NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are that the vehicle wasn't registered. How would police go about finding an unregistered vehicle (other than physically look for it). More to the point...how can they say, "Where the heck is your Monte Carlo, EB?", when they have no way to prove she ever owned one? See my point?

I can think of one way to find a Monte Carlo however it would be a long shot. Monte Carlo's need gas, so maybe it has been to a gas station and can be viewed on CCTV at a gas station.

you just heard that on the news beach?

No, I didn't that's why I was hoping a local could report what they said.
Hopefully WSOC will post the video soon. It did come from a local. If I get a link I will post it.

OK, without revealing my source (because I honestly love this friend and wouldn't want to lose her in my life) I can only say that my friend of many, many years is close to BS. BS told my friend this, and I trust her implicitly. I have not pumped her for information, just asked a few tidbits here and there. But, she offered this information to me. However, I am going to call my friend today and ask some more questions, now that I have some specific things to ask.

Could you ask if Zahra "routinely flew back to Australia to have her prothesic leg checked". Someone just asserted that a CNN reporter told him/her this in confidence.

Her passport would reflect the visits back to Australia.

Besides, who would accompany her on the flight? They didn't have enough money to buy food or pay rent!

It was on a search warrent -- There was quite a discussion as to the last number of the license plate..

The third car that is only mentioned once on page 6 of the search warrant documents and has not been mentioned elsewhere is an 05 Impala. It wasn't a Monte Carlo.

I can think of one way to find a Monte Carlo however it would be a long shot. Monte Carlo's need gas, so maybe it has been to a gas station and can be viewed on CCTV at a gas station.

You bring up something I have been wondering about, Netsleuther.

Very early on in the investigation, it was mentioned that LE was canvasing around the Bakers home for video footage.

It has been mentioned by the WS sleuthers, that there are many businesses surrounding the Baker home.

Is there any indication that there are video surveillance cameras pointed in the general direction of the Bakers house?

Yesterday when I was looking up flight schedules, the least expensive fare I could see was about $1,800 per person round trip. To spend $3,600 to fly to Australia to get an adjustment/replacement on the leg seems a little odd - especially if it would have to be done every 6 months based on her age. I have no idea how Australia's system works, but since the no longer lived there would they still be covered (I ask to nobody in particular)?

FWIW, I would think that Zahra could go back for free care as she is a citizen.

Could you ask if Zahra "routinely flew back to Australia to have her prothesic leg checked". Someone just asserted that a CNN reporter told him/her this in confidence.

Her passport would reflect the visits back to Australia.

Besides, who would accompany her on the flight? They didn't have enough money to buy food or pay rent!

Who is that "someone?"

Yesterday when I was looking up flight schedules, the least expensive fare I could see was about $1,800 per person round trip. To spend $3,600 to fly to Australia to get an adjustment/replacement on the leg seems a little odd - especially if it would have to be done every 6 months based on her age. I have no idea how Australia's system works, but since the no longer lived there would they still be covered (I ask to nobody in particular)?

I have been to Australia twice - very expensive and an extremely long flight. I flew from DC both times and I think it took 20-22 hours before I made it to my destination.

In response to your question - it seems EB is very criminal minded, so perhaps she had struck up some kind of friendship with someone else in Australia and was using their address. Who knows? But what I'm beginning to figure out is that EB is not as stupid as everyone thinks she is. The ransom note wasn't too bright, but still I don't think she is incredibly stupid.

Since you have brought up the Monte Carlo, it was mentioned last night that a CNN person had speculated to one of our WS sleuthers at the Baker house, that he thought they would find Zahra IN the Monte Carlo, in a Lake.

Does anyone know if LE is actually searching any lakes?

I don't know, but funny you mention it, the "mill pond" where my aunt lives, the water is really low. Don't know what is up. It is on my facebook in pictures. I wonder if you guys can see it. I may go take a little drive. Should be doing my homework though.

Patty your question from the last thread - "How do we know Adam Baker paid for Elisa Baker to go to Australia?"

I think some information came from various news links and other from various social networks.

http://www.thestate.com/2010/10/13/1510129/case-of-missing-nc-girl-now-a.html

Relatives said Elisa and Adam Baker met online about two years ago. He sent Elisa money to fly to Australia and join them.

The couple married there, Elisa Baker’s sisters said. When Elisa Baker returned to North Carolina last December, she had Adam and his daughter Zahra in tow. The family moved into Elisa Baker’s father’s house.

But the CNN guy that Sherlock spoke with last evening did - could just be speculation or perhaps there is something to it. Could be if they can't find any part of Z other than a leg that can be detached from her body, she could be wherever this car is ... and that could be any place. There is a place in WNC - Eastern TN where many cars are dumped that have been involved in crimes - it is a large area of swamp like water that seems to just swallow up the cars.

I'm in East TN, close to NC border. Never heard of a place like that. :eek:

Perhaps some locals can seek out this info for us. :)

We're working on it. If anyone else is interested in helping, let me know. I'm going to be on vacation next week. You would be surprised. Evidently no one in this family owns anything.

BTW, when y'all were talking about the photo-baiting (possibility that EB used photos of BS when she was courting AB online), I thought her other daughter, AF, looked WAY more like her. But in this photo, both of them very much look like their mother.

http://abcnews.go.com/meta/search/i...om/images/US/4e1e02d8d9bc4ef481da3aa929449330

Can't imagine waking up and looking in the mirror every morning and seeing their mom looking back at them, after all of the horrible things she has allegedly done.

http://www.thestate.com/2010/10/13/1...irl-now-a.html

Relatives said Elisa and Adam Baker met online about two years ago. He sent Elisa money to fly to Australia and join them.

The couple married there, Elisa Baker’s sisters said. When Elisa Baker returned to North Carolina last December, she had Adam and his daughter Zahra in tow. The family moved into Elisa Baker’s father’s house.

Link doesn't work. :(

FWIW, I would think that Zahra could go back for free care as she is a citizen.
Her medical care would be free, however her travel to and fro most likely would not I would think.

Patty, I've looked for links about Adam paying the way for Elisa to come to Oz, no luck yet and will keep trying.

We're working on it. If anyone else is interested in helping, let me know. I'm going to be on vacation next week. You would be surprised. Evidently no one in this family owns anything.

BTW, when y'all were talking about the photo-baiting (possibility that EB used photos of BS when she was courting AB online), I thought her other daughter, AF, looked WAY more like her. But in this photo, both of them very much look like their mother.

http://abcnews.go.com/meta/search/i...om/images/US/4e1e02d8d9bc4ef481da3aa929449330

Can't imagine waking up and looking in the mirror every morning and seeing their mom looking back at them, after all of the horrible things she has allegedly done.

AF is the one with the big chunk of color in front of hair? If so...that's the daughter I was refering to.

I'm in East TN, close to NC border. Never heard of a place like that. :eek:

I'll try to find out where or what it is called. The only time I heard it mentioned was during a murder investigation in WNC and if I am not mistaken the murdered guys car had been dumped there. But that was at least ten years ago or more, but when I talk to my LE friends, I'll try to find out where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth