TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.
“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/investigators-tighten-numbers
The task force is also in contact with an equestrian search organization, which were first contacted by Hailey’s family.
“We’ve been talking with them,” Toombs said, adding he’s not sure what will take place, but the organization could be called in.

They are still in contact with TES. I wonder why they just don't call them in at this point. It's been a month. It's past time.

JMO

Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the areas that have been searched since several of the searchers approached Billie and basically told her that Brad didn't know what he was talking about, and they were going to search where they thought was important. I about lost it. I know that not all of the searchers, or even (hopefully) the majority felt this way.... but for anyone to have the gall to dismiss everything that Brad worked so hard to set up just made me sick. Your best bet on finding out the covered areas would be to get ahold of redcat. If she doesn't know offhand, she can find out.

You got me to thinking also. I haven't thought of this place in years - I think we called it the 'hot spot'. When I was in high school, it was a very popular place to swim, or just go to drink. I can't remember exactly where it is, but I know that it is a posted, fenced area. The water there was very warm and full of currents... because of the power plant's intake vents (or whatever you would call them). And dangerous because supposedly the suction is strong enough to pull you under. I have no idea if the plant is still set up that way, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Personally, I have to believe that Hailey is still alive. And until I know for a fact otherwise, that is what I will believe. At the same time, I realize that areas need to be searched, if for no other reason than to clear them. That is why I am furious that TES has not been allowed to come in. Yes, there is a vast amount of land that you really cannot narrow down to any certain place to look, but the lakes, ponds, fishing holes, and the Colorado River (in the few places water might be) could dang sure be searched and ruled out. Our city manager has mentioned how vast Lake Colorado City is, and lamented how expensive it would be to search it, but TES doesn't charge for their services, do they? That is what I have been led to believe anyway.

I see no reason at all that TES is not allowed to come in and clear at least the Colorado City and Champion lakes.... unless there is something down there (totally unrelated to Hailey) that someone doesn't want to be found. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but WTH? I am beginning to believe that something mighty interesting would be found.

When I first contacted TES, I was told in no uncertain terms that they did not have to be either invited or welcomed by LE. Only that a parent had to ask them to come and then inform LE. I immediately called Billie, and she called and asked them to come, called LE to tell them that TES was coming, and then called TES back to let them know LE had been informed. TES told her they would be coming either that day or the next morning (they are 8 to 10 hours away from us, and it has been so long that I don't remember which day they said they were coming... it was late morning getting close to noon after all the phone calls were made). Keep in mind that it was very easy to get someone to talk to us, and they never made us wait very long on hold.

As soon as I heard that it had been reported that they were on standby (and I heard it here first), I called Billie and asked her what had happened. She had no idea that they were not coming after all. So I called TES back. Several times. And besides being forwarded to this person and that person, and spending a lot of time on hold. And no one was able to talk to me - oh, I talked to lots of different people, but no one that was 'authorized' to give me any information. Finally, I got the voicemail of the woman I had originally talked to that morning. And left two or three messages.

When it was nearly 5pm, I called again, in a last ditch effort to get anyone to tell me anything. And I finally found someone to help me out a little bit, bless her heart. She gave me the cell number of the woman I talked to that morning. So I called her, of course getting voicemail. I am not ashamed to admit that I begged her to call me. And she did call me back.

She was very apologetic, but could not explain the standby status to me. I asked her if I had misunderstood her earlier explaination of not needing LE's permission to come as long as a parent requested them and informed LE that they would be coming. I don't blame her, and in fact I think she felt very bad. She told me that I had understood her correctly, but that LE had put them on standby. I kept on, and finally she told me (paraphrasing) "I'm sorry, but LE called us and told us not to come. They have us on standby. As soon as they allow us to come, we will. We have our mobile home packed, and we also have access to a plane and a pilot. I promise, as soon as LE allows us to come, we will leave immediately, and can be there in a matter of hours."

And this was how many days/weeks ago? It really makes me sick. I realize that they are (or were) in Florida on another case now, and of course they cant drop everything and come here. But they were ready to come, and were not allowed to. WTH could have been said to them to make them throw out their standard protocol regarding getting involved?

Sorry for the ramble, but I just cannot get over this.

oh chit.........

I kept wondering why TES was not given a go ahead by LE to start a search. Then came the statement of being told to hold off and go on standby by LE. And yet Laura Recovery and MK were welcomed and given access to help, days later.

Precious time lost.

oh chit.........

I kept wondering why TES was not given a go ahead by LE to start a search. Then came the statement of being told to hold off and go on standby by LE. And yet Laura Recovery and MK were welcomed and given access to help, days later.

Precious time lost.

Yes crocus.. why were MK and Laura Recovery welcomed and given access..days later?? it doesn't make sense.. when TES does have a renowned record of success with their searches.. why would they be held on"stand by" and according to Toombs they are still on "stand by"..

Please please someone explain why this little girls best interest of being FOUND HAS NOT BEEN THE #1..VERY FIRST PRIORITY???? FIRST AND FOREMOST FOUND!!!!!!!!!! SOLVE THE CASE AFTER THIS LITTLE GIRL IS FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

What could possibly be the reason for Laura Recovery.. MK.. blood hounds.. Texas Rangers.. alll being "ALLOWED" FULL ACCESS TO SEARCH... BUT NOT TES?? this I am at a loss for reason..{beyond it being something "political"..THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THAT I CAN COME UP WITH THAT WOULD ANSWER WHY????}

The first priority was family members not lieing and having inconsistencies to LE,being able to pass a polygraph,not lawyering up and not talking to LE,also not buying illegal drugs and you've not verified where your child is.LE did not lose this child,didn't let her run all over the place alone and have a man in the house who had threatened to kill her before as stated in the affadavits.

CZ, do you feel confident that everything the TES rep told you was accurate? I have a strong suspicion that something has been left out of the story. Not by you, CZ. Don't mean that at all.

I'm thinking that CC and TES might've had an agreement that the city/county would let TES know when they narrowed the investigation down to a certain area or radius, and they haven't reached that point yet. I don't know, but something's missing here.

Yes, something very well may have been left out.... but what and why?

And I dont see why, even if the land search hasn't been narrowed down that TES cannot proceed with the search of the lake(s).

oh chit.........

Precious time lost.

I don't know how much of a welcome you think they might have had... and remember, they worked with the volunteer searchers, not necessarily with LE - and that is not saying that they didn't try hard to open as many lines of communication as possible. I am not implying in anyway that I was privy to everything that went on, but IMO, Marc just said the heck with it and came to CCity.

The first priority was family members not lieing and having inconsistencies to LE,being able to pass a polygraph,not lawyering up and not talking to LE,also not buying illegal drugs and you've not verified where your child is.LE did not lose this child,didn't let her run all over the place alone and have a man in the house who had threatened to kill her before as stated in the affadavits.

Respectfully, the ONLY priority is Hailey. No one should have been turned away at any point in time. JMO of course.

I think some search groups have a better reputation than others with searching and privacy issues also not making the search a circus. JMHO

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26631180/detail.html

We asked Billie what was the lowest point for her over this past month. Her response: when the investigation turned to her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, the only suspect named in the case of her missing daughter.

Yes, Billie, we know that was YOUR low point. :fencefall:

One thing we can say for sure, she's consistent. :shakehead:

:thud:

Well no matter what we all may disagree about, the one thing everyone here does agree on is that Hailey is the absolute most important person. She needs to be found, and by God's grace, she will be found safely. No one should be given a pass, and no stone should be left unturned. Everything humanly possible should be done to find her, using every resource available.

Praying for Hailey, and her safe return. May God keep His hand on her and everyone who cares for her.

Perhaps from LE's standpoint there is some private land they may think is a target search area and haven't received landowner's permission nor do they have the necessary probable cause to get a warrant. I'm not sure if TES could assist with a search on a warrant. They can't search private land without the owner's permission. No one can do that. Just a thought...

Well no matter what we all may disagree about, the one thing everyone here does agree on is that Hailey is the absolute most important person. She needs to be found, and by God's grace, she will be found safely. No one should be given a pass, and no stone should be left unturned. Everything humanly possible should be done to find her, using every resource available.

Praying for Hailey, and her safe return. May God keep His hand on her and everyone who cares for her.

Cz,
I hope you know that your posts here are not in vain. You really rub off on Billie, in terms of my feelings about her. It makes me feel that if someone as intelligent, loyal and caring as you believes in her, then maybe I should cut her some slack.

I am still upset at some of her choices, but I imagine she has done the best she can. And i hope she appreciates what a good friend she has in you.

May our prayers light the way for beautiful Hailey.

Yes crocus.. why were MK and Laura Recovery welcomed and given access..days later?? it doesn't make sense.. when TES does have a renowned record of success with their searches.. why would they be held on"stand by" and according to Toombs they are still on "stand by"..

