***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Did you mean to say I10 corridor? I can't find where I40 is in LA.

Brought over from last Thread:

'nutkin, on 09/2005 the definition of serial killer was lowered from 3 victims to only two by the FBI BAU2'. This was done primarily to allow the FBI to assist local LE when the possibility of a SK exists in their jurisdiction, to provide their expertise & resources.
It is estimated that there is between 50 & 100 active serial killers in the US at any given time.
Due to many factors; drugs/meth epidemic, illegal immigration, gang violence, etc. Imo, these FBI estimates are very conservative, as shown by the number of serial killers truckers identified since the FBI Trucker Serial Killer Iniative was established in 2009. There is 100,000+ missing persons in the US. It would be logical to conclude that many of these victims were stranger sexual predator abductions, imo..

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609
Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend
04/06/09

In 2004, an analyst from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation detected a crime pattern: the bodies of murdered women were being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

II. Definition of Serial Murder 09/2005
In the past thirty years, multiple definitions of serial murder have been used by law enforcement, clinicians, academia, and researchers. While these definitions do share several common themes, they differ on specific requirements, such as the number of murders involved, the types of motivation, and the temporal aspects of the murders. To address these discrepancies, attendees at the Serial Murder Symposium examined the variations in order to develop a single definition for serial murder.
Previous definitions of serial murder specified a certain number of murders, varying from two to ten victims. This quantitative requirement distinguished a serial murder from other categories of murder (i.e. single, double, or triple murder).
The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:
• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder
In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

* Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

http://findmickeynow.com/site/

Sorry, I know the truck makes me and a lot of others crazy, but.....

This is the pic I've been looking at....seems like the best one, for me....it's already shrunk down in the link, I think.

Instead of trying to blow it up to like 400%...I went down to 37% and 25%...and took a magnifying glass to look at it.
You can actually see the shadow of the sign on the front passenger door.

I'm gonna have to agree with other posters, the increased size and distorted pixels makes EVERYTHING look like something else.
A very strong magnifying glass, or maybe binoculars (ha!), might help far more than blowing the pic up. (Actually, if I still had my binoculars, I'd be trying to look with them).

As always, just IMO.

So if that is true then it is possible that the bicycle rider is not MS?

It's possible, yes.

I know CS, and MS looks much alike. It looks like MS to me.

If this is referring to any sort of convoluted theory I have seen batted about that this was an imposter in a wig, I'm not going to engage in that thought process. I'm not saying that this was the thrust of your question, but just laying down a marker in case it was.

The timeframe, the direction of travel, the short distances involved from Ryan St., and the family's and friends' positive ID, the fact that there are not SWARMS of other bicyclists out there that late, plus my own immediate feeling that I recognized Mickey's build, etc., all lead me to believe that that is Mickey on the bike.

The other thing that bothers me is the fact that right as our suspect truck goes by the Circle K someone is running. I find that odd. I would presume that most people at 2 a.m. are probably more staggering or mellow and not running into a Circle K. If i staked out that particular Circle K on Saturday night at 2 a.m. I wonder how many bicyclists I would see and how many people running across the parking lot I could count. If I lived in Lafayette, I would walk into that Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night and ask the clerk who was working that night and what they say they saw. Most likely their answer is going to be they cannot talk about it -- but I have a hunch something was going on outside with that white truck and with the person running across that parking lot. I don't work at a Circle k, but I have done security work at 2 a.m. and ain't nobody runnin nowhere. Most of the time I have to prod them to get moving.

Your thinking is sound. It is given, IMO, that LE has already asked those questions. Some of the answers to your questions are likely on the Circle K surveillance tapes, which LE already has.

It has become pretty clear to me that LE and the family do not want any more public sleuthing or input, and so at this point we are spectators.

JMO - MOO

Prayers for Mickey.

live.jpg

http://www.trafficland.com/city/LFT/camera/7473/

My vision is not what it used to be.
Could this be LEOs?
Or persons fishing?

