bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

Well, I guess the family felt like they couldn't send the aunt out to do interviews anymore after this morning. Maybe they were refusing to do anymore interviews so the networks hired this guy?

I think this guy just kinda showed up after making a deal with some network and he convinced the family he was there to investigate the case. My take is he is there to create a circus seeking media attention and I am really really hoping he does not make this worse than it already is.

Exactly. It is not clear who hired him. He didn't say, and the reporter comment was just an offhand guess. He's a slimy publicity hound and celebrity chaser. Three years in the NYPD and he quit to start this circus business of his. He makes me wanna puke.

My dad was a PI, and I know a lot of PI's. I respect the good ones. The bad ones are unethical and sleazy. This guy is off the charts. He's probably not being paid by anyone. He's there for himself, and he has completely duped that crowd of poor slobs who followed him out there.

He also needs a wardrobe consultant.

I really think I'm gonna be sick.
Agreeing also.

I heard this guy talking to the reporting crew before they went live, and thought, "Hm. Who is this guy? Family must have relatives on the East Coast. Longshoreman, maybe. In to provide emotional support."

Then he started his little live ramble and - off the charts self-promotion.

Then Just-a-Guy posted the Wild Bill page. Yikes!

This makes me so sad, I feel like no one cares about Lisa, no one seems to care where she is or that she's missing they just want their 15 min of fame.

And still the parents don't show their faces???? Where are they? Why aren't they stepping up to the plate? Looks like they are letting others take control of the situation. I just don't get it.

:headshake: This is bad. This means baby Lisa just became more and less than a story. She is a ratings tool now, almost like a brand. I think this investigator is there to "drive" this story forward somehow. I just wish I knew who hired him.

There's no way this guy was hired by the networks to find Lisa. I don't think they want their "Search for Lisa" story to end.

I'd say, "Oh, let's look at the bright side!" But I don't really see one.

Oh geez - and just when I thought it was gonna slow down enough to get a good night's sleep for a change......

This family is not very discerning / naive IMHO. If they think THIS is an improvement over cousin Ashley.

Why would networks hire a media hoar PI? What investment or deal are they protecting? Honestly! This is getting cheesier by the minute...

Does anyone know of a stranger abduction where the victim was under the age of 1 year? A solved crime or a crime where there was a happy ending? The abductions referenced in earlier posts were all female between the ages of 6-12 I believe.. and they were committed by sexual predators. I can't think of any for a 10 month old altho Im sure it exists somewhere...

Out of over 270 infant kidnappings since the 80's, only 12 were not returned home safe.

There's no way this guy was hired by the networks to find Lisa. I don't think they want their "Search for Lisa" story to end.

We don't know yet who hired him. He may just be working independently to promote himself, take advantage of the free airtime and publicity. (That'd be bad enough!) Networks have hired him in the past though, according to the reporter lady.

Bill Stanton's statement was basically saying there is a perp or perps and he is here to find them. He first said he was representing the family but, then also said he was not there to represent the family. He is not here to defend anyone, just to investigate the case and be a liaison of sorts between LE and media and the family. He hopes to sit down and go over the investigation so far with law enforcement if they will talk with him.

Also, he was not hired by family. He was hired by networks. Reporter accidentally stated this on live stream. Not sure if she was supposed to reveal that.

Fat chance of that happening.

I think you're missing something, with all due respect. This guy is a publicity hound and celebrity chaser. I'm actually a little sick to the stomach after watching that. I don't think he is being paid by the family. I think he's in it for himself. Either they're really stupid, and being duped by him, or they see some advantage I don't see to having his involvement. I can't think of anything along those lines that doesn't leave me a little bit ill....
It is beyond inappropriate and bizarre that the media would pay for this guy to be the spokesman.

Stanton left the police department, opened a private investigation agency and became a personal bodyguard. At the same time, Stanton became bouncer at a trendy nightclub. And after hobnobbing with celebrities, decided he wanted to be one himself.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/1742242...ching_your_back/t/who-wild-bill/#.TpUJB82LHsJ

One thing he did was make me feel sorry for the family behind him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back