TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Sarx has, or can, offer expert opinion on how much stock we should put in the bloodhound scent tracking on day 4?

I think most of us, based on the great speculation and analysis I've read here today, have discounted it from being a key piece of evidence in determining what happened to Hailey (general consensus that she may not have even left the house after 12/26). If that scent was supposed to be her last scent away from the home, could it have been from before 12/26 p.m.? Or, is it date stamped for lack of a better term? She probably went to CD's and MB's regularly. Could it have just been wrong? How reliable is it? Is the motel hit (which the dogs didn't follow to but were lead to) simply a wrong hit because video doesn't show her there for a month (I think NG said they watched 30 days of video - could be wrong). Now, keep in mind, we got the info from BD herself and she conveyed it to us on NG to support SA's story of where Hailey said she was going on 12/27. LE didn't like that she released the info at all. BD even said she didn't think LE wanted her to mention it, but she did anyway. Does LE even think it's accurate or relevant?

I just want to rid my mental fridge of anything that is now longer good in helping to find Hailey, and don't want to toss out anything that is still important.

Thanks. Which really means HD as DD was not home, correct? Did DD have a phone but HD did not?

good question...I am thinking DD had his own phone (or was it B's) that B asked him to text H to come home....

does anyone know WHERE DD WAS when he texted his sister friends phone for her to come home....(since he could not have spoken to H ..on B's phone she left for the kids to use????)

Here's a question I have that perhaps someone has a theory about....

What would a person ....who had just abducted/harmed/killed a child....have a reason to go.....to his mom's house...of all places????

Could there be outbuildings on her property to hide the body???
Shower and change his clothes?
dispose of tools?....her clothes???

I have no idea...why......he would go...to his mom's....if he is guilty..

I have a suspicion...his mom KNOWS!!!!

I wonder ... if his mom works during those hours,perhaps he has a key or she leaves it unlocked. (I would imagine theres a key he has access to). Perhaps Haily was in that home with him? Hope police and a forensics team have been there.

Here is a link for the MS band: http://colorado.region14.net/webs/cbranch/

If you download the band handbook there is a calendar there with important dates that the students and parents need to know. It denotes that the winter concert was part of the students grade and while the band director has discretion on if the absent is excused or not, it has to be a good one, not just wanting to go would not be excepted.

Depending on how large of a percentage is assigned to the concert, Hailey missing the concert could drop her a full letter.

Not really sure how this could help with finding Hailey but there was some questions concerning the band a few pages ago so I thought that I would share.

Mel

I wonder if this has been confirmed by LE? I know BD mentioned this on NG but do we know that for sure?

Co-workers can confirm if BD was at work. If there were no pings around the tower that covers her work area, then she probably didn't have her phone at work.

TY!! I just watched again & I stand corrected..He did NOT say he saw her "that day"..I'm glad this is cleared up :)

I'm going to edit my post now.

eta..Now can someone find the video of NG & Billie re: Hailey talking outside on the phone? TIA!

Not sure if this is the exact video/transcript you are looking for, but here is what I think you wanted:

Starting at 1:35 talking about the sighting (or transcript posted below):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWmdLnm7qA[/ame]

GRACE: One more thing I`ve got to ask you. You have told me, and we have asked police, and they tell us they cannot confirm it, that a neighbor sees your daughter Hailey in your backyard around 12:00 noon, talking on the cell phone. That would be the Monday. The Monday she goes missing.

But police say they have tried to verify that, and they cannot. Are you positive? And what neighbor is it?

DUNN: He is actually living in a neighbor`s house. I think his name is Charles. The man that owns the house is Travis. But he told us that he seen Hailey in the backyard and he said he told police that also.

GRACE: OK, because we have asked police and they`re telling us they cannot verify it. And if that`s true, that means that nobody absolutely can positively say they saw Hailey since the night before at 10:00 when you saw her watching TV.

That changes the whole -- that`s a whole new ball game if we cannot spot her. Your son comes home, your 16-year-old comes home at 4:00 p.m. the next day, Monday. Hailey is not there. The boyfriend is there.

