2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Contrary to the I never once raised my voice, she was my best friend account we later got from mom about she and Casey...this is the truth from her own words, that she thought at the time would forever remain private bewteen she and Casey.
July 4th:

Subject: My Caylee is missing Current mood: Distraught

“She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?”Allegedly Casey was partying it up on the 4th of July.

Then on July 7, Casey Anthony is alleged to have left this message on her MySpace account (message has since been deleted):

The message, titled “Diary of Days,” read:

“On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

Brilliant of Mr. George to quote from this. Brilliant. There is the old saying one cannot unring the bell, the judge reading all of these attachments ...these things are in his data base now, forever, whether the jury sees them or not. We know how he felt about the tone in Cindy's very very distraught voice on the 911 calls. Her myspace cries out from the same vantage point. He will read it, he will know of it, no unringing of this bell.
The interesting thing I learned yesterday is that Lee must have read it at the time too. It said that Lee helped mom make her new myspace page.
Excellent motions, Mr. George!

When you read these one after the other it is very obvious the second was in response to the first. CA says "I trusted you" ICA says "trust noone but yourself". CA says Caylee was a gift from above....ICA says what is given can be taken away. CA says you are a liar. ICA says everyone lies. SO the fact that she says everyone dies.....well come to your own conclusion.

You know, this response makes me realize just how much the state has been holding back despite the shenanigans of the defense. I don't mean they're hiding anything, but they've been amazingly strong and the defense's tactics have bounced off of them for the most part. It's almost like with this response, they are finally letting the defense know what the defense and defendant is truly in for at trial. No bones about it, just brutal and logical honesty at it's finest, crafted with such intelligence and thought that Baez probably dreams of being as good someday and hopefully, Mason is finally starting to cringe at what he got himself into.

Time to put on your big boy pants, Baez and Mason. This is playground no more. This is serious, big time, and in your face. The SA is here, The SA is clear, and Caylee's justice will trample your mother of the year.

I swear I feel like crying because someone finally is calling the defense out and is putting the little angel front and center....it's not about you ICA, it's about the little angel. Caylee has had noone speak for her until now (except the onlookers). It's been all about ICA's rights and privacy. Well guess what; IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU, ICA!

Contrary to the I never once raised my voice, she was my best friend account we later got from mom about she and Casey...this is the truth from her own words, that she thought at the time would forever remain private bewteen she and Casey.
July 4th:

Subject: My Caylee is missing Current mood: Distraught

“She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?”Allegedly Casey was partying it up on the 4th of July.

Then on July 7, Casey Anthony is alleged to have left this message on her MySpace account (message has since been deleted):

The message, titled “Diary of Days,” read:

“On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

Brilliant of Mr. George to quote from this. Brilliant. There is the old saying one cannot unring the bell, the judge reading all of these attachments ...these things are in his data base now, forever, whether the jury sees them or not. We know how he felt about the tone in Cindy's very very distraught voice on the 911 calls. Her myspace cries out from the same vantage point. He will read it, he will know of it, no unringing of this bell.
The interesting thing I learned yesterday is that Lee must have read it at the time too. It said that Lee helped mom make her new myspace page.
Excellent motions, Mr. George!

"maybe I'm a spiteful bit**" Little Miss Muffin to Lee regarding 'where is Caylee'.

"Bella Vita" - the beautiful life (ie: partying, playing house with AL, leaving one man's house to go to another's in the middle of the night, clubbing, promoting/shot girl, not working).

Dump the car, the stench, the parents, the baby . . . . .

"F" my family, friends, my daughter, my former life . . . . .

Great Power over my life for the first time -
Making a decision for myself instead of denying facts for so long that I have to live with the consequences (with great power comes great consequences) . . .

