Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even a prepaid phone has to transmit from somewhere and there will be a record of where that is on a computer at the phone company. The wonders of the digital age! ;)

Do all pre-paid phones have the same the same company? Wouldn't LE at least have to know where the pre-paid phone was purchased?

About his job...

I just saw yesterday (and I think it was in an interview with the parents on NG, but not sure) where it was said they moved to VA because DS's job took him there, or that they moved for him to take a job in VA. I can't see someone moving 4 states away from home and family to take a job delivering food supplies. Do we know if he recently lost a job, perhaps the one that brought them to VA in the first place? Or is this delivery work something he did to moonlight for extra cash? What WAS this job?

PUFF YOU ROCK

A BIG THANK YOU for all your excellent contributions to the thread - your time-line takes much work, I know cause I've done several. Looking up all the Walmarts and all your sleuthing is so helpful - thanks again!!

About his job...

I just saw yesterday (and I think it was in an interview with the parents on NG, but not sure) where it was said they moved to VA because DS's job took him there, or that they moved for him to take a job in VA. I can't see someone moving 4 states away from home and family to take a job delivering food supplies. Do we know if he recently lost a job, perhaps the one that brought them to VA in the first place? Or is this delivery work something he did to moonlight for extra cash? What WAS this job?

I think Doug plays abusive mind games - I wouldn't doubt moving to VA was a ploy to isolate Venus. just a thought

Wouldn't a warrant for a car search include imprints of tire treads? LE didn't tow the cars in - so maybe they got tire tread prints without listing on the warrant???

No, they would have had to list all the evidence they took and it isnt listed.

Do all pre-paid phones have the same the same company? Wouldn't LE at least have to know where the pre-paid phone was purchased?

The recieving company would have that info. They wouldn't be able to prove that it was him that called of course.

In any case it is pretty simple. He says he was in Virginia, presumably at home, and his carrier would certainly know who he called. So, if he did call and it wasn't from home (or where ever he claimed to be) that could be determined.

Even a prepaid phone has to transmit from somewhere and there will be a record of where that is on a computer at the phone company. The wonders of the digital age! ;)

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/wireless911srvc.html

http://www.cybertelecom.org/voip/911reg.htm

http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/converg/2005/1114converge1.html

From what I understand, it's a bit more difficult to trace perhaps, but federal regulations have required all carriers to provide phones that can be traced back to the origin of the call and each phone provides a unique ID. I don't think it's impossible for police to track a prepaid phone. It was primarily initiated for use with the 911 system, but obviously the information can be used for investigative purposes as well.

I think Doug plays abusive mind games - I wouldn't doubt moving to VA was a ploy to isolate Venus. just a thought

Perhaps, but to claim a job that never existed is something that could easily be disproved, and her parents never said anything to that effect. If it had been a lie, I suspect they would have said so.

Perhaps, but to claim a job that never existed is something that could easily be disproved, and her parents never said anything to that effect. If it had been a lie, I suspect they would have said so.

Never meant that Doug lied about a job - I'm sure he had one. Guess I'm questioning IF he really needed to move in order to work. Isolating is a huge part of domestic violence. moo

With the distance involved, how tight the timeline would have to be if it was DS who abducted her, and that he has a "solid" alibi placing him in NN that day, I believe he had an accomplice. I don't think the police would have considered his alibi sufficient enough to say it "checked out" if it only covered his whereabouts in the evening. I also believe (given the items and receipt found) that he only planned to take and harm Venus. I don't think he would have risked breaking in to the home. He no doubt knew the mom's schedule; I wonder if the father is retired or if not, was he supposed to be home (and asleep) at that time of the morning?

Bolded...

Great question....I've wondered that myself. I wonder what Dad does with himself all day! I wonder if DS expected him to even be home.

So where does he get the time to set up his alibi? This is a work day after all, his absence would be missed. He would need to get everyone who would normally interact with him on board.

Do you know what his alibi is? All we've heard is that it checks out... "for now."

I'm guessing that his alibi has fallen apart by this time.

I think he's responsible; he may have even killed her. But given what we know so far, I don't believe he's the one who abducted her.

Where do you think he may have killed her? If someone abducted her, how did they get her back to him? Whose receipt is that in the truck? Whose boots and gloves? Lab will fingerprint all of this, and will also check for epithelial cells in the gloves and boots. The evidence is there.

Who was in his truck driving across Ohio, buying a tarp, gloves, a shovel and a cap?

If you think that he hired someone to go to MI and abduct her and drive her all the way back to VA so that he could kill her--well, how would that person subdue her on the drive?

I'm really trying to see it any other way than the way I see it.

I'm not hung up on his alibi...we've seen alibis crumble so many times before.

Is there anything other than the alibi that makes you see it the way you do?