And your son says he beats on the door, he can`t get in, takes him five minutes. He has to get in the house, nobody will let him in the door, and he sees your boyfriend and your boyfriend he says has a deer-in-the- headlights look. This is at 4:00 p.m.

But Miss Dunn, I did not invite you on tonight just to rake you over the coals about these various inconsistencies about the New Year`s Eve party. I want to hear what you have to say tonight.

DUNN: Well, I wanted to come on to clear some of that up. I don`t want to be perceived as a bad person even by people who don`t know me. But the main reason I am here, I don`t want people to get away from the fact that the whole reason we are here and we are talking to media is because my 13-year-old daughter isn`t in my house. Somebody knows where she is.

Yeah... we have a name for a Grandmother.

It is in the above story. Does that mean we can sleuth her?

Locals...Is RN the same grandmother that he is staying with?

I just knew his family was going to stand up and say the SA would "never do nuthing to that little girl, besides he was at werk"...to quote Ronald Cummings family!

I am wondering if SA & BD read here at WS (or some of the other True Crime Websites) and got pointers from the Haleigh Cummings case!!!

DEAR GOD PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME!

No, it does not mean you can sleuth her. You may discuss her public comments and appearances on NG or other media outlets, but you can't sleuth innocent folks.

HTH,

Salem
Mod

Here's a question I have that perhaps someone has a theory about....

What would a person ....who had just abducted/harmed/killed a child....have a reason to go.....to his mom's house...of all places????

Could there be outbuildings on her property to hide the body???
Shower and change his clothes?
dispose of tools?....her clothes???

I have no idea...why......he would go...to his mom's....if he is guilty..

I have a suspicion...his mom KNOWS!!!!

Maybe he went to mom's for an alibi? He has someone who can say he was at work in the a.m. then he is unseen for a couple of hours and if he stays at home then no one will see him. However, if he goes to mom's and someone else is at mom's that can verify him being there than at least he has an alibi for the rest of the day, right? He obviously thought that time frame of the missing two hours was not going to be noticed by anybody, because he was still saying in his last interview that he went directly from work to mom's house.

Cogdell Rehab & Wellness
<modsnip>
Snyder, TX <modsnip>

Isn't that where she works or no?

Or Cogdell Memorial Hospital 1700 Cogdell drive Snyder??
Both are close to each other and same name Cogdell maybe why the confusion ?

Yeah... we have a name for a Grandmother.

It is in the above story. Does that mean we can sleuth her?
Locals...Is RN the same grandmother that he is staying with?

I just knew his family was going to stand up and say the SA would "never do nuthing to that little girl, besides he was at werk"...to quote Ronald Cummings family!

I am wondering if SA & BD read here at WS (or some of the other True Crime Websites) and got pointers from the Haleigh Cummings case!!!

DEAR GOD PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME!

Bolded respectfully by me.

My advice is to make sure to contact a mod, explain to that mod who it is you want to sleuth and why and how that person is connected to this case.

(not all mods or admin will be familiar with this case and it's players and their involvement).

Wait for a response. Then post if given the permission.

JMHO and advice from previous experiences on WS. :)

Two days prior to Hailey going missing. No, Hailey did not look happy. What I find strange is Billy's hand isn't even on her daughter. I know when I've been in pictures like this, I place my hand on my child's leg so as to include them. Does this make sense?

That totally makes sense. This picture, to me, is very telling as to the family dynamics and Hailey possibly feeling pushed aside/left out. IMO.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...141840975874435&pid=271114&id=141840975874435

His uncle that lives around Abilene and is he the uncle SA said he saw that day?What happened with yesterday's search?

SA's mom's family (Taggart/Norwood) is large. My guess is that the uncle that said he saw Shawn that day is not the one quoted in the ABC News article (MT from Abilene), but possibly one that lives closer to the Big Spring/Odessa area. Could even be the uncle whose son is "stabwoundintercourse."

Snipped by me:
"(When we foudn out MB and HD had never spent the night at each other's house and MB's mom had never seen BD until she saw her on NG.)"

This threw up a huge red flag for me. They had NEVER spent the night together. The moms had NEVER even met. Makes me wonder, if SA just couldn't remember any of her other friends' names, so he utilized a name he knew.

