The Letter of Reference

In April of 2012, I recall finding information at peoplefinders that Lori had employment at an apartment complex named Cantebria Crossing. I have tried to relocate this info and am unsuccessful. I think the site has changed what info is free and viewable.

Thinking I was confused, I was happy to locate a post about this employment:
old thread (thread number one, post 195 by buffetoflies who wrote:

"I looked up LR on another site (http://www.people-finders.ws) and she had Possible Employment / Business Associations of CANTEBRIA CROSSING, operators of Apartment Buildings. Also listed previous locations of :
BEDFORD, TX
LEONARD, TX
CARROLLTON, TX
FORT WORTH, TX
DALLAS, TX
EULESS, TX
IRVING, TX"

Cantebria Crossing was located in Bedford Texas and touts itself as being in close proximity to DFW airport. The only reason I am bringing this up now is that I wonder if Cantebria Crossing has any ties to Mr. Letter of Reference. If it does not, so be it. I noticed that Claire and others have been able to look up past owners of businesses. I wonder if you might check out past owners of Cantebria Crossing (or lead me to how you do this). Thanks.

RRS married "So*" in LV in 61 and they divorce in 75.
RRS then marries "St*" in LV in 77 and they appear to still be married.

Could FLEK be associated to either wife?

And "Sweet Mom".... please don't dissect my grammar, cause I know that I would fail miserably. LOL

I was trying more to connect her writing style of the reference letter to her resume, not make anyone nervous about grammar!:floorlaugh:

In April of 2012, I recall finding information at peoplefinders that Lori had employment at an apartment complex named Cantebria Crossing. I have tried to relocate this info and am unsuccessful. I think the site has changed what info is free and viewable.

Thinking I was confused, I was happy to locate a post about this employment:
old thread (thread number one, post 195 by buffetoflies who wrote:

"I looked up LR on another site (http://www.people-finders.ws) and she had Possible Employment / Business Associations of CANTEBRIA CROSSING, operators of Apartment Buildings. Also listed previous locations of :
BEDFORD, TX
LEONARD, TX
CARROLLTON, TX
FORT WORTH, TX
DALLAS, TX
EULESS, TX
IRVING, TX"

Cantebria Crossing was located in Bedford Texas and touts itself as being in close proximity to DFW airport. The only reason I am bringing this up now is that I wonder if Cantebria Crossing has any ties to Mr. Letter of Reference. If it does not, so be it. I noticed that Claire and others have been able to look up past owners of businesses. I wonder if you might check out past owners of Cantebria Crossing (or lead me to how you do this). Thanks.

GMTA! I was actually looking into this earlier today. The address of Cantebria Crossing Apartments is the one used on her resume: 1978 Oak Creek Lane #16, Bedford, Texas 76022. Peoplefinders still has that listed as a possible employment. Unfortunately, the Texas Secretary of State does not allow free access to its databases. There is a $1 search fee for each record searched. While $1 is not a lot of money, I can't justify spending any money on my sleuthing hobby. Besides, I don't like giving out my credit card info over the internet. Here is a link to the SOSDirect for Texas: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/sosda/index.shtml

I think California also requires a fee to access this kind of information, while other states such as Arizona and Florida give free public access.

FYI...Generally it is the Secretary of State office that does business registrations in each state. I just googled "texas business registration" and found the correct office. Some lines of business, like the heating and air conditioning company, also require state licenses, so those licensing agencies are also a good source of info.

Name Date Instrument Deed Vol Deed Page
LEEWARD STRATEGIC PROPERTIES 2009-08-18 D209167815
GENERAL ELECTRIC CR EQUITIES 2009-08-04 D209206607
VILLAGE SQUARE/CANTEBRIA LP 2004-07-20 D204226647
WATCH OMEGA HOLDINGS, LP 1997-12-23 13601 0002
SPA HOLDINGS LLC 1997-07-31 12853 0336
LOMA WOODS LTD 1989-11-10 09758 1431
BEDFORD GROUP LTD 1989-06-10 09615 0575
G W L PROPERTIES INC 1989-06-09 09615 0561
THE GREAT WEST LIFE ASSURANCE 1987-06-02 08962 0368
CANTEBRIA CROSSING LTD 1985-02-04 08081 0718
SHENANDOAH PROPERTIES INC

My brain says... If the letter is fake.. Why keep it? She had plenty of references by then.. Sentimental?

If you look at the infrared scan that someone posted earlier, you can see that the background of the body of the letter is much "clearer" than the background at the top where the logo is placed. That indicates that she copies just the lerrethead with a piece of paper over the body of the letter, which gave her a blank page with serviceable letterhead on which to write her letter.

The purpose of the letter is to use as a reference (which is difficult to check because of the 13 hour time difference), and as an explaination for why she just dropped onto the earth a year earlier.

Once again, very clever, very determined, and it follows exactly along with the Loompanics books, which recommend making up some *advertiser censored* and bull story about growing up overseas because it's hard to check.