I'm not trying to be a smartypants... I enjoy the dialogue with you.

So where does he get the time to set up his alibi? This is a work day after all, his absence would be missed. He would need to get everyone who would normally interact with him on board.

You think he went to work on Monday? Or went about his normal daily routine on Monday?

You guys who kick holes in the stuff that some of us toss around... I don't mind it, but I'd like to see you guys contribute more by creating your own theories and timelines. Don't always be the critic...try being the creator. Let's see some different people putting theories and timelines out there so that we can discuss it.

You think he went to work on Monday? Or went about his normal daily routine on Monday?

If he has a job one would assume he went there. Unless he is self employed people would be expecting to see him and would know if he wasn't there. Even if he was self employed, presumably someone would have been expecting him to show up, and if he didn't, with all the publicity around the case, at least some of them would come forward and say so.

You guys who kick holes in the stuff that some of us toss around... I don't mind it, but I'd like to see you guys contribute more by creating your own theories and timelines. Don't always be the critic...try being the creator. Let's see some different people putting theories and timelines out there so that we can discuss it.

The problem at the moment is that we don't have enough solid information, so everything is speculative. The best thing is to pose questions around what we do know. This shouldn't be a tough case though, even if it has a strange vibe. I think by the end of the week chances are we will have a reasonably good idea of what happened :). It won't be like the Haleigh case IMO (at least I hope not).

If he has a job one would assume he went there. Unless he is self employed people would be expecting to see him and would know if he wasn't there. Even if he was self employed, presumably someone would have been expecting him to show up, and if he didn't, with all the publicity around the case, at least some of them would come forward and say so.

So do you think that he hired someone to do this?

The problem at the moment is that we don't have enough solid information, so everything is speculative. The best thing is to pose questions around what we do know. This shouldn't be a tough case though, even if it has a strange vibe. I think by the end of the week chances are we will have a reasonably good idea of what happened :). It won't be like the Haleigh case IMO (at least I hope not).

I agree. I think we'll see an arrest mid-week.

Here's the thing with the warrant that is a clincher to me that the crime was done by Doug and not by a hireling: the statutes that were used to obtain the search warrants don't have anything to do with conspiracy (which is what abduction for hire would be considered under Virginia statute).

18.2-47. Abduction and kidnapping defined; punishment.

A. Any person, who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes the person of another, with the intent to deprive such other person of his personal liberty or to withhold or conceal him from any person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge, shall be deemed guilty of "abduction"; but the provisions of this section shall not apply to any law-enforcement officer in the performance of his duty. The terms "abduction" and "kidnapping" shall be synonymous in this Code. Abduction for which no punishment is otherwise prescribed shall be punished as a Class 5 felony.

Virginia State Code § 18.2-49. Threatening, attempting or assisting in such abduction:

Any person who (1) threatens, or attempts, to abduct any other person with intent to extort money, or pecuniary benefit, or (2) assists or aids in the abduction of, or threatens to abduct, any person with the intent to defile such person, or (3) assists or aids in the abduction of, or threatens to abduct, any female under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony.

In each warrant, the portions of the statutes above that are applied are "abduction" and "attempted abduction."

But the conspiracy statute (abduction for hire) is missing from the warrants:

18.2-22. Conspiracy to commit felony.

(a) If any person shall conspire, confederate or combine with another, either within or without this Commonwealth, to commit a felony within this Commonwealth, or if he shall so conspire, confederate or combine with another within this Commonwealth to commit a felony either within or without this Commonwealth, he shall be guilty of a felony which shall be punishable as follows:

(1) Every person who so conspires to commit an offense which is punishable by death shall be guilty of a Class 3 felony;

(2) Every person who so conspires to commit an offense which is a noncapital felony shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony; and

(3) Every person who so conspires to commit an offense the maximum punishment for which is confinement in a state correctional facility for a period of less than five years shall be confined in a state correctional facility for a period of one year, or, in the discretion of the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, may be confined in jail not exceeding twelve months and fined not exceeding $500, either or both.

(b) However, in no event shall the punishment for a conspiracy to commit an offense exceed the maximum punishment for the commission of the offense itself.

(c) Jurisdiction for the trial of any person accused of a conspiracy under this section shall be in the county or city wherein any part of such conspiracy is planned or in the county or city wherein any act is done toward the consummation of such plan or conspiracy.

(d) The penalty provisions of this section shall not apply to any person who conspires to commit any offense defined in Chapter 34 of Title 54.1 or of Article 1 (18.2-247 et seq.), Chapter 7 of this title. The penalty for any such violation shall be as provided in 18.2-256.

This leaves me to believe that MSP don't think that he had an accomplice or a contractor, but that he did it himself. That's why I've paid no attention to the alibis tonight. I really, really think that his alibis will have crumbled by tomorrow or Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail