The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did not report that her daughter had been kidnapped. By the time CA reported Caylee missing, it was too late for an Amber alert. Valuable time had been lost.

On 7/16 she told YM and J Allen many times throughout the recorded interview that her daughter had been kidnapped. That was her story and that's what she was sticking to. On 7/16 after that interview, she was arrested for child neglect and lying. At that time, the only thing LE had to go off of was the story of kidnapping, so how could they charge neglect?

It constitutes child neglect because KC was Caylee's mother ... her protector, her caretaker, her guardian, and KC did nothing but tell LE lies. She was totally negligent in not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days. (IMO unless Cindy had finally called 911, KC, TO THIS DAY, wouldn't have told anyone that Caylee had been missing.) LE had a duty, under the law, to arrest her for that on July 16, 2008.

BBM

That could make sense to me, she didn't report it and I guess they could consider that as neglect. I'm not sure what the law is word for word on neglect charges.

On 7/16 she told YM and J Allen many times throughout the recorded interview that her daughter had been kidnapped. That was her story and that's what she was sticking to. On 7/16 after that interview, she was arrested for child neglect and lying. At that time, the only thing LE had to go off of was the story of kidnapping, so how could they charge neglect?

Because she was negligent in not reporting her child missing for 31 days (even at that it wasn't HER who reported her child missing ... it was Cindy.)

Not reporting your child missing for 31 days is CHILD NEGLECT.

I just can't say that enough times. What we saw was ONLY the GUILT phase. Following the Guilt phase is the Penalty Phase. Even for the most severe of the charges, the jury had every right to vote LWOP.
But, but, but! Then the jury would have had to stay longer! :innocent:

On 7/16, the only story they knew was of a kidnapping. Although they may not have believed it, that is all that they knew for the time. How does that constitute child neglect?
1) All the information Casey gave them about the nanny could be proved to be a lie and showed that the nanny didn't exist
2) Casey didn't report the "kidnapping" for 31 days and, in fact, probably still wouldn't have - the "kidnapping" was only reported at all because of Cindy getting involved.

It constitutes child neglect because KC was Caylee's mother ... her protector, her caretaker, her guardian, and KC did nothing but tell LE lies. She was totally negligent in not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days. (IMO unless Cindy had finally called 911, KC, TO THIS DAY, wouldn't have told anyone that Caylee had been missing.) LE had a duty, under the law, to arrest her for that on July 16, 2008.

Now this is pricisely why I am so UPSET that these 12 (normal 12 people) couldnt find KC even "Neglictful" where Caylee was concerned..and to think she went 31 days Partying her tail off on everybody elses DIME showing NO concern for her Baby....There has to be something very wrong with 12 grown adults who either wore blinders, or HATED GEORGE so much, or Fell in Love with JB to allow this "Misfit" out to continue on her trail of deceit and possibly put other children at risk!!..

I do think all these Juror's need to have their head examined to find out just how they could completely exhonerate Ms KC..They could of at least held her accountable to Neglect/Manslaughter by extension..BUT nooooo KC wasnt proven:banghead:

But, but, but! Then the jury would have had to stay longer! :innocent:

1) All the information Casey gave them about the nanny could be proved to be a lie and showed that the nanny didn't exist
2) Casey didn't report the "kidnapping" for 31 days and, in fact, probably still wouldn't have - the "kidnapping" was only reported at all because of Cindy getting involved.

Yes, I do understand from their comments that it was a major problem for this jury to uphold their constitutional rights - after all - five long weeks.

Tell that to the soldiers who are fighting overseas risking their lives every day, tell it to the men who come home forever changed, and for sure tell the story of those five l-o-n-g weeks to the wives and children who wait for their husbands and fathers to come home.

originally posted by: beccalecca1 (from prior thread)

Why wouldn't she just kill Caylee way before this, when she was having the IM conversations about starting a relationship with nyitaliano (IIRC) and having sex, etc? She didn't have a babysitter during that conversation and kept the guy hanging on hoping there would be a babysitter soon so they could "get it on". Why not kill Caylee then if that's what this whole thing was about?

We don't know that she didn't have a sitter during this conversation, CFCA may have been home with CA & GA in the next room! We only know that she told TR that Zanny (the imaginary nanny) was not available, IIRC because she was on the way home from an imaginary wedding, then needed to stop by her imaginary sister's place to pick up her imaginary dog!

Sounds to me that she was yanking his chain or maybe she just wasn't that into him!

Can't recall the whereabouts of CA/GA on this day.

Originally Posted by beccalecca1 (from prior thread)

Casey didn't just live in a house with other people, she lived in the house with other people who lied and tampered with evidence. That's what makes it hard to figure out what happened or who was involved.

Let's see, who has cause to cover for whom in this house:

GA - may cover for CFCA (she's his daughter), may cover for CA (she's his wife and meal ticket).

1) Didn't call LE from car lot, knew the odor of decomp (manager who also knew the odor made the same decision), believed his granddaughter was with his daughter. May have believed DD was in deep doo-doo, possibly hiding the death of an unknown person.

2) Called LA, said - we got the car, KC is sort of in trouble (note: may not be an exact quote). Understatement of the year if he knew his granddaughter was deceased and had decomposed in the trunk....

CA - may cover for CFCA (see above), may cover for GA (he's her spouse and she knows for all his faults, he loves her).

1) Knew the odor of decomp, removed items from car, washed items, attempted to clean trunk with, at the very least, a bottle of Febreeze - during initial inquiry admitted removing items from car (to LE).

2) Perjured herself on the stand (and IMO during depos) FOR her CFDD.

CFCA - did not cover for GA, allowed her attorney to accuse him of a crime second only to murder to most (sexual abuse of a child).

CFCA - did not cover for CA - told her brother - mom says I'm a bad mother / admitted to being a spiteful b1tch (not direct quotes) as reasons for not returning Caylee.

1) Through her attorney, admitted to partying for 31 days after the death of her daughter. Got a good life tattoo following the death of her daughter.

2) Lied, lied, lied some more, ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!! Made up a nanny kidnapping, version 1 and 2. Denied drowning during recorded visit. Did I mention she lied? Oh and FAILED to report her daughter "missing"!!

3) Knew Caylee's remains were not in the river at the park - had a very different reaction to unknown remains found on Suburban Dr. While out on bail said "They haven't even found Caylee's clothes". I cannot recall if the jury heard this but they disregarded all the other evidence so I doubt this would have made a difference...

I know I sound OT but these are some of the reasons I believe the jury made a terrible decision in acquitting CFCA. Were they at the same trial I watched? Can they sleep at night knowing what they have done? I wish them no harm but I would like to know how they really arrived at the verdict. 6 weeks of trial, just a few hours of deliberations does not compute. Neither does NG on all charges related to Caylee. At the least felony child abuse / neglect was appropriate.

I would have hung this jury in a New York minute.

Read FCA's actual signed statement to LE ... she states on 7/16 that she had not seen Caylee since 6/9/08. Whether it was a kidnapping or a murder at that point is irrelevant. If she had not seen Caylee since 6/9 and not reported her missing until 7/16, that is child neglect pure and simple.

http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/statement-given-to-police-by-casey-anthony-on-71608/

Now this is pricisely why I am so UPSET that these 12 (normal 12 people) couldnt find KC even "Neglictful" where Caylee was concerned..and to think she went 31 days Partying her tail off on everybody elses DIME showing NO concern for her Baby....There has to be something very wrong with 12 grown adults who either wore blinders, or HATED GEORGE so much, or Fell in Love with JB to allow this "Misfit" out to continue on her trail of deceit and possibly put other children at risk!!..

I do think all these Juror's need to have their head examined to find out just how they could completely exhonerate Ms KC..They could of at least held her accountable to Neglect/Manslaughter by extension..BUT nooooo KC wasnt proven:banghead:

But....but...but..LyndyLoo - the jury didn't know who Caylee's caretaker was! :banghead:

Unfortunately, the State dropped the child neglect charge when FCA was charged with capital murder.

Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
I just can't say that enough times. What we saw was ONLY the GUILT phase. Following the Guilt phase is the Penalty Phase. Even for the most severe of the charges, the jury had every right to vote LWOP.

But, but, but! Then the jury would have had to stay longer!

My suspicions were aroused when I heard that one of the jurors had a cruise scheduled for 7/7 ...

I completely disagree with all the "not guilty" verdicts.

It is also my opinion that none of the jurors understood the meaning of a circumstantial case, or that circumstantial evidence is to be given the same weight as direct evidence in deliberations.

Although presented with a wealth of circumstantial evidence that far exceeded the legal standard of "reasonable double", they would only convict on direct evidence, a "smoking gun" or an actual time-and-date-stamped video of Casey committing the murder.

Shame on these jurors for not devoting the earnest commitment to reviewing all the evidence, testimony and judge's charges that was their sworn duty. I find it to be reprehensible and inexcusable.

I would have found her guilty of Child Abuse / Neglect based on the 6/16 video of CFCA and TL at BB renting videos and his testimony that she didn't leave his apartment until 6/17, alone!! WHERE (PINELLAS 12), was Caylee Marie? You all remember, the VICTIM!

They FAILED big time so they could go home two weeks sooner - IMO a baby killer walked out of jail. My consolation is CFCA maybe out, but she is not free!

There is no honor, justice, respect or acceptance on my part for this verdict. Never. All the lies, searches, investigation, innocents dragged into it and the money spent were all for naught. To not hear from the other jurors that have not yet spoken does not surprise me. If I had been one of them, I would be ashamed to show my face or utter a word. How they can live with their decision is beyond me and I guess I'll take my good time getting beyond it, if ever. In some posts, it seems they still haven't gotten past the possibility that this 22 yr. old mother could have possibly committed this crime against her own daughter. It's been discussed, picked apart, argued and concluded what happened on what day, just about down to the millisecond according to the timelines that have been authored both individually and conglomerately. To question that KC was targeted at this point is to say that the past three years of devoting countless hours of earnest concern for this poor helpless child named Caylee has been disregarded and it is beginning to frazzle my nerves. This is a victim's advocacy site and out of all the characters that were involved in this case, the least of all viewed as a victim is KC, ICA or FICA, (whatever you choose to use as a reference). This was about justice for Caylee and it IMO did not happen.

Disagree with the verdict. I respected it, until the jury started talking.

Read FCA's actual signed statement to LE ... she states on 7/16 that she had not seen Caylee since 6/9/08. Whether it was a kidnapping or a murder at that point is irrelevant. If she had not seen Caylee since 6/9 and not reported her missing until 7/16, that is child neglect pure and simple.

http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/statement-given-to-police-by-casey-anthony-on-71608/

FKC also stated the child was in her "possession" when she "went missing"....

We don't know that she didn't have a sitter during this conversation, CFCA may have been home with CA & GA in the next room! We only know that she told TR that Zanny (the imaginary nanny) was not available, IIRC because she was on the way home from an imaginary wedding, then needed to stop by her imaginary sister's place to pick up her imaginary dog!

Sounds to me that she was yanking his chain or maybe she just wasn't that into him!

Can't recall the whereabouts of CA/GA on this day.

I do know this conversation between the 2 took place from early afternoon (around 3ish IIRC) until evening hours, so if it was a weekday, CA would've most likely been at work. I assumed that Casey was trying to get CA to watch Caylee with no luck, but for some reason she told TR that it was her nanny that was out of commission. If she didn't really like him like that, why just keep him hanging on for hours, and when he said that waiting for 3 weeks to see her isn't a good "relationship", why not just drop him then? I think she was into him, but she was also into other men as well.

Let's see, who has cause to cover for whom in this house:

GA - may cover for CFCA (she's his daughter), may cover for CA (she's his wife and meal ticket).

1) Didn't call LE from car lot, knew the odor of decomp (manager who also knew the odor made the same decision), believed his granddaughter was with his daughter. May have believed DD was in deep doo-doo, possibly hiding the death of an unknown person.

2) Called LA, said - we got the car, KC is sort of in trouble (note: may not be an exact quote). Understatement of the year if he knew his granddaughter was deceased and had decomposed in the trunk....

CA - may cover for CFCA (see above), may cover for GA (he's her spouse and she knows for all his faults, he loves her).

1) Knew the odor of decomp, removed items from car, washed items, attempted to clean trunk with, at the very least, a bottle of Febreeze - during initial inquiry admitted removing items from car (to LE).

2) Perjured herself on the stand (and IMO during depos) FOR her CFDD.

CFCA - did not cover for GA, allowed her attorney to accuse him of a crime second only to murder to most (sexual abuse of a child).

If this was an accident that both GA and Casey knew about and were fully involved in covering it up, I have to disagree that Casey didn't cover for GA. Perhaps she got tired of covering for him after his Grand Jury testimony, figured he was throwing her under the bus so the gig was up, she wasn't going to deal with it anymore. (speculation of course, but is possible)

CFCA - did not cover for CA - told her brother - mom says I'm a bad mother / admitted to being a spiteful b1tch (not direct quotes) as reasons for not returning Caylee.