This will probably help none but I found a letter to me from my best friend that had been visiting London in /10. It is written on hotel stationary. I know the hotels in NYC I stay within still have these as well. When comparing the letter we see here - it doesn't match (although I know it's two different hotels). It was strange to come across.

I found a Roger Steinbeck who lived in North Hollywood and he is 83. I think that he stayed at this hotel and wrote a letter to someone back home (California). I was wondering if FLEK knew the recipient and kept the signature and just pasted/photocopied the body of the letter. The reason I think she would so this is because no one would spend the money to call the hotel in Thailand to confirm this letter was true and she was safe to pass it off as legitimate.

Here is the link to Radaris and Roger Steinbeck in North Hollywood: http://radaris.com/~Roger-Steinbeck/211502567

Hey! I think I may have found a clue!

It is on Thailand stationary.

I started to re-look into the Boise, ID family.

They seem to have an association with Thailand and were even living in China in 1986!

One of the daughters seems to have taken part in extensive travelling. I wonder if FLEK's initial Idaho association begins with her??

Hey! I think I may have found a clue!

It is on Thailand stationary.

I started to re-look into the Boise, ID family.

They seem to have an association with Thailand and were even living in China in 1986!

What kind of association with Thailand? Just that the daughter traveled there? From some research I did on the back story of that family, I just have a feeling that there is some connection to FLEK. One of the daughters might have at least known her. I'm curious to hear about what you found.

I posted tons on Steinbeck Jr. It was removed by mods. He has connections to Turkey and travel overseas.

I posted tons on Steinbeck Jr. It was removed by mods. He has connections to Turkey and travel overseas.

I hope you kept copy of your research! I generally keep a Word file open to cut and paste things into before posting a summary here.

As far as the signature goes - I don't think it's a big deal that it is different from her own. She could've just had someone else sign it. In fact, I theorize this is why she kept the letter of reference, because it contained the handwriting of the person that guided and helped her throughout the entire caper and it might be the last physical link to that person she had. So, it was kept for sentimental value.

As far as the signature goes - I don't think it's a big deal that it is different from her own. She could've just had someone else sign it. In fact, I theorize this is why she kept the letter of reference, because it contained the handwriting of the person that guided and helped her throughout the entire caper and it might be the last physical link to that person she had. So, it was kept for sentimental value.

The main point that has been made about the signature here at WS, is that it was written confidently. The kind of signature that a person is used to using all the time. There is no hesitation in the writing of the signature.

We don't really know what all she kept or the contents of the lockbox. We just know what the SSA investigator was comfortable with sharing and what the Seattle Times felt was relevant to publish, to make the story interesting for readers.

Bottom line: We only know what they chose to show the general public. The pieces shown have been mostly about the facts, not much there to determine if she kept things purely for sentimental value.

The main point that has been made about the signature here at WS, is that it was written confidently. The kind of signature that a person is used to using all the time. There is no hesitation in the writing of the signature.

We don't really know what all she kept or the contents of the lockbox. We just know what the SSA investigator was comfortable with sharing and what the Seattle Times felt was relevant to publish, to make the story interesting for readers.

Bottom line: We only know what they chose to show the general public. The pieces shown have been mostly about the facts, not much there to determine if she kept things purely for sentimental value.

I was only putting forth a theory since someone had wondered what reason she would have for keeping the letter. And as far as the confident signature goes - I could make similarly "confident" strokes with a random name after about ten minutes of practice. Notice that there is not much detail in the signature. I'd speculate that's by design.

It's also worth noting that people used to be much more comfortable with cursive style, due to its more widespread use in the educational system.

I was only putting forth a theory since someone had wondered what reason she would have for keeping the letter. And as far as the confident signature goes - I could make similarly "confident" strokes with a random name after about ten minutes of practice. Notice that there is not much detail in the signature. I'd speculate that's by design.

It's also worth noting that people used to be much more comfortable with cursive style, due to its more widespread use in the educational system.

I wasn't putting down your theory at all. Just letting you know it was a general consensus here at WS (in the old general thread) that the signature was "confident" in the way it was written. My handwriting is really bad and I see similarities between my writing and note-taking style and FLEK. (I made a long post about it somewhere here in the forum). I am not capable of practicing writing a name for 10 minutes and turning out a "confident" signature. I suspect that FLEK and I are about the same age.

Yes generally people used to be more comfortable with cursive style, but according to the limited examples of FLEK's writing we have seen, she was not one of those people.

I've been looking at the letter a bit more closely and have a couple more thoughts on the matter...perhaps this has already been brought up...

The body of the letter has a slightly different slant from the "Sincerely, Roger Steinbeck" portion. I'm aware that this could happen easily with manual typewriters. After all, the left margins do seem to match.

What I'm getting at is that forgers sometimes work in reverse - getting the signature correct first and then building up the more standard parts of the document. I can't see any obvious differences in the type, so it was probably done on the same typewriter.

Could someone have filled in the closing and given it to Lori, telling her to fill in the body, which she did at a later date and time? Could this be the reason for the date discrepancy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back