VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reporting chatter from other sites, FWIW, but there is a crowd of reporters and LE at the Barrack Mall in C-Ville. Don't know what's up....

Leaves have to be approved by your work.

As I understand UVA's system, employees build up Paid Time Off, which can be used at any time for any reason. If he has built up enough leave, he can take a week off without reason. But please don't quote me on that.

I still can't figure out how a person who can't pay his rent, or keep his license or insurance up to date, etc., can go into what must be a pricey upscale bar and buy "drinks" with such ease. It's odd to me.

I don't know how he did it, but I can tell you as a recovering alcoholic who never paid her bills or debts I was still able to be very drunk go on trips and was a regular in most of the bars around my area. Upscale?? LOL no, but not the seediest either.

Just giving my own experience I don't know if he is an alcoholic or addict.

I still can't figure out how a person who can't pay his rent, or keep his license or insurance up to date, etc., can go into what must be a pricey upscale bar and buy "drinks" with such ease. It's odd to me.

Speculation: he's spending his money on wants not needs

if he is innocent though , they could get sued for firing him.

his excuse is he needs to take medical or personal leave. im being framed for a crime I did not commit.

You can always sue for being fired, doesnt mean you'll get anything out of it especially in the state of Va. They can fire you here for any reason...or no reason at all. The folliwing is taken directly from the Va.gov labor law page.

Virginia is an employment-at-will state; this means the employer may terminate any employee at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. As a general rule, therefore, the employee has no right to challenge the termination. There are a few very limited exceptions. For example, an employee may not be discriminated against or terminated because he has filed a safety complaint or exercised his rights under OSHA law. Virginia Code § 40.1-51.2:1. Also, federal law protects employees from discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin or handicap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member