Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys who kick holes in the stuff that some of us toss around... I don't mind it, but I'd like to see you guys contribute more by creating your own theories and timelines. Don't always be the critic...try being the creator. Let's see some different people putting theories and timelines out there so that we can discuss it.

Not everyone has the time to put together theories and timelines. Challenges to theories and timelines help us to develop more solid ones. Both roles - critic and creator - are needed. All contributions are welcome, valuable, and encouraged.

Where do you think he may have killed her? If someone abducted her, how did they get her back to him? Whose receipt is that in the truck? Whose boots and gloves? Lab will fingerprint all of this, and will also check for epithelial cells in the gloves and boots. The evidence is there.

Who was in his truck driving across Ohio, buying a tarp, gloves, a shovel and a cap?

If you think that he hired someone to go to MI and abduct her and drive her all the way back to VA so that he could kill her--well, how would that person subdue her on the drive?

I'm really trying to see it any other way than the way I see it.

I'm not hung up on his alibi...we've seen alibis crumble so many times before.

Is there anything other than the alibi that makes you see it the way you do?

I'm not trying to be a smartypants... I enjoy the dialogue with you.

Me you too.

Maybe he isn't the one who killed her. I wouldn't be that concerned about the alibi if it weren't for the distance involved. I believe that his attorney considered that and provided for his whereabouts on Sunday night as well. But even if he didn't, if they can place him in NN during the day on Monday, then he obviously wasn't the person who abducted her, regardless of the receipt found. I'd really like to know what his alibi is, and who verified he was in NN that day.

You guys who kick holes in the stuff that some of us toss around... I don't mind it, but I'd like to see you guys contribute more by creating your own theories and timelines. Don't always be the critic...try being the creator. Let's see some different people putting theories and timelines out there so that we can discuss it.

I did.

If he has a job one would assume he went there. Unless he is self employed people would be expecting to see him and would know if he wasn't there. Even if he was self employed, presumably someone would have been expecting him to show up, and if he didn't, with all the publicity around the case, at least some of them would come forward and say so.

About his job... was it verified that he actually makes the deliveries? Thinking more on this (and the comment he moved to VA for his job), I wonder if he's in IT or management in the company. Something other than a driver, that is.

No. I think that whatever happened, all the characters in this knew each other.

Unless whatever witnesses they have actually lied for him (in a murder case? that would take brass ones) I don't see how he was the one who abducted Venus. If the other person involved knew DS, then it would have to be someone the parents wouldn't know or suspect. I think you're right tho'; we'll know soon enough how the police suspect he pulled this off.

Unless whatever witnesses they have actually lied for him (in a murder case? that would take brass ones) I don't see how he was the one who abducted Venus. If the other person involved knew DS, then it would have to be someone the parents wouldn't know or suspect. I think you're right tho'; we'll know soon enough how the police suspect he pulled this off.

I would almost think that maybe he had nothing at all to do with it, if it weren't for that receipt. I can't think what a person would need a shovel, tarp, gloves, and a cap for all at the same time other than burying a deceased person.

What if he drove up the day of the receipt, got body disposal items, arranged for Venus' abduction and murder, gave the person the body dumping items, then he drove back to NN and went to work or whatever his 'solid' alibi was?

Maybe he even went up there and got the body disposal items with the intent of abducting/murdering her, maybe he waited outside the house but the opportunity to abduct didn't arise, so instead he arranged for it to be done and went back home.

I'd like to know if Venus went outside the home alone the day before, and also if anyone saw anyone hanging around the house the day before. And if DS's alibi covers the day before. IIRC, the alibi has been reported as being for the time of Venus' disappearance.

I agree. I think we'll see an arrest mid-week.

Here's the thing with the warrant that is a clincher to me that the crime was done by Doug and not by a hireling: the statutes that were used to obtain the search warrants don't have anything to do with conspiracy (which is what abduction for hire would be considered under Virginia statute).

<snip>

I think it's the bolded sections below that can apply to DS recruiting someone to abduct Venus:

Virginia State Code § 18.2-49. Threatening, attempting or assisting in such abduction:

Any person who (1) threatens, or attempts, to abduct any other person with intent to extort money, or pecuniary benefit, or (2) assists or aids in the abduction of, or threatens to abduct, any person with the intent to defile such person, or (3) assists or aids in the abduction of, or threatens to abduct, any female under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony.

The conspiracy charges would just be added on. Hiring someone and giving them the necessary information to carry out the abduction is certainly 'assisting' by any definition.

Any speculation about the voice recorders? Since they were on the warrant, LE must have thought they had relevance to the crime. I can only think of two possible uses, both mentioned here earlier, but there have to be other ideas...

1. Something to do with threatening phone calls? I don't get why a recorded threat would be necessary though.

2. Something to do with calling the kids? Having his side of the conversation recorded and played by someone else from home?

My imagination fails.

Any person, who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes the person of another

That could also apply even if he were not the one to actually abduct her.

Also:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1201.html

§ 1201. Kidnapping

(a) Whoever unlawfully seizes, confines, inveigles, decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person, except in the case of a minor by the parent thereof, when—

(1) the person is willfully transported in interstate or foreign commerce, regardless of whether the person was alive when transported across a State boundary, or the offender travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses the mail or any means, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in committing or in furtherance of the commission of the offense;

<snip>

(c) If two or more persons conspire to violate this section and one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be punished by imprisonment for any term of years or for life.

Once Michigan finishes with him, then Virginia gets a shot and the Feds will be waiting in the wings. He's toast no matter what.

About his job... was it verified that he actually makes the deliveries? Thinking more on this (and the comment he moved to VA for his job), I wonder if he's in IT or management in the company. Something other than a driver, that is.

Whether you consider it credible information or not, I don't know, but Venus's parents said on Nancy Grace that he is a truck driver.

Any speculation about the voice recorders? Since they were on the warrant, LE must have thought they had relevance to the crime. I can only think of two possible uses, both mentioned here earlier, but there have to be other ideas...

1. Something to do with threatening phone calls? I don't get why a recorded threat would be necessary though.

2. Something to do with calling the kids? Having his side of the conversation recorded and played by someone else from home?

My imagination fails.

Only one person in VA need be aware that a call is being recorded. Perhaps he recorded calls to Venus and the kids without their knowledge. Maybe he was stupid enough to record his negotiations with his accomplice.

I would almost think that maybe he had nothing at all to do with it, if it weren't for that receipt. I can't think what a person would need a shovel, tarp, gloves, and a cap for all at the same time other than burying a deceased person.

What if he drove up the day of the receipt, got body disposal items, arranged for Venus' abduction and murder, gave the person the body dumping items, then he drove back to NN and went to work or whatever his 'solid' alibi was?

Maybe he even went up there and got the body disposal items with the intent of abducting/murdering her, maybe he waited outside the house but the opportunity to abduct didn't arise, so instead he arranged for it to be done and went back home.

I'd like to know if Venus went outside the home alone the day before, and also if anyone saw anyone hanging around the house the day before. And if DS's alibi covers the day before. IIRC, the alibi has been reported as being for the time of Venus' disappearance.

Then again... perhaps the accomplice IS local to Venus. Perhaps the place in Ohio where the items were purchased is roughly a half-way point where he met up with the kidnapper.

Whether you consider it credible information or not, I don't know, but Venus's parents said on Nancy Grace that he is a truck driver.

Ok thanks. Then I'm back to my previous question I guess. I don't see someone moving to another state for a job as a local food delivery driver. So I wonder if *whatever* that position was, it fell through or he was fired/laid off?

Ok thanks. Then I'm back to my previous question I guess. I don't see someone moving to another state for a job as a local food delivery driver. So I wonder if *whatever* that position was, it fell through or he was fired/laid off?

I can't imagine VS was very happy about the move, with the marriage in such terrible shape, and so far away from her family and with little kids. Northrup Grumann Shipbuilding is there, and other Navy-related jobs with good benefits. I can only see her moving if there was a promise of really good benefits. Then DS blew it, lost the job, and she went back home.

Incidentally, it looks like their house in Schoolcraft sold for a lot less than they bought it for -- probably money problems didn't help their situation.

Evidence Found In Missing Colon Woman Case
Posted Tuesday May 11, 2010 1 hour, 18 minutes ago

COLDWATER (WTVB) - Two weeks after her disappearance, forensic investigators have found worrisome evidence in the Venus Stewart abduction case. They reportedly found blood in both vehicles belonging to her estranged husband Doug.

According to a court warrant documenting what was seized, they found rope in his truck and receipt from a Walmart in Ohio for a shovel, a tarp, a cap and gloves, purchased the day before the abduction. An empty bag that had contained a tarp was found in the front yard, of her parent&#8217;s home in Colon Township, where the Bronson high graduate had gone to escape Doug.

More at link...
http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/11/evidence-found-missing-colon-woman-case/

From this morning's article:

Testing is being done on the blood and other samples taken from the vehicles, and from Stuart, and more information could be released today.

Makes me hopeful justice is near.

My imagination fails.

The digital voice recorders are bothering me too.
My original thought was they were being used for threats. But, maybe to record conversations for evidence for family court??? IDK

But, one thing is for sure, LE thought they were linked to what happened because they took them.

Something else that's bothering me...the Busch Gardens 2 day passes. What on Earth would those have to do with this????

Any ideas?
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members