Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I remember reading that and then no more was ever said. Wonder if anyone ever questioned him?
That was a comment left on YouTube comments, I mentioned it a long time ago as being just a random comment someone had left.

FC, sorry but I don't think Claudia made this call, it sounds as if it's Vicki.
Did Claudia tell you she's the one who made this call?
No, I just wish OSBI had made it clearer who called. Until now we had no idea if Vickie was even home - or was at the scene. Was Vickie ever mentioned at ALL being there (before now)? We've heard Rose and Claudia, but not a word about Vickie Paschal-Placker. Hullo OSBI, we have been told the Plackers were considered Taylors M&D and they have been referred to as such over and over - and now you aren't making it clear whether its GMA Farrow or Mom/GMa Paschal-Placker we are hearing in agony on the 911 call.

Like I said, OSBI needs to stop making this so damn difficult to follow and understand. Nobody is going to help if they can't even figure out who's anguish they are hearing and why they should be moved by it. The sad story loses all it's impact when nobody can figure out WHY they should care.

My Opinion

I think maybe Peter just freaked and called Vicki or heck, maybe she heard him screaming.

I'm just as confused maybe more confused than I've ever been. Maybe Vicki made the call because Rose drove up then and Peter had to stop her from coming up.

I rushed home to find this presser was another bust. The 911 call doesn't tell us anything really except that either Vicky or Claudia made the call. If it was Claudia then I have to believe her account of seeing the girls, the wounds, etc. which would mean FC's "source" is absolutely wrong and we need to take what they say with a grain of salt now.

Could anyone distinguish what the background sounds were? Man yelling and some kind of vehicle?

The OSBI might as well just throw their hands up now. They don't have jack. I have never been so disappointed in them. How DARE they get me riled up all weekend thinking they have something!!

They NEED to release information which will actually go towards solving the case or finding out where the POI is. Asking him to come forward is ridiculous! At least, we know it isn't Byrd.

So, who found the girls? Was it Peter or Claudia or Rose? We know Claudia and Rose were at the Chancey Farm down the road (N of the crime scene) and that Rose talked to Peter about 5:10Pm and he wasn't at home at that time. Did he tell Rose the girls had gone for a walk to the bridge and so Rose and Claudia went looking for the girls BEFORE he got home? Or did he find the girls and call ROSE before 911?

This call sure makes it sound like Claudia was at the scene and saw the girls BEFORE LE arrived - since she was calling 911 - unless she was calling from the Chancey Farm and NOT the scene because Rose called her from the scene and asked her to call 911. There would have been no need for her to call 911 if she arrived at the scene later after Rose called her (as we were led to believe).

As I said my contact told me that Rose knew the girls were dead (and Claudia knew the girls were dead) - the ONLY way they could have known that was if they spoke to Peter before arriving at the scene OR if they were at the scene 1st. OSBI led us to believe that Peter was 1st on the scene, but now I am not so sure. Maybe Rose and Claudia found the girls and called Peter with one phone and 911 with the other?

I just wish SOMEONE could get the FACTS from LE - we shouldn't be having so much trouble defining the basic information - like who found the girls, who called 911, who was at the crime scene when LE got there. Claudia was all over TV in the 1st days of this case and not ONCE did she say she called 911 OR that she was at the scene before LE (and THAT'S how she saw Skyla's wounds) - she even went on and on about how Rose called her and she "knew" something was wrong, how Peter met Rose at her car and stopped her from seeing the girls bodies. And her moving gauze off the wounds so she could see them better, remember? Like she only saw them AFTER EMT's and LE had been there. Well she obviously left a few important details out....

I want FACTS - not more teases - the public shouldn't have to be sleuths to help LE solve this crime because we all know most of the "public" won't work that hard. If WE are confused, people who are NOT familiar with this case must have head spinning confusion. They public just needs to know the facts and how they can help LE find the killer(s). Geeze, we can't even get one decent reporter to summarize this concisely??

ARGHHHH!!!
My Opinion

Here's something that has ALWAYS bugged me, WHY would the grandmother or any other family member WANT to see the gunshot wounds? I don't get it ... I could never imagine wanting to see a loved one's gunshot wounds. Always sounded funny to me for some reason.

Wow..maybe we need to re list just the known facts. Because I think that we have been taking info from youtube and topix as fact when it wasn't.

I always thought that Peter Placker called 911 on Taylor's cell phone..now I am racking my brain trying to figure is that something LE said or OSBI or reporters, or topix. Anyone have any idea where we all got that info..because it seems we were all thinking that?

Why would Claudia call Skyler her daughter, her grandbaby?
That's what Taylor was to the Plackers, their bio grandbaby, but raised like their daughter.

I would bet all money it's Vicki on the call.

DD, I don't think LE has ever said anything specific about the calls made that day, or where the Plackers were when the girls went for their walk.
Yes, people are mixing up rumor they've read different places with the real facts...just like people who kept repeating that LE said the POI's eyes were green, when in reality, they've always said brown. The "green eyes" stuff came from Topix too.