Please please someone explain why this little girls best interest of being FOUND HAS NOT BEEN THE #1..VERY FIRST PRIORITY???? FIRST AND FOREMOST FOUND!!!!!!!!!! SOLVE THE CASE AFTER THIS LITTLE GIRL IS FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

What could possibly be the reason for Laura Recovery.. MK.. blood hounds.. Texas Rangers.. alll being "ALLOWED" FULL ACCESS TO SEARCH... BUT NOT TES?? this I am at a loss for reason..{beyond it being something "political"..THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THAT I CAN COME UP WITH THAT WOULD ANSWER WHY????}

With all due respect, and realizing that TES has a good reputation here on the forum, the problem I've seen with them is the personalities involved like to dabble in matters better left up to LE. Case in the point, the search for Caylee Anthony in Florida, which turned into not only a circus, but an ongoing fiasco that lasted for days and days. Talk about losing precious time!

And they found absolutely nothing important that I can recall, and couldn't even search where Caylee was later found because it was under water from heavy rain at the time.

I don't remember all the particulars of the problems with them because it went on so long and we eventually weren't allowed to talk about it anymore. But I'm not too sorry they aren't involved. This case is confusing enough as it is.

Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the areas that have been searched since several of the searchers approached Billie and basically told her that Brad didn't know what he was talking about, and they were going to search where they thought was important. I about lost it. I know that not all of the searchers, or even (hopefully) the majority felt this way.... but for anyone to have the gall to dismiss everything that Brad worked so hard to set up just made me sick. Your best bet on finding out the covered areas would be to get ahold of redcat. If she doesn't know offhand, she can find out.

You got me to thinking also. I haven't thought of this place in years - I think we called it the 'hot spot'. When I was in high school, it was a very popular place to swim, or just go to drink. I can't remember exactly where it is, but I know that it is a posted, fenced area. The water there was very warm and full of currents... because of the power plant's intake vents (or whatever you would call them). And dangerous because supposedly the suction is strong enough to pull you under. I have no idea if the plant is still set up that way, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Personally, I have to believe that Hailey is still alive. And until I know for a fact otherwise, that is what I will believe. At the same time, I realize that areas need to be searched, if for no other reason than to clear them. That is why I am furious that TES has not been allowed to come in. Yes, there is a vast amount of land that you really cannot narrow down to any certain place to look, but the lakes, ponds, fishing holes, and the Colorado River (in the few places water might be) could dang sure be searched and ruled out. Our city manager has mentioned how vast Lake Colorado City is, and lamented how expensive it would be to search it, but TES doesn't charge for their services, do they? That is what I have been led to believe anyway.

I see no reason at all that TES is not allowed to come in and clear at least the Colorado City and Champion lakes.... unless there is something down there (totally unrelated to Hailey) that someone doesn't want to be found. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but WTH? I am beginning to believe that something mighty interesting would be found.

When I first contacted TES, I was told in no uncertain terms that they did not have to be either invited or welcomed by LE. Only that a parent had to ask them to come and then inform LE. I immediately called Billie, and she called and asked them to come, called LE to tell them that TES was coming, and then called TES back to let them know LE had been informed. TES told her they would be coming either that day or the next morning (they are 8 to 10 hours away from us, and it has been so long that I don't remember which day they said they were coming... it was late morning getting close to noon after all the phone calls were made). Keep in mind that it was very easy to get someone to talk to us, and they never made us wait very long on hold.

As soon as I heard that it had been reported that they were on standby (and I heard it here first), I called Billie and asked her what had happened. She had no idea that they were not coming after all. So I called TES back. Several times. And besides being forwarded to this person and that person, and spending a lot of time on hold. And no one was able to talk to me - oh, I talked to lots of different people, but no one that was 'authorized' to give me any information. Finally, I got the voicemail of the woman I had originally talked to that morning. And left two or three messages.

When it was nearly 5pm, I called again, in a last ditch effort to get anyone to tell me anything. And I finally found someone to help me out a little bit, bless her heart. She gave me the cell number of the woman I talked to that morning. So I called her, of course getting voicemail. I am not ashamed to admit that I begged her to call me. And she did call me back.

She was very apologetic, but could not explain the standby status to me. I asked her if I had misunderstood her earlier explaination of not needing LE's permission to come as long as a parent requested them and informed LE that they would be coming. I don't blame her, and in fact I think she felt very bad. She told me that I had understood her correctly, but that LE had put them on standby. I kept on, and finally she told me (paraphrasing) "I'm sorry, but LE called us and told us not to come. They have us on standby. As soon as they allow us to come, we will. We have our mobile home packed, and we also have access to a plane and a pilot. I promise, as soon as LE allows us to come, we will leave immediately, and can be there in a matter of hours."

And this was how many days/weeks ago? It really makes me sick. I realize that they are (or were) in Florida on another case now, and of course they cant drop everything and come here. But they were ready to come, and were not allowed to. WTH could have been said to them to make them throw out their standard protocol regarding getting involved?

sounds to me like LE knows something and they dont need them to come search......

Oh, my! So LE told them not to. What on Earth? What does LE know that we don't?

TES just finished an underwater sonar search in the New Orleans area, looking for and recovering the body of Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed's brother. TES is a very busy organization.

I think TES is not being asked to be involved because of the Casey Anthony case and the argument over the records. TES is being used by the defense of the accused. That is costing the state money, and will cost them money again when it goes to appeal.

And then you have Donna Brock working for TES involving herself in the Haleigh Cummings case and ending up in jail on a trafficking charge.

I have great respect for TES and what they do. I think they have had some bad luck and some bad judgment calls where they got too involved in the personal part of the cases instead of setting up grid searches and staying out in the field. Their core purpose is searching, it what they do, it is what their expertise is, it is how they have helped numerous families. Getting involved in the investigation of side of the cases especially in high profile cases has blown up in their faces, at least for the short term.

I will say again I think they are a great organization, do great things, and will continue to help many people. But I don't blame the police, the prosecutor, or any official agency asking them for help at this point. It is probably the very prudent approach, especially in cases that appear to be a family cover up. TES is probably going to have to revamp their bylaws and procedures.

At this point the requirement that LE and the family invite them to participate is going to keep them out of some searches. The invite on the officials side can be a problem when you get to the court side of the table. Just like if you have cops that are dirty, labs that are not following protocol, etc... they are officially endorsed and held to a specific standards. When the implication in court is that the state has endorsed TES when they have no ability to verify their members that is a problem. Up until Casey Anthony and then double whammied by Donna Brock it had not been an issue and their reputation preceded them nothing but a much needed resource. That has changed at the moment. And the Anthony case with appeals will go on for a decade.

They may need to become a family authorized organization that operates independent searches. They can of course stand down upon official request, but it is much easier for LE to say those are private individuals operating independently. As long as they are not breaking any laws they can do what any other member of the community chooses to do. Much different than LE saying please involve yourself in our case, we are endorsing, inviting, and to some degree will be working with you to suggest areas we would like to see searched.

I hope TES recovers, I would and do support them.
I would like to see them return to their core intentions.
The Anthony's and Donna Brock can either drag them down, or teach them some hard learned lessons, and help them redefine their boundaries of how they conduct themselves with family members of the missing. Some of them are criminals and cannot be trusted and they will use your efforts and the background of your unscreened volunteers in their defense. You can set up logical searches without playing undercover detective.

IMOO

In the 12/26 online edition of the Colorado City Record Kampfer gives another one of his famous press releases. He said that this is now "A criminal investigation. We consider Hailey as under duress. I think maybe he believes Hailey is under ground, and that is why he made his closing comment that "we will keep looking but we have to go forward with the issues of life." What a bunch of cow patties. Was he selected as the spokesperson for LE because of his gift of "confabulation"?

[URL=""http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/...ighten-numbers""
The above link has already been posted in previous comments by others. But this bears looking into, because it sounds like a "we know but we won't say it" and we have other things to take care of" (such as ?)

ETA Sorry for my delayed post. I realize that several comments have posted while I was struggling to get the link to the ccity news article to show up the way it should.

I am very impressed with your posts. You seem to be the type of friend we all hope we have somewhere in our lives.

Your ability to post among the negativity and suspicion without being drawn into an argument says a lot about you. I have seen many friends and family members post that I thought were purely agenda based.

My initial expectation of you was the same I must admit, especially when I began (and continue to) heavily question Billie's involvement, knowledge, or at a minimum her judgment.

But I have to say while I have not been swayed to the Billie is being nothing but honest, forthcoming, and cooperative side of things.... I have come around to seeing that is simply your opinion/belief/hope, not something you are here to convince everyone else of, even if it is at the expense of finding Hailey. I do believe you want the truth to come out no matter what it is, and I have a lot of respect for that.

Especially after some of the propaganda and revisionist history we see some insiders in cases some around trying to sell. I do hope that your faith in her well founded. It would be a refreshing change, it would be he best thing for DD, and I don't want to see your dignified defense of a friend to be misguided. That is a horrible feeling, and I truly hope you don't find yourself in that position.

If you do, don't let it change you.
That is easier said than done I know.
Cynical is easy. Comfy and safe.
And depending on how you get to the cynical side of the road it can be a one way trip. If the worst comes to be, try not to be caught up in the current of anger that lands you over here before you can stop yourself.

Of course you can always come sit by me if you do end up on the cynical couch. I can give you some tips to bring you up to speed ;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151