James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Cynic, Is it possible for you to give us a hint as to the books ideas on Burke? TIA
Kolar does not explicitly mention who he thinks was responsible for the death of JonBenet, although it’s clear that he feels that there is behavioral evidence, some statements to childhood friends ,as well as some things found during the course of executing a search warrant in the home that collectively form a somewhat troubling picture of Burke.

I am a newb, but have been trying to keep up. Could someone please explain why we (they) tip-toe around Burke? Is it because he WAS a minor when this happened? It doesn't matter that this is 16 years later ?

Yes. He was like 9. Given the nature of the crime - I do not know if you have read the autopsy report or not.

Yes. He was like 9. Given the nature of the crime - I do not know if you have read the autopsy report or not.

Yes I have read everything on "acandyrose". Maybe I am confused because I dont understand the legalities. Just seemed strange to me how everyone tiptoes around him and won't just come out and state the obvious (if there is even anything "obvious")

I am a newb, but have been trying to keep up. Could someone please explain why we (they) tip-toe around Burke? Is it because he WAS a minor when this happened? It doesn't matter that this is 16 years later ?
I believe it stems from legal concerns. Although I think that Kolar would prevail in a lawsuit, it would still be financially painful.
On a forum such as this, individuals are also responsible, legally, for their own posts as Tricia reminded us not long ago.

JR: She was laying on the blanket, and the blanket was kind of folded around her legs. And her arms were tied behind her head, and there was some pieces of black tape*(inaudible)*on her legs, and her head was cocked to the side.
TT:*(Inaudible)
JR: I’m all right.
TT: I know this is*(inaudible)*after you found JonBenet, and*(inaudible)*if you would, where was Fleet at when that happened?

ref: John Ramsey BPD Interview - April 30, 1997
[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9932"]John Ramsey BPD Interview - April 30, 1997 - Forums For Justice[/ame]
(mid page)

Since Burke has never done any interviews, he is still considered a private citizen. That means it's a lot easier for him to sue and win a lawsuit for libel or slander.

I am with you DeeDee. I'd come more near buying the book if it hadn't been accompanied by all the hoopla that I associate with "advertising." One good book review would have done more to persuade me to buy it than all this secret-secret, hush-hush stuff.

Guys please don't blame Kolar for this.

I knew about the book a while ago and I begged chief Kolar to let me hint about it so people would have something to look forward to. That was all me,
Had it been left up to Kolar you wouldn't have heard a word about it until he announced it.

The book was going to be out earlier but delays happen. Had I thought for one second that it would be 7 months between when I first mentioned it to the time of the announcement I never would have said anything so far in advance .

And please remember who is out there waiting. Lin Wood. Had he heard about the book he might have stopped it.

Again it was all me with the hush hush hint stuff . It was done with the idea that we all needed something to look forward to.

There have been some big revelations and remember I said this was a great year for the truth and our beliefs would be confirmed.

The DNA is blown out of the water on the radio show. We talked a lot about Lacy and things that happened that we hadn't heard before .

We talked about how the book reveals new disturbing things.

There is a great video showing a cob web that destroys the intruder coming through the window.

But the big newa is this: This man took his retirement money out and published rhe book at great personal risk.

James Kolar, a man who has seen the evidence, worked closely with Lacy , is risking so much just so the truth will be out there. That is big news.

Since Burke has never done any interviews, he is still considered a private citizen. That means it's a lot easier for him to sue and win a lawsuit for libel or slander.

IMO Burke is a public figure or at least a limited public figure.

kolar's book has some very interesting things to say about Burke

Another "Daily" weighs in, this time a Camera rather than a Beast.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...et-ramsey-book

[SNIP]

In "Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?" Kolar draws upon his access to records, interviews, photos and video to make his argument against an intruder kidnapping JonBenet.

"My theory definitely went against an intruder," Kolar said. "There was strong physical evidence that discounted the intruder theory as it existed."

[SNIP]

"I left with the understanding and impression that the DA's office was totally sold on the intruder theory in spite of the evidence I pointed to," he said.

Investigators have pointed to unmatched DNA found on JonBenet as evidence of an intruder. Kolar said it's "false hope to think DNA samples point to an actual perpetrator."

"Too many people have hung their hat on that," he said.

[SNIP]

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner said Kolar sent him a copy of the book, and he's read about 55 pages so far. Beckner was a commander in October 1997 when then-Chief Tom Koby assigned him to take over management of the Ramsey investigation.

Beckner said he doesn't think Kolar's theory will be new to anyone familiar with the case.

"I think, you know, if you go back to the history of this case, that has always been one of the theories of the case that has been investigated and been out there," Beckner said. "So I don't know why that is a surprise at this point."

