, where they show pictures of Heather, urge everyone to look for her, maybe tell people what else to look out for, basically, set an urgent tone for the case. LE knows this. I don't know if it's just tourism that is stopping them from holding a PC, or maybe they just don't want to deal with the national media and a lot more scrutiny.

I sent this yesterday to the Horry County Public Information Department and got a response from Lieutenant Robert Kegler

But, I do agree, there needs to be "Public Conference" with way more information given directly to the locals aside from just having more "national exposure"!

What ever happened to the day where people took to the streets?

Sitting around on Facebook isn't going to help find HE. :banghead:

I am curious why the details of what HE was last SEEN wearing were not released? Since she was last SEEN by her date, it seems these details would be very important for the public to know. An article of clothing, purse, cell phone could surface ANYWHERE and if it's not in the thoughts of the public it could easily be discarded... I recently read about a home abduction that took place in Columbia SC area and the young girls phone was found in Myrtle Beach near Walmart/ Seaboard St... The family and community has done such an amazing job getting HE's disappearance out there but the public needs to be aware of these details just in case something should surface so it is not overlooked.

Interesting that the phone was discovered near Heather's area.

on FHEFB there is a twitter saying 'I was born to be the other woman'.............WOW, if true was HE involved with a married man? What else could this mean? A jealous woman out there?

Thank you nosysw. Yes that's the link I used to read HE's twitter account. But I didn't hit expand or read conversation (whatever it is) because I don't have an account and was afraid I'd get booted off the page. That's what happened when I clicked on a link to HE's most recent account that someone posted earlier. I read what showed up initially but when I hit load more comments toward the bottom of the page, the page froze and I couldn't go up or down or view again what had been there. Even when I backed out and clicked on the link again, I couldn't see HE's comments for a second time. Therefore, I was afraid to mess with anything in the second link and just read what I could see as I scrolled down. Actually, I went to the end and scrolled up as I like to read in the order the tweets took place.
I'm curious, when you expanded the comments, did the additional remarks clarify the meaning of HE's 66 Days comment made on Nov. 5?
(I know you're sleeping now, I'll check for an answer tomorrow or whenever you have the chance if you read this.) Thanks.

above SBM: Hi, Woe.be.gone: No, the comments didn't clarify the 66 days comment but apparently, judging by a few posts before yours, this was clarified long ago :D . See this is what happens when you have to go to work and can't keep up with the threads anymore, lol. Apparently it is a brand name, so basically not of concern here. However, I did think the comments were note worthy, and, just to let you know, I don't have a twitter account, either, and had the same experience you did getting locked out of another SM account which I don't have either (although you can back to it after a while) so I was hesitant to expand (or hit details, or whatever), but I did, and it worked and I didn't get locked out. So, feel free to try again...it should be all good. By the way, I'm pretty sure I messed up your quote, when I snipped, so that's why I'm putting my response in blue.

Not sure if they can determine what she was wearing, if perhaps her date clothes were there at condo. But a purse description should be easier, I would think, and images of her phone type and possible jewelry.

No problem :)
Thank you.
I went through this list and the two VI I mentioned were just listed under the case name.
I guess my question is does this just mean they are someone close to the case or close to family that may know basic info about the victim in this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about his too. Only because I continually wonder why Heather's schedule and plans, where she worked the week she disappeared, how many jobs she was holding down, where she commonly hung out (Inlet was one place, that isn't the place her car was found, right?), where and when she was starting a new job, school, etc.

None of the above info would jeopardize the investigation I wouldn't think.
The info would just make people aware of her places and if they noticed anything amiss or were aware of anything wrong within those establishments or relationships or clientele.

The one place of employment we're sure of is the Tilted Kilt but NG completely avoided mentioning HE's connection with TK. Therefore, I can't help contemplating that HE's disappearance has something to do with her relationships surrounding TK, whether patron or coworker or even close friends/roommate/s. I can't understand why they'd downplay the place HE spent the most time, besides her apartment, the year leading up to her disappearance. Common sense tells me something involving TK has to do with the investigation.

Hey do we have anyone working for the Government in here? or anyone with connections? that DigitalGlobe thing is free for Government workers. Maybe one could help us out with some imagery??