Great Power . . . .
Caylee isn't just KC's daughter - she belongs to the whole family. CA provided everything for KC and Caylee and she could take everything away. CA was always in power - until KC exacted the ultimate power and control over her Mother - hurting CA at the very core. KC believed CA loved Caylee more than she loved KC (just like KC accused JG of loving Caylee more than KC). This was the last straw - no one would love Caylee more than KC, ever again!

how lonely it must feel for KC since the whole world has fallen in love with Caylee as a direct result of KC's actions?

The first we noticed Mr. George was teh check fraud trial and when he made Jose Baez announce louder, rather than mumble
"American Broadcast Company".
ASA George: Excuse me
JB: ABC
ASA George: Is that A B C?
JB: Yes
ASA George : A B C News?
JB: Um, yes.

And now these blow out motions!!! Love him!

Watch Jose Baez here while Mr. George questions him!!!! Seven minute mark!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYb9DfPq6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-HhNWPqINI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUY9h0ZnKZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC0Xtr917ZY
After listening to the indigenccy hearing again, I notice a total difference in CM's voice from the latest hearings. He is very clear and concise. So, has his skill gone downhill this much, or is he just being difficult on purpose lately, because he knows how many people are watching? Imo, he likes to be hard to understood.

You know, this response makes me realize just how much the state has been holding back despite the shenanigans of the defense. I don't mean they're hiding anything, but they've been amazingly strong and the defense's tactics have bounced off of them for the most part. It's almost like with this response, they are finally letting the defense know what the defense and defendant is truly in for at trial. No bones about it, just brutal and logical honesty at it's finest, crafted with such intelligence and thought that Baez probably dreams of being as good someday and hopefully, Mason is finally starting to cringe at what he got himself into.

Time to put on your big boy pants, Baez and Mason. This is playground no more. This is serious, big time, and in your face. The SA is here, The SA is clear, and Caylee's justice will trample your mother of the year.

I have recently delved into the JonBenet case, out of boredom waiting for this case to gear up, and must say that compared to the DA in THAT case and how the State has handled themselves and other LE departments regarding leaks, statements to the press, etc is AMAZING. It speaks to the capability of that office in Florida, and IMO should be applauded. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes, I think this case has shown us how victims tend to get lost during the pre-trial phase. Pre-trial business somewhat sanitizes the crime, the evidence gets talked around.

Frank George's response gives a long awaited flavour of how these prosecutors intend to go about the business of convicting Casey Anthony. It will be graphic, it will be brutal and imo insurmountable. And I am sure the jury will come to know Caylee. Guided by seasoned prosecutors, an onslaught of State witnesses will tell this child's story and the senseless act that ended her all too short life.

The only ponderable imo is her so called mother's punishment.

Up until this time I have always believed that there is no way KC will receive the death penalty. After reading the State's response, I now think there is a very good chance she could pay the ultimate penalty. I truly hope her "boys" had the same response and that they share this with KC, although I don't think it will really matter to her, at least not until she reaches the end of the hall.

Oh I very much enjoyed that (if a little belatedly) looking forward to the judges ruling, and agree, the State is well and truly ready for trial. Defense, not so much.

THAT IS ONE AMAZING PLEADING THE STATE FILED re motions in limine. The difference between the State of Florida prosecutors and the defense attorneys is so blatantly obvious, I think even Cindy will be swayed at trial...........

I wonder how Cindy is dealing with reading the state's plea? She has got to be out of denial by now.

Assuming that Judge Perry rules in favor of the State and allows everything admitted to trial, what will be JB's next move? Can he/will he object to the court's ruling?

I really wonder how KC will be made aware of the State's response? (Or if she already has been made aware.) Of course, when the jail visit logs for this period are released we will know, but I'm quite curious as to A) which member of the team will be tasked with sharing this with her, and B) how that conversation might play out.

(ETA: I think HHJP may rule in the defense's favor on Anthony Rusciano's testimony. The State really didn't spend more than a line or so on him and seemed to agree that his testimony, like the JibJab video, will be extraneous given everything else they have. In fact, as I'm rereading between the lines, it sounds a lot like the State is not terribly concerned whether evidence from before June 15 is allowed in general. Their case is airtight either way.)