This brings up another red flag for me concerning BD. We now find out that HD had never ever spent the night at MB's before, yet when SA tells her that is where HD is, she never bothers to check it out. I could give her a pass if it was a routine thing and she knew things were okay. But if my kid left me a message that she was spending the night somewhere new, with people I didnt know, I would be on the phone or at their door to check things out.

Sorry I am confused on this issue of B's phone that she claimed she left at home for the kids to use....

was this the phone...B's phone....that S deleted the calls/call lists from...while in front of the LE....????.......or.......did he delete the call/call list.....from his OWN phone while in front of the LE???

thanks to anyone clearing this up for me......

Had a thought today. SA stated that he had gone to his mother's that day, right? Was there anything in the affadavits from her regarding him doing so and what time he arrived there? Does it match up with his story? Was she home that day while he was there? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I was just about to say the same thing! I work inner city and there is great signal there, but when im in the shop if i go out of reception towards the back of the shop my phone signal drops out. also near where my mum lives there is a little bit land which the road goes through which is maybe !/4 of a mile if not less, that is a no signal zone, we have a thing where if anyone is talking to someone on a phone hats in a car, and they are going through that bit its always a "captins pond! call me back in 5!" thing. HOWEVER! this area does not show up as a dead spot on the mobile coverage map for the carrier.

the other thing is has anyone read the full affadavit for "search of data" ? it has two pages regarding the media they want to search then repeats all the things in the original affadavits, but it says the following - SA's phone was pinging from the CCity verizon tower, Texas "from 6.35am to 6.56am with a break in usage until 9.48am thru 2.40pm where records indicate Adkins phone was in the area of big spring, texas<snip> which captured 11 phone calls between 9.48am and 2.40pm"

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/...arch-data-storage-media/23371/#section_header

what does that mean? have they just worded it confusingly? it doesnt mean his phone was off or out of signal until 2.40pm does it? sorry, i might just be having a blonde moment :waitasec:

Break in usage is from 6:56am to 9:48am...but does break mean lost of towers to ping off or something worse...taking the battery out....Im not sure

There were some really great posts last night. We talked about parental instincts. I don't post much, but I read every post you guys write, and again I am blown away by the wisdom and the compassion on this site. I don't know if this will help, but it might, so here goes.

My best friend was licensed in her field, made a great living and easily supported her 11-year old daughter and 14-year old son. She was married, but she and her husband couldn't live together because they fought all the time. The kids lived with her. It took me a couple of years to realize that she was, and had been for awhile, addicted to prescription pain pills. I had no idea. It was another year before things for her started to go downhill. She lost her license, started dating an alcoholic, moved into government housing and spent every dime she had chasing down pills from dealers, friends and family. Truant officers showed up at her house all the time because she never could get up to take her kids to school. Her son made it out eventually when he graduated HS. Her daughter didn't. She loved her mom, but she didn't love the addiction. I guess she felt that if she couldn't beat it, join it. She eventually dropped out of everything--cheerleading and then school altogether. She dated boys her mom never knew about, she had access to all of her mom's pills and liquor. She came and went as she pleased. The home was full of anger--all induced by alcohol and pills. My friend and her alcoholic boyfriend had violent fights. She stayed in hotels sometimes to hide from him with the kids. When she ran out of pills and couldn't get more quick enough, the withdrawals were unimaginable. She would be violently ill, in tremendous pain, and look 10 years older. When she finally got them, she would over-use and become catatonic. She made absolutely no sense when she spoke. She was so unaware of what was going on around her, there's no way she could account for what happened the night before.

Here's my point: I asked posters last night when their hinky meters went off. Mine went off when BD said she went into HD's room Monday morning to ease her mind. She didn't touch her to see if it was really her. I've seen my friend do that countless times. She had vague recollections of the night before, but was never really sure of anything. Her parents and I would get the late night calls begging for help until finally she retired and moved away with them. They enable her to this day.

What happened to HD could've happened to my friend's daughter at anytime. Her daughter also had things, like hoodies, that she never would have left behind if she had a choice. My friend would have said "all I know is she's not
in this house." It would have been the only thing she could say coherently that would have made sense to her.

Hope this helps some of you....again, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.