OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends what kind of phone she has. SmartPhones (such as Androids, Blackberries, etc) have capabilities to play certain games on Facebook via mobile phones (not sure if Treasure Isle is one of them though) but she'd have to have an upgraded data plan and everything in order to do that (aka- she'd need to REALLY love gaming because those data plans start at like $15 extra per month)

Her husband (Kyron's father) works for Intel. This may be a pretty techie family. And for a lot of people $15 a month is no big deal.

Noticed that her comment (re: my post above) has generated a response. Sorry to say it but she just opened a can of worms. There will be many more, not-so-nice comments to come... Isn't there some kind of support agency for the parents of a missing child that advise the parents what to do/not to do at the onset of their child's disappearance when it comes to public scrutiny? If not, there should be! JMO ~

I really doubt that the comment on the news story is from the step mother.

She never came out and SAID he was missing or asked for help! She just said not to listen to the media!

What happened to not talking to anyone?? I would consider responding to a news article to be talking to the media.

I hope, that wasn't actually her.

I hope not either MsFacetious.

Where could this little guy be? Today and tonight they are still working the 2 square mile grid of an area close to the school.

The 11pm news mainly said that the FBI has sent a CARD team to join the investigation and that a FBI profiler has been flown in from Quantico. That is new news from what KOIN implied.

I don't think it is a stretch to think Kyron could still be alive {even tho that belies the statistics}. I know hikers, auto accident victims, etc have been rescued many days after their going missing from areas in Oregon. The rain has been down pouring at times today and yesterday, but it isn't really cold outside. I just am hoping so bad he is lost somewhere and that minds focusing on an alive Kyron might somehow help him being found. xox

I really doubt that the comment on the news story is from the step mother.

If it's not from her, it's from someone who knows her. Her license plate on her car is RDSQRL (Red Squirrel).

Where is the father? Has the father made any statements?

No, neither has the mother, or stepmother other than Facebook and possibly a comment on a news article. Nobody in the family has made a public plea, or thank you or statement at all.

Today it was said that they were too traumatized and not ready to speak yet.

Noticed that her comment (re: my post above) has generated a response. Sorry to say it but she just opened a can of worms. There will be many more, not-so-nice comments to come... Isn't there some kind of support agency for the parents of a missing child that advise the parents what to do/not to do at the onset of their child's disappearance when it comes to public scrutiny? If not, there should be! JMO ~

Yes Nomoresorrow, there is. I don't have the link here right now but will find it in a bit. Beth Holloway {Natalee's mother} has a new website where any family of a missing child can get all the help and answers they need in dealing with everything that might come up.

Here ya go:: Natalee Holloway Resource Center
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Here's an example of how they help, giving info on topics like this:

Please contact us for any of the following reasons:

Did a loved one go missing and you aren't sure who to contact or how to proceed?

Do you need help coordinating efforts of finding a missing loved one?

Do you need help coordinating media efforts to find a missing loved one?

Do you need a traveling safe program for a group of students?

Do you have high-risk students that need an educational curriculum regarding law enforcement?

xox

Saw the photo of him and Terri's father,so he's close to his grandparents,which he's always known.He was a baby when they got married.I wonder why the older boy is with the grandparents instead of either parent.

And is Terri and Kaine raising the boy in the science fair pic and bowling photo.Photo says it's his first time bowling,looks like Kyron is helping him hold the ball,sweet little child.

The OregonLive article also says the older boy has lived with Terri's parents "for the past few months". I have seen where he lived before that -- presumably either with Terri and her husband (and thus with Kyron), or with his biological father, who also lives somewhere in the same general area. If the older boy changed residences during the school year, that would be very odd, and suggest that "something happened". But hard to know what "the past several months" means -- could mean the past 9 months, and thus since the beginning of the school year.

In the photo of Kyron in front of his science project, why are there not a lot of other parents, teachers, and kids? You can see one child in the background, but no others. Where is everyone? What time did she actually drop off Kryon?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/kyron-horman-missing-disappeared-elementary-school/story?id=10836677

That little girl and the adult in the checked shirt with her (I think that's an adult in a checked shirt) who are in the background can vouch for what time Kyron and his stepmom were in the room. I sure wish there was a clock in the picture.

what if.....

he didn't want to perform at the talent show? and wandered off to explore instead of performing? or was hiding out until it was done, and someone grabbed him?

If it's not from her, it's from someone who knows her. Her license plate on her car is RDSQRL (Red Squirrel).

Thanks, but how did you know that? I was wondering what those letters meant. Do we really ever know who is writing those anonymous comments? And why would a friend write it in the first person as if the stepmom is writing it?

ETA Just wanted to make clear, pns, that I don't mean "how do you know that" like I'm challenging you. I mean it like, "Wow, how did you find that out?"

I hope not either MsFacetious.

I can't even explain WHY that comment got such a reaction out of me.

Probably because if it WAS her... she took the time to defend HERSELF...actually said something... but not to thank the people searching for her kid. Or to ask people to keep looking. Or to express her love for him, how she misses him. Or to clarify the mistakes in the media.

Just felt the need to defend herself. :furious:

I want to believe she is at home crying and wondering if Kyron is cold, hungry or scared... I have to agree though that because of the plate number (which I believe was in a picture on her facebook if I remember correctly) it looks like it is her... but I am going to hope it is not...because that really, really REALLY made me angry. :banghead:

Thanks, but how did you know that? I was wondering what those letters meant. Do we really ever know who is writing those anonymous comments? And why would a friend write it in the first person as if the stepmom is writing it?

ETA Just wanted to make clear, pns, that I don't mean "how do you know that" like I'm challenging you. I mean it like, "Wow, how did you find that out?"

I'm tellin ya, I've got a PhD in Hormanology. I've read her FB back to the beginning several times, and that stuck out to me... the REDSQRL thing. It's buried waaaaaay back in her FB, but she got a red Mustang, and that's the personalized license plate on the car.

I can't even explain WHY that comment got such a reaction out of me.

Probably because if it WAS her... she took the time to defend HERSELF...actually said something... but not to thank the people searching for her kid. Or to ask people to keep looking. Or to express her love for him, how she misses him. Or to clarify the mistakes in the media.

Just felt the need to defend herself. :furious:

I want to believe she is at home crying and wondering if Kyron is cold, hungry or scared... I have to agree though that because of the plate number (which I believe was in a picture on her facebook if I remember correctly) it looks like it is her... but I am going to hope it is not...because that really, really REALLY made me angry. :banghead:

If her license plate is on Facebook then anyone could have used it. It just doesn't make sense that she would comment a news story to defend herself. She seems like a pretty mature woman and I am sure LE has told her to lay low. At least it seems like they told Kyron's mother to.

The news just said that Terri's facebook page "mentions a family pet that is also missing young Kyron." LOL Apparently they also think that cats can get hugs and read books on his bed! Oh my... (his little sister's nickname is Kitty..)

?? :waitasec:

I'm a bit confused by your post ... can you clarify?

Alright guys. I have to go to bed. I EXPECT you guys to have solved this by morning and tis sweet baby will be home safe and warm with a full belly in his own bed. Many prayers tonight Kyron, and Dear God please hold him close in your arms til he can be found.

I am sorry if I offend anyone here but I am really suspicious of the step mum.....

It is for a number of reasons.....

The first one is that comment on the news article re the appointment.....now once again we know that this is merely a comment...so a rumor but the police would not confirm this......

This means (if this person knows more than we know) that the step mum told the teacher that Kyron had an appointment......why do this????? She then apparently emailed the teacher (I think) and said the appointment was for a later date....

They are saying that a student saw Kyron waiting at the southern entrance later that morning......what if stepmum said I'll get the car and meet you there or they actually just planned for her to pick him up from this entrance....

Maybe something then happened on the way to the appointment......or god please no, she planned for something to happen....

Once again this is just based on that comment and a few inconsistencies with her story and timings......oh and if it is her...the fact that she is trying to defend her actions on forums....

If this comment is a rumor then I still think if he was at the entrance he was meeting someone or going to someone......

All very scary...

?? :waitasec:

I'm a bit confused by your post ... can you clarify?

It's hard to explain since we're not allowed to mention the name of minors. Suffice it to say that the name of a child in the home could be confused with a reference to a cat, and at least one poster here (guess who :blushing:) thought that the stepmom had posted that the cat was on Kyron's bed reading a book. Apparently the reporter made the same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth