VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be prepared to move to a new thread.

This one will close in ten minutes.

:tyou:

Agree. Not the type of case a lawyer would take on contingency. In contingency cases, typically the attorney takes a percentage of what the jury awards in a case. There is no money to be made here. Perhaps the OP erred in the use of the term contingency, rather they may have meant pro bono.

Wait I thought it wasn't ethical to take a criminal case on contingency?

I wouldn't be surprised at all at this point if they have the forensic results and do not release them. I also think that they know where jm is, which is the reason I don't think they will release the results to the public. They have lost opportunities twice to get to talk to him, and I don't think that they want him to panic and do something to himself or go running again if they make the results public. I have a feeling that they are building their case, and it's likely we won't hear anything until there is an arrest, or Hannah is found....hopefully found alive. If he is responsible for her disappearance, I also wouldn't be surprised if it's not the first time. They have dna evidence in other missing girl cases, and now probably have his from the evidence they have collected from his car and apartment. And I think that might be the reason for his going on the run. He knows that if he was responsible for the other missing girls, they now know. I think that he might have even been on their radar for sometime even before Hannah's disappearance, which might explain why they are seem SO adamant that they need to speak to him. It might be like "We finally got something on him". All just speculation and my opinion.

I've seen it said in a lot of posts that JM has no money, wouldn't want to use a lot of gas, can't afford an attorney, etc. do we know anything concrete about his financial affairs? It appears he has/had a full time job, likely with benefits/health insurance at a fine university hospital, why the posts about him being poor?

Its also been said thats hes well known/considered a regular at local bars around the downtown mall area. Perhaps he spend a lot of money on drinking and eating out?

Given the condition of his car and the inspection sticker that appears to be almost 5 months out of date, keeping his car in roadworthy condition certainly doesnt seem to be a priority.

at the last press conference a reporter asked about the helicopter in the air the day before, imo they had sight of him

I don't believe they tried, once he did whatever it was they could use to nail him with reckless. I also believe they know exactly where he is.

They have a warrant. If they know exactly where he is, why would they not pick him up on it?

the kind of drones you are talking about are not available to civilian law enforcements ,

what people are calling drones are nothing more than radio controlled quad copters

Would the FBI be able to use higher tech drones in this case, since they are involved?

Exactly. I imagine if I did not show up to work for a few days (probably without even calling in), and, oh wait - I MIGHT have abducted and hurt someone...I think my employer would be reconsidering, too. The not showing up, alone, is enough to be let go - someone has to do the job! Of course, I live in a state where you can be let go without any reason or warning at all - I'm not sure about VA.

If I were innocent I'd show up so media circus could follow me and my work request me to go home with pay.

Exactly. I imagine if I did not show up to work for a few days (probably without even calling in), and, oh wait - I MIGHT have abducted and hurt someone...I think my employer would be reconsidering, too. The not showing up, alone, is enough to be let go - someone has to do the job! Of course, I live in a state where you can be let go without any reason or warning at all - I'm not sure about VA.

if he is innocent though , they could get sued for firing him.

his excuse is he needs to take medical or personal leave. im being framed for a crime I did not commit.

Just quickly about Temp and their hours...
Tempo is more of a restaurant then it is a bar. They serve dinner from 5-10 daily. Kitchen stays open till 10pm. The bar stays open till 1am give or take...but if its busy they stay open till 2am...the time when you legally have to stop serving alcohol in VA. At 1am the restaurant would be closed but the bar still open.
Hopefully that clears some stuff up.

I still can't figure out how a person who can't pay his rent, or keep his license or insurance up to date, etc., can go into what must be a pricey upscale bar and buy "drinks" with such ease. It's odd to me.

I don't have a problem with him talking to LE with an attorney, I wish he would. But I don't think his behavior is the norm at all, at least not for an innocent person, but that's just my opinion.

In reference to him buying an underage girl a drink and being selfless I will assume you are referring to another poster's comments since I didn't bring that up in my post.

Hm.

I was totally talking in general terms of what I have seen on here re many cases. The never talk without a lawyer.

Talking in general about the drink. I was thinking about a good comment on here about him looking for a vulnerable girl. Sounds good to me.

But then he could just be generous.

With the fact they are searchung rural areas, I think he is the one, however

his excuse is he needs to take medical or personal leave. im being framed for a crime I did not commit.

Maybe, and that's a big maybe jmo, but an employee has to request medical or personal leave ahead of time. We don't know if he has or hasn't, but I don't think you can just go on the run and not go to work and then when they try to fire you say "well I was on the run didn't you hear"?

Albemarle, Louisa, Fluvanna, Madison, Greene, Buckingham....to name a few.

Nelson, Augusta, Amherst.

all of these are immediately surrounding Charlottesville or within 45 minutes.

Which is why they could waste precious time if all those residents with all those thousands of acres searched their own properties and called in everything suspicious. In order to be helpful, we need more information.

Leaves have to be approved by your work.

JMO MOO - Maybe they do have a warrant, but are keeping it quiet b/c they want to catch up with him & arrest him before he has a chance to attempt suicide???

I have been worried about potential suicide since he went on the lam. I want LE to get him alive b/c, assuming he's involved in Hannah's disappearance and any other crimes, Hannah's family deserves answers. JMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised at all at this point if they have the forensic results and do not release them. I also think that they know where jm is, which is the reason I don't think they will release the results to the public. They have lost opportunities twice to get to talk to him, and I don't think that they want him to panic and do something to himself or go running again if they make the results public. I have a feeling that they are building their case, and it's likely we won't hear anything until there is an arrest, or Hannah is found....hopefully found alive. If he is responsible for her disappearance, I also wouldn't be surprised if it's not the first time. They have dna evidence in other missing girl cases, and now probably have his from the evidence they have collected from his car and apartment. And I think that might be the reason for his going on the run. He knows that if he was responsible for the other missing girls, they now know. I think that he might have even been on their radar for sometime even before Hannah's disappearance, which might explain why they are seem SO adamant that they need to speak to him. It might be like "We finally got something on him". All just speculation and my opinion.

Agree with all said. I am hoping this is the calm before the storm.

jmo

I still can't figure out how a person who can't pay his rent, or keep his license or insurance up to date, etc., can go into what must be a pricey upscale bar and buy "drinks" with such ease. It's odd to me.

Who knows if he paid with his own money? Maybe Hannah had money with her.

I also noticed that. If Jesse made no attempt to clean the interior of his car then he is either the laziest criminal ever or he isn't worried about anything relating to Hannah. Good point.

Look at the pictures of the outside of his car, it hasn't been washed in quite a while. Including the tires. There are flip flops in there rear window. Car has not been cleaned. I am more and more afraid LE is looking in the wrong direction. They have tried and convicted him in the media, but obviously they don't have anything to connect him to HG's disappearance or they would have issued a warrant by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea