Resolved TX - Houston, Human bones at construction site, Aug'12 - Old cemetery

Just 4 miles from my house! :notgood: and this is the first i heard about it. Shows how much I pay attention to the local news...

RE: work crews re-hiding remains.
I used to work with a guy at an ambulance company, he was an ambulette van driver (wheelchair vans). He was a retired NYC sanitaion driver, and he told me the unwritten rule was if you found a dead body in the trash, or what appeared to be blood coming out of the compactor, to just ignore it, because if you called the police a blocked off street would mess up your route, and if it was in your truck, the crime lab technicians would keep the truck for weeks. After hearing that, I truly believe a large percentage of missing persons from urban areas are in landfills.

Aren't there stories like that about the Brooklyn Bridge? Workers who died while building the supports somehow getting stuck in the foundations and they just had to keep on going with the construction? Or is that myth?

I need more coffee. I hope these folks get IDed for their families' sakes.

I googled the Brooklyn Bridge and several sites said that was a myth, as well as claims about Hoover Dam. One person stated it wasn't possible to leave the person in there because it would damage the structural integrity of the bridge/dam. This same thing was claimed to have happened during the building of the Westinghouse Bridge near Pittsburgh.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/M...ite/-/1735978/15940796/-/ohg5q2z/-/index.html

Has anyone heard any thing more on the age and gender of these remains found?

Hi, I just registered here on this site. I have to take an interest in the subject. I called the Houston chronicle last week on thur and to my suprise the editor asked me if I had saw the news. The reason for my call to her was because I have been helping a friend find answers the disappearance of her daughter, who went missing 33 years ago. Back in 1979 Sophia Moreno went missing and hasn't been heard of or seen since. The family Does suspect foul play and has heard recent stories that she may have been murdered and taken to Houston to be dumped some wheres. the family has called Houston forensic to have a trace ran to see if there is a possible match. If any one out there knows anything. please call some one.

From my understanding of the positioning of the remains, it is not unreasonable to conclude that the body/bodies were laid down in either a very shallow grave beneath the soon-to-be-poured cement foundation, or immediately beneath the pouring concrete. The heavy cement in its liquid form, would push and bulldoze anything in its path, as it expands to fit its frame. The bones were found pushed up against what would be the framed edge of the concrete foundation. The odds of this being any kind of cemetary or burial ground are very slim, simply due to the elevation of this particular plot of land at the time prior to development. It is practically at or very slightly above sea level. Much like New Orleans or Galveston. Other cemetaries in this area are comprised of several above ground cement enclosures for the graves for that reason.

BBM

Read More:
http://news92fm.com/267728/additional-details-surrounding-human-remains-found-at-construction-site/

David Dunaway was a drywall contractor, and was last seen in Houston in May 1981.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11849/0

I wonder if this is who they are talking about.

Great minds, CarlK! This is the case that immediately came to mind when I saw this news report!

Hi, jeanettem, welcome to WS. I couldn't find a thread on Sophia. Here are the charleyproject and doenetwork listings for your friend's daughter.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/598dftx.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moreno_sophia.html

Is there anything in these listings that is incorrect? Or is there anything that you can add? Especially regarding the husband.
Hopefully your friend can find some closure, and give her daughter a decent burial.

Thank you. yes Sophia is on that data base. her ncmec# 90181. The Husband Is still in the area, we just got information today. I am calling a detective tomorrow to touch base and hopefully get them to bring him in for more questioning. The funny thing is that his own family is starting to leak out information, that supposedly they have know all along. The reason for the cover up I was told was because his father was a preacher, and his brother whom he supposedly made carry the body to be disposed of was only 11 at the time. But the guilt is there, I just know that we will find her soon. I have gotten a lot of support from agencies and will hopefully be able to end this for the family. I wont give up till Sophia is found and he is behind bars serving the sentence he so deserves.

I can't offer anything of assistance on this case, but I'd like to say I hope the perp is sweating bullets right now. Assuming the situation is as it seems, he no doubt thought the condos would be up for virtually his entire lifetime, and wasn't expecting the structural problems that brought them down prematurely. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways, as I truly felt for the displaced condo owners in that video, but this just might give a family some answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back