Beckner said the Ramsey case remains open but is not actively being investigated. Detectives follow up on fresh tips occasionally or look at evidence again when someone comes up with a new idea on how to approach it, he said.

"I'd classify it as a cold case," Beckner said.

Beckner said he is not concerned by newly released material from the investigation -- including police video shot in the Ramsey basement shortly after JonBenet's murder -- because of the case's cold status.

District Attorney Stan Garnett said he is not specifically concerned about Kolar's book.

"One of the problems with the Ramsey case has been the extensive public debate in a very unfocused environment," he said. "So this is not any more significant than any of my concerns about public discussions of the Ramsey case."

Garnett said he has received a copy of the book but has not read it yet, "so I can't say if it is mainly speculation or not."

[SNIP]

Garnett said the case is a Boulder police investigation, and unless new evidence comes up, his office's priority must remain on current cases.

"We have a lot of very active and very important cases, and that is where I will continue to put my efforts," Garnett said. "From what I can tell, the people of Boulder County, who I represent, don't want to hear about this case unless I am able to file a case and press charges, which I'm not. So I'm not going to say anything about it.

"We're very interested in cold cases if we have evidence," he said. "We're not going to file charges on theories or books or people speculating back and forth, but is there admissible evidence, and I don't think there is in the Ramsey case."

I am glad that this happened but IMO it's not enough.
If there would be 3,4 more people doing this (ppl who were involved,cops,etc)then yeah I guess it could be a new start.There need to be more people with guts doing this,break the silence!

What else does he say about Burke?This is the most important part to me cause I always felt that BR growing up might be the only chance.If he's the one who did it ,no matter how much he went to therapy,something will happen one day,even his dad said it (slip)...when he's about 40,and I agree....you just can't bury creepy stuff in the back of your mind,it will come back to haunt you.

Re: 'Former Boulder DA investigator writes JonBenet Ramsey book'
07/18/2012

http://www.timescall.com/news/longm...r-da-investigator-writes-jonbenet-ramsey-book

Heyya Cynic

"Beckner said he is not concerned by newly released material from the investigation -- including police video shot in the Ramsey basement shortly after JonBenet's murder -- because of the case's cold status."

:waitasec:

So did JK get permission from the PBD to use the police video footage?
Is the BPD accredited for any materials within the book?
Is it a courtesy?

Since it's a cold case, can BPD release the pictures from the Whites' party? Thanks!

"We have a lot of very active and very important cases, and that is where I will continue to put my efforts," Garnett said. "From what I can tell, the people of Boulder County, who I represent, don't want to hear about this case unless I am able to file a case and press charges, which I'm not. So I'm not going to say anything about it.

:nevermind:

another one who only took advantage of this case (his campaign)
remember all those big promises?blah blah.yuk

my message to all these "quiet" officials would be....since it's obvious that this case is treated like a cold one and since it's obvious that it will never be officially solved (how convenient for everybody)....why don't you just make all those files public.....at least people will be able to decide for themselves and be able to move on.....

The fascinating thing to me is the video of the basement. For years we have seen the picture of the basement window standing open. With the video, it almost makes it seem even more real. Tricia, will he talk tonight about what toy he thinks caused the marks and does he know who it belongs to?

yes,it was very emotional to watch that video,it brought back a lot of emotions.
And it's incredible how obviously staged that suitcase looks,and there it is the cobweb.......whoever killed JonBenet was inside of the house.
What stood out to me also was the open lipstick on the floor,it just hit me hard.....it seems proof to me that JonBenet was down there playing...it's a messy room but the open lipstick just made me see her down there alive before it happened,I no longer think she was killed in her bedroom......I was never much in the BDI theory camp but the toy train and the lip stick makes me really reconsider.It would make the most sense after all.

Does this mean that two different male dna onthe ropes or cords were most likely just from the store or from being handled at a factory? The same is said about #3 dna on the panty crotch and waist bands of two garments. It is pretty hard to believe there would have been 3 male intruders there that night torturing jonbenet.

what's this?a piece of cord?

Clipboard01.jpg

btw,did they ever find or at least look for shoe imprints on that suitcase?(an intruder definitely would have left some if climbing on it,right?)
cause now after watching the real thing it all seems so ridiculous,how the suitcase was placed under the open,broken window....geez...

IMO Burke is a public figure or at least a limited public figure.

kolar's book has some very interesting things to say about Burke
Someone posted excerpts from an interview with BR and a counselor, which were very interesting. Also, there was the whole, 'he slept through it all', and then the whole, 'no he didn't'. But what I found most interesting, were the reports that he had at one time, accidentally, hit Jon Benet with a golf club. I never did know what to believe on that one, but I do think the idea of Jon Benet being bashed on 2 separate occasions, and them not being related, is a little farfetched. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back