False alarm.
They had a boat.

CF, wish I could be so optimistic..
The only conclusion that I can make of the emphatic silence is that the most valuable tool in missing persons investigations is being squandered.

Imo, LE is silent due to hitting the proverbial wall. Until there is evidence that indicates otherwise, there is always hope or a chance that she's alive.

Yes, miracles do happen, yet we passed the first 48 hours long ago..

Unfortunately, my feelings are exactly the same as yours, and these have been my feelings for at least the last couple of weeks. Oh how I hope we are wrong.

After everything, I still go back to the beginning here. I still believe it is important that someone stoled B's bike and left it in the graveyard. To me, something was going on before MS was taken. The simplest answer is the best. Sure, it could be a random and serial killer, but given the number of people who disappear and who are later accounted for by a random serial killer, it would lead me logically to believe it was not a random serial killer. The next place to look is the last person who saw her or the last place we know she was. Then we have to look at interests of either her or the people she hung out with. We know that she bicycled, rode horses and was a college student in anthropology. But we really don't know about her friends who hung out late at night and rode bicycles across town at 2 a.m. I still find that a little odd. I lived and live in a couple of college towns and that is rare where I lived. I understand the culture may be different in Lafayette. I have a locals question then. If I was at the local Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night this weekend how many bicyclists would I see? Last year at the same time, on a Saturday night at 2 a.m. -- how many bicyclists would I see? I guess what I am trying to understand is -- I do not believe this was random. I believe the perp was somewhat local. The perp is connected in with either friends or their friends. In my opinion this case will be solved when some other deal goes bad and the perps friends squawk. That is why the case needs to be in the media. Unfortunately I do not believe this case has a happy ending for anyone.

I would have to agree on your theory here as well. First of all I think it is weird that BW bike was stolen. Also in my opinion my reasonings for not thinking it was random or by a SK is that there is no trace someone has covered their tracks very well. And from what I have heard WB dumping of the bike would indicate that it's deferently a local. IMO it is a local, that knew the area and where cameras are. There is also too much silence. What had Mickey been up to that day or the whole week before she went missing we don't know! What about enemies? Everyone has them no matter what anyone saids we all have someone that we may not get along with in some way, had an argument with etc. also was someone jealous of her? 90% of murder victims know their killer and in this case I'm leaning towards Mickey knowing the perp! I like to think outside the box we all believe this is a male but what if it was a female? Did she have any friends she knew that lived around circle k? She may have visited and never walked out of their house? Pretty far fetched I know but I like to think outside the square. Also I know she got a text MSG after the phone call what did this MSG say does anyone know? Just something doesn't add up hear! Usually when someone goes missing they basically give their life story I just don't feel this has happened in MS case. Maybe the media should do a story with some of her friends and family work out what she did and if anything "unusual" occurred in her last few weeks before going missing couldn't hurt something may come out of it.

The other thing that bothers me is the fact that right as our suspect truck goes by the Circle K someone is running. I find that odd. I would presume that most people at 2 a.m. are probably more staggering or mellow and not running into a Circle K. If i staked out that particular Circle K on Saturday night at 2 a.m. I wonder how many bicyclists I would see and how many people running across the parking lot I could count. If I lived in Lafayette, I would walk into that Circle K at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night and ask the clerk who was working that night and what they say they saw. Most likely their answer is going to be they cannot talk about it -- but I have a hunch something was going on outside with that white truck and with the person running across that parking lot. I don't work at a Circle k, but I have done security work at 2 a.m. and ain't nobody runnin nowhere. Most of the time I have to prod them to get moving.

Stores stop selling beer/alcohol at 2am. He may have been running in to get beer before the cut off time. Been there, done that in my younger days.

Stores stop selling beer/alcohol at 2am. He may have been running in to get beer before the cut off time. Been there, done that in my younger days.

Magnificent comment.

