17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no one in the Orlando / Sanford area watched the reporter Jennifer Bisram of FOX 35 on the 10 o'clock news? I think she was going to report on the 'prank' story.

Imo, the atty's 'press release' via Reuters ( link ) is nothing more than crowd control and spin. Esp since lie detector tests (which includes, among other things, voice stress tests) are not admissible in a court of law due to the 1923 precedent setting case of Frye v United States, wherein Frye wanted to submit the results of a lie detector test to prove his innocence. Florida, btw, is one of the few states that is still a Frye state (which was recently reaffirmed pdf ). Many states have since moved to the 1993 precedent setting case of Daubert v Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals ( link )

:crazy: Taafe calling the community "more like a concentration camp now"
He's way too over the top for me!!

Do you have a link to her website? I looked at the article again and see no retraction which seems to me to be the proper place to RETRACT a false story. But, who am I to say?

Mod note:

I have removed all references to the "retraction" that apparently wasn't?

Best I can tell this all came from some Facebook???

PLEASE NO SOCIAL MEDIA!

It is hard enough to follow the MSM reports. Absolutely no Facebook references.

If anyone can find a legit link to the retraction, please post it. Otherwise, disregard, okay?

I should be preparing for tomorrow's dinner but I can't pull myself away from this thread!!

This article quotes the National Sheriff's Assn as saying the complex wasn't even registered to be in the Neighborhood Watch Program:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/318716/20120323/george-zimmerman-florida-shooting-trayvon-martin.htm

In a statement, the National Sheriffs' Association said its Neighborhood Watch Program is to act as the "eyes and ears" within the community, reported the Washington Post. "The alleged action of a 'self-appointed neighborhood watchman' last month in Sanford, Fla., significantly contradicts the principles" of the program. "NSA has no information indicating the community where the incident occurred has ever even registered with the NSA Neighborhood Watch program," said the organization.

<Mod Snip>

SIMMONS: Bill Cosby weighs in on Trayvon Martin case

By Deborah Simmons

-

The Washington Times

1:27 p.m., Saturday, April 7, 2012
Mugshot

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

“The gun.”

Those two simple words flowed easily from the mouth of social commentator Bill Cosby during an exclusive interview Friday regarding the Trayvon Martin case, arguably the most high-profile, citizen-on-citizen U.S. slaying facing the Obama administration.

Trayvon was killed Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, who told police that a “confrontation” with the unarmed 17-year-old led him to shoot in self-defense.

Mr. Cosby, a Navy veteran, said “the gun” empowered Mr. Zimmerman, whose actions have stirred a firestorm of debate, protests and remarks from President Obama.

“We’ve got to get the gun out of the hands of people who are supposed to be on neighborhood watch,” said Mr. Cosby, whose remarks were the first he has made publicly about the case.

“Without a gun, I don’t see Mr. Zimmerman approaching Trayvon by himself,” Mr. Cosby explained. “The power-of-the-gun mentality had him unafraid to confront someone. Even police call for backup in similar situations.

“When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody,” he said.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/7/simmons-bill-cosby-weighs-trayvon-martin-case/

Cosby's son was shot to death.

Sounds like last Sunday but i didn't hear a confirmation!

From what the reporter stated, I'm thinking this occurred last Sunday also. But for a few seconds, did have me wondering IF I had totally missed Easter though since I spent almost all day on Friday thinking it was Saturday...JMHO

If there is a case they have a right to hold things close to the vest and let it come out when the right time is. and not in the public eye. With the amount of misinformation, and bias information, it would be best to keep tempers down and keep the case close to the vest till the investigation dictates differently.
BUT you are right I do think there may be a few lost jobs.
IMHO it should have been an investigation from the very start.

I guess the point that puzzles me is, the SPD had already made the decision that he was innocent when they let him go with no charges. The only reason this situation has escalated to the point it has is because there is a public perception of guilt because of virtually no corroborating evidence of his story, which is borderline incredulous to many.

There would be no justice department investigation if anyone had shown tangible, believable evidence of a broken nose.

There would be no special prosecutor if there were pictures of the back of his head looking like it went through a meat grinder.

He was at the police station 36 minutes after he pulled the trigger looking fresh as a daisy to many!

If his story is true, why wouldn't the SPD want to diffuse this craziness that's swirling around their town when all it would take to start is some kind of reasonable evidence of his claims being true?

Do these people realize that their stonewalling the public of the truth, which ever way it lies, has brought all of this down on themselves?

< mod snip >

IMO, JHMO, MOO, etc.

Mod note:

I have removed all references to the "retraction" that apparently wasn't?

Best I can tell this all came from some Facebook???

PLEASE NO SOCIAL MEDIA!

It is hard enough to follow the MSM reports. Absolutely no Facebook references.

If anyone can find a legit link to the retraction, please post it. Otherwise, disregard, okay?

That was my bad.. The reporter had a link on her FB and then that link had been deleted... I called it a "retraction" in the sense that the link was retracted from her page.. Didn't realize it would cause such melee.. but then again I should have known...
So sorry to cause the mods a problem unnecessarily...

I guess the point that puzzles me is, the SPD had already made the decision that he was innocent when they let him go with no charges. The only reason this situation has escalated to the point it has is because there is a public perception of guilt because of virtually no corroborating evidence of his story, which is borderline incredulous to many.

There would be no justice department investigation if anyone had shown tangible, believable evidence of a broken nose.

There would be no special prosecutor if there were pictures of the back of his head looking like it went through a meat grinder.

He was at the police station 36 minutes after he pulled the trigger looking fresh as a daisy to many!

If his story is true, why wouldn't the SPD want to diffuse this craziness that's swirling around their town when all it would take to start is some kind of reasonable evidence of his claims being true?

Do these people realize that their stonewalling the public of the truth, which ever way it lies, has brought all of this down on themselves?

< mod snip >

IMO, JHMO, MOO, etc.

Exactly! They went to all kinds of trouble releasing lots of evidence in the case like the partial police reports and 911 calls to justify what they did.

They even released burglary reports with the victims names, addresses and phone numbers to somehow justify what Zimmerman did.

But they refuse to release the reports on the clothing of both shooter and victim, refuse to release the info on Zimmerman's injuries or the ballistics of the gunshot or the witness statements.

and IMO

I posted this link last evening and asked you to please indicate where the "cut-through street" is you keep referencing in your posts. Could you please take a moment and point it out to me. TIA.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...on-martin.html?scp=2&sq=trayvon martin&st=cse
~jmo~

Photo legend

Gold
Dispatcher: Ok you said it is 1111 Retreat View Circle or 111?
GZ: That's the club house
Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?

Pink (*Indicates where a left would have been)
GZ: ....Yep, when you come to the club house you come straight in and make a left ...

Blue (*The first left is a through street, but he's trying to direct him to the street he's on, which is also a left, but not really - it cuts through and straightens out)
GZ: ...actually, you would go past the club house. (*still directing near club house)
Dispatcher: Oh, you say it's on the left hand side from the club house?
GZ: No, you go in, straight through the entrance and then you make a left, ummm, yeah you go straight in, don't turn and make a left.

*my notes

Attachments

• cutthrough.png
    cutthrough.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 35
I listened to the Prank video news report. The sound currently on my computer isn't so hot so I am sure I missed alot. Maybe someone else can report? Looks like Frank Taaffe got alot of facetime.
I think the report said that the FBI folks should be finishing up their work in the next few days and turning their findings over to the DOJ. So... we wait.

That was my bad.. The reporter had a link on her FB and then that link had been deleted... I called it a "retraction" in the sense that the link was retracted from her page.. Didn't realize it would cause such melee.. but then again I should have known...
So sorry to cause the mods a problem unnecessarily...

No worries! I found myself trying to follow the trail of crumbs and I got confused. It is so hard to even know which MSM articles are thoroughly factual at this point (as opposed to race to press to get the scoop!) that I don't want social media to cloud an already murky situation. :)

except for sports and movies but my DH got into the habit of DVR'ing Cobsy shows and he and the boys have watch one every might before bed for the lasy 2 years or so(me too sometinmes but I'm in bed early). My 13 yr old boys love this show and it makes lots of good discussions with Dad. That was a great show-DH & I watched the originals..we're getting old...

I love Bill Cosby! I still watch The Cosby Show!

MY FAVORITE COSBY EPISODE:

Season 4 Episode 02 - Call of the Wild - YouTube

Wish we still had television like this!

Photo legend

Gold
Dispatcher: Ok you said it is 1111 Retreat View Circle or 111?
GZ: That's the club house
Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?

Pink (*Indicates where a left would have been)
GZ: ....Yep, when you come to the club house you come straight in and make a left ...

Blue (*The first left is a through street, but he's trying to direct him to the street he's on, which is also a left, but not really - it cuts through and straightens out)
GZ: ...actually, you would go past the club house. (*still directing near club house)
Dispatcher: Oh, you say it's on the left hand side from the club house?
GZ: No, you go in, straight through the entrance and then you make a left, ummm, yeah you go straight in, don't turn and make a left.

*my notes

So Zimmerman indicates it as a cut through street so no wonder I'm confused. There is no cut through street in the complex. There are only 2 streets in the complex - which are Retreat View Circle and Twin Trees. I don't consider Twin Trees as a cut through road. Thanks for answering my question.

~jmo~

Bumping original post with snips for focus:

Please continue here.

<snip>

We will no longer allow discussion of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson,the Black Panther, or the Neo Nazi's protest(s). There are way too many <modsnips> and timeouts to continue this discussion. We will allow MSM links to such protests, but no discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff