Richard

Reaction score
Kim Mallon
Missing since September 30, 1973 from Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 12, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scars on both wrists.
AKA: Rhonda Kay Mallon
Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Mallon was last seen in Los Angeles, California on September 30, 1973. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
UCLA Police Department 310-825-1491

Agency Case Number: 981040191
NCIC Number: M-131712804
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 2173DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2173dfca.html

There has been no posts on this thread and there is very little information in the origional sources.

Does anyone know more about the disappearance of this little girl?

There has been no posts on this thread and there is very little information in the origional sources.

Does anyone know more about the disappearance of this little girl?

I don't know anymore about her but found this link (which offers no more details than you've posted in the link you provided):

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=7649816700397

(This is the link contained within the Doe link. Continued looking for more but haven't found anything.)

Why would someone that young have an alias? :waitasec:

Just a guess on my part, but maybe Kim simply went by her nickname with her full/given name being Rhonda Kay Mallon.

The "AKA" does not stand for alias, it literally means Also Known As... Although some missing posters or wanted posters use it to mean "aliases".

Why would the case of a missing 13 year old be investigated by the UCLA campus police?

The photo posted looks more like a 6 year old...I can only assume that a more up-to-date photo wasn't available. Scars on both wrists indicates to me that she may have been (at least at some point) suicidal. If she were a runaway, and succeeded in killing herself, she may have been buried in some form of Potter's field with little or no documentation.

i think seh could still be alive out there. i hope no one gives up on her case.

Very strange, where are this child's parents rallying for her safe return?

I agree! Look at Sharon Murch rallying for her daughter Michaela Garecht to be found. The mother of Anna Waters, of Jacob Wetterling, of Amy Billig? These are all mothers of kids missing in the 70s-80s. And their cases are very much alive today. why oh why isn't her family doing the same?

I did some research on ancestry last night about kim mallon, because i am going back through all my Snohomish Jane Doe possibles.

Her sister, Lori, was looking for her in 2004. Kim was adopted by her father and stepmother, William and Rosemary Mallon, who married in 1963. William was from Culver City. Although Lori seemed to think they might have moved up to Oregon, I found a divorce record for William and Rosemary from 1976.

Kim's mother's name was Georgia Lytton and she was married to William in Nevada in 1960, roughly the year Kim was born, a marriage which was annulled. Georgia later remarried Ralph Lytton. Lytton was Kim's birth surname.

re: UCLA connection, "Kim was reported missing from UCLA psy. ward after William Mallon dropped her back off. " Based on noted scars on her wrist, I would surmise she was committed after a suicide attempt.

I emailed Lori to encourage her to register her DNA, and also let her know about WS.

I would love to help Kim's sister, who is desperate to find more information, and hope she reaches out here to join our community of excellent sleuthers.

I did some research on ancestry last night about kim mallon, because i am going back through all my Snohomish Jane Doe possibles.

Her sister, Lori, was looking for her in 2004. Kim was adopted by her father and stepmother, William and Rosemary Mallon, who married in 1963. William was from Culver City. Although Lori seemed to think they might have moved up to Oregon, I found a divorce record for William and Rosemary from 1976.

Kim's mother's name was Georgia Lytton and she was married to William in Nevada in 1960, roughly the year Kim was born, a marriage which was annulled. Georgia later remarried Ralph Lytton. Lytton was Kim's birth surname.

re: UCLA connection, "Kim was reported missing from UCLA psy. ward after William Mallon dropped her back off. " Based on noted scars on her wrist, I would surmise she was committed after a suicide attempt.

I emailed Lori to encourage her to register her DNA, and also let her know about WS.

I would love to help Kim's sister, who is desperate to find more information, and hope she reaches out here to join our community of excellent sleuthers.

kpdx PM'd me to call my attention to a 1973 Nimitz Junior High School (Huntington Park CA) yearbook in Ancestry.com, which lists a girl "Kim Louise Mallon".

Here's her photo side-by-side with the Charley Project photo of Kim when she appeared to be about 3 or 4 years old.

2715207930045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

She looks quite different at 12-13 from what she looked like at 3-4. I overlaid the images and they match-up pretty well in terms of eye shape, proportional spacing of her facial features, and overall facial shape. I'm pretty sure that this is the same Kim Mallon.

There was also a California Birth Index entry for a "Kim L Mallon" with the correct DOB (12-Apr-60). (So her middle initial L does match the middle name Louise in the yearbook), and being in Junior High School in the 1972-73 school year would be consistent with Kim's age at that time (12-13).

According to the SocSec Death Index, Georgia Mae Spyier-Lytton died in Henderson NV on 15-Oct-1995.

Georgia's husband (and Kim's step-father) Ralph H. Lytton died in Henderson NV on 29-Aug-1995.

The Jane Does scars on both wrists is intruigiing as far as it being a match.
If she dropped out of site in '73 two years my have been just long enough to run out of options in L.A.

That's what I thought too. The age is off, which almost made me dismiss it, but I wonder...

I was going to post that there is now a more recent photo for Kim Mallon on NamUs, but it looks like it was posted here first (sorry, I haven't had as much time as I used to to post on Websleuths recently).

I did notice on both photos Kim Mallon's eyes look dark/brown and not blue (IMO). I wonder if her eye color is listed incorrectly.

Can someone with ancestry.com look to see if there is a relationship to George O. same last name?

Hi, my name is Debbie and I am one of the sisters of Kim Mallon. I have been searching for her since the early 90s. While my search has taken me all over the place, she remains missing.

In 1973 Kim was checked out of UCLA Med Ctr by her father, Bill Mallon. There are no records any where on him. I am assuming he has passed. Her adoptive mother, passed away in a small town in Oregon, where she moved shortly after Kim disappeared. Rosemary (adoptive mother) lived in this town for a couple of years and after speaking with a Librarian there, she remembers her well. She said she never had visitors and was a very lonely person. The state cremated her as she had no relatives. I attempted to get her personal belongings but the County or State could not find any of them.

Kim had been molested by her father, and criminal charges were brought up against him. Somewhere along the way, Rosemary and Kim decided to drop the charges - however, she never got over this horrendous betrayer by her father. And then she tried to commit suicide - which then sent her to UCLA Med Center - When Bill took her out - he had to sign her out, but when he was questions....he stated he just dropped her at curbside. Speaking with the original Detective on this case, he states that they erred in that they did not look at this as a potential homicide - THEY DROPPED THE BALL.

My gut tells me he probably murdered her - as he had a lot of mental illness issues - he was a cruel individual and sick.....

I have taken as much information from this site and a couple others and given it to the investigator working on this case, including the suicide of the girl in LA in 1975.

Information.....I have given my DNA so that Jane Does can be checked.

Also, after finding her Jr. High School photo and authenticating it, they are going to be doing a photo progression of her to what her current age would be now. I am sure they will post it on all websites when they are finished with it.

Should anyone find out anything more, please be sure to message me.

We have not given up....we continue our search and hope to have some type of answers in the near future as to whether she was able to escape him and restart her life under a different name or if an untimely demise took her from us.

Thank you for your continued efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

p.s. To my knowledge there were no George Names in the Mallon family. Her grandparents were Edie and Joe Mallon..... I cannot remember other relatives and my parents have passed.... Georgia passed 8/8/96 and Ralph passed 2 weeks to the day later. All my grandparents are deceased - I have reached out to my mother's sister and she cannot tell me much more then I already know.

Debbie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back