Sally is the only one I know of... wait wait no. There's also an Ulta somewhere here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ulta is at Coastal Grand and so is Sephora.
I know there used to be a beauty supply distributor that visited salons and took orders. Sally is the only place I'm aware of.

Does anyone know if LE can check Twitter records to see who may have been lurking on Heather's page for a while before her disappearance?

I noticed something on fb. Someone created a new account on debember 15th (before HE's disappearance.) Liked the picture of her she posted on nov 20th. And liked the find heather elvis fb page. Thought it was strange. No profile picture. nothing on timeline and etc. Not b I no other info for account except for location being new york. could be completely innocent and harmless person and just a coincidence My first thought was that someone created an account just to follow the find heather page and remain somewhat unknown sm wise and etc, but that didnt make sense because the account was created before she went missing. I dunno. I could just be way too observant and making something out of nothing but you ever see something that seems just weird????

P.m. me if you need more help finding it.

Sally is the only one I know of... wait wait no. There's also an Ulta somewhere here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This is a very interesting thought, many years ago an incident took place in Conway involving a man that worked in a salon. He was harassing/stalking young women including myself. After telling my father he called the police and they went to the hair salon and had a talk with him. Details later surfaced that he had been making obscene phone calls to a young girl at her work, not sure if charges ever came about. The man later moved to a salon in Loris.

above SBM: Hi, Woe.be.gone: No, the comments didn't clarify the 66 days comment but apparently, judging by a few posts before yours, this was clarified long ago :D . See this is what happens when you have to go to work and can't keep up with the threads anymore, lol. Apparently it is a brand name, so basically not of concern here. However, I did think the comments were note worthy, and, just to let you know, I don't have a twitter account, either, and had the same experience you did getting locked out of another SM account which I don't have either (although you can back to it after a while) so I was hesitant to expand (or hit details, or whatever), but I did, and it worked and I didn't get locked out. So, feel free to try again...it should be all good. By the way, I'm pretty sure I messed up your quote, when I snipped, so that's why I'm putting my response in blue.

I'm not convinced the 66 days comment is connected to face cream - sounds good but it isn't a known product and makes no sense that peeps would understand what it signifies. Unlike "camel toe", lol!
I won't belabor this issue (oops, yes I will) but, if HE was selling the line or something it might make sense. From what I saw, she was more into announcing her emotional state and relationship struggles. It makes no sense to me that she'd be shouting out an obscure skin care line.
Something or someone she had stepped away from for 66 days makes more sense to me or something she was looking forward too - tomorrow.

Not sure if they can determine what she was wearing, if perhaps her date clothes were there at condo. But a purse description should be easier, I would think, and images of her phone type and possible jewelry.

I would think that her date would have provided a description of what she was wearing when she was dropped off at her home.... since this is the last time she was "seen" I would think these details would be important, just incase she never had the opportunity to change clothes?

I would think that her date would have provided a description of what she was wearing when she was dropped off at her home.... since this is the last time she was "seen" I would think these details would be important, just incase she never had the opportunity to change clothes?

But maybe they know she DID change out of her date clothes, with no idea what she put on.

For goodness sake. Why didn't someone just say so!
Although, googling doesn't bring the product line up.

Would tweeting 66 Days to her followers have them understanding what she's talking about?

Also, about HE's new job as a makeup artist. Do you or anybody have a link or any information regarding her credentials and such. Why was she going to be able to make the transition into the beauty business now?
I can't seem to pull up a working link to the salon she was planning to join.

I don't know if this has been answered; I talked with my stylist today and she told me that while makeup artists are required to be licensed here, she didn't think that this particular salon had any qualms about hiring unlicensed workers. I'm not sure if anyone ever found any confirmation that Heather went to HGTC?

This is a very interesting thought, many years ago an incident took place in Conway involving a man that worked in a salon. He was harassing/stalking young women including myself. After telling my father he called the police and they went to the hair salon and had a talk with him. Details later surfaced that he had been making obscene phone calls to a young girl at her work, not sure if charges ever came about. The man later moved to a salon in Loris.

There's an Ulta at Coastal Grand Mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member