Why would Claudia call Skyler her daughter, her grandbaby?
That's what Taylor was to the Plackers, their bio grandbaby, but raised like their daughter.

I would bet all money it's Vicki on the call.

DD, I don't think LE has ever said anything specific about the calls made that day, or where the Plackers were when the girls went for their walk.

Thanks Evelyn..that clears some things up for me. I think Peter may have found the girls, called his wife to call 911 while he tried to reach Rose. That would make some sense.

Thanks Evelyn..that clears some things up for me. I think Peter may have found the girls, called his wife to call 911 while he tried to reach Rose. That would make some sense.

Absolutely. Another scenario is Vicki came running to the scene too, and called from there after Peter went to get her?
Their home is right up from where the girls were shot.

Speaking of YouTube, I just re-watched the video on there with the heading $14,000 Reward. Claudia Farrow speaks in this video and says "it was the daddy of the other girl who came up on them". I tried to bring it over, but couldn't get it to work. Perhaps someone else can.

Absolutely. Another scenario is Vicki came running to the scene too, and called from there after Peter went to get her?
Their home is right up from where the girls were shot.

True and it's what less then 300 yards..if she was outside when Peter went to look for the girls she would have heard his screams immediately.

Speaking of YouTube, I just re-watched the video on there with the heading $14,000 Reward. Claudia Farrow speaks in this video and says "it was the daddy of the other girl who came up on them". I tried to bring it over, but couldn't get it to work. Perhaps someone else can.

Yes, that seems to be the one thing we do know, it was Peter Placker who discovered their bodies when he went to get them from their walk.

Whomever murdered these girls has either been cool as cucumber ever since, that he or she didn't show any telltale signs to friends or family..or they did, but someone is covering for them or too afraid to come forward. I think OSBI is trying to pull at people's heartstrings to get the info they need to make an arrest.

i do not understand why osbi would have a hard time questioning young people....what's that about?
Who's standing in the way? Parents or attorneys? Red flag, imo

if they can't take control of the situation and get some answers from the young people, this case could possibly not get solved...jmo

ditto !

Wow..maybe we need to re list just the known facts. Because I think that we have been taking info from youtube and topix as fact when it wasn't.

I always thought that Peter Placker called 911 on Taylor's cell phone..now I am racking my brain trying to figure is that something LE said or OSBI or reporters, or topix. Anyone have any idea where we all got that info..because it seems we were all thinking that?
6-10-08 VIDEO of presser says PP took one of the girls cell phones and called 911
http://www.koco.com/video/16562436/?taf=okl

If Peter didn't have a cell phone with him and didn't want to disturb the bodies, he would have had to race back home for a phone and maybe he was so distraught he asked Vicky to make the 911 call. Then he could have raced back to the scene to be there when Skyla's relative got there. Some families don't have a cell phone for every member in the family.

If Peter didn't have a cell phone with him and didn't want to disturb the bodies, he would have had to race back home for a phone and maybe he was so distraught he asked Vicky to make the 911 call. Then he could have raced back to the scene to be there when Skyla's relative got there. Some families don't have a cell phone for every member in the family.

Wonder how long it would take to run the 300 yards (plus drive way) in such a distraught state.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/06/oklahoma-invest.html

Skyla and Taylor's bodies were discovered Sunday evening in a ditch along County Line Road in Weleetka, Oklahoma. According to the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office, Skyla had been spending the night at Taylor's house, and the two had decided to take a walk along the dirt road to the bridge over Bad Creek. It was something both girls had done many times before, and the bridge was only about a quarter of a mile from Taylor's house, where she lived with her grandfather and legal guardian, Peter Placker. When the girls failed to return home in a timely manner, Placker called Taylor's cell phone but got no answer. Mildly concerned by the lack of response, Placker set out on foot to locate the two girls.
"He got 200 to 300 yards north of the home and found the girls on the side of the road," OSBI special agent Ben Rosser told Adaeveningnews.com. "Both girls had been shot multiple times. Both girls were dead at the scene. At that time, he (Placker) took a cell phone from one of the girls and made a 9-1-1 telephone call to notify the authorities."

This is what the media was reporting per Rosser of OSBI in the beginning of the case.

So were their two calls placed, one from Peter and one from Vicki?

Yes, that seems to be the one thing we do know, it was Peter Placker who discovered their bodies when he went to get them from their walk.

Evelyn, I thought we did know that, but FlowerChild indicated in her last post that she was confused now about who saw the girls first.

I really can't understand LEs reluctance to divulge more information on this case. If they want help from the public, they need to give out a little information. Just a tip or two might be all it would take for someone to come forward. No one wants to point the finger at someone and then realize they had nothing to do with it.

So they've interviewed 100 people now. How many does that average out to per day for the number of days since the murders? Not very many. How many people in Weleetka? 1000 or so? If that's the case, they'll still be interviewing 9 months down the road.

What a big letdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member