:cheers:

Especially if they didn't have a watch (not everyone always has a working cell phone on them) or their chronometer was running fast - - -

That is the best explanation of "running man" I have seen yet -

Guy coulld very well have been running to buy beer. And... just like the rest of this case, what a great coincidence that it would have to be 2 a.m. and so "running man" could have a perfectly innocent explanation. The case that just keeps on forking off into multiple possibilities.

Reads like a textbook college case study.

Magnificent comment.

:cheers:

Especially if they didn't have a watch (not everyone always has a working cell phone on them) or their chronometer was running fast - - -

That is the best explanation of "running man" I have seen yet -

Guy coulld very well have been running to buy beer. And... just like the rest of this case, what a great coincidence that it would have to be 2 a.m. and so "running man" could have a perfectly innocent explanation. The case that just keeps on forking off into multiple possibilities.

Reads like a textbook college case study.

What is your job? A PI?

snipped:

Magnificent comment.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that "running man" may be on his way to the restroom after a night of drinking!

JMO

Honestly glad were not talking about the DWT I can take a running man theory for a bit!

CF, wish I could be so optimistic..
The only conclusion that I can make of the emphatic silence is that the most valuable tool in missing persons investigations is being squandered.

Imo, LE is silent due to hitting the proverbial wall. Until there is evidence that indicates otherwise, there is always hope or a chance that she's alive.

Yes, miracles do happen, yet we passed the first 48 hours long ago..

I understand what you're saying. But if this were so, I think we'd see more of a request from the family for help. We not seeing any push from the family at all for more public help. There are a lot more things that could be done - billboards in big locations around Lafayette, press conferences, public pleas....

None of this is happening. I don't think the family thinks they need any more info or help.

I understand what you're saying. But if this were so, I think we'd see more of a request from the family for help. We not seeing any push from the family at all for more public help. There are a lot more things that could be done - billboards in big locations around Lafayette, press conferences, public pleas....

None of this is happening. I don't think the family thinks they need any more info or help.

Well if the family they think they don't need help then that's a good thing right? The case my being coming to a close and be solved. Yay if that's the case

Well if the family they think they don't need help then that's a good thing right? The case my being coming to a close and be solved. Yay if that's the case

Just my opinion, but a lot of little things add up for me to point toward the idea that the family/LE think they're onto a lead solid enough that public assistance is no longer required. This could mean one of many things - alive/not alive - maybe building a case against someone - maybe having already cut a deal with someone - maybe several other things.

But the silence is deafening, and I pair that with what I consider a notable lack of requests from the family, the PI, or LE for any more public input than they already have.

I am hoping/thinking that the silence may be building to some sort of resolution.

Just my opinion, but a lot of little things add up for me to point toward the idea that the family/LE think they're onto a lead solid enough that public assistance is no longer required. This could mean one of many things - alive/not alive - maybe building a case against someone - maybe having already cut a deal with someone - maybe several other things.

But the silence is deafening, and I pair that with what I consider a notable lack of requests from the family, the PI, or LE for any more public input than they already have.

I am hoping/thinking that the silence may be building to some sort of resolution.

I hope your right I also think the families silence is leading towards something. All we have is hope and like the rest I hope this is the reason behind the silence it's the only thing that makes sense

Charlie has been posting pictures of a car that had Mickey's photo and info painted on it...and is posting about a benefit later in July, as well as other info and requests for help on her FB all week. I don't think they are any further along, even if LE does have something brewing (which I doubt) the family is not always filled in until the last moment.

I don't think they would be working on a benefit event four weeks off if they had info and were just waiting for an arrest.

Charlie has been posting pictures of a car that had Mickey's photo and info painted on it...and is posting about a benefit later in July, as well as other info and requests for help on her FB all week. I don't think they are any further along, even if LE does have something brewing (which I doubt) the family is not always filled in until the last moment.

I don't think they would be working on a benefit event four weeks off if they had info and were just waiting for an arrest.

Not everyone hAs Facebook I recently deleted it myself, maybe then need to broaden it to twitter and other sites. Or use my suggestion I posted on the last page page 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong