LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. they probably don't want to be in the public eye. i surely wouldn't for safety reasons, ya know.

Just curious. I hadn't thought of "safety reasons" as whomever left the bike there made it public... surely knowing it could be discovered by anyone.

but that was baton rouge news that was just posted. they said it too. i'm thinking they are just saying that the FIRST white truck that was cleared was cleared, but they should have clarified that there is still ANOTHER white truck in question

Exactly. I just posted on their facebook wall (under a different post of theirs) asking this question. Their news tonight was extremely confusing and could hamper the investigation if the LE are indeed still looking for one white truck.

Of course, if the LE would just come out and do a news conference to keep us all updated on what is relevant news, there might be less confusion!

No, he was killed in a single vehicle accident in Grosse Tete, La. Hit a tree head on.

That's horrible, Isabelle, and I'm so sorry. Your heart must have a big empty place :(

Anyone think that the fam could be putting on a LE directed show for the cameras? As in LE wants their public presence to give off the vibe they've got nothing to work with as far as clues but they actually have quite so they advise Mr. Shunick to sound hopeless in the media while they are getting closer to an arrest?

I'm just living on a prayer I guess that this case won't go cold like so many others.

I have been away from the computer for a few days, so please don't flog me....but did anything ever come of the PI having info from 2 people and possible items of interest?

I have been away from the computer for a few days, so please don't flog me....but did anything ever come of the PI having info from 2 people and possible items of interest?

I do not believe any other comments have been made in news about this. But anyone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Anyone think that the fam could be putting on a LE directed show for the cameras? As in LE wants their public presence to give off the vibe they've got nothing to work with as far as clues but they actually have quite so they advise Mr. Shunick to sound hopeless in the media while they are getting closer to an arrest?

I'm just living on a prayer I guess that this case won't go cold like so many others.

Take the spotlight off and see if the rats come out? Yes, I do.

Also, a note, I had a customer today who was upset because her search group was forced to leave early because her group leader wasn't doing the paper worked required by the organizers. She said they were a four person team on a boat searching the vermillion river. They found a mase(sp?) can floating in the water. ( I immediately asked if it was pinks she said there was no cover on it). It was bagged and LE went out to retrieve it.

I hear so much because my workplace is very bear the saint streets. The case comes up at least four or five times everyday.

Nope.

Also, a note, I had a customer today who was upset because her search group was forced to leave early because her group leader wasn't doing the paper worked required by the organizers. She said they were a four person team on a boat searching the vermillion river. They found a mase(sp?) can floating in the water. ( I immediately asked if it was pinks she said there was no cover on it). It was bagged and LE went out to retrieve it.

I hear so much because my workplace is very bear the saint streets. The case comes up at least four or five times everyday.

Wonder who the group leader was?

Jeez, who would go out and search and then fail to do the paperwork asked for?! How stupid.

Has anybody noticed this detail before?

"Earlier in the week one of the two horses was injured. It's nostril was sliced open. She would have wanted to check on it this weekend," Says told NBC33 News on Sunday . . .

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/local-n...ckey-shunick-as-friends-family-remain-hopeful

What? Ashley S., Mickey's good friend, says that the horses nostril was sliced open. She doesn't say how. What the heck?

We actually live in Baton Rouge. His name is Ray Ours. accident was in 2003

Sorry to hear of your loss. Grew up there and most are related. Have been away since 1986 and newcomers have moved in. Thought I may have known the family.

My husband is LE, his bro is LE, my sister's husband is LE - I understand that they have to keep many facts close to the chest. But, they also know you have to stay connected with the public - sometimes saying absolutely nothing of importance but reassuring they are still working on the case. In this case, there are so many wild speculation and rumors out there, you'd think they would just address a few of them and take them off the table. You get the idea LE on Mickey's case are not even aware that she's still missing. (And yes - I KNOW they know she's missing - they just aren't acting like it.)

I agree.
Mickey's family needs to know more if they don't already, the people of Lafayette and the surrounding areas need to know and those who have kids going to school in Lafayette need to know.

but that was baton rouge news that was just posted. they said it too. i'm thinking they are just saying that the FIRST white truck that was cleared was cleared, but they should have clarified that there is still ANOTHER white truck in question

Clarifying facts means they would have to actually investigate instead of getting their news from the wire services.

I truly hope this is the case.

Maybe the next big announcement is that they've made an arrest and they're announcing the charges? They just want to be sure first. We can hope, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975