TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing too. But, I just realized SMPD contracts out dispatch to Hamilton County (because of past issues) if that helps. If you go into the police department you have to ring a bell, wait for someone to come out, since they keep it locked, unless things have changed. (Also, thinking it may have a sign to call).

Signal Mountain Police are dispatched by the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office on the West Dispatch talkgroup (19600). from http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2460

IMO, I just don't think the nooga.com article is accurate. I'd like to know if that was verified by the author and from where. That seems to be an important statement. :twocents:

You are correct. I was there a couple of months ago after finding stolen property. We were turning it in to police and waited 35 minutes for an officer to get there. I double if their argument was at the station.

Could it have been on the street or parking lot outside the station? We know they got into an argument on the street at a stop sign on April 22nd, maybe it happened again.

Edited to add that JBean has already confirmed the incident report does say the fight happened at the police station. I already forgot that when I first wrote this. That'll teach me to respond before thinking. :doh:

It is interesting that in both of the disputes that they separated, GAIL was the one who left the house/area and took the children. IMO unless there was a reason, why would you take the children from their home and their routine, instead of MP leaving? Unless there was a reason he couldn't. Just saying...

IMO.

I think that is odd. Especially when the children were attending school and MP is the one with relatives there. I'm thinking the original answer to that was prolly right. :drink: IMO

You are correct. I was there a couple of months ago after finding stolen property. We were turning it in to police and waited 35 minutes for an officer to get there. I double if their argument was at the station.

So if someone was following you, it might be quicker and safer to just call 911 rather than drive to the station and lay on the horn. ??

So if someone was following you, it might be quicker and safer to just call 911 rather than drive to the station and lay on the horn. ??

No, I disagree there. Somebody IS inside and would come out to investigate. Who knows where 911 would send an officer. Dispatchers don't know the roads.

Just listen to how that sounds about our LE. 911: where is your location and can you give us directions? :rolleyes:

This is now posted several places. Enlightening!

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7321620n#comments

Hi happy!! I'm really confused and it totally could be that I am just completely worn to a frazzle from the last 5 days I've had my in-laws in town..and therefor I am missing the point..the subject..etc..that you're posting about above..

I went to the cbs link and it took me to a story about a girl who wants to see her father get sentenced to death.. Thought maybe you were speaking of something talked aBout in the comment section so I read all 13 of those as well and I honestly haven't a clue what I am even looking for..loL

If you could please just clarify for me I would be forever appreciative:)

TIA!

Just listen to how that sounds about our LE. 911: where is your location and can you give us directions? :rolleyes:

In all fairness, it's not so different from what happens all over the county. In most communities, there won't be a dispatcher right around the corner. I think the biggest problem is that so many people are not aware the "system" has changed. When people believe they are speaking with someone who is a VERY local local, they give information differently than if they know the real deal. This wastes precious time and causes confusion in my opinion.

The "in the parking lot" situation is unique though. I'd still blow the horn and maybe get on the phone at the same time.

Let's not forget the fire department is right there too. Maybe a fireman could run out and hit somebody over the head with a fire extinguisher?

Ok. Time for me to go to bed before I get in trouble. :eek:fftobed:

Re: "Reel Nauti" I just had to comment that I absolutely love your username..lol..It's great;)..

I have seen your name pop in on Gail's threads from time to time and had been meaning to post a comment about your uniquely cute play-on-words username..:)

Ok..ok.. No more O/T..back on the topic of all things Gail..

Hi happy!! I'm really confused and it totally could be that I am just completely worn to a frazzle from the last 5 days I've had my in-laws in town..and therefor I am missing the point..the subject..etc..that you're posting about above..

I went to the cbs link and it took me to a story about a girl who wants to see her father get sentenced to death.. Thought maybe you were speaking of something talked aBout in the comment section so I read all 13 of those as well and I honestly haven't a clue what I am even looking for..loL

If you could please just clarify for me I would be forever appreciative:)

TIA!

To clarify this link is posted over many Signal Mountain FB pages and BGHN. That was all. I guess awareness, sorry if inappropriate, it is late here too!

In all fairness, it's not so different from what happens all over the county. In most communities, there won't be a dispatcher right around the corner. I think the biggest problem is that so many people are not aware the "system" has changed. When people believe they are speaking with someone who is a VERY local local, they give information differently than if they know the real deal. This wastes precious time and causes confusion in my opinion.

The "in the parking lot" situation is unique though. I'd still blow the horn and maybe get on the phone at the same time.

Let's not forget the fire department is right there too. Maybe a fireman could run out and hit somebody over the head with a fire extinguisher?

Pearl* it sounds bad I think when you read it, but we know different. I believe this is the best place to live in Hamilton County.

Not wanting to :worms:

I think the whole 911 thing is being blown out of proportion a little. Just because we can't directly call the police doesn't mean that they don't have ways to communicate with other law enforcement agencies.

I don't live in Signal Mountain, but I do live in the unincorporated County. And if someone calls 911 it never takes more than five minutes to get a patrol car to come and check something out. Last week, we had a transformer blow up one night in the neighborhood behind us (more fallen trees on the lines) and our neighbors called 911. It was no more than a few minutes before LE showed up with several cars.

And they have GPS and maps and I see patrols all the time, even late at night. So I really don't know where the idea comes from that we aren't covered in Hamilton County. There might be some confusing situations where jurisdictions overlap. Out here in the East county there are places where it's hard to know if a person should call the Sherriff, the Collegedale Police, or the City of Chattanooga, but the 911 dispatcher usually will tell you what is up with that.

The Mountain is a little different because it's separate, but I always thought the problem was too much patrolling, not too little patrolling. :cow:

I just finished watching that 48 Hour Mistery Home. That was an eye opener for sure. It really makes you wonder. Prayers for Gail.

A good squirt of water wouldn't hurt.... Night Pearl. :seeya:

I think the whole 911 thing is being blown out of proportion a little. Just because we can't directly call the police doesn't mean that they don't have ways to communicate with other law enforcement agencies.

I don't live in Signal Mountain, but I do live in the unincorporated County. And if someone calls 911 it never takes more than five minutes to get a patrol car to come and check something out. Last week, we had a transformer blow up one night in the neighborhood behind us (more fallen trees on the lines) and our neighbors called 911. It was no more than a few minutes before LE showed up with several cars.

And they have GPS and maps and I see patrols all the time, even late at night. So I really don't know where the idea comes from that we aren't covered in Hamilton County. There might be some confusing situations where jurisdictions overlap. Out here in the East county there are places where it's hard to know if a person should call the Sherriff, the Collegedale Police, or the City of Chattanooga, but the 911 dispatcher usually will tell you what is up with that.

The Mountain is a little different because it's separate, but I always thought the problem was too much patrolling, not too little patrolling. :cow:

As long as they weren't the ones following GP.......:innocent:

Pearl* it sounds bad I think when you read it, but we know different. I believe this is the best place to live in Hamilton County.

Absolutely. I've lived here a long time because there is no place I'd rather be.

Yes all the way. They communicate, they use their GPS technology--even with cell phones now, they are constantly on patrol, and the response time can't be beaten anywhere. I don't doubt that Gail got results each and every time she called 911.

There is, however, a communication gap between the caller and the dispatcher, unless the caller realizes the dispatcher is not just around the corner. And for many years they were. I'm not sure when the change happened, but I think I could round it off to 2005. Most people don't have occasion to call 911 very often--I certainly hope--and therefore many people still don't know.

This will probably help non-locals understand more about Signal Mountain as well as the "911" issue itself. We are a small town where everybody knows most everybody. It's impossible to go to the grocery store without seeing somebody you know. I can't for the life of me figure out how we managed to misplace a RED JEEP!

Here's the problem: I made a 911 call myself within the last year, and the conversation went something like this (actual locations changed for privacy purposes):

911: 911, what is your emergency?
Me: There's been a car accident on the main highway right in front of Pruett's.
911: What highway is that?
Me: You know, the MAIN HIGHWAY.
911: What is the name of the road?
Me: What?? It's RIGHT HERE in front of PRUETT'S!
911: Do you know the address of Pruett's?

...and at that point, the local person who thinks the conversation is with another local person...is ready to jump through the phone. :banghead:

What I learned from the Nooga.com article:

Either the dispute regarding the boat was not listed, or it took place at the couple's home...so why was there media discussing Matt jumping out of a moving car to go home?

I am intrigued by the language "settling a dispute"...this could mean a disagreement over the rules of Sorry to doors being kicked in and blood being drawn....

Then there is the statement by criminal defense attorney Bryan Hoss-that many people consult and hire attorneys to act as a go between for the client and LE. Really? Now granted MP is no Marc Klaas, but the first thing HE did when Polly went missing was to march himself down to LE and take a polygraph so that they didnt waste any time focusing on him. Just sayin.

...Then there is the statement by criminal defense attorney Bryan Hoss-that many people consult and hire attorneys to act as a go between for the client and LE. Really? Now granted MP is no Marc Klaas, but the first thing HE did when Polly went missing was to march himself down to LE and take a polygraph so that they didnt waste any time focusing on him. Just sayin.
Yeah, that's hinky to me. Some people do hire an attorney for a go-between, but it's not necessary if you are the husband of a missing person and just want to find her for the sake of your children.

Even if he has things he wanted covered up at first (the possible girlfriend, divorce plans, etc) so much time has gone by that the longer he continues to stonewall police, the more suspicious they become. But that's his boat to float (no pun intended). People often make choices to not talk or to talk too much (as in the Hailey Dunn case) and it can come back to bite you either way.

Remember the time difference....

I can't get over thinking there was someone in wait for her when she got home. :banghead: If not in the garage or woods, maybe inside somewhere, since the house is so large. I wonder if they have a basement?

Maybe Gail's siblings and friends are busy gathering info for court on Friday? Is that possible?

Bingo.

Regarding the hearing on Friday-I wonder in what circumstances a GAL would be appointed in a probate situation like this one? I mean it couldnt hurt at all to have a guardian take legal custody (not physical) of these little ones and determine who is the better parent, even though Gail maybe absent.

The kids are at an age where any judge worth his/her salt would ask them what they think and feel about custody...at least that is what would happen here as in the NorthEast.

Can any locals weigh in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member