These are just plain old well-crafted, logical, respectful and respectable arguments. Where there are arguments on the "other side" (i.e., previous rulings on tattoos), they are listed, and then the State goes on calmly to explain why their arguments are the more valid.

I wonder how many anti-snark edits it went through--the only blatant one they left in was about playing "house" with TonE. Oh, and maybe a little poke about the Hayden Christiansen Connection.

A pleasure to read!

(And I am no lawyer, but those sounded like some pretty persuasive arguments to me!)

bbm
I thought that was great..
If Hayden Christiansen wrote a song did the Defense include said song in it's motion? or do they just expect us to 'trust them'?

Wow! What a joy to read! And note that the SAO does not refer to "the victim" - Caylee's name appears everywhere. There's no way they will let anyone forget that little girl!

bbm
Yes, it does...:clap: to the Prosecutors...

These are just plain old well-crafted, logical, respectful and respectable arguments. Where there are arguments on the "other side" (i.e., previous rulings on tattoos), they are listed, and then the State goes on calmly to explain why their arguments are the more valid.

I wonder how many anti-snark edits it went through--the only blatant one they left in was about playing "house" with TonE. Oh, and maybe a little poke about the Hayden Christiansen Connection.

A pleasure to read!

(And I am no lawyer, but those sounded like some pretty persuasive arguments to me!)

I also had to laugh at the couple of times the SA used the word "thwarted" in the response.

Anyone think that was on purpose? LOL

Assuming that Judge Perry rules in favor of the State and allows everything admitted to trial, what will be JB's next move? Can he/will he object to the court's ruling?

He'll add the rulings to his list of appeal issues. Note that I didn't say GOOD appeal issues...just appeal issues.

bbm
I thought that was great..
If Hayden Christiansen wrote a song did the Defense include said song in it's motion? or do they just expect us to 'trust them'?

The defense included an exhibit (p. 4-7 of the Motion, here: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331492/detail.html)that was an amateurish cut-and-paste job of half-sentences, song lyrics and one Hayden Christiansen quote from Jumper ("With great power comes great consequence") that was also in the "Diary of Days" post. Nowhere in this silly exhibit does it suggest that the Jumper quote is from a song, that Hayden Christiansen wrote the song, or that the rest of the lines in "Diary of Days" were from anything connected with Hayden Christiansen. The defense attorneys apparently didn't read their own exhibit. The defense attorneys apparently don't even realize that Jumper was one of the two movies that Casey and Tony L rented the night that Caylee "disappeared."

We on WS figured out a long time ago that part of the "Diary of Days" was from "Jumper." We, however, came to the conclusion that this information made the "Diary of Days" post MORE relevant, not LESS relevant.

After listening to the indigenccy hearing again, I notice a total difference in CM's voice from the latest hearings. He is very clear and concise. So, has his skill gone downhill this much, or is he just being difficult on purpose lately, because he knows how many people are watching? Imo, he likes to be hard to understood.

It's commonly referred to as "Selective Hearing"......my kids tried that on me....one time.

Some children, get away with it over and over again.
Some adults do too.

There is no doubt that the state is ready to rock and roll.

As a matter of fact, if memory serves me "half right", I seem to recall a hearing, maybe even as far back as when Judge Strickland was in charge, and a hearing date was brought up.

Either Mr. George or Mr. Ashton, at that time, told that their office was in the middle of handling *advertiser censored* amount of cases, and, that they could be, or, would be ready to make this a "go" at any time.

The defense was again being cry babies about how they needed much more time to get their stuff together.

Anyone else remember that conversation that day?
TIA ~

And, as a side note:
Regarding that "My Caylee is Missing" cryout.

Cindy mentions that Casey claims to want her freedom, etc., and this info came from Casey's friends.
So, Cindy had been on the phone calling and trying to track them down. {which we knew}.

But, it also points to her having telephone numbers, or at least address' that she could track people down that knew Casey ~ But, still no Nanny.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back