1) Through her attorney, admitted to partying for 31 days after the death of her daughter. Got a good life tattoo following the death of her daughter.

2) Lied, lied, lied some more, ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!! Made up a nanny kidnapping, version 1 and 2. Denied drowning during recorded visit. Did I mention she lied? Oh and FAILED to report her daughter "missing"!!

3) Knew Caylee's remains were not in the river at the park - had a very different reaction to unknown remains found on Suburban Dr. While out on bail said "They haven't even found Caylee's clothes". I cannot recall if the jury heard this but they disregarded all the other evidence so I doubt this would have made a difference...

I know I sound OT but these are some of the reasons I believe the jury made a terrible decision in acquitting CFCA. Were they at the same trial I watched? Can they sleep at night knowing what they have done? I wish them no harm but I would like to know how they really arrived at the verdict. 6 weeks of trial, just a few hours of deliberations does not compute. Neither does NG on all charges related to Caylee. At the least felony child abuse / neglect was appropriate.

I would have hung this jury in a New York minute.

Responses bolded in blue...

Hung jury under the assumption that you could find 12 people who would completely disagree. I understand I'm a minority on this board, so if they were going to take 12 members from this board alone, chances are it would be guilty on all charges, IMO. But, then again, there was access to all discovery documents, and access to deliberate way before the trial... so hard to say what the outcome would've been.

I would have found her guilty of Child Abuse / Neglect based on the 6/16 video of CFCA and TL at BB renting videos and his testimony that she didn't leave his apartment until 6/17!! WHERE (PINELLAS 12), was Caylee Marie? You all remember, the VICTIM!

How many times did LDB ask the jury that very question? I don't think it ever registered in their minds.

How many times did LDB ask the jury that very question? I don't think it ever registered in their minds.

Me too but George was around, so who was really Caylee's caregiver that day? That seemed to be the argument against child abuse/neglect, which I really don't get.

Question for those jury members to ponder:
?: Would CA really even stand next to GA if he had done those things JB spun out to you. Was that disgusting verbal description of what GA did to CA more significant than the photos you saw of what was left of Caylee Marie.
?: Do you think FCA just looked innocent and childlike with her long hair and fake tears. Those were fake tears, just in case you just assumed they were real and because you couldn’t judge people. Hey guys - What about those tight tops she constantly re-tied to display her assets. Did that image convey innocence, or arrogance and some teasing boldness.
?: Didn’t you pay any attention to all of the evidence and the testimony from those experts which the state of Florida collected for you. Were you so eager to go back to your lives that you took the quickest way out. The state had treated you well, fed you well, paid for your entertainment, provided you with nice clean sheets in a very nice hotel, with pools and such. Don’t you feel guilty that you took all that the state of Florida did for you, and then reneged on your part of the agreement. You took an oath, were sworn in, and you failed to perform your part of the agreement. Guilty, yes, you are all guilty.
?: Did you ever think about what really happened to little Caylee Marie. Did you see the teeny tiny bones that had to be reassembled into some sort of skeleton of what was little Caylee Marie. Did you see those teeth marks on those teeny tiny bones, left by animals who pulled apart pieces of this baby as she lay in that swamp. Did you notice how all the adhesive had eroded from the duct tape, yet it still clung to her as if to keep her little skull intact while the rest of her was battered and tattered. Do you think that you should have looked at that tape as if it held a desperate message from Caylee Marie, as she was crying and dying and gasping for air. That duct tape had been placed across little Caylee Marie’s nose and mouth. Do you know what it feels like to not be able to breathe, to struggle to breathe because someone is stealing your breath away to make your life go away? Just try for a minute to imagine what hell it had to be – shove your face into a pillow so you can’t breathe. See how panicky it makes you feel. Caylee Marie was not even three, she was tiny, completely helpless, she was murdered, and she did not drown.
?: Is it okay to lie if it is to save your daughter from a “possible” death sentence. Even if she had been the one who left Caylee Marie in a garbage dump to disappear, expecting that the swamp scavengers would nibble and gnaw at her, making her disappear bit by tiny bit. Somebody wanted this babe dead and gone forever, never to be found. The thought of this just makes me so sad for this little throwaway babe, and so furious that someone could be so devoid of emotion to do something